PDA

View Full Version : Tides of Darkness RP Chat

Pages : [1] 2

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Rather than resorting to a lot of OOC chats in the RP itself, feel free to discuss anything about the RP here.

As for me, I'll also be writing up a Cliffs Notes for this RP so people can stay on track just like last time. Of course... stuff needs to happen first before I can do that. :P

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Rather than resorting to a lot of OOC chats in the RP itself, feel free to discuss anything about the RP here.

As for me, I'll also be writing up a Cliffs Notes for this RP so people can stay on track just like last time. Of course... stuff needs to happen first before I can do that. :P

I need to be sure to be the first one to post...

I've already got my first six posts written out, now I just need to wait for more people to post.

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 02:34 PM
I need to be sure to be the first one to post...

I've already got my first six posts written out, now I just need to wait for more people to post.

Lmao, wow. You've definitely been preparing.

Sorry to say, but mm beat you to it. But I'll be posting too soon enough.

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm going to go for the Blazer lance thingie. Its in the center of a volcano so its going to take a little work to get out :ermm:

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Lmao, wow. You've definitely been preparing.
I was bored last night...

Sorry to say, but mm beat you to it. But I'll be posting too soon enough.
I was talking about the Cliff Notes thread...

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 03:34 PM
do you think that ifI put another good six paragraphs into getting to the lanceI could get it?

Wario
10-07-2006, 03:36 PM
no sent, I don't think so. I'd say another good 10(at the least) posts would get it for you.

Don't make fun of my rping, at least I'm trying.

Lord Celebi
do you think that ifI put another good six paragraphs into getting to the lanceI could get it?

ROTFLMAO! Six paragraphs is nothing in the grand scheme of things... Make several more long detailed posts... 6-10 I'd suggest. If you keep making stubby posts like you're doing right now, then I'd suggest 20 Posts...

Thrall

6 paragraphs for a relic you ask? No. Its gonna take along time to get a relic. Look at rusts post. He has like 10 paragraphs and isn't nearly close to the relic his wants. Or so I think X_X....

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 03:37 PM
well ok if I must. I guess we could have some climatic battle with moltres to determine my worthiness. then maybe a few posts for trying to actually retrieve the thing. I'll think of something.

Thrall
10-07-2006, 03:39 PM
ROTFLMAO! Six paragraphs is nothing in the grand scheme of things... Make several more long detailed posts... 6-10 I'd suggest. If you keep making stubby posts like you're doing right now, then I'd suggest 20 Posts...

Damn, you beat me to it. I have a question. Does the specific relic have to be in the specific place.

Example: The Thunder Katana is Zapdoses relic. Does it have to be in Kanto?

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 03:40 PM
6 paragraphs for a relic you ask? No. Its gonna take along time to get a relic. Look at rusts post. He has like 10 paragraphs and isn't nearly close to the relic his wants. Or so I think X_X....

I think I'm like halfway there, maybe three quarters...

Dog of Hellsing
10-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Shwa, I've finally posted in teh RP ^^. *Dances.* We're gonna get da katana, and once that's done I'm gonna try to go for something else, maybe Mew or Rayquaza's thingie. I dunno yet lol.

Thoughts: This RP shall be as great as the War RP, I can feels it! XD

Lotad
10-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I can't start posting yet. since I have to ask one thing to Scott before I can post... :/ And by then, Aqua will have all of the relics... >:|

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I can't start posting yet. since I have to ask one thing to Scott before I can post... :/ And by then, Aqua will have all of the relics... >:|

Not true. Plus, like in the War RP, there will be many battles that may have nothing to do with the relics.

And Ty_T, sorry about that and missing your post, I got a little carried away. XP

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 05:17 PM
If I add two more phases to the "Test" about the same legth as the first test(moltres arc) Would that be enough to get the lance?

Wario
10-07-2006, 05:24 PM
if they have about 10 posts each. I've posted a lot, and I'm still not even in shinou.

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 05:25 PM
If I add two more phases to the "Test" about the same legth as the first test(moltres arc) Would that be enough to get the lance?

For future reference, make your posts more detailed and longer. Instead of five sentences, shoot for 20 or more. Also, with future relics, investigate it first. rust gave a reasoning as to how he managed to track down the person who had the Thunder Sky Katana, but you just started where you needed to be. It can't be like that.

Make some more nicely detailed posts and I think it will be okay, but remember, next time, you need to have a reasoning as to how you managed to find the location. Don't forget!

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 05:28 PM
ok i'll remember next time. but my reasoning even though i forgot to post it was that in the legend of the artifacts it spoke of "A volcano a the center of a glass desert" sent figured that since it was siad to be in kanto its must be in *so and so position on map* and once he went to investigate he saw it. (a glass desert is kinda hard to miss)

Wario
10-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Neo, would you say I'm doing okay for my first roleplay in over a year?

Kenny_C.002
10-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Experimenting with another style again. I think this style probably is a little less problematic for people to understand than in the war RP, simply because I also don't have a messed up character either. XD

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Ok neo is that enough? I can add another test if it isn't enough.

Wario
10-07-2006, 06:13 PM
I think it would be okay to take it, but then moltres attacks you, and you must fight moltres to get the relic.

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I already killed moltres.....

Wario
10-07-2006, 06:15 PM
moltres wouldn't "die" because of magma or fire.

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 06:17 PM
did you read about the part about it losing its purity? by aiding humans in their detruction, it lost the loyalty of nature. though it was born from the volcano, it no-longer has the allegiance of the forces of fire.

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 06:44 PM
You can't kill legendaries, at least not in this RP. Otherwise you can simply grab the relic and never have to worry about opposition.

As for lenght, it's good enough for me, but you can't kill Moltres. Most you can do is fend it off so it retreats or you run away.

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Well I really didn't kill it, the lance let it die, because it deemed its creator unpure. I have a feeling though that at some later date our fried chicken may rise from the dead :tongue: Plus if my charri thinks its dead it will be more of a shock when it attacks.

Wario
10-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Neo, in about 5-10 posts I should be ready to take the spear, if you think the leangth is long enough.

Dr Scott
10-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Damn, two relic's gone before I even wake up ... that's not even right.

I think that something has to be done, in my opinion. I mean, it'll be a dogpile for the relic's as it is, with everyone posting just enough to get them. Maybe a max number of relic's per team would work, that way the people who don't want to go all in for the relic's can take their time and make their posts. As is, everyone feels like they HAVE to go for the relic's before it's all gone.

CHAOS! Madness! NooooooooooOOOOoooo~~~

Wario
10-07-2006, 07:07 PM
actually, obtaining the relics is only a part of the story. There's still going to be battles and stuff. Plus, with the shinou legends, there's more than enough relics to go around!

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Damn, two relic's gone before I even wake up ... that's not even right.

I think that something has to be done, in my opinion. I mean, it'll be a dogpile for the relic's as it is, with everyone posting just enough to get them. Maybe a max number of relic's per team would work, that way the people who don't want to go all in for the relic's can take their time and make their posts. As is, everyone feels like they HAVE to go for the relic's before it's all gone.

CHAOS! Madness! NooooooooooOOOOoooo~~~

Yeah, I can agree with that. I'm just hoping everyone doesn't go on a gobbling spree for every relic and does help to push the actual storyline along.

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 07:10 PM
how about this. we won't take the spear of mind until delta gets their first one. that way it will be even. how about each team can only get one or two relics a week.

Neo are we allowed to destroy the relic when we are in confrontation with the legend? becuase I might just grenade my lance once moltres comes a callin once or twice.

Wario
10-07-2006, 07:16 PM
actually, I'm moving along the storyline alot. Though the spear should be in my possesion by the end of today, each player should only be able to take one relic TOTAL. Tha makes it so even the slower posters have a chance.

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 07:17 PM
how about this. we won't take the spear of mind until delta gets their first one. that way it will be even. how about each team can only get one or two relics a week.

Neo are we allowed to destroy the relic when we are in confrontation with the legend? becuase I might just grenade my lance once moltres comes a callin once or twice.

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense to be able to only get so many relics at a time.

And you can destroy the relic at any time.

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 07:19 PM
yeah it would work because then even the most active teams wouldn't be able to take all the relics.

Wario
10-07-2006, 07:23 PM
how about max. 2 per week?

Dr Scott
10-07-2006, 07:24 PM
I fully agree with Sent. A two relic a week idea would be very nice, though might cause some inner turmoil ...

It would also mean that some of the members would or could 'Team Up' to go get a relic together.

And hopefully mean more talking in the teams as to who get's what and who wants what.

I love the idea.

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 07:27 PM
yay people are listening to me. two a week sounds good, so i'm guessing our two for this week are the Flame Blazer Lance and the Spear of Mind?

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 08:15 PM
It is extremely stupid limiting relics. People actually work hard to get them, and if someone wants to put lots of sweat and blood into getting multiple relics a week, then they should...

BTW, remember, the Spear is in Three Parts, meaning you need to put Three Times as much effort into obtaining it (Think, all of mine, Neo's, TT's, and ER's Posts to get the Thunder Katana times three). That's why I gave it such a great power. Also remember, all three parts of the spear aren't in the same place. The Shinou Legendary Trio just isn't going to hand you Godlike powers on a silver platter...

Wario
10-07-2006, 08:18 PM
yeah I know. Notice how I only saw 1 of the trio flying towards that lake. There is 1 piece of the relic at each lake, each one guarded by a different pokemon out of that trio.

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 08:23 PM
well gonzap we have to find a way out of the little cave thing. Good luck.

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 08:25 PM
yeah I know. Notice how I only saw 1 of the trio flying towards that lake. There is 1 piece of the relic at each lake, each one guarded by a different pokemon out of that trio.

Yeah, but still... It took me quite a while to write all those posts for just one relic. With both of your stubby posts, I don't think those 5-minute jobs are going to be enough to obtain 00ber godly powers.

Agree, Neo?

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 08:28 PM
well theres still the small matter of escaping the the cave. and we can proably turn the last cave into some carzily insane soomsday ruined city.

Lotad
10-07-2006, 08:28 PM
It is extremely stupid limiting relics. People actually work hard to get them, and if someone wants to put lots of sweat and blood into getting multiple relics a week, then they should...

But still, it makes it fair... that way, a team that is falling behind, or is having a hard time trying to post enough for one, can still have a chance at it, instead of three people getting ahead of him/her and stealling it... :/ And I was thinking of something slightly different, though similar, to this so at least the RP can gain momentum...

Wario
10-07-2006, 08:31 PM
rust I wouldn't be making fun...I saw how you posted in your first WAR.

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 08:33 PM
But still, it makes it fair... that way, a team that is falling behind, or is having a hard time trying to post enough for one, can still have a chance at it, instead of three people getting ahead of him/her and stealling it... :/ And I was thinking of something slightly different, though similar, to this so at least the RP can gain momentum...
Not everything is fair in a RP. Winners and losers are determined by the quality of posts. Outposting people is not really the issue, as people with stubby posts think its unfair for people with good RPing skills who have beautiful posts to get power IS the issue. I've worked my ass off to gain these mad l33tz0rz RPing skills, and its ESPECIALLY not fair to me if me and people with stubby posts can only obtain two relics a week, and I put in 75% more effort than they do. That's why the only limit to obtaining Relics should be how well you can RP...

Dr Scott
10-07-2006, 08:36 PM
The fact of limiting them is just as much due to the fact that I really don't want the whole thing to be a mad scramble for relics. Look, I know you're all fine and happy about getting one already and being all good and now a great rper or whatever, how long did it take you to get ONE relic? Now. If we went by this, all of the relic's would be gone within one week.

Not only that, it's not fair to not let some people have relics, just because they're a bit more busy, or they are just getting a hand of this rp thing.

If we went by your rule, by the end of the day I think I could have 3 relic's, if I wanted to.

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 08:43 PM
The fact of limiting them is just as much due to the fact that I really don't want the whole thing to be a mad scramble for relics. Look, I know you're all fine and happy about getting one already and being all good and now a great rper or whatever, how long did it take you to get ONE relic? Now. If we went by this, all of the relic's would be gone within one week.

