Base stats:
HP-95
ATT-125
DEF-79
SP.ATT-60
SP.DEF-100
SPEED-81

Ability:Intimidate
When Pokémon with this Trait enter play, their presence is so intimidating that any opposing Pokémon has its Attack reduced by one level.

SET 1:Tauntrados
-earthquake
-HP flying
-dragon dance
-Taunt
In double battles, this thing absoulety kills off opponents because the standard Dragon dancer is a water type like suicune or vappy. (DDer referring to tyranitar,salamence) Just send it out against suicune or any other fighters and DD until you're ready to sweep. Taunt is there for blocking toxic and thunder wave from various sweepers. This is the standard set for gyarados and is the most feared set of all. Why I recommend this set in double battles? Because skarmory will just fricking wall you without that maggy to beat the hell out of the skarmory. Did I ever tell you that this is the best wobbuffet counter?

SET 2:special gyarados
-thunder
-hydro pump
-blizzard
-HP flying
Here it is, a gyarados that uses its special attack. there are better special sweepers out there, but if you are dumb or just bored, you can use this set. With only 240 sp.att at max, gyarados can't sweep very well. anyway, thunder that skarmory to hell, and hydro pump from its measly special attack can eat up tyranitar and solrock. Gyarados with ice beam 3HKOs zapdos, while Blizzard is a 2HKO, so use blizzard instead. HP flying can dent snorlax and absolutely whups heracross or breloom in the ass but regice will make this set cry.

SET 3:defensive gyarados
-HP flying
-rest
-earthquake
-sleep talk
Useless piece of crap set. This set will die to ANY special sweeper with thunder or thunderbolt no matter what. Rest and sleep talk can give gyarados more longevity, and EQ takes care of tyranitar and metagross. Watch out for salamence though, since he is immune to earthquake. I think a guy named Shichiro created this set, and it sucks ass.

Other options: Surf, flail can beat up a lot of stuff, torment, substitute, thunder wave. its movepool sucks, except thunder wave. Because it paralyzes things.

EVs: Max attack and speed on Tauntrados. for the second set, give a lot in sp.att, some att, and rest in speed. I use 68 att/36 def/232 sp.att/32 sp.def/140 speed on my special gyarados. 240HP/44 att/68 def/ 120 sp.def/38 speed for defensive gyarados, I think..

Opinion: a good DDer, and doesn't reach the tier 3 limit at all. This can be an alternative to salamence because blisseys pack Ice beams in netbattle. Special gyarados is just lol, but it can catch some special walls off-guard.

Counter: Zapdos IS the best counter for gyarados, unless if it switches on a gyarados' blizzard. Starmie can absouletely ruin it, and lunatone, solrock, skarmory, weezing are also counters.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Raikou
Tier: Very OU
type:Electric
http://www.geocities.com/callista_crystalstar/raikou.jpg
defensive effectiveness
2x:ground
1/2x:electric,flying, steel

Base stats:
HP-90
ATT-85
DEF-75
SP.ATT-115
SP.DEF-100
SPEED-115

Ability:Pressure
When a Pokémon with this Trait is attacked, the attacker loses an extra PP from the attack it used.

SET 1:
-substitute
-thunderbolt/thunder
-HP grass/ice
-calm mind
MY god.. This raikou can stall off can kill any kind of crap that opponent sends out. Increase its already almighty sp.att and def with a few calm minds, and thunder(bolt) everything to hell when you max out your special stats. HP grass OHKOs swampert, quagsire, and does numbers on lanturn after a calm mind and HP ice knocks salamence right out of the sky. In double battles, I usually pair this up with a physical sweeper like machamp because blissey will wall you unless you have 3CMs packed up or your raikou.

SET 2:
-reflect
-HP grass/ice
-thunder(bolt)
-calm mind
Short and simple. Reflect is used when physical sweepers are coming on your way. If it's rhydon or swampert, HP grass can own these freaks. Ice can wreck dragonite and salamence to its graves and CM thunder can beat the hell out of tyranitar or metagross from ruining your fun. No sub sucks though, and blissey will wall this set anyway so pairing this up with a physical sweeper would be the key, Perferably a metagross I believe. Reflect can take snorlax 1-on-1 after a CM.

