PDA

View Full Version : May's first battle with Drew/Shuu

AshMistyMayfan
05-22-2004, 10:22 PM
My opinion, it just didn't look right. It was far too short, Team Rocket ruined the moment of suspense, and Drew vs May is simply bad, it doesn't even compare to Ash and Gary's rival at all. THey tried to make Drew sound like Gary and all, pompaus stuff and all that, just wasn't there. May was really over emotional in her battle, I thought she was going to start crying and all that! The battle was nothing short of a D grade, May was about as shaky as a rookie QB going out there and doing bad! May is a rookie, I know, but the mistakes were just awful.

Funny moments I loved though were Torchic eats the bluk berries, then tries to run up a hill and falls down! Too bad for a little Pokemon, Torchic couldn't fly. But May has to really be nicer to her Pokemon, that was a bad way to scold Torchic like that! Seeing Giovanni drinking Bluk Berry juice for shinier hair and to promote Team Rocket was the funniest skit ever! THat was unreal and hiliarious.

Rating: 7

Agent Orange
05-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Well at least they didnt really screw up and name Drew Larry. :crackup:

Rating: 6

Tamer Marco
05-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Horrible. I didn't even watch all of the battle. 4/10

Seriously they need to come up with better ideas. -_- Digimon wouldn't have something that lame.

AshMistyMayfan
05-24-2004, 05:38 PM
It was not a good battle unfortunately, only the hijinks saved the show from being a total disaster. Some of the Hoenn eps have certainly not lived up to potential. Glad I didn't post this on Serebii's forum, they'd probably yank it off.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
05-24-2004, 05:40 PM
For once, I have to agree with you guys and consider this the one of the curses of the Hoenn series. Roselia's attacks looked semi-cool, but that's about it.
5/10

VenusaurTrainer
05-25-2004, 11:52 AM
The battle was alright, I wished it would of lasted longer.

5/10

jj984jj
05-27-2004, 07:31 PM
I thought the episode was pretty good, not a bad as some of the dubbed epsiodes I've seen. I can safely say I like the name Shuu better though, then again I like the name Haruka better then May as well. I noticed their spending much less time on their names. Actually, I haven't watched the dub since they made Veronica Taylor the VA for May but I wanted to see what they did to Shuu and ended up watching this episode. *runs from the dub lovers*

I give it a 5/10.