Not only that, it's not fair to not let some people have relics, just because they're a bit more busy, or they are just getting a hand of this rp thing.

If we went by your rule, by the end of the day I think I could have 3 relic's, if I wanted to.
As long as they can RP well for the Relics, there is no problem with a Mad Scramble. What I'm bringing up is the fact that people like Gonzap and Sent are mainly complaining about the fact that its not fair thet we're better than them, therefore, we can obtain more Relics easier.

It is not fair to me, who has spent 4-5 years developing my writing and role playing skills, to have to have what I can do restricted in the RP, because people who need to make a large quantity of posts to obtain a relic find it unfair, but they can obtain a relic with 25% of the effort I put in...

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 08:45 PM
did I once say it wasn't fair you were better than me? I was talking about how delta green doesn't even has one and the other teams do. now when all the relics are picked over my aqua and rocket (we are the teams actively pursuing relics) then whats Dleta going to do when it comes to full scale war?

Barret
10-07-2006, 08:47 PM
I donít really like the thing about each Ďteamí only being able to get so many relics. Iím on Aqua, they just got a relic. So what? Them getting a relic really has nothing to do with me. But because I am on their team, I can't get a relic now? That's unfair. It should be individual people, not teams.

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
didn't you just say you weren't going to get it right away? its a 2-per-week limit per team, and it will drag out the storyline more.

Wario
10-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Listen, I do agree you are much more experienced than me at roleplaying, and I am working on getting better. We're not complaing about that, but about poor delta green, who barely has 5 posts in the rp as of yet!

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 08:56 PM
did I once say it wasn't fair you were better than me? I was talking about how delta green doesn't even has one and the other teams do. now when all the relics are picked over my aqua and rocket (we are the teams actively pursuing relics) then whats Dleta going to do when it comes to full scale war?
Lol, if we waited for La Res and Nox to obtain a Crystal before letting people get a second crystal in the WAR RP, 5 crystal would still be missing.

It is not my fault that Delta doesn't feel like participating. If they want Relics, they HAVE TO WORK FOR THEM. They can't just sit around, and keep other people from obtaining relics...

Delta Green is shaping up to be the new Nox/La Res/DARK of ToD... They're not looking very active, and policy shouldn't be created just because they don't care...

Wario
10-07-2006, 08:57 PM
I guess your right. And I'm working on making my posts less stubby. And I see your going for the boots of death. Using the red plate, I made it so our teams will ahve to meet in combat if you want to get the boots.

Barret
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
didn't you just say you weren't going to get it right away? its a 2-per-week limit per team, and it will drag out the storyline more.

I did say that. But maybe someone else on Aqua wants to get one. It doesn't matter who. :/

Wario
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm really surprised at how many posts are already in the thread...

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I guess your right. And I'm working on making my posts less stubby. And I see your going for the boots of death. Using the red plate, I made it so our teams will ahve to meet in combat if you want to get the boots.

Okay... WHY IN HELL would Moltres have a red plate? Besides, that's not going to help much, because its a Relic you're tracking down, not the legendary. Plus, all I need to do is touch them, and I've won, because all I want to do is destroy them :P

Wario
10-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Your right, I guess some guy just dropped his red plate in a cave and forgot to pick it up:P And if you want the legend, you might as well get the plates as well.

Barret
10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
rust, I have a few questions about the Deathwing.

- Does it have smaller aircrafts on it? I don't have a flying pokemon, so I'm stuck on it until we get to where I need to go. :P

- Does it have a library on it?

- What other facilities does it have on it?

That's it. :)

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 09:09 PM
rust, I have a few questions about the Deathwing.

- Does it have smaller aircrafts on it? I don't have a flying pokemon, so I'm stuck on it until we get to where I need to go. :P

- Does it have a library on it?

- What other facilities does it have on it?

That's it. :)

-Yes, it does have smaller planes on it.

-No Library.

-A Cafeteria and a gym :P

Barret
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
-Yes, it does have smaller planes on it.

-No Library.

-A Cafeteria and a gym :P

Alright, thanks. So it's fine if I take one of the other planes?

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Alright, thanks. So it's fine if I take one of the other planes?

Yeah, anyone on Aqua can take the planes...

Lotad
10-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Hmm... just to say something. rust, it's not that Delta Green doesn't feel like RPing, but most of our people have to do other things, and can't donate a set block of time to Pe2K. And really, it does seem fair if there is a limit, since it would at least mellow out those of us that can constantly post, and allow the others some time to actually post.

And yes, I don't have a problem with the fact that it took you a long time to perfect RPing, but taking advantage of it and posting alot, trying to get as many relics as you can and possibly ruining what other people had already started RPing for (ex: like saying the Guardian Chestplate is somewhere in Shin'o, when I have already started edging toward the fact that Lugia (and the Guardian Chestplate is in Johto). Also, you need to learn to become patient. People may not put up thirty RP Posts in three hours like you, but that doesn't mean you should take advantage of that and saying that they don't want to RP.

Dr Scott
10-07-2006, 09:44 PM
My GOSH man, isn't it a little soon to chock us all up as being slow? Just becasue we don't turn up as soon as it is started and chock up a few medium sized posts to get a item doesn't mean we don't care ...

Thrall
10-07-2006, 09:55 PM
My GOSH man, isn't it a little soon to chock us all up as being slow? Just becasue we don't turn up as soon as it is started and chock up a few medium sized posts to get a item doesn't mean we don't care ...

Well I made the first post and I'm in Delta Green so :tongue: to Aqua :D.

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Hmm... just to say something. rust, it's not that Delta Green doesn't feel like RPing, but most of our people have to do other things, and can't donate a set block of time to Pe2K. And really, it does seem fair if there is a limit, since it would at least mellow out those of us that can constantly post, and allow the others some time to actually post.

And yes, I don't have a problem with the fact that it took you a long time to perfect RPing, but taking advantage of it and posting alot, trying to get as many relics as you can and possibly ruining what other people had already started RPing for (ex: like saying the Guardian Chestplate is somewhere in Shin'o, when I have already started edging toward the fact that Lugia (and the Guardian Chestplate is in Johto). Also, you need to learn to become patient. People may not put up thirty RP Posts in three hours like you, but that doesn't mean you should take advantage of that and saying that they don't want to RP.

Okay, my words were a bit out of line. If Delta REALLY wanted Relics though, wouldn't they just post Intro posts, giving detail into a certain Relic they want?

BTW, if you've hinted at the location of a Relic, I wouldn't move the Relic to Shinou...

Dr Scott
10-07-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm already working my way to a Relic, don't you worry.

And if we're not going to do the 2 a week thing I'm going to move on to another one after that, so it'd be good to know if that's going to stick Neo :cool:

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm already working my way to a Relic, don't you worry.

And if we're not going to do the 2 a week thing I'm going to move on to another one after that, so it'd be good to know if that's going to stick Neo :cool:

I know, I know. I've prepared for that though. What I'm planning takes time anyway...

Dr Scott
10-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Does that mean we CAN or CAN'T go for another one? *Confused*

Barret
10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I just realized I've been using computers in my posts. I'll go change that.

EDIT: I changed my most recent post. I'll leave the rest, but I won't use any anymore. :P

Wario
10-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Aquas whooping our ass! I think we're going to have to retreat!

Charizard Michelle
10-07-2006, 11:01 PM
If this question has already been asked but still can somebody answer this?

When does RP judging start? just want to know.

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 11:18 PM

I believe Neo said around Christmas time...

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 11:34 PM

It will start when the campaign gets started, which might not be for a while. I still need to draw up the grid, and then make up the store and try and balace things (keeping it so ships aren't too easy to get, but aren't too hard either).

SiberianTiger
10-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Aquas whooping our ass! I think we're going to have to retreat!

Did you expect anything less?

I'll probably post most of my stuff during weekdays but for now I'll post as much stuff as I have planned out.

Tell me how my post are going!

Edit: g2 get off so thats probably all for today more tomorrow or Monday.

~Isaiah

Kenny_C.002
10-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Neo, cliff notes. I have less and less time to read the RP. :(

Sent Reglay
10-08-2006, 01:43 AM
yeah we really need cliff notes. I had to read 4 pages of posts and I was gone for 2 hours.

Wario
10-08-2006, 11:06 AM
But they only say stuff about team aqua :P

TDD91
10-08-2006, 12:32 PM
As im very lazy, can anyone give me a quick overview of who has what and who's going for what?

Cheers

Wario
10-08-2006, 12:37 PM
fire lance is taken by Sent Reglay, thunder katana is taken by Rust, Boots of death was destroyed by rust, dragon body is being pursued, I am after the ring of power.

Neo Emolga
10-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Neo, cliff notes. I have less and less time to read the RP. :(

I didn't think it would be this bad. It's only been like 24 hours...

I'll see what I can do, but by the time I finish updating them, there might be like four more pages of RP posts... XP

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 02:57 PM
xDD And you wonder why I didn't want to read 10 pages. 5 more would happen in the time it would take me to read the first 10.

Neo Emolga
10-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Problem is the slow times at work gave me plenty of time to update Cliff Notes. However, things at work have gotten a lot busier. I've been getting a lot more dropped on my lap.

We'll see though, as always, I need to skip character intros. That alone would clean out a lot and just leave some things to note and put down.

Dog of Hellsing
10-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Oo In one day you guys have 11 freaking pages lol. I'm going to have to do some major catching up ;_;...

BTW, I work 2nd shift Mon-Fri 4 pm - 12:30 am now, so...yeah, my posting rate will probably decrease. This means Neo and rust and anyone else who might need to has permanent permission to bunny meh char.

Dr Scott
10-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Well ouch Gonzap, someone is forgetting that Mew's bow was destroyed by yours truely ...

Also, Gonzap, I know it's not your fault for not seeing this somewhere but Johto is kinda run by Team Delta Green, because we all picked that after you and Aqua both went for Shinuo. I was just reading your post and ... yeah, keep in mind that Delta Green is kinda in charge of Johto at the moment, I think ...

Poltergeist
10-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Well this RP is really turning into a mad house. On the weekdays however when school starts hopefully there wont be as many posts meaning I wont have to skim through 7 pages. All these artifactss already gone in a couple days though sheesh.

Neo Emolga
10-08-2006, 09:31 PM
I think I made a mistake. I should have forseen this... >.<

33 people on three teams... all posting in one RP. Now that I think about it, I'm honestly not surprised this RP has been a total mad house. However, with most PE2K activities, our problem was not having enough people taking part. This... ha ha, is something totally on the other end.

However... trying to fix this over activity problem... is something that totally escapes me. The thought of dividing it into three RPs that both get the same amount of distributed judging was one idea, but then... it would confuse the hell out of people with storylines.

Seriously, I'm open for suggestions, but considering the conditions, this hyper-drive won't be changing, and would probably get more intense when judging begins... XP

Wario
10-08-2006, 09:51 PM
scott, we never went for shinou..we just payed it a quick visit.

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 10:03 PM
The only other thing I can think of is limiting the number of posts in the role play we can make in one day. That way some people aren't make 15-20 posts when others are making 3-6. That way we some people won't have a dozen pages to read if they're gone for a day or two.

Neo Emolga
10-08-2006, 10:13 PM
The only other thing I can think of is limiting the number of posts in the role play we can make in one day. That way some people aren't make 15-20 posts when others are making 3-6. That way we some people won't have a dozen pages to read if they're gone for a day or two.

Still though. 33 people X Even just 5 posts = 165 new posts per day. Even just 3 posts each would be 99 posts. I know not everyone will be posting, but still. While that number may be dropping, the number of people entering ToD will still be increasing.

Wario
10-08-2006, 10:15 PM
finch made a proposal that only 1 relic should be taken per week...while I got my relic. I don't know whether to leave i or just delete the post.

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Then can't we just limit the number of people that can join?

Finch
10-08-2006, 10:16 PM
All applications should therefore be cut off starting now.

1 post per day is ample for an RP of this magnitude, it just has to be worthwhile. People are posting a load (yeah, a load) of crap and getting bloody sacred relics for it.

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 10:19 PM
All applications should therefore be cut off starting now.