SET 3:uber raikou
-thunder
-HP ice
-crunch
-calm mind
This is what I use in my uber team. Thunder is 100% accuracy because of Kyogre's rain, and HP ice can own rayquaza and 2HKO groudon after a Calm mind. Crunch beats the hell out of Mewtwo and with a CM, beats ass out of soul dew lati@s. No need to worry about blisseys at all in ubers I guess.

Other options:Protect, Roar, Thunder Wave, Psych Up. Protect is for annoying the hell out of Blissey's PP. Thunder Wave because paralysis is always nice. Psych Up is for grabbing some Calm Minds from Suicune, although Raikou can CM up on its own.

EVs- for the first set, you must give EVs in HP so raikou's HP can be divisible by 4. I use 18HP/ 240 sp.att /252 speed with a timid nature. Set 2 needs some HP, and gobs of sp.att and speed, with a modest nature. The third set must be timid no matter what, because modest mewtwo will own you if you are modest, and so can timid Lati@s.

Opinion: This beast kicks ass. It can take care of its weaknesses without hassle. Just watch out for blissey if you're using him in single battle. I love raikou. It'm my favorite pokemon to use in standards and ubers.

Counters: Dugtrio (kinda), venusaur, steelix, claydol eats a HP grass but it's a counter.

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Mewtwo
Tier:Uber
Type:psychic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/MewtwoGTZ/mewtwo_200.jpg
Defensive effectiveness
2X:bug,ghost,dark
1/2X: fight,psychic

ability:Pressure
When a Pokémon with this Trait is attacked, the attacker loses an extra PP from the attack it used.

base stats
HP-106
ATT-110
DEF-90
SP.ATT-154
SP.DEF-90
SPEED-130

SET 1:
-calm mind
-substitute/recover
-psychic
-thunder/ice beam/flamethrower
I had a real hard time which moveset would work on mewtwo, because he has a godly movepool. Anyway, calm mind up and beat the hell out of stuff that comes in your way. Thunder for kyogre's massive sp.def and an OHKO after a calm mind. Ice beam for groudon, but psychic still 2HKOs it anyway. If you want to take advantage of groudon's special ability, use flamethrower. It can also beat shedinja as well, because no flamethrower means sheddy will walk all over you. I recommend that your HP should be divided by 4 so you can beat blissey and snorlax one-on-one. MY EVs are 42HP/252 sp.att/216 speed with a timid nature, but you can have modest nature if you want to.

SET 2:
-ice beam
-bulk up
-shadow ball
-earthquake
A mixed mewtwo, in my case this my my favorite set. Ice beam can own from Groudon walking all over you, and Bulk up shadow ball OHKOs lati@s and other mewtwo. Bulk up EQ can take care of metagross and 2HKOs kyogre, which is always a plus. I didn't add psychic on this one because most ubers are psychic anyway. I use 6HP/216 att/64 sp.att/224 speed with a lonely nature.

SET 3:Taunt
-barrier
-calm mind
-ice beam/thunder/psychic
-taunt
Mewtwo can taunt other sp.sweepers from calm minding up, and barrier can save you from the horrendous groudon quakes that can KO mewtwo while you CM up. most ubers are psychic anyway, but ice beam gets stopped by kyogre and thunder by groudon, so I would recommend psychic even though most of Ubers are psychic based. In my opinion, not the best set, but it can work. And no recover is also a downfall.

Other options:Amnesia, reflect and light screen are good to pseudo-pass and snatch can take away blissey softboileds, but you already have recover. Focus punch can **** on blisseys.

EVs: I think I already mentioned it above, but listen to this line: "At least 351 speed for the uber metagame, although Mewtwo can hit speeds much higher if you want. You'll want a good amount of special attack and Modest, however if you use Substitute put 404 hp. Attacking Mewtwos can put less in Special Attack and more in Attack." By Smogon.

Opinion: One of the best ubers avaliable. Seems like everything has a mixed mewtwo weakness these days...

