PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Roleplaying League

paperfairy
07-20-2006, 07:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/Paperfairy/Untitled-4.png

I've been thinking of starting one up, a league very similar to Netbattling, except through Role-playing. When you sign up, you choose six Pokémon and get an ID. You go around battling other trainers simply to improve your skills, or to have fun. There will be some kind of Gym system implemented, with the moderators of the League being the Leaders. The system has some bugs to work out, but I'm just wondering if there is ANY intrest at all.

The battling itself will be purely Roleplaying, held on the forum. Anyone can join, no limits on that. Casual battles won't have refs unless requested by both battlers, but any offical battles will have refs. Refs are simply around to prevent godmodding and such.

Ask questions or whatever.

Deathspector
07-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Interesting idea, seeing as it is an alternative for those who don't have Netbattle, although it is a simple matter of downloading, but I'll talk about that later. For myself, I like it. 'Nuff said. But I am interested as to whether or not the battles will be like the URPG Forum battles, or will our winning count on our RPing skills as well?

DS

Snow Fairy Sugar
07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Interesting idea, seeing as it is an alternative for those who don't have Netbattle, although it is a simple matter of downloading, but I'll talk about that later. For myself, I like it. 'Nuff said. But I am interested as to whether or not the battles will be like the URPG Forum battles, or will our winning count on our RPing skills as well?

DS

Yeah,members who can't or don't download netbattle can try this

paperfairy
07-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Winning battles relies purely on how the two trainers Roleplay. I've gotten some people telling me that this is too much the the URPG - The URPG makes you start with small Pokémon, and work your way up. This league allows you to choose the Pokémon of your choice, (no legendaries of course) without the tedious write story,get points, buy Pokémon cycle.

Pika57
07-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Sounds Cool.(Picks Kyogre, Groudon, Latias(with soul dew), Latios(with soul dew), Mewtwo(twisted Spoon) and Raquazza)

Obviously JK.

But yeah,I'd probably try it out, if it came to be.

Channel Delibird
07-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Gratutious post after PF gave me the link...

Anyway, this definitely is a sound idea. I'd certainly be up for this when I'm around, as it doesn't have to be a huge commitment and seems like a good way to just get down and roleplay quickly when you feel like it.

gun6
07-20-2006, 03:54 PM
This would be pretty fun. I'd be able to improve my RP'ing skills. :3

Seawolf
07-21-2006, 06:29 AM
So, it's basically NetBattle with RolePlaying elements? That sounds awesome. <3

Lotad
07-21-2006, 06:35 AM
This is helpful for those who can't have netbattle. It allows them to get involved in a NetBattle based system without NetBattle. I am in agreeance with this. I need to get better at RPing as well.

Ace
07-21-2006, 06:57 AM
RPing is basically cooperative fan-fiction, so its just a matter of being creative and knowing your limits!

And yes, I do think this would be a great idea!

PokéJungle
07-21-2006, 07:04 AM
What's the difference between this and the URPG?

Ace
07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
What's the difference between this and the URPG?

URPG isn't quite an RPG of sorts. I mean, it lacks the RPG element of lengthy posts. Its just post/chat IM an attack, a ref calculates, they do that until one guy dies. URPG is another good alternative for Netbattle, but I believe Paperfairy is aiming for a 100% RPG here, where creativity overcomes strategy in a way. I guess. :tongue:

PokéJungle
07-21-2006, 08:13 AM
URPG isn't quite an RPG of sorts. I mean, it lacks the RPG element of lengthy posts. Its just post/chat IM an attack, a ref calculates, they do that until one guy dies. URPG is another good alternative for Netbattle, but I believe Paperfairy is aiming for a 100% RPG here, where creativity overcomes strategy in a way. I guess. :tongue:
Ah, then I understand.

The PRL sounds good then.

paperfairy
07-22-2006, 07:46 AM
I'll have the first version of the FAQ and the Rules posted by Wednesday.

Lotad
07-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Yay! Something to look forward to!

I've gotta stop being happy.

InvertrevnI
07-23-2006, 05:17 PM
This sounds just like a Pokemon RPG. =P

Yes, and when you make this, you'll claim that anybody who makes a Pokemon RPG copied you.

I'm against this.

Pika57
07-23-2006, 05:24 PM
This sounds just like a Pokemon RPG. =P

Yes, and when you make this, you'll claim that anybody who makes a Pokemon RPG copied you.

I'm against this.

Let me guess, your post is directly related to some posts I've made elsewhere.

I doubt this is gonig to be too much lieka standard RPG. Its going to be more description and less attacks.

Finch
07-23-2006, 05:27 PM
What about the long-forgotten Anime battle style? That sounds a lot like this.

InvertrevnI
07-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Let me guess, your post is directly related to some posts I've made elsewhere.

I doubt this is gonig to be too much lieka standard RPG. Its going to be more description and less attacks.
Yes, they are. You'd compared an ASB site to the URPG.

Pika57
07-23-2006, 05:30 PM
What about the long-forgotten Anime battle style? That sounds a lot like this.

True... I've always wanted to try that...

I vote we just ask Jack if we can use the anime battling style seperately form the URPG. See if he will let us annex it.