1 post per day is ample for an RP of this magnitude, it just has to be worthwhile. People are posting a load (yeah, a load) of crap and getting bloody sacred relics for it.
AMEN! to that. So far I can only see a few people who would be worth getting relics becuase of there well thought out posts.

Finch
10-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Well, I'm not spamming up the RP thread so this is going here.

OOC: Yeah well I don't think rust getting two in one day was such a good idea :P

I don't think anyone getting any was a good idea, simple as that. You deserve that as much as FOB RAVER does. Anyone remember him? I'm an old fan...

Lotad
10-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Still though. 33 people X Even just 5 posts = 165 new posts per day. Even just 3 posts each would be 99 posts. I know not everyone will be posting, but still. While that number may be dropping, the number of people entering ToD will still be increasing.

Still... just because they enter doesn't mean they are going to RP... look at Rocket. The two most prominent RPers are Gonzap and Sent, and they have two to three other people that are RPing. For Delta, five people RP; Aqua has I think 5 or 6 people, making the number of posts... 16 * 3 is 48 Posts... three posts a day... if this number is accurate... should be plenty

And yes, cutting off Registrations could help...

Wario
10-08-2006, 10:26 PM
I know, half of our team hasn't even been on the forums in weeks! I'm going to talk to neo about our inactivity situation.

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 10:29 PM
If you ask me I seriously think that this should be restarted. It's way to screwed up. People are getting relics WAY to easy. It seems like people are walking out to the backyard and and digging them up.

Lotad
10-08-2006, 10:42 PM
I agree... also, I think rust should have had to work for the knowledge of the relics, and not starting up knowing exactly where they were. rust was supplying himself with items that seem completely unfair and tilt all odds toward him. He should have had to start from scratch, not knowing anything, and earning the knowledge.

And really, the relics are being taken way to quick, and people are gaining unfair knowledge of legends... I kinda used things that each of my Pokemon knew... ^^

Dr Scott
10-08-2006, 10:45 PM
I like to think that I did a good job getting mine =P.

Yes, I know it was rushed, but still, I didn't really see a point in me waiting if people like Rust and Sent were going to get some as easily as such and such, I did it for self preservation :-P.

Cutting down RPing is not necessarily a good thing, because things like battles could be many RP's a day just to keep it interesting, one post a day would just hamper the fun of the RP. And sometimes you need to reply to someone else’s post, and don’t really want to wait the day to do it.

If I could think of anything I'd say yes, restart it with rules such as "You can't get a relic in the first so and so weeks" or a "You have to have a judge approve it for the relic to be captured" and a "You have to take at least 1-2 weeks and 15-20 posts just on the relic to get it." Something like the URPG stories, there are judges.

This, of course, complicates things IMMENSELY. For one thing you will need judges. People who are willing to look past their own team and look at things fairly. Or someone not in it altogether.

Another idea of mine, however stupid you may think it is, would be to split up the RPing into say … 4 different threads. One thread for Shinuo, one thread for Kanto, one for Johto, and one for Heonn. And each of the four threads would be looked over by a moderator, to keep things from getting out of hand, to keep a updated account of what is happening to put in another thread so people know, to watch to see if someone is going for a relic and if he has enough post A LA the judging idea up there. And MAYBE another thread for just relic hunting. Though I’d rather see that in the appropriate Continent-Thread.

Now, I know the multiple threads will make things look much worse, take up space, yadda yadda. I know this idea is to say the least pushing things a bit too far, but still, it’s just an idea so please don’t kill me for it o.O. I’d be willing to be one of the moderator’s to watch over a thread, I have plenty of free time (Boo Hoo), and I’d like to HOPE that given the opportunity I can look past my own nose to fairly judge all teams.

Thank you for not smoking,
Scott

Ewww An Edit : And another thing, is has been mentioned before, but the teams are a bit unfair. Not with quality of posts, but with activity and such. Rocket needs more experienced members, Aqua needs ... ... Ok, so Aqua seems to be fine, as does Delta Green, but perhaps a closer look at the teams might be in order, placements perhaps changed to activity as well as quality ...

Poltergeist
10-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Sorry if this is a noobish question but on the whole how well do you think my posts have been? Sorry I just feel like I am not doing a great enough job since I am hearing about Gonzap and Sent talked about alot, or maybe it is just because of the amount of relics they are grabbing.

Anyway about the new rules I don't really like the idea that you have to have three people trying to get one but only allowing people to get one a week sounds fair. I would have personally liked it to be two.:susp:

Sent Reglay
10-08-2006, 11:08 PM
don't worry poltergeist me and gonzap will help you get your relic :wink: I just made a post that i think will really add to the plot.

Finch
10-08-2006, 11:11 PM
don't worry poltergeist me and gonzap will help you get your relic :wink: I just made a post that i think will really add to the plot.
Naw, not so much...

Remember that you have to compete for the chance to earn a relic, regardless if you have competition for that specific item or not. We won't be a pushover.

Sent Reglay
10-08-2006, 11:14 PM
well the whole point of that post is that theres another option other than destroying or using them. the catch is that only if your really willing to give up the relic will it be able to be given back to the legend. oh and btw the last voice is the spear itself.

Dr Scott
10-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Now if you bothered to read my RP posts Sent you'd know that that was what I did with Mew, when I destroyed it the cute little thing got some of her power back, because it makes sense that she used it to make it.

Kinda like in Warcraft the great dragons giving their power to the one thingy mabober doohickey

Finch
10-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Whatever... how come gone-zapped caught 'gigas in a freakin ball? Yeah... smooth.

*catches everyone*

I win!!!1

Finch'd.

Wario
10-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Sent, interesting post. But I don't know why you would do it.

edit: Will everyone stop calling me that? And Rust did the same thing; the pokemon goes into the ball willingly.

Finch
10-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Sure thing. But rust isn't a good example, he's a LOSER!

lol, I'm kidding, but he's really slacking a bit atm.

Nice touch with the communicator, SF, but I don't think that kind of technology would be available in the given time period.

Sceptile Frost
10-08-2006, 11:44 PM

Nice touch with the communicator, SF, but I don't think that kind of technology would be available in the given time period.

Ah, but the Shinou Mafia controlled the... ah, nevermind.

Yeah, you're probably right.

And yet Sent has all that genetic stuff...

Sent Reglay
10-08-2006, 11:44 PM
nope I don't they made me get rid of all of it.

Sceptile Frost
10-08-2006, 11:48 PM
nope I don't they made me get rid of all of it.

Man... I already had a strategy to beat all of it!

But I edited my post, and now its transmitted via psychic pokemon to that "communicator" or whatever. If that makes any sense...

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 12:00 AM
So gonzap are we going to launch the attack tonight or tommorrow? I'll have to get off the computer in an hour so tommorrow might be better.

Finch
10-09-2006, 12:11 AM
That's creativity at it's most awesome SF, smooth moves. I take it you're joining the Amulet Quest, then? We may have to fight off Shane and her posse...

Caite-chan
10-09-2006, 12:35 AM
That's creativity at it's most awesome SF, smooth moves. I take it you're joining the Amulet Quest, then? We may have to fight off Shane and her posse...
xDDD Yeah you and what army!

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 12:36 AM
apparently, the completely over powering army of conspiracy-ness

Finch
10-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey eff you, you little turd, I'm the one of the few who's trying to play fair while you and the other post-jockeys (including your "conspirators") have been waving around your pointy legend-sticks and capturing gods.

Conspiracy?

I'm just good. Loser.

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 12:50 AM
I wasn't insulting you, I'm just saying that all the experienced Rpers were put on aqua.

Poltergeist
10-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Even I admit our team has taken too many relics already. We now however are putting that to a hualt and wont be grabbing any more for the week.

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 12:53 AM
yeah, I got one the first day, so I am probably done with relics for the rest of the RP. and everyone is saying I don't deserve a Relic, But I made sure to ask Neo before I actually took. you can read it and see for yourselves.

Finch
10-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Whether you meant to or not, you did. There's no conspiracy here. Aqua's Team Leader is actually a very experienced and competent War Vet (Trust me, he is. He truly is.) The only reason it seems like we overpower you is that we're a long-standing team run by someone who knows what they're doing. You're all promising RPers but your disregard for what makes an RP interesting is getting on my nerves, somewhat.

Caite-chan
10-09-2006, 01:20 AM
xDD @ Finch. Tell it like it is. Although were you in the first WAR?

Finch
10-09-2006, 01:23 AM
No, I obviously meant rust. I started warring at the end of season 3, and I've been in 3, 3 2/3, 4 and 5. I think that makes me qualified, too!

Caite-chan
10-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Lol..I could have swarn you've been in it from the start. Then again I could be loseing it.

Finch
10-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Yup, loser!

Haha, we were Puppeteers, remember that?

Caite-chan
10-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Yup, loser!

Haha, we were Puppeteers, remember that?
xDD Yeah...damn that was long ago. I've been on so many teams I can't remember them all.

Finch
10-09-2006, 01:30 AM
That was a good'un, I miss Vexy Wexy.

By the way, Aquas (such as Barret) who want to join the quest can come and bump into our meeting on the Deathwing. That is, once we start the meeting. You'll join the party then.

Dr Scott
10-09-2006, 02:34 AM
*Raises hand sheepishly* I'll admit, I took a relic too early, and I'll apologize for that. But, in my defense, I posted 12 pretty darn long posts, and it took me a good long time. Plus, I only did it becuase everyone else had one, and I wanted to be cool too! (Yes, that's a joke.) But still, Rust was saying things like "It's TDG's fault that they don't have one yet..." and all that good stuff so I had to defend our honor!

Plus. Your "very experienced and competent War Vet" is the worst of your "post-jockeys" who "have been waving around your pointy legend-sticks and capturing gods."

Neo Emolga
10-09-2006, 02:40 AM
*Raises hand sheepishly* I'll admit, I took a relic too early, and I'll apologize for that. But, in my defense, I posted 12 pretty darn long posts, and it took me a good long time. Plus, I only did it becuase everyone else had one, and I wanted to be cool too! (Yes, that's a joke.) But still, Rust was saying things like "It's TDG's fault that they don't have one yet..." and all that good stuff so I had to defend our honor!

Plus. Your "very experienced and competent War Vet" is the worst of your "post-jockeys" who "have been waving around your pointy legend-sticks and capturing gods."

Look, don't worry about the relic thing, just keep going and just follow the new method of getting the relics like I mentioned in the RP thread. It's a little too late to really do anything about it, but the most we can do is make sure we don't continue letting the same thing happen. But, as always, I appreciate your concern. You've been pretty helpful in getting your thoughts, ideas, and constructive feedback to me and I appreciate it.

And yes, you're quite skilled at RPing. Before, I mostly knew you were an URPG vet but I'm glad to see you're stepping forward and displaying an excellent amount of RP skills.

Dr Scott
10-09-2006, 02:44 AM
*Raises Hand* Question! What are we planning to do about the whole keeping up with the posts thing? I know that a lot of the people have been complaining about not being able to catch up with all that's been happening.

Just wondering if there was anything I can do to help. I have a pathetic amount of free time and I'd be happy to take some of the burden off of your little yellow electric mouse back.

Finch
10-09-2006, 02:47 AM

I know. What's your point?

EDIT: OK I'm finally going to bed but I need to just quickly point out that the two issues are unrelated. Post-jockeying and team organisation are two totally different things.

Dr Scott
10-09-2006, 02:52 AM
*Shrugs* Just wanted to point out that while you were ripping on the young 'ens that you were ripping on Rust too. Honestly though, it isn't really any big deal to me, I just thought the setence looked nice all pasted together, and that perhaps you were going a bit too hard on Rocket.

I agree and accept your point that the two don't have anything to do with each other. Have a good night ^^

Finch
10-09-2006, 02:55 AM
lol ok Scott. I was mainly ripping on rust, anyway, he's a big n00b.

Neo Emolga
10-09-2006, 03:08 AM
*Raises Hand* Question! What are we planning to do about the whole keeping up with the posts thing? I know that a lot of the people have been complaining about not being able to catch up with all that's been happening.

Just wondering if there was anything I can do to help. I have a pathetic amount of free time and I'd be happy to take some of the burden off of your little yellow electric mouse back.