Counters: lol. absoutely lol

:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

Moltres
Tier:OU
type:Fire/flying
http://users.telenet.be/adk/afbeeldingen/moltres.gif
defensive effectiveness
4x:rock
2x:water,electric
1/2x:fire,fighting,steel
1/4x:grass,bug
immune:ground

Ability:Pressure

Base stats:
HP-90
ATT-100
DEF-90
SP.ATT-125
SP.DEF-85
SPEED-90

SET 1:standard
-will-o-wisp/morning sun
-HP grass/ice
-flamethrower
-sunny day
First of all, this is the standard set for moltres. will-o-wisp can seriosuly disable tyranitar and rhydon from rock sliding you to death, and HP grass kills swampert, dents suicune and Ice can send down salamence from ruining your fun. Sunny day for boosting its fire attacks and morning sun can heal moltres fully in the sun. Just watch out for zapdos or raikou who can thunderbolt you to death..

SET 2:sleep talk
-sleep talk
-rest
-HP grass/ice/electric
-flamethrower
Moltres is an excellent sleep absorber, like switch in on Jynx's lovely kisses or breloom's spore and surprise them with a STAB fire attack that sends them to hell. Hp grass for suicune and swampert, Hp ice for salamence and dragonite and did I metion that HP electirc can OHKO gyarados? This set stands a chance against blissey one-on-one but watch out for snorlax.

Other options:Overheat, roar. Moltre's movepool is horrible.

EVs- 6HP/252 sp.att/252 speed on the first set, and second set should have near max HP and special att. rest goes to speed.

Opinion: The best fire type availible. with its awesome sp.att power it can rip through with its immense fire attacks. watch out for suicune and milotic.

Counters: Suicune,milotic,blissey, aerodactyl, and other fast sweepers like raikou which can OHKO you with thunderbolt. Gyarados can be a counter without HP electric and so can tyranitar.

bleep
06-30-2006, 05:47 PM
nice guides but a few problems...

1. Raikou can't stall. At all. Its defenses and HP aren't really built around that and not having rest in its standard sets prevents from good stalling

2. I really don't think reflect Raikou deserves its own set, only one move is changed. It should be added as an extra option.

3. Even after a CM Raikou won't beat the pulp out of a Soul Dew Latios. With the souldew boost its special defense is somewhere around 440 i think. Soul Dew latias is another story. With its base special defense being equal to Raikou's base special attack it'll be somewhat tough.

4. In the Gyarados analysis i think you mean standard DD counter, vaporeon and suicune can't learn dd lol

5. CBGyarados deserves a mention definately. With the CB boost, its attack is only about 30 points below that of CBmence and doesn't get killed by the standard waters. Not too many people expect it either. The MS is basically cbmence minus rockslide with like return or flail or something. Skarmory would never expect a fireblast our of gyarados either.

6. Add that blissey really can't touch it at all, you've mentioned that he can beat blissey but its an absolute rape :)

7. Uber mewtwo is usually cm/tbolt/ib/psychic. flamethrower doesn't serve much purpose when its so easily negated by kyogre. i guess you can take the chance if you have groudon on your team but you should still watch out

8. Mewtwo needs at least 3 BulkUps to OHKO Latias, Lugia, and other mewtwo. Even if its adament, with 2 bulkups, its attack is only 700 and thats definately not enough when its not packing STAB. CB Deoxys-F just barely OHKOs mewtwo and its attack is 756 with the CBboost.

9. If your opponent makes a sacrifice or has hella good prediction skills, they can get a Deoxys-F switch and its gg for mewtwo... And basically whatever else they switch in.

10. For the bulkup set mention that you'll need an attack maxed as hell to pull it off. Brick Break should be an alternative to IceBeam in the BulkUp sat as well to catch blisseys because they're a pretty common switchin.

11. FireBlast should be mentioned in every set. Despite the 85% accuracy, that thing hits HARD. With the sunny day boost its a 270 base attack power, as opposed to 213.75 attack power with flamethrower

12. Zapdos and Raikou will NEVER switch in on SunnyDay moltres packing FireBlast. 383 special attack power unleashing a 270 base powered attack will royally **** them both up.

13. Ho-oh is the best fire type available. Moltres is the best fire type available not in ubers. Mention that it has the highest fire-typed special attack in the game also.

nice though, very nice. how long did it take you to type all of this?

