komiko
07-23-2006, 10:46 PM
I do believe a good, if not the best, moveset for a sceptile would be
@leftovers
leech seed
earthquake
leaf blade
substitute

To obtain leech seed for a sceptile you would have to breed it. this is where my problem lies, i have have a male sceptile and i'm to far to want to start over to get a female one... i also have no one to trade with to get a female... so i need an alternate moveset for sceptile...

instead of leech seed should i use another draining move?

Alienshroom
07-23-2006, 10:49 PM
giga drain i pick but that dont last every turn and it only has 5 pp

komiko
07-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah with only 5 pp i wonder if it would be worth while... what if i used a ppmax on it? would that help it at all? at least if i attach leftovers that will restore some hp every turn

Pika57
07-23-2006, 10:55 PM
@leftovers
leech seed
earthquake
leaf blade
substitute

To obtain leech seed for a sceptile you would have to breed it. this is where my problem lies, i have have a male sceptile and i'm to far to want to start over to get a female one... i also have no one to trade with to get a female... so i need an alternate moveset for sceptile...

Instead of EQ, use a HP or Dragon Claw. But without Leech Seed... not much can really replace it. Of course, if oyu want to try for a female by breeding with ditto a lot, and then breeding the female with whatever has leech seed, it should work out.

komiko
07-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Tusche' (spelling?) Pika57... i didn't even think that far...i'll definetly give it a shot...thanks

risrilla
07-25-2006, 03:07 AM
I started out with a Sceptile too. Here's what mine knows:

LV-95
@Amulet Coin
Leaf Blade
Solarbeam
Giga Drain
Hyperbeam

With those moves, my Sceptile kicks bUtT!:biggrin: (But for some reason, I don't really feel good about the two beams cause they both need to charge)

But your Sceptile is better. :wink3:

celebi
07-25-2006, 05:38 AM

LV-95
@Amulet Coin
Leaf Blade
Solarbeam
Giga Drain
Hyperbeam

With those moves, my Sceptile kicks bUtT!:biggrin: (But for some reason, I don't really feel good about the two beams cause they both need to charge)

This sceptile just sucks.2 out of 10.

PKMNMasterDrake
07-25-2006, 02:31 PM
I never use hyper beam with my pokemon because of its charge effect. But I always use Solarbeam because it is always sunny on my team. I'd replace hyperbeam with earthquake. And Komiko, if you have fire red or leaf green, breed it with an exeggutor or exegcute, scince they have leach seed in their system.

Silver Dragonair
07-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Id replace earthquake with thunder punch to take care of Sceptiles flying weakness.

celebi
07-26-2006, 10:34 AM
I also like

leech seed
substitute
leaf blade
hp (water)

Finch
07-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Id replace earthquake with thunder punch to take care of Sceptiles flying weakness.
I prefer ice to thunder for dragons.

Ridley
07-26-2006, 12:52 PM
@leftovers
leech seed
earthquake
leaf blade
substitute

Yeah, do what Pika57 said.

LV-95
@Amulet Coin
Leaf Blade
Solarbeam
Giga Drain
Hyperbeam

It might win in-game, but competetively, that thing would get destroyed.

1. Multiple moves of the same type stink on one pokemon. Get rid of Solarbeam and Giga drain.
2. Sceptile has much better sp attack than attack. Ditch Hyper Beam.
3. Scep works best as a Special Sweeper. Get Dragon Claw.
4. Since it's so high of a level for you to want to breed for a whole nother Sceptile, you can't get Leech Seed, Crunch, or HP water. I guess trade it to FR/LG to teach it Substitute.

That's just my suggestions.

Silver Dragonair
07-26-2006, 02:55 PM
I prefer ice to thunder for dragons.

Sceptile cannot learn Ice Punch...But it can learn Hidden Power [Ice]

xXNintendoXx
07-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Sceptile:
~ Leaf Blade
~ Leech Seed
~ Substitute
~ Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice

@ Leftovers
Nature: Timid/Modest
EV's: Max out the EVs in Special Attack & Speed for Sceptile with any remaining in Special Defense.

Espeon Rinage
07-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Sceptile@Leftovers
~ Leech Seed
~ Leaf Blade
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Sub

Use it with a Ludicolo combo, Ludicolo Toxic's it,, then you seed it, and start using sub, good for bye Snorlax.

Fossil Fusion
07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Sceptile@Leftovers
~ Leech Seed
~ Leaf Blade
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Sub

Use it with a Ludicolo combo, Ludicolo Toxic's it,, then you seed it, and start using sub, good for bye Snorlax.

That combo wont work most Lax' have Immunity and plus no Snorlax would be around with Leech Seed on it.

komiko
07-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Some great suggestions thanks to everyone...
i ended up breeding, thanks to pika57, and getting leech seed...

now my question is what should i worry about more: a fire weakness or a flying weakness?

i like the idea of my sceptile haveing thunder punch but it makes it more vonerable against fire types... but if i teach it earthquake it would be the same with flying... but so many pokemon use EQ now a days including another 2 pokemon on my team...

any opinions?

SiberianTiger
07-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Giga drain, Toxic, Fire punch, Thunderpunch/Ice punch

I'm pretty sure on my emerald game I have taught Sceptile Ice punch before I'll see

regirock1123
07-31-2006, 01:35 AM
how do you get fire punch on sceptile?

komiko
07-31-2006, 06:30 AM
if it learns fire punch your gonna have to get it at the battle frontier via getting enough battle points and learning from the move tutor there...