Trust me, I have been thinking about it. When the War RP was going on, the Cliff Notes helped some people get back into it (Or at least Iím hoping so). It was a basic outline of what had already happened, and when I started writing it, already the first ďrushĒ phase of the RP had passed. However, considering the whole ToD competition is all about the RP unlike how the War was set up, there may be no end to this ďrushĒ phase considering everyone needs to RP in order to earn points. Unlike the War, there really isnít an alternative.

While I may have solved the whole thing with the relic frenzy, this is one issueÖ I havenít been able to solve. The whole ďmultiple RPsĒ idea is still sticking with me, and even though it does sound like a bit of a harsh decision to stop the RP here and now and start with something totally different, Iím not sure there are a whole lot of other solutions at this point if we want to lessen down the activity a bit. However, Iím still thinking about it, but its hard when you donít want people to be forced to sit out, and you donít want to put restraints on people, because then it isnít even fun.

So Iím just wondering what everyone is thinking with regards to this. If multiple RPs were to be set up (My thoughts are three, allowing people to take part in 2 out of 3 of them), chances are it would be much easier to follow the storyline in the RP(s) youíre focusing on, and chances are it would be easier to read them and keep on track with whatís happening. Plus, not to mention, but it would give a lot of food for thought for teams on how theyíre going to approach each RP storyline wise. Meanwhile, I wouldnít have a single qualm about someone reusing a character, since I can understand people donít want to make another one all over again.

Just let me know your thoughts, and if you think this is a bad or good idea, let me know. My job is to make sure everyone is enjoying this, and coming up with ways to make sure it is fun and there arenít any problems with it. And right nowÖ this hyperactivity is a problemÖ

Dr Scott
10-09-2006, 03:11 AM
Did you see my idea one or two pages back on this chat? It wasn't anything big, but it was still an idea that might be able to both keep it going as it is / keep everyone in the same RP but yet still split it up so it's more manageable.

Neo Emolga
10-09-2006, 03:22 AM
Did you see my idea one or two pages back on this chat? It wasn't anything big, but it was still an idea that might be able to both keep it going as it is / keep everyone in the same RP but yet still split it up so it's more manageable.

Yeah, I saw it before I headed out, and I totally forgot to address it...

If I could think of anything I'd say yes, restart it with rules such as "You can't get a relic in the first so and so weeks" or a "You have to have a judge approve it for the relic to be captured" and a "You have to take at least 1-2 weeks and 15-20 posts just on the relic to get it." Something like the URPG stories, there are judges.

Another idea of mine was to cut down the number of relics as well, and instead base them off of only having one per region. However, that kills the element of having the legendaries come after you, which was an effect I really didn't want to lose.

Judging a relic might be hard. The good thing about URPG stories (I'm thinking of the model here) is once the capture is made, the story doesn't need to continue. Here... it does. And if the attempt on the relic is failed, well... what should happen then? This is where things get difficult, but I can see where you're getting.

This, of course, complicates things IMMENSELY. For one thing you will need judges. People who are willing to look past their own team and look at things fairly. Or someone not in it altogether.

And this... is what really kills the War. I was honestly hoping to avoid having other judges besides myself, since I'm trying as hard as I can to cut bias down and I thought I had it in the bag with this.

Another idea of mine, however stupid you may think it is, would be to split up the RPing into say Ö 4 different threads. One thread for Shinuo, one thread for Kanto, one for Johto, and one for Heonn. And each of the four threads would be looked over by a moderator, to keep things from getting out of hand, to keep a updated account of what is happening to put in another thread so people know, to watch to see if someone is going for a relic and if he has enough post A LA the judging idea up there. And MAYBE another thread for just relic hunting. Though Iíd rather see that in the appropriate Continent-Thread.

Okay, here's the thing. If one members wants to go to another area, they need to go to a whole new thread. And we're not only talking four regions here, we're talking about eight (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orange Islands, Orre, Sevii Islands, Fiore, and Shinou). That's... too many threads to sticky. Not to mention that if I go from one area to the next, it's going to be confusing to other RPers on my team on where I'm going and what I'm doing. It would be a see-saw of checking who is going where and when.

I don't know, it's hard to think of solutions for this...

Dr Scott
10-09-2006, 03:33 AM
Hmmm, many true points there.

You could split it into 2-3 threads. Say, one as the ToD battlefield (Any attacks / Battles / etc.), regular chatting / plans / RP's, and a thread for "relic hunting".

And if the relic hunting is failed, then you could just post as a random "god" character like in DU's URPGRP (Heh, I love saying that.) Also, it doesn't mean that you judge that they DO get it, judge right BEFORE they get it, so that you have a chance to say that "You were blown back by the legend" or "The relic wasn't destroyed" or yadda yadda whatever whatever.

Instead of judges you could have a "Council" of sorts made up of members of each team that talk and vote on the like.

Also, if you want to talk about any of this without having to post back and forth I'm on AIM most of the time ^^

Kenny_C.002
10-09-2006, 04:45 AM
To DG guys: You know, I really don't have any function other than relay or heal. So mind me just chillin'? XD Oh, if you need a medic team or something, give me a ring. I might not be following the RP as closely, so it would be nice if you pm me about it as a double check to make sure that I respond in time.

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Finally! the RP has slowed down. overnight, there was only 15 more pots, which is a manageable number.

Kenny_C.002
10-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Neo: see my edit on post on the top of the RP page.

Dog of Hellsing
10-09-2006, 05:53 PM
I think we should just start over. I mean really, we haven't gotten that far, and splitting the RP into three threads would make it more manageable. I'm already in two RPs (this one and DT's 2B a Master RP), so I can join one or two more. Mainly I'm more experienced than some of our other RPers, and I'd be able to keep up with four RPs at once. On the other hand, newer RPers might have their hands full with two seperate RPs, and therefore might not post thirty little posts a day but five or six big ones, which I'd greatly prefer.

One the "we haven't gotten very far" matter...several relics have been found and either kept or destroyed, and two Legends (I think) have joined the teams so far. That's as far as we've gotten, and considering the RP has only just started, that's WAAAY too much. By now, people should only just now be discovering where the relics are! So yeah, start over, and keep the rules we have now, but throw in one of SuperScott's ideas about the length of time after the RP has started that a team can get a relic/Legend. Like maybe a week and a half or so. That would give everyone time to find information about the relics, go find them, fight the Legend, etc.

Lord Celebi
10-09-2006, 06:03 PM

Yeah, I was slacking because I was quite busy, and I figured if Sent could get a Relic with the little effort he put into it, I could too, so then I could multitask...
So gonzap are we going to launch the attack tonight or tommorrow? I'll have to get off the computer in an hour so tommorrow might be better.
Launch an attack? You just got your ass kicked! Your gonna be owned again if you try again...
Whether you meant to or not, you did. There's no conspiracy here. Aqua's Team Leader is actually a very experienced and competent War Vet (Trust me, he is. He truly is.) The only reason it seems like we overpower you is that we're a long-standing team run by someone who knows what they're doing. You're all promising RPers but your disregard for what makes an RP interesting is getting on my nerves, somewhat.
I ever thought my troops thought so highly of me :redface:

-

We're fine, Neo. Seriously. We just need to wait for the activity to die down, which will probably happen within the week. I really don't want to start over, and split ToD into three threads... I already put a whole damn weekend into RPing, and I don't want to start over...

SiberianTiger
10-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Yea, I don't think starting over is the best option.

Originally Posted by Sent Reglay
"So gonzap are we going to launch the attack tonight or tommorrow? I'll have to get off the computer in an hour so tommorrow might be better."

Go ahead, you're going to get Raped! (for lack of a better word)

~Isaiah

Caite-chan
10-09-2006, 06:12 PM
No you people just don't wanna lose all the half assed role playing to get relics like you people did.

SiberianTiger
10-09-2006, 06:13 PM
No you people just don't wanna lose all the half assed role playing to get relics like you people did.

I don't have any Relics:rolleyes:

~Isaiah

Caite-chan
10-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I never said you did...I'm just talking about the whole thing.

Lord Celebi
10-09-2006, 06:17 PM

You know how hard it is to role play half assed-like? Its quite stressful... :P

Yes, I don't want to lose the halfassed Roleplaying. I've tarnished Rocket's reputation so much, and I don't want to have to do it again....:rolleyes:

Caite-chan
10-09-2006, 06:23 PM
You may OWN Rocket but I'll OWN you. Then we'll see who's laughing.

Wario
10-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Really rust? I haven't noticed you were kicking our asses :dazed:

Dog of Hellsing
10-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Well, it really doesn't matter to me either way if we start over or not.

SiberianTiger
10-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Really rust? I haven't noticed you were kicking our asses :dazed:

I'm blind I can see it. yea no offence but TR is getting handled.

Edit: I'm off, be on tomorrow

~Isaiah

Wario
10-09-2006, 08:20 PM
none taken. If only rust would stop telling evryone to kill us! And the sevii islands would no be against us...kanto/sevii islands are the main regions of all rocket operations.

Lord Celebi
10-09-2006, 08:24 PM
none taken. If only rust would stop telling evryone to kill us! And the sevii islands would no be against us...kanto/sevii islands are the main regions of all rocket operations.

Not true, unless you control the regions government directly. If your main operations were in Kanto and the Sevii Islands, then you'd be the biggest thorn in each of those nations' sides.

Wario
10-09-2006, 08:26 PM
we've pretty much got kanto owned governement-wise...

Lord Celebi
10-09-2006, 08:32 PM
we've pretty much got kanto owned governement-wise...

And... you assassinated their leaders? There's still the people who aren't happy with you for 'assassinating' Shinou's leaders and attacking Futaba...

I smell a revolution...

Dr Scott
10-09-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm all for the whole restarting thing. But I'm not sure I get exactly what's going on with the whole "split the rp up into two or so threads." Now, are these totally different RP's or just seperate threads for the same RP?

Nothing big has happened so far other then a whole lot of random stuff, we could just chalk this up as a "practice run" and move on. Certainly would make things much less confusing. And hopefully a lot more fun.

And this is coming from someone with a cute little pink catlike Mew ^^

Lotad
10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm all for the whole restarting thing. But I'm not sure I get exactly what's going on with the whole "split the rp up into two or so threads." Now, are these totally different RP's or just seperate threads for the same RP?

Nothing big has happened so far other then a whole lot of random stuff, we could just chalk this up as a "practice run" and move on. Certainly would make things much less confusing. And hopefully a lot more fun.

I think they are going to be different RPs... I read in the cliff notes (before it was locked) that Neo said he could restart the ToD and create three RPs, and allow each person to participate in two of the three... But then he'd need another judge or two... :/ But all I do is blabber stuff that isn't prolly true... :|

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 10:34 PM
rust you going down. I rounded up some extra forces to bombard your pathetic sailboat.

Dr Scott
10-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Eh, I don't know. Will we really have enough active members to really split it in two? I know it all looks like a lot of post but it also looks like it's slowing down now too. I dunno if there are actually enough people to do two ... Well I don't know, I guess there is ...

I'm just not sure. But at any rate restarting seems like the best chance of anything and such and such.

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
I think its really slowed down. I don't want to restart, but its not my decision, so meh.

Finch
10-09-2006, 11:11 PM
OCC: Yeah but it's pretty God-Mode like to have half the world on your side.
Nobody does, we have help from Hoenn because the Rockets slaughtered their leaders.

Sent, I didn't mean to be so abrupt in the RP thread but you can't win battles that way, ever... Naval battles in the War and ToD RPs should be about exploiting gaps in what your opponent has already set up in order to damage them more, not obliterating them "cos ya sed so".

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 11:14 PM
yeah there was a huge discussion aout that, and I was alerted to a few things that I didn't know before. I had no idea that killing NPC people instantly was aginst the rules. Now that i think about it I might just fly moltres to the deck and blow the shits engine up with a Fire Blast:tongue:

Finch
10-09-2006, 11:16 PM
yeah there was a huge discussion aout that, and I was alerted to a few things that I didn't know before. I had no idea that killing NPC people instantly was aginst the rules. Now that i think about it I might just fly moltres to the deck and blow the shits engine up with a Fire Blast:tongue:
I hope that was a typo...