David Um
06-30-2006, 05:59 PM
well, it took me about an hour to type all of this. But the most common point is that mewtwo needs recover, because without it, it can't win against blissey.
soul dew latios doesn't have 440 sp.def unless it's maxed out. 2 bulk up mewtwo can OHKO lati@s and other mewtwo, and deoxys-f isn't the best counter for mewtwo. I said lol on the counter section for mewtwo because he has no counters that will work 100% against him.

Porygon2
06-30-2006, 06:58 PM
well, it took me about an hour to type all of this. But the most common point is that mewtwo needs recover, because without it, it can't win against blissey.
soul dew latios doesn't have 440 sp.def unless it's maxed out. 2 bulk up mewtwo can OHKO lati@s and other mewtwo, and deoxys-f isn't the best counter for mewtwo. I said lol on the counter section for mewtwo because he has no counters that will work 100% against him.

Why would you even keep Mewtwo in aganst Bliss?

This is EXACTLY like Smogon's. You just put them in your own words.

David Um
06-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Why would you even keep Mewtwo in aganst Bliss?

This is EXACTLY like Smogon's. You just put them in your own words.

because mewtwo can outstall blissey. and I'm doing this for people who don't like smogon.
Megumi approved it, so I can do any type of analysis I want.

actually, most people just get analysis' from smogon and type them in their own words.

bleep
06-30-2006, 07:52 PM
i only make OU/uber analysis for that reason, its what i know best and usually don't ever have to look at smogon for reference.

Echo
06-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Gyarados is Dragon/Flying?

Water/Flying.

David Um
07-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Gyarados is Dragon/Flying?

Water/Flying.

aw god. My mistake.

Dragon_Seeker
07-01-2006, 03:00 AM
GYARADOS - INTIMIDATE
@ Choice Band
~ Double-Edge
~ Hidden Power Flying
~ Earthquake
~ Hydro Pump / Thunder

It's quite sexy if I do say so myself. And I do.

RestTalk Gyarados is good what the hell are you talking about? It's probably one of the most useful Heracross counters ever (and there are so few reliable Heracross counters that means a lot; the only surefire one is Weezing iirc), can block out just about anything Metagross throws at it due to EQ resist and MM resist, can hit hard with that 125 attack base and still manages to make hell for Swampert. How does that suck again? So what? We're not sweeping... has the thought occurred to you that Gyarados has a hell of a lot more problems sweeping these days than he used to with the spike in Zapdos popularity and therefore using him defensively really doesn't waste his once-awesome sweeping potential because he doesn't have that insane potential so readily available to him anymore?

And - more importantly - shouldn't it be mentionned that (excluding Zapdos) the two special sweepers most likely to carry Thunderbolt/Thunder are both hurt badly by Earthquake? I refer to Jirachi/Raikou.

MOLTRES - PRESSURE
@ Leftovers
~ Fire Blast
~ Hidden Power Grass / Ice
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Morning Sun / Sunny Day

Umm, yeah. You kind of need Will-O-Wisp for Snorlax and whatnot. Fire Blast is standard... Flamethrower is okay, but 85 accuracy is pretty good and Moltres (in my experience) is all about the short-term. Sunny Day is okay, but Morning Sun is better in my experience (unless you have like Exeggutor or a Reversaller on your team).

MOLTRES - PRESSURE
@ Choice Band
~ Aerial Ace
~ Hidden Power Fighting
~ Fire Blast
~ Sleep Talk / filler

It's actually quite sexy because it switches into Smeargle, KOs with Sleep Talk. It switches into Breloom and has 66% chance of OHKOing the devil shroom (and a good chance of making it lose its focus; breloom tends to Focus Punch after the spore). Not great for absorbing Milotic Hypnosis, but being able to absorb Spore and Sleep Powder from any grass type and Smeargle is kind of sexy. The usual generic fillers like Toxic, Double-Edge and Steel Wing are also options.

Psychic sucks on Mewtwo in Ubers. You will always get more out of BoltBeam on everything except Blissey, who absorbs the Psychic.

Why aren't Blissey, Snorlax and Regice listed in Raikou's counters? Seeing how they annihilate Raikou and Blissey basically is the reason why Raikou isn't as dominating as he could be...

David Um
07-01-2006, 05:23 PM
choice band moltres doens't sound too good to me.