PDA

View Full Version : Help! Overzealous partner and Xray Specs

AshMistyMayfan
10-06-2006, 04:38 PM
My overzealous partner Bayleef (soon to be Meganium) keeps knocking me (Raichu) out with that razor leaf. WHat IQs should I set to prevent that? I know one is nontraitor, but is there another one where it just focuses on firing at the opposition and not attack me?

Is Magma Cavern or Sky Tower the best place to find Xray specs? I went into Cavern 5 times, came out with nothing but useless junk. I need those Xray specs or I'm just lost in dungeons. I got a great Dratini last night, only to have it get knocked out and I wondered at Wyvern like I lost my best friend and had no courage to attack the dragons with attack moves.

It was a bad night for A team in the worse way to lose the best recruit in Dratini.

Isaac Gravity
10-07-2006, 06:08 AM
Is your partner knocking you out due to an enemy influence? Or are you equiping her with Sticks/thorns? All I can say for that is to keep feeding your partner Gummis (Grass makes it go faster in her case) until she learns "Nontraitor" (very useful skill and from all the IQs I have thus far the only one that seems to be the saving grace you need) And make sure she isn't equiped with sticks but with stones instead.

As far as the X-Ray specs go... Perhaps my favorite item in the game. (With No-stick cap a close second) I found mine in Sky Tower but found extras in Southern Cavern and some of the after-game dungeons.

Shady
10-07-2006, 06:19 AM
I bought my X-ray specs at the kecleon shop. Wasn't too expensive either...

AshMistyMayfan
10-07-2006, 06:52 AM
I bought my X-ray specs at the kecleon shop. Wasn't too expensive either...

Well the Kecleons sold them only like 5 times in the game, I bought 3. THey don't seem to sell them anymore, just useless junk (well I consider the over and over like seeds, apples, Max Elixir junk if it appears constantly.) Then they have the Insomniascope. I go there after each mission, and it seems their stock random selection doesn't even change to the impressive stuff unless I got to open the game further by going to the Northwest and Buried Relic. I Haven't taken a crack at the Southern Cavern yet that opened up, maybe I'll try my luck there since Magma Cavern and Sky TOwer have merited me nothing of importance. Good TMs, not bad gummis to stock, but I go for important stuff, not to come back to the hideout with guppy food, sheesh.:dazed: Man, it's like you need to stock up 10 extra of the very important stuff or you're lost in the game! The problem is when I have extras is I wind up going into one of the legendary cave and something like my partner KOing me or I get KOed in another way and I lost the item and have to march back into Magma/Sky to look for it and come back to the hideout in a bad mood that I didn't even come close to getting the Xray specs.

Least I finally got 2 Dratini and a Totodile to salvage my day, and I bought Escape orb to the dragon's lair. I also pulled off 2 Kecelon stick up jobs with Trawl orb, ha ha!:biggrin: Least I now know legendaries first and recruit later, though I still hate losing the XRay specs.:oops:

Isaac Gravity
10-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Well the Kecleons sold them only like 5 times in the game, I bought 3. THey don't seem to sell them anymore, just useless junk (well I consider the over and over like seeds, apples, Max Elixir junk if it appears constantly.) Then they have the Insomniascope. I go there after each mission, and it seems their stock random selection doesn't even change to the impressive stuff unless I got to open the game further by going to the Northwest and Buried Relic. I Haven't taken a crack at the Southern Cavern yet that opened up, maybe I'll try my luck there since Magma Cavern and Sky TOwer have merited me nothing of importance. Good TMs, not bad gummis to stock, but I go for important stuff, not to come back to the hideout with guppy food, sheesh.:dazed: Man, it's like you need to stock up 10 extra of the very important stuff or you're lost in the game! The problem is when I have extras is I wind up going into one of the legendary cave and something like my partner KOing me or I get KOed in another way and I lost the item and have to march back into Magma/Sky to look for it and come back to the hideout in a bad mood that I didn't even come close to getting the Xray specs.

I never consider stuff like Elixers, sticks, stones, gummis in general (as the favorable just gives a faster IQ boost the others go at a smaller ratio is all), apples and Reviver Seeds Junk. If anything, you can never have too many of them. I really don't think you need 10 of EVERY item (too frustrating dur to the randomization) nor do I ever browse a dungeon to purposely look for stuff...

...Ok, that one time! But its wrong for my partner to have a higher IQ than my main character. Anyways... Alot of items aren't that great anyway, I just keepsake one item I never saw before and sell whatever I don't want/feel like keeping.

Finally, if it's Grass Gummis your partner needs its gonna be tough, (my main charcater is a grass type so I know how hard Grass Gummis are to come by) but purposely go to Uproar forest, equip your X-ray specs loot the goods and stalk the "red blip" that swiped an item you want.

EDIT: As far as your KOing goes, if its just an enemy or your partner simply leave an SOS to save ur gear. If its a Boss... well...