Sort it out before you get warned for language. Oh, and blow the ships engine up with Moltres? You haven't earned the right to blow up a balloon in this RP, I'm afraid.

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I was kidding, and it was a typo of "ships"

Lord Celebi
10-09-2006, 11:18 PM

Good luck fitting Moltres into a Deathwing bathroom...

Moltres can't do that because you can't fit him on the bottom of the ship, the hallways and rooms are too damn small...

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 11:20 PM
if you had payed attention I was KIDDING and HAVING FUN but you wouldn't know about that now would you?

Lord Celebi
10-09-2006, 11:21 PM
if you had payed attention I was KIDDING and HAVING FUN but you wouldn't know about that now would you?

Whatever. It doesn't really matter anymore...

Let's just wait for Neo to come and resolve this... :sleepy:

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 11:22 PM
didn't I admit that I was wrong? stop beating a dead horse rust seriously...

Enishi
10-09-2006, 11:27 PM
In WWII the Air Force did most of the fighting. Planes were way more advanced than boats but still they weren't that destructive. If you're lucky you had an atomic bomb. Other than that you were dog fighting in the skies or dropping little bombs on towns. In a sense of trying to take over Aqua, Team Rocket has along way to go. Aqua is navy based and it's basically impossible to destroy most of their fleet in just two or three posts. As in the Aqua case about not being touched, well you were. You can't just keep running into rooms. Most rooms on the boats back then were engine rooms or small sleeping quaters. Above board rooms were usually air control centers and maybe one or two offices. Also down below were where artillery and missles were kept. There were some big ships back then, but none compared to todays standards. That's my point and I'm sticking to it.

Lord Celebi
10-09-2006, 11:44 PM
OOC: I already deleted my post. I'm going to make another one when people stop telling me I'm wrong and start telling me what to do right.
If I were you, I'd retreat. You two have attacked Team Aqua's Headquarters, which is crawling with enough troops and planes to outnumber you tenfold, plus there's like 5 RPers on the Deathwing compared to your two.

You're essentially screwed or god-moding if you do anything else.

OCC: Your joking right...please tell me your joking. You did not make ToD...Neo did. You just helped with it. If it was founded on this whole Naval crap then why arn't the rest of us there just a battling it out? Stop acting like God it's old and used up. Try something new for a change. I bet you'd SUCK royaly if we had a role play that didn't involve technology. Although knowing you, you'd gather the towns people to beat use stupid with sticks.

Unfortunately, Neo said so himself... That's where he got his inspiration for ToD. BTW, we are god, you just don't realize it... :rolleyes:

The last time we had a WAR RP with no technology, it got as boring as paint drying on the wall.

Sent Reglay
10-09-2006, 11:48 PM
oh of coursse the enemy team leader would ask us to retreat. oh and now I'm 100% sure that the recruiting for ToD was a conspiracy to turn aqua into god and screw all the plans that existed in the other teams.

I think I have a plan, but i'll post it tommorrow or later tonight so the overinflated ego of the Aqua commander doesn't inhibit our flight paths. we seriously need to have a medieval era RP thats what i'm good at.

Enishi
10-09-2006, 11:57 PM
lol. Everyone stop arguing. I have an Idea. We'll have a Neanderthal RP. No technology or anything. As long as someone doesn't say they made a Destroyer out of two twigs and a saber tooth tiger tooth then we'd be fine. lol jk. It doesn't matter. Someone needs to settle this before it gets too out of hand.

Charizard Michelle
10-09-2006, 11:58 PM
OOC: Sorry but I'm 100% with rust. He's only not dying because nobody's made any real effort to kill him.

ToD=Uber Armies vs Each Other, end of story Shane. Sorry. Please, RP Chat kids...
Have to agree there. When you have little techonogy like we are now the greatest weapon is lots of lots of people and forces. Fear the power of idiots in large groups.

Still if you actually try and RP out everything then you can do lots of harm to Rust. I mean you can't just go to the Deathwing and shot. Then say I have killed Rust. You need to do it long and painful. It take time to kill RUst.

Sorry Enishi but I don't like that idea of old fashion times. No Techonogy is bad and I perfer techonogy. The only thing one can use in old time is magic and some people can't understand magic to use it right.

Finch
10-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Shane, I'm surprised, I thought it'd be fun to RP with you again.

Now listen you whining nubs, there is no conspiracy, and there is no god-mode aqua leader. What's happening here is you're not getting your way (through playing god, I might add) and you're just firing our accusations back at us. There was at least some grounds for ours... rust has done nothing but sit back and resist your blatent attempts to effortlessly wipe out the entire team in the RP's first week, with the worst play I've seen in my time here.

Enishi
10-10-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm not complaining at all. If anything of me complaining it's because of everyone arguing. So I say we should just keep moving on and put all this stupid turmoil behind us.

Jacevil
10-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Do you have to be part of a team?

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 12:45 AM
Do you have to be part of a team?

Yes, now may I ask WTH? I leave for a couple hours and we get a page of arguing, shane (I believe thats his name) going at Rust, people screaming god-mod and such, sent, and gonzap, I'm not really good at this, but your whole attack against our homebase is crap...you will never win, so where is Neo cause this needs to be cleared up ASAP, someone said the thread is locked? so are we still playing or what if so I'm landing on the deathwing and going to town on Rocket..

bottom line WTH happened while I was gone.

~Isaiah

Sceptile Frost
10-10-2006, 01:03 AM
This is sort of sad. Arguments... just fight it out in the RP. Goodness. Neo gave you links to about everything regarding WWII. Did you read them? Apparently not.

Neo Emolga
10-10-2006, 01:25 AM

The problem is... not only is it a hyperactive mess, but too much power has been gained too fast. And honestly, this really isnít going to change if you think about it. I was busy all afternoon with my job and all, and I get back to see another truckload of posts came in. Itís getting incredibly hard to keep up.

Regardless of what happens, itís going to take serious sitting down and rethinking this over, since this is a royal mess and itís hard to keep up with everything. Legendaries have been obtained really early and really quickly, even with only two relics/legendary Pokemon per team, itís turning into a disasterÖ

Before everyone gets too excited, Iím strongly considering starting over with three fresh RPs, because every time I check the RP, I see itís only gotten worse. This will allow people to be as active as they want to be, and it will thin activity down a little, since this is just too much in one go.

In the last 24 hours, Iíve actually come up with some really nice RP ideas, and they wouldnít run amuck like this did. So please, donít be surprised if this really does turn into a practice run.

I think they are going to be different RPs... I read in the cliff notes (before it was locked) that Neo said he could restart the ToD and create three RPs, and allow each person to participate in two of the three... But then he'd need another judge or two... :/ But all I do is blabber stuff that isn't prolly true... :|

Yeah, the whole plan was to create three new RPs with three totally new storylines (tossing the whole legendary relics idea out, since itís clearly not workingÖ). With one of the RPs, I might still go with the whole World War II setting, since it would be a shame to lose that.

Right now, current thoughts are pointing toward three RPs, one set in World War IIís time frame, another set in modern day (But NO laser, plasma, space, or very futuristic weapons, since thatís no present, thatís future), and the last as an only Pokťmon RP (Like Pokťmon Mystery Dungeon, where everyone role plays as a Pokťmon in a Pokťmon-only universe, but still with the team organization and create a war among Pokťmon).

Unfortunately, Neo said so himself... That's where he got his inspiration for ToD. BTW, we are god, you just don't realize it... :rolleyes:

The last time we had a WAR RP with no technology, it got as boring as paint drying on the wall.

Actually, it is. Out of all the battles in the Season 5 RP, I adored Fiore naval invasion and can easily say it was the best RP battle Iíve been in. And so I took a common game like Battleship and twisted things around a little.

And yes, no technology = very little that humans have going for them. World War II is as low in technology as Iíll go.

Yes, now may I ask WTH? I leave for a couple hours and we get a page of arguing, shane (I believe thats his name) going at Rust, people screaming god-mod and such, sent, and gonzap, I'm not really good at this, but your whole attack against our homebase is crap...you will never win, so where is Neo cause this needs to be cleared up ASAP, someone said the thread is locked? so are we still playing or what if so I'm landing on the deathwing and going to town on Rocket..
bottom line WTH happened while I was gone.

~Isaiah

People have the right to be a little annoyed, this whole RP has gotten messy andÖ a lot of it is actually my fault for not thinking ahead. SomethingÖ should have clicked in my head that throwing 30+ people into one RP was going to cause havoc, but I totally overlooked it. I got a little overconfident and was like ďhey, I think this will make an awesome idea,Ē but its very fragmented now, and the hyper-activity and the disagreement about the relics and how much effort should go into obtaining them is only continuing to break it down.

And yes, the current RP may be a practice run. Considering the ideas coming come to me for alternate RPs, Iím honestly not too happy about how this one has turned out, and itís really about time I think it over.

Iím just hoping no oneís really disappointed in me, but if you are, hey, I can understand. 18 pages of RPing and Iím already thinking of turning it into a practice run might seem a little crappy considering some people were giving serious thought into this, and while I know itís disappointing, its gotten people really active and really enticed into working into this. Even while itís chaotic now with people disagreeing with each other and with people have too much power already, I think making it easier on everyone by having several smaller RPs would really be beneficial. I canít ever update Cliff Notes this fast, I know that much.

And waiting for activity to thin out isnít that great of an idea either. Itís almost forcing people who canít be super-active out of ToD completely for being light posters. But now, a light poster can easily take part in one of the three RPs and still help their team and not have to worry about the massive increase of new posts every day, still keep up, and still be an active part of ToD while really enjoying the RP as well. After that, thatís what I intended it to be, and I think it would really work out better that way.

As for now, continue to participate in the current RP, but donít be surprised if it really does end up as a practice run. I think everyone knows what went wrong, how some things really should be thought over a bit more, and realize how maybe a few of the things we did were wrong and how they could have been a bit fairer or more detailed. Itís made us that much wiser for what may be a new RP challenge, so itís all been worth it.

And thanks for reading all that. This has given this poor Pikachu quite a lot to think aboutÖ :oops:

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 01:31 AM
I guess starting over isn't to bad of an idea everytime I come to post there is an extra 3-4 pages.

on the other hand this is my first Rp and while I know my post aren't top quality I think they aren't bad and would hate to lose the storyline and what I have down.

But it is pretty hectic.

as long as I stay with Aqua, not to be picky or anything but If not with Aqua on this I think I'll withdraw.

up to you Neo, you got my trust.

edit I'm confused about the three thread ideas, but whatever I'm with Aqua on whatever.

~Isaiah

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 01:31 AM
thats sounds good to me. Butif we start over I DEMAND a medieval era RP. thats what i'm experienced at. but I can guarantee you I will participate in the modern.

Lord Celebi
10-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Eh, you're probably right... Although I've said we're fine, we're probably not. The RP has essentially gone to hell with all the extreme god-moding and lack of effort people have put into it...

Although I feel really bad for putting a whole weekend into the RP, I guess it would be a better idea to have three RPs instead of one huge one.

(Dibs on WW2 era and Modern era RPs :P)

Demand, Sent? Medieval RPs will kill the whole thing... You weren't here for WAR Season 2, so you won't understand.

BTW, if its Medievel I refuse to participate...

Charizard Michelle
10-10-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't really like the idea of three sepreate RPs. I mean that just seems like too many RPs for one event. I perfer one RP with one idea. It just much more intresing and more fun sounding.

I think the problem with this RP is that there are too many 'magical items'. Like I don't think every Legendary should have had one like the Creation Pokemon. I see no reason why he would come down and make a relic. Regis too since they seem anit-social. In the WAR V RP there were only five powerful magical items and they were hard and limited to a few people. Here there are a lot of them and thus creates the idea that everybody can get one. Maybe we can get rid of a few relics.

Just my thoughts.

Neo Emolga
10-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Okay, glad I have a few people agreeing with me.

For now, use the current RP as practice, like a warm up before the real thing.

