PDA

View Full Version : R/B/Y Monotype Challenge

DITT0
10-01-2006, 12:09 PM
It was on Serebii so I thought I would post it here. If people enjoy this I might put up one for GSC too.

You play through either Red, Blue or Yellow using pokemon of only one type (including Duel types who must share the chosen type)
If your chosen starter is not of the type you picked, you can only use it until you get a pokémon of the type you chose.
No matter how stuck you get you must not use any other types.
You are allowed to use only ONE set of TMs. This means trading between other versions of RBY and also GSC is forbidden.
As with TMs, you cannot trade between games for pokemon. This means obtaining level 5 pokemon via eggs in GSC. Trading for evolution is allowed (Machamp, Alakazam, Golem, Pikachu, Gengar). You may trade between RBY games, so long as you do so, when you reach the place said pokemon would naturally appear (ie, Electabuzz in the Power Plant)
After you pass certain events or feel the need to update, you reply to the topic with details on how your progress is going, the status of your team, how hard it is, etc.
You may have only ONE member of a famly in your team. That means no duplicating a pokemon to fill your spots. No having two Pikachus to fill out your team, or a Nidoking and a Nidorino.
Ghost and Dragon teams are not accepted due to lack of pokemon
The challenge is considered complete upon the reaching, or defeat of Mewtwo.
NO EXPLOITING ANY GLITCH WHAT-SO-EVER

!CeMAn
10-01-2006, 03:49 PM
If your chosen starter is not of the type you picked, you are forbidden to use it in battle until you get a pokémon of the type you chose.
No matter how stuck you get you must not use any other types.
If i do Mono Bug, how am i ever supposed to get one if i can't use my starter in a battle?
Basically, by that rule, there are only 4 different types we can pick from.

DITT0
10-01-2006, 04:00 PM
If i do Mono Bug, how am i ever supposed to get one if i can't use my starter in a battle?
Basically, by that rule, there are only 4 different types we can pick from.

Ooops. Sorry,I meant you can only use it until you get a Pokémon of the type you chose. :tongue:

!CeMAn
10-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Ooops. Sorry,I meant you can only use it until you get a Pokémon of the type you chose. :tongue:
That's what i hoped you meant.
Do i have to get the first Bug Type i encounter, or can i wait until i can get a better one?

DITT0
10-01-2006, 04:15 PM
That's what i hoped you meant.
Do i have to get the first Bug Type i encounter, or can i wait until i can get a better one?

Just wait until you get the one you want. :happy:

!CeMAn
10-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Just wait until you get the one you want. :happy:
So i could go through the game ignoring caterpie, paras and weedle, and just wait until i can get scyther and venonat?

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-01-2006, 04:47 PM
So i could go through the game ignoring caterpie, paras and weedle, and just wait until i can get scyther and venonat?

Then theres no challenge in that. :/

gun6
10-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Hmm that sounds like fun. *Gets hit in the face with nostalgia*

DITT0
10-01-2006, 04:58 PM

Well,not THAT far. If you did that then you would just blast through almost the entire game.