Also, sorry Sent, but I've never actually made a Medieval RP, and it would be really easy to get carried away that could result in the same thing happening (Thinking about whether to allow magic or not).

And rust, I'm honestly surprised you wouldn't like a Medieval RP, espeically when your character often resorts to using katanas...

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 01:43 AM
well even without magic, the limited technology, would make us rely on our pokemon much more. no more "I sick an airforce on you PWNT!!!!!!11!!!1"

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 01:44 AM
I would not mind an Medieval Rp as I love close combat, but no tech is kinda :tongue: anyway I would prefer one thread modern time Rp but I'm with Rust on whatever.

anyway Neo good luck with whatever you decide on i'll most likely be in it if I'm with Aqua.

I got to get off so I'll be on later or tomorrow Pm if you guys come to a discision.

I'll post in the Rp tonight or tomorrow

~Isaiah

Rohypnol
10-10-2006, 01:52 AM
So are we going to start over or not.

Lord Celebi
10-10-2006, 01:57 AM
And rust, I'm honestly surprised you wouldn't like a Medieval RP, espeically when your character often resorts to using katanas...
Katanas were actually from Feudal Japan, not the Medieval Ages... Plus, I like technology, but swords are way too cool to pass up.
well even without magic, the limited technology, would make us rely on our pokemon much more. no more "I sick an airforce on you PWNT!!!!!!11!!!1"
Exactly why you should stop doing that Sent ;)

Lotad
10-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Yeah, the whole plan was to create three new RPs with three totally new storylines (tossing the whole legendary relics idea out, since it’s clearly not working…). With one of the RPs, I might still go with the whole World War II setting, since it would be a shame to lose that.
I like the WWII one, but not with the relics...

Right now, current thoughts are pointing toward three RPs, one set in World War II’s time frame, another set in modern day (But NO laser, plasma, space, or very futuristic weapons, since that’s no present, that’s future), and the last as an only Pokémon RP (Like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, where everyone role plays as a Pokémon in a Pokémon-only universe, but still with the team organization and create a war among Pokémon).
I like the Mystery Dungeon idea! xD

People have the right to be a little annoyed, this whole RP has gotten messy and… a lot of it is actually my fault for not thinking ahead. Something… should have clicked in my head that throwing 30+ people into one RP was going to cause havoc, but I totally overlooked it.
Obviously you did... :/

I got a little overconfident and was like “hey, I think this will make an awesome idea,” but its very fragmented now, and the hyper-activity and the disagreement about the relics and how much effort should go into obtaining them is only continuing to break it down.
That is true... and I was setting up a nice thirty post run for either Lugia's or Suicunes... but still restarting would be a good idea... ^^

I’m just hoping no one’s really disappointed in me, but if you are, hey, I can understand. 18 pages of RPing and I’m already thinking of turning it into a practice run might seem a little crappy considering some people were giving serious thought into this, and while I know it’s disappointing, its gotten people really active and really enticed into working into this. Even while it’s chaotic now with people disagreeing with each other and with people have too much power already, I think making it easier on everyone by having several smaller RPs would really be beneficial. I can’t ever update Cliff Notes this fast, I know that much.
Still, restarting would be a good idea... at least it would help rat out those that signed up for the teams (and aren't RPing) and even out the teams a little (Rocket doesn't have to many active RPers (I think...)

And waiting for activity to thin out isn’t that great of an idea either. It’s almost forcing people who can’t be super-active out of ToD completely for being light posters. But now, a light poster can easily take part in one of the three RPs and still help their team and not have to worry about the massive increase of new posts every day, still keep up, and still be an active part of ToD while really enjoying the RP as well. After that, that’s what I intended it to be, and I think it would really work out better that way.
That's true... (And was I lightly posting during the current one? :/)

As for now, continue to participate in the current RP, but don’t be surprised if it really does end up as a practice run. I think everyone knows what went wrong, how some things really should be thought over a bit more, and realize how maybe a few of the things we did were wrong and how they could have been a bit fairer or more detailed. It’s made us that much wiser for what may be a new RP challenge, so it’s all been worth it.
Meh... I paused for the reason that we already have a crack team of three (maybe four) going out after Celebii's Relic... and I really don't feel like moving... ;_;

And thanks for reading all that. This has given this poor Pikachu quite a lot to think about… :oops:
And Cubones... @_@;;;

Most of my thoughts are written above, though they just seem completely out there... xD

Dr Scott
10-10-2006, 02:54 AM
Now, I agree with you with most everything Sir Neo, and it's really not your fault at all. It was a botched experiment, let's chock it up as that. You’re still a genius for thinking all of that up.

Now, first off, I like the idea of a medieval / Greek times / Japanese samurai type RP. I don’t know, but guns have never really been my RP of choice, I’ve always found myself leaning toward the old days. More honorable fighting face to face and all of that. Less craziness going around with boat wars and airplane battles yadda yadda …

I like the idea of splitting it all up and I don’t. Honestly, I’d like there to be one big one. It seems more … … epic and all that. You’ve just got to find a way to split it up so that it’s more manageable. Or to find someone to help you out. But epic RP’s do work. I’ve been in some. It’s all about how it’s managed. I’m not saying you’re horrible and that it’s your fault for not being good enough, I’m saying that you need help. Maybe a thread on just regular RPing and a thread of battling and wars and other such crud, with two people keeping up the notes for each of them … Of course, again, this confuses things as you switch back and forth and look to see yadda yadda … Just … the idea of one epic RP but split up SOMEHOW is how I would like to see it.

Honestly, if I didn’t like one thing about this it was the idea that it was a game. I don’t really like the battleship idea. Again, this is just my opinion, I’m sure a lot of you out there love it, but to me an RP only has a winner through RPing. What makes an RP is that the people choose how the story goes, but having a clear cut winner … heck, maybe I’m just afraid of losing :P.

Now, I liked the idea of having a legendary on our side. Personally, I’ve never really made a story or anything with a legend on my side, and I like the idea. I also like the team idea, but maybe add a team or two in there.

For the teams thing, maybe let people pick their friends and have like ... 3-5 men teams. That way you're not throwing random people together and making them team up. If it's not competitive the team thing won't be as important.

Now, the big issue here was indeed god-modding. People didn’t like what Rust did, Rust didn’t like what Sent did … everyone is trying to control it. Again, if its competitive (ie people fighting for relics or stuff) it tends to get this way. There just needs to be some more thoughts on a way to stop this if you want a really good RP.

I would add more and I would make it look all prettier but I just woke up from a nap and I have a headache …

I’m willing to help out in ideas, managing any of it, etc. I just demand that I get hugged by someone at least once a week.

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 03:03 AM
I fully agree with what super scott said, except for the whole epic thing, I want to do a medieval RP which rust will stay away from.

Poltergeist
10-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Starting over would mean me getting my heart ripped out, stabbing it 50 times and then throwing it into a black hole.

True this truely has gone quite chaotic with alot of new people trying to learn the ways of RPing, and also true that starting over would probably be a good idea, but I would obviously as said above be really dissapointed since I was trying to put my heart and soul into my piece of work, but I would get over it. I just hope what I was writing before will be good enough standards for whatever the real deal is.

Lotad
10-10-2006, 03:11 AM
Now, I agree with you with most everything Sir Neo, and it's really not your fault at all. It was a botched experiment, let's chock it up as that. Youíre still a genius for thinking all of that up.

Now, first off, I like the idea of a medieval / Greek times / Japanese samurai type RP. I donít know, but guns have never really been my RP of choice, Iíve always found myself leaning toward the old days. More honorable fighting face to face and all of that. Less craziness going around with boat wars and airplane battles yadda yadda Ö
Japanese Samurai/Ninja Type thing (without relations to Naruto) would be something I'd love to do... ^^

I like the idea of splitting it all up and I donít. Honestly, Iíd like there to be one big one. It seems more Ö Ö epic and all that. Youíve just got to find a way to split it up so that itís more manageable. Or to find someone to help you out. But epic RPís do work. Iíve been in some. Itís all about how itís managed. Iím not saying youíre horrible and that itís your fault for not being good enough, Iím saying that you need help. Maybe a thread on just regular RPing and a thread of battling and wars and other such crud, with two people keeping up the notes for each of them Ö Of course, again, this confuses things as you switch back and forth and look to see yadda yadda Ö Just Ö the idea of one epic RP but split up SOMEHOW is how I would like to see it.
Meh... Epic RPs should stick with one topic... splitting it up like that would make things more annoying that the current one... (IMO)...

Honestly, if I didnít like one thing about this it was the idea that it was a game. I donít really like the battleship idea. Again, this is just my opinion, Iím sure a lot of you out there love it, but to me an RP only has a winner through RPing. What makes an RP is that the people choose how the story goes, but having a clear cut winner Ö heck, maybe Iím just afraid of losing :P.
:P I don't like Battleship, but I think winning through RPing sounds alot better, because then most of our RPing wouldn't go to waste (for those that RP with long posts... or semi-long).

Now, I liked the idea of having a legendary on our side. Personally, Iíve never really made a story or anything with a legend on my side, and I like the idea. I also like the team idea, but maybe add a team or two in there.
I don't like the idea of legends... and the team idea would be good, but you'd have to limit the number of players per team.

For the teams thing, maybe let people pick their friends and have like ... 3-5 men teams. That way you're not throwing random people together and making them team up. If it's not competitive the team thing won't be as important.
Yay for friends, but I prolly won't be chosen for anyone... ;_;

Now, the big issue here was indeed god-modding. People didnít like what Rust did, Rust didnít like what Sent did Ö everyone is trying to control it. Again, if its competitive (ie people fighting for relics or stuff) it tends to get this way. There just needs to be some more thoughts on a way to stop this if you want a really good RP.
I agree with that...

Iím willing to help out in ideas, managing any of it, etc. I just demand that I get hugged by someone at least once a week.
-hugs- xD

Well, as I did before with Neo's, I have shoved all of the things I needed to say up in the quote in Bold... ^^

Dr Scott
10-10-2006, 03:16 AM
Well it's not perchance different ideas, it's just one epic RP split up so all the RP's aren't on the same place, that one two different people could write up two sets of notes that are smaller and all that fun stuff ... It'd need worked out, but still, it's an idea.

And Mi Low, you're a great RPer! You'd be one of the first people I'd ask to RP on my team! Behind my mother, Stephen Colbert, and my girlfriend, that is. But you're the only one on PE2k, so I guess that'd make you the first :-P

Neo Emolga
10-10-2006, 03:36 AM
Now, I agree with you with most everything Sir Neo, and it's really not your fault at all. It was a botched experiment, let's chock it up as that. Youíre still a genius for thinking all of that up.

Heh, thanks. Iím not perfect though, but I try my best and Iím glad you appreciate it.

Now, first off, I like the idea of a medieval / Greek times / Japanese samurai type RP. I donít know, but guns have never really been my RP of choice, Iíve always found myself leaning toward the old days. More honorable fighting face to face and all of that. Less craziness going around with boat wars and airplane battles yadda yadda Ö

We could do it, allow an RP where Medieval weapons exist, such as long swords and bows, alongside oriental weapons, such as katanas, shurikens, and the like. In the meantime, this does give Pokťmon more of a chance, and would be a good RP for those who simply donít like the idea of using guns.

However, city and locations would be pretty much the same, only with buildings of that time period (think of Goldenrod more as a kingdom rather than a city, while something like Fallarbor would be a tiny village). Plus, this would allow people to really get inventive.

I donít think there will be any magic though. Magic may open the doors for serious arguments to break out.

I like the idea of splitting it all up and I donít. Honestly, Iíd like there to be one big one. It seems more Ö Ö epic and all that. Youíve just got to find a way to split it up so that itís more manageable. Or to find someone to help you out. But epic RPís do work. Iíve been in some. Itís all about how itís managed. Iím not saying youíre horrible and that itís your fault for not being good enough, Iím saying that you need help. Maybe a thread on just regular RPing and a thread of battling and wars and other such crud, with two people keeping up the notes for each of them Ö Of course, again, this confuses things as you switch back and forth and look to see yadda yadda Ö Just Ö the idea of one epic RP but split up SOMEHOW is how I would like to see it.

I know, I like that idea too, butÖ itís not working in this situation. 30+ people in one RP is too much, and especially if the team leaders want everyone to contribute and do their best. Itís simply too much posting for everyone to read, not just me.

And Iím thinking about it. While I could judge one of the RPs, maybe two other people could handle the two other RPs. Also, itís too hard to separate storyline into multiple threads, it causes confusion. Still though, I appreciate you coming forward with your suggestions.

Honestly, if I didnít like one thing about this it was the idea that it was a game. I donít really like the battleship idea. Again, this is just my opinion, Iím sure a lot of you out there love it, but to me an RP only has a winner through RPing. What makes an RP is that the people choose how the story goes, but having a clear cut winner Ö heck, maybe Iím just afraid of losing :P.

The whole battleship idea is just for people on the team to contribute and really support the team. Sure, it could be 100% RPing, but why not give that extra little incentive to do it? Again, itís just a game though.

Now, I liked the idea of having a legendary on our side. Personally, Iíve never really made a story or anything with a legend on my side, and I like the idea. I also like the team idea, but maybe add a team or two in there.

Well, it has been possible in the past War RPs where people have managed to get legendary Pokťmon on their side. Thereís always the good old fashioned way of getting themÖ

WellÖ then theyíre too small, and then you have too many team leaders running around, and too many flags on the field. And yeah, too many cooks can ruin the stew. I think three teams in fine though.

Now, the big issue here was indeed god-modding. People didnít like what Rust did, Rust didnít like what Sent did Ö everyone is trying to control it. Again, if its competitive (ie people fighting for relics or stuff) it tends to get this way. There just needs to be some more thoughts on a way to stop this if you want a really good RP.

Too many relics is what the problem is. People were feeling (hey, thereís so many relics, it should be pretty easy and quick to get them) like I had really intended for them all to be found. Itís better if thereís only a few things like that, and thisÖ was way too many. Less relics and more focus on an actual storyline is what would make these RPs better.

I would add more and I would make it look all prettier but I just woke up from a nap and I have a headache Ö

Iím willing to help out in ideas, managing any of it, etc. I just demand that I get hugged by someone at least once a week.

Like I said, I may need two other judges to help judge the other two RPs. And with that said, the whole judging system may need to be changed around.

I have some thinking to doÖ

Dr Scott
10-10-2006, 03:46 AM
Eh, def. no magic. That could end up like a god-mod contest easily.

Not everyone on the teams is active though, you could take the people who are actually active and just put them in the RP. And also I'd suggest to split up the teams in another way. I love my team personally, but if you want them to be fair they need to be split up differently.

Like I said I'm sure that some people like the battleship thing, it just seems too confusing and such to me, and I'd rather (if given the choice) pick one without it.

Maybe four teams ... Two good, two bad? Or one good, two bad, and a neutral. Like a band of hireable mercanaries or something.

Def. no more relics. Though it was a sexy idea it just ... didn't work out how it was.

Also, don't think too much, I don't want to have to clean up your brain goo if you explode.

Charizard Michelle
10-10-2006, 03:48 AM
Something else I didn't mention before. The hard part with three seprerate RPs is the work from the RPs. I mean if we sign up for all three it going to be a strain on the RPers andmay discourage a lot of people to drop out from the ToD RPs all together. With just one they only have one RP to stay loyal too. Just an thought.

I don't like old times RPs. Just me.

Zero
10-10-2006, 04:00 AM
okay, I know this has probably been suggested before, but still.

I'm gone for a day and 8 pages show up in the RP. I don't have the time to read all that so can we please get some cliff notes here? I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I'm hopelessly lost here.

Neo Emolga
10-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Eh, def. no magic. That could end up like a god-mod contest easily.

Yeah, I can agree to that. Plus, itís impossible to draw the line on what should be and what shouldnít beÖ

Not everyone on the teams is active though, you could take the people who are actually active and just put them in the RP. And also I'd suggest to split up the teams in another way. I love my team personally, but if you want them to be fair they need to be split up differently.

Problem is, how do you define whoís active and whoís not? Iíve allowed it where team leaders can let go of a person thatís been inactive from the forum for at least two weeks (last post being two weeks old, but theyíre still active on the forum and just not posting in the RP, itís up to team members to help encourage them to take part. But, if they totally refuse, I would be willing to take them out of the team completely for their lack of support).

Like I said I'm sure that some people like the battleship thing, it just seems too confusing and such to me, and I'd rather (if given the choice) pick one without it.

Well, then its just a normal RP, with the exception of the fact that the teams are all taking part in it. I was hopingÖ it would be a little more than just thatÖ

Maybe four teams ... Two good, two bad? Or one good, two bad, and a neutral. Like a band of hirable mercenaries or something.

Well, I tried waiting it out, and three teams was all that signed up. Plus, if we were to add another team, weíd have to do the whole member distribution thing all over againÖ

Do youÖ really want to do that yet another timeÖ?

Def. no more relics. Though it was a sexy idea it just ... didn't work out how it was.

Trust me, I learned my lesson with this one. But thereís got to be some unique element to the story that will catch the eyes of the RPers. However, I learned that making too much of it results inÖ a total fiasco. If anything, those elements will be given more sparingly.

Also, don't think too much, I don't want to have to clean up your brain goo if you explode.

I think I have my plans set, all thatís left nowÖ is a lot of writing. But I can do itÖ without going insane.

Something else I didn't mention before. The hard part with three seprerate RPs is the work from the RPs. I mean if we sign up for all three it going to be a strain on the RPers andmay discourage a lot of people to drop out from the ToD RPs all together. With just one they only have one RP to stay loyal too. Just an thought.

Thatís the thing, you donít need to sign up for all three (you can only sign up for two out of three anyway). You can decide to only sign up for one and post whenever you can, but you donít need to worry about an incredibly furiously paced RP, or having to read four new pages of posts every time you log on. Itís too much if you canít be on PE2K that oftenÖ

Meanwhile, this one super-active RPÖ is already discouraging people from the massive amount of posts they have to read in order to catch up, and yesÖ some of them have probably dropped out already.

I don't like old times RPs. Just me.

And thatís the beauty of multiple RPs. You can take part in the RPs you want to, still support your team, while other people from your team can take part in that ďold timesĒ RP that you didnít want to take part in, and still support the team.

To me, I think everyone wins with this. Plus, it would be easier to keep up for everyone, rather than making this RP a hard headache for everyone to endure from all the people posting. Trust me, I want people to enjoy this and feel comfortable about it, not with the feeling that they have to log on every hour just to find out two more pages were added to the RP in the time they were goneÖ

okay, I know this has probably been suggested before, but still.

I'm gone for a day and 8 pages show up in the RP. I don't have the time to read all that so can we please get some cliff notes here? I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I'm hopelessly lost here.

Thatís my thing too. I canít update Cliffs Notes every day since it does take time, and with this kind of updatingÖ it would be incredibly exhausting to play catch up every time I do it.

When it comes to multiple RPs, maybe it would be a good idea for the two other judges that want to judge those RPs to come up with their own Cliffs Notes version, sinceÖ me doing all three would be very painful. But even then, each RP would be easier to catch up with than how this one isÖ

I still think multiple RPs is the way to go here.

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 12:21 PM
now that you are going with an"old times" RP I'm 100% behind you. do what you think is best neo I trust you.

Lotad
10-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Problem is, how do you define whoís active and whoís not? Iíve allowed it where team leaders can let go of a person thatís been inactive from the forum for at least two weeks (last post being two weeks old, but theyíre still active on the forum and just not posting in the RP, itís up to team members to help encourage them to take part. But, if they totally refuse, I would be willing to take them out of the team completely for their lack of support).
I think that's what's been going on with Rocket... (Yes I do have concern for Rocket.)

Well, then its just a normal RP, with the exception of the fact that the teams are all taking part in it. I was hopingÖ it would be a little more than just that
I think everyone was prolly expecting just plain RPing instead of the BattleShip thingÖ

Well, I tried waiting it out, and three teams was all that signed up. Plus, if we were to add another team, weíd have to do the whole member distribution thing all over againÖ

Do youÖ really want to do that yet another timeÖ?
At least it could help pull out the members that aren't active on their teams... :/

Thatís the thing, you donít need to sign up for all three (you can only sign up for two out of three anyway). You can decide to only sign up for one and post whenever you can, but you donít need to worry about an incredibly furiously paced RP, or having to read four new pages of posts every time you log on. Itís too much if you canít be on PE2K that oftenÖ

Meanwhile, this one super-active RPÖ is already discouraging people from the massive amount of posts they have to read in order to catch up, and yesÖ some of them have probably dropped out already.
Yes... I like the three RP deal, and I would prolly sign up for one, though I do have some incredible activity here (though lately it has been lagging...) And really, the super-activity with the current one has been discouraging; it's similiar to one that I was watching on a different site (And alot of characters had to teleport themselves along, because they couldn't be on so much..)

And thatís the beauty of multiple RPs. You can take part in the RPs you want to, still support your team, while other people from your team can take part in that ďold timesĒ RP that you didnít want to take part in, and still support the team.

To me, I think everyone wins with this. Plus, it would be easier to keep up for everyone, rather than making this RP a hard headache for everyone to endure from all the people posting. Trust me, I want people to enjoy this and feel comfortable about it, not with the feeling that they have to log on every hour just to find out two more pages were added to the RP in the time they were goneÖ
That does sound like a good idea for the RPs. And really, though I do like the WWII idea, things that take place in older times fits me more.

Thatís my thing too. I canít update Cliffs Notes every day since it does take time, and with this kind of updatingÖ it would be incredibly exhausting to play catch up every time I do it.

When it comes to multiple RPs, maybe it would be a good idea for the two other judges that want to judge those RPs to come up with their own Cliffs Notes version, sinceÖ me doing all three would be very painful. But even then, each RP would be easier to catch up with than how this one isÖ

I still think multiple RPs is the way to go here.
Yay for multiple RPs. And I could offer some help with one of the cliff notes, though (sadly) I would need to figure out how to control how much info I provide for a summary (since once I wrote a six page (three sheets of paper) summary for a Chapter in my Science Book... ;_;

I just junked all of what I need to say to Neo in Bold in the quote... (next time I'll be more different and actually quote each part... ^^;;;)

Lord Celebi
10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Maybe four teams ... Two good, two bad? Or one good, two bad, and a neutral. Like a band of hireable mercanaries or something.

*coughthatswhataquaiscough*

-

I'm still not for a Medieval RP. As long as there are two other RPs, then Im happy.

Charizard Michelle
10-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I not for Medieval/Old timie RPs too. Most people don't even really know how to RP that way back. I mean pokeballs were not something used back in the time of knights which means you going have less pokemon on you. Don't be mentioning the Acorns too because you need a device to even use that and eletrinic junk was used in Medieval times. I know some people are all up for it but make sure what you actually getting into. Mostly all you have in medieval times are lots of people (Which is no difference in this current RP except with some technology) and man power. I don't want to read post like this "Me beat you with big stick!" Also pokemon battles will be pretty lame too in Medieval times since there is no pokeballs you can't easy carry your pokemon which means they have to walk around and be all tired from travel. Yeah. That will also need to be put into account.

Also you can't forget about the magic part. Magic was very big among non-physical people during that time and I know some RPers don't RP the heavy manly type so what else will they fall back on? If you take out the magic part of Medieval RPing then it won't be a Medieval RP. It just be an RP where people are just hitting each other with big swords and sticks and nto everybody know how to use magic correctly.

(Also people can still build up an awesome army and thus lead to this bickering that we had last night)

EDIT: Also if we doing three sepreated RPs and if one of them is going to have magical items in a present/WWII time then makes sure to have a few of them and not 15+ of them like in this one.

Dr Scott
10-10-2006, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't mind going through something of the re-distributation thing, but then again I wouldn't want to lose some of the members on my team. If anything, maybe just take a few members off of each team and place it into the fourth, you don't have to do the whole thing over again.

It's a GOOD thing that some people are for the 'old times' and some are for the 'new times.' That means that it will be more split up into what everyone wants and such. And it means not everyone will be in every RP. I'd probably try to do two myself. It'd be fun to have two different characters.

Also Rust, you may like to think your team is neutral, but no, you're evil :-P.

If you were doing, say, a Greek 'old times' RP, the Greek gods could be the legends, Zapdos makes a GREAT Zeus (god of Thunder and Sky) etc. etc. Each team could have a patron 'god/legend,' maybe given a power based on that. And maybe if you made a god/legend happy with what you did, you got certain help / power, but you would make the other one / one's angry. And magic might be able to be used, as long as there were lots of rules, like someone make a list of spells and the people can pick one or two. When I think of old times I think of Oblivion though (Best game ever). As an Oblivion lover I could think of the spells / maybe some weapons / etc. Alllsoooo if you wanted to get really into it, maybe each PERSON has a certain amount of points that could be spent to buy weapons / armor / etc. (Buy a iron sword for ... points) and keep the whole "If you do good RPing you get blah blah points" and such. This just sounds cool to me because I'm in an Oblivion mood XD.

I'd be happy to look at / help with ideas / make footnotes / etc. with the 'old times' one.

Sceptile Frost
10-10-2006, 07:43 PM
The whole purpose of having a WAR rp or a TOD sort of thing is to make it epic. If there's not of that, why not just have it as a regular rp? I like the idea of the more ancient rps, but they could get really complex.

The nice thing about having guns is they're so easy to use, and very effective. A katana alone wouldn't do the job, nor would a shruiken or any other medievel junk. That's what makes epic rps in the modern or gunny era so nice - each individual person can make a huge difference.

Poltergeist
10-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Hmm well this is just a thought but why don't we still sticky the cliff note section but instead of only the mods updating, every time we make a new post we most post in the cliff note section a post about 1-4 sentences max explaining what important things happened. It could be easier to read. It is just a suggestion.

Dr Scott
10-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Eh Polt, that's a good thought, and I'm glad to hear that you're thinking about all this fun stuff (^_^). I'd also like to state that of all the Rockets you have the most show for potential and all that good stuff.

But, no, I don't think that would work. It'd make the Cliff Notes just as big and long and confusing looking. It looks a lot neater if someone like Neo to write up little summaries of the key events, becasue I've posted a lot of stuff that doesn't belong in a summary until about .. eight posts in. This ToD is dead, sadly, I think.

And yes, a big epic RP would be nice. But due to the amount of people it will probably end up epic anyways. At least one or two of them, at least.

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Also Rust, you may like to think your team is neutral, but no, you're evil :-P.

If you were doing, say, a Greek 'old times' RP, the Greek gods could be the legends, Zapdos makes a GREAT Zeus (god of Thunder and Sky) etc. etc. Each team could have a patron 'god/legend,' maybe given a power based on that. And maybe if you made a god/legend happy with what you did, you got certain help / power, but you would make the other one / one's angry. And magic might be able to be used, as long as there were lots of rules, like someone make a list of spells and the people can pick one or two. When I think of old times I think of Oblivion though (Best game ever). As an Oblivion lover I could think of the spells / maybe some weapons / etc. Alllsoooo if you wanted to get really into it, maybe each PERSON has a certain amount of points that could be spent to buy weapons / armor / etc. (Buy a iron sword for ... points) and keep the whole "If you do good RPing you get blah blah points" and such. This just sounds cool to me because I'm in an Oblivion mood XD.

I'd be happy to look at / help with ideas / make footnotes / etc. with the 'old times' one.

good, I would not mind an Rp like that, and if Aqua is evil all the better I'm always Dark side first in RPG's.

~Isaiah

Dog of Hellsing
10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I'd prefer a more old Japan type era setting myself, since I know so little about guns and such and hate having to RP using them. :oops:

Anyways, Neo, yes, PLEASE restart the RP! I'll join two, if that's the maximum we're allowed to join. Like I said, those of us older RPers can probably keep up with three or four different RPs, since we do it all the time anyways. We can get by on three or four big posts a day. The newer RPers, though, will have to take longer to make decent posts for the seperate RPs, meaning they can't spend all their time making tiny posts to one and then only one medium size post to another, and so on and so forth.

Also, here's something I forgot to mention yesterday. Remember the Season 5 RP? How is started out really crazy, but then slowed down after a few weeks? Well, think of WHY it slowed down. People weren't able to keep up with the tremendou amount of posting, so they dropped out of the RP. As more people dropped out and the fewer people were left, the slower the RP became since there weren't so many people posting. By the time it slowed down to a manageable speed, the people who were in it to begin with were so far behind they didn't want to go through the trouble of getting back into it.

I have a bad feeling that's what's going to happen to this RP, if we don't restart it. People are going to get fed up with all the pages that pile up in one or two days and are going to start saying, "I quit." Then when we're down to like, ten people, it'll be slow enough for people to come back, but no one will want to because of how far behind they'll be.

So please, PLEASE, I'm begging ya Neo, restart with three seperate RPs, PLEASE! Don't make this trainer of T-Tars explode with sadness...:sad:

Anyways, I trust yer judgement, Neo old buddy. Do what you think is best, and I'll follow as best I can ^^.

EDIT: If we have an RP with magick, I'd be glad to help out. A lot of my older chars from The Forest Inn had magick, so I know how to limit it to fair amounts. If you like, I could give you some examples of some magicks some of my chars have, or I could offer you links to The Forest Inn?

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I said before I'm fine with restarting but I'm not sure about the whole three threads idea.

Would my post be considered short or medium?

~Isaiah

Lord Celebi
10-10-2006, 10:37 PM
OOC:

NO. NO F*CKING WAY. NOT AT F*CKING ALL.

Sent: WTF do you think you're doing? Rocket just got PUSHED OUT of the third floor. You can't just waltz onto the bottom of the ship and destroy the engine room, especially with the Aqua opposition driving the Rocket Forces UP the Deathwing. That means that like EVERY LIVING AQUA GRUNT is below the third floor. THERE IS NOT WAY IN HELL YOU CAN GET TO THE ENGINE ROOM.

Also, I have not forced anyone to join Aqua. So far, its all been the choice of people to join Aqua. So STFU, you're already politically screwed, don't make it worse for yourself.

Gonzap: STFU. Regigigas never fit anyway, so the battle never happened below the deck.

Neo, help us... Please stop the God-Moding. Everytime I leave for an hour, Sent and Gonzap are doing something they're not supposed to do. I shouldn't have a heart attack everytime I look at the RP... If you allow this God-Moding to pester, I'm not going to waste my time and RP here anymore... (Yes, I just threatened to quit if you don't do something).

My reply to Sent and Gonzap's recent posts. Neo, do something!

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 10:49 PM
note how I said salvage? we thought we sunk it, but your DOCKED you can still recover it if you mend the holes in the walls. and about the making it to the bottom floor, I had to make it down ONE flight of stairs before I released Moltres, and that would have been enough to make my way to the engine room.

^ my response. why don't you just take a hit? and the part about everyone was there out of free will, ever heard of POW's?

Lord Celebi
10-10-2006, 10:58 PM
note how I said salvage? we thought we sunk it, but your DOCKED you can still recover it if you mend the holes in the walls. and about the making it to the bottom floor, I had to make it down ONE flight of stairs before I released Moltres, and that would have been enough to make my way to the engine room.

^ my response. why don't you just take a hit? and the part about everyone was there out of free will, ever heard of POW's?
Salvage? We're out at sea... If you haven't read my posts. One flight? You have every god damn Aqua after you, and you think you can get to the bottom floor with only Moltres? Moltres using Protect over and over again wouldn't work, because Protect fails some times. Moltres will get shot up, and then you will get shot up.

Suggestion: If a person captures a legendary, they lose their immortality...

I will take a hit, as long as you don't GOD MODE to do it... :rolleyes:

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 11:00 PM
umm hae you payed any attention to the fact that it can manipulate heat to melt led? since you can manipulate magnetics to do stuff I can use heat for prtection.

Lord Celebi
10-10-2006, 11:01 PM
umm hae you payed any attention to the fact that it can manipulate heat to melt led? since you can manipulate magnetics to do stuff I can use heat for prtection.

But you would have had to use the Relic, but you destroyed it so Moltres would be your ally :rolleyes:

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 11:01 PM
there is no way it can't hurt the copter but melt bullets at the same time

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 11:03 PM
umm you really don't pay attention do you? I gave up the Lance and let it become part of moltres again. and about the Helicopter, MANIPULATE heat would allow it to envelope the helicopter, without actually touching it. or if that isn't good enough, it heat-shieled itself and got in the way of incoming fire.

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 11:05 PM
What your saying is a shield enveloped the copter right? at how far a distance because it will still GIVE off heat, I'm not accusing you of cheating I'm just wondering how this is possible.

Dog of Hellsing
10-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Sent, Gonzap, just stop. Also, read my RP post. I'm not posting in the current RP anymore, there's just too much crap going on...

Lord Celebi
10-10-2006, 11:07 PM
umm you really don't pay attention do you? I gave up the Lance and let it become part of moltres again. and about the Helicopter, MANIPULATE heat would allow it to envelope the helicopter, without actually touching it. or if that isn't good enough, it heat-shieled itself and got in the way of incoming fire.

If there was a heat shield around the helicopter, all the heat would go to the inside and the helicopter would melt.

Its essentially like putting a turkey into an oven.

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 11:07 PM
what they started it. anyway who really cares, this is just a practice run anyway. If there is a medieval RP I WILL PWN YOU ALL!!!!!!

about the helicopter, read the last part of my post about it.

Lord Celebi
10-10-2006, 11:14 PM
what they started it. anyway who really cares, this is just a practice run anyway. If there is a medieval RP I WILL PWN YOU ALL!!!!!!

about the helicopter, read the last part of my post about it.

Yes, of course, Aqua started the God-Moding. We also started the trend of having n00bs RP for us. :rolleyes:

Even worse? If you've enveloped the helicopter in a fire veil, you've just put you're turkey into the oven.

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 11:18 PM

THERE! read that. and yes I AM A N00B AT RPING. I have tried hard to become better, but I have had to God-Mode a bit, because me and gonzap are the only people actually trying to keep up on our team.

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Got a point thier just remember I'm new at this to.

Lord Celebi
10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
THERE! read that. and yes I AM A N00B AT RPING. I have tried hard to become better, but I have had to God-Mode a bit, because me and gonzap are the only people actually trying to keep up n our team.

God moding is not acceptable in any way, shape or form. You're the only ones RPing for your team? Deal with it. I was the only Aqua at the end of the Season 5 RP and I got by fine. Syrus was the only TMA at the end of the first WAR RP, and he did fine.

Even if you're a n00b, you still have to follow the rules.

And a heat shield will still melt your helicopter.

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 11:24 PM
NOW your not listening. I said that Moltres Heat-Shielded itself, and then got in the way of incoming fire.

Dog of Hellsing
10-10-2006, 11:25 PM
*Heavy sigh.* Sent, being new at RPing isn't an excuse for god-moding. As rust said, he was the only person RPing for Team Aqua at the end of this year's War RP, as was I. We still got along fine, so that's not really an excuse either.

Now then, in the anime when Team Rocket tried to fry Ash, remember Moltres protected him and made the flames so they didn't burn him? I suppose he could do the same thing here, surrounding a helicopter with fire that isn't hot enough to burn the copter. Then again, what use would that be, since the fire wouldn't be hot enough to melt the bullets if it weren't damaging the plane too? I think it'd be saying too much that Moltres can make the shield cold for the copter and at the same time hot to stop any bullets or whatever.

So really, I guess Moltres could protect HIMSELF with his heat, but not another being (unless it's a Fire type) or something like a plane or boat, because his shield would be useless unless it were hot enough to damage what it was trying to protect.

As a resolve to this issue, let's just say Sent and Gonzap left after the fight with Regigias and Aruseus, okay? No running to the engine room and trying to destroy the engine, no killing dozens of Rocket grunts (because they wouldn't have arrived in time), all that good stuff. We can continue the RP from there, unless everyone wants to just wait for Neo to get on and resolve this whole mess.

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Well I quit. being in an RP isn't worth dealing with rust. Ihope Neo cranks out those new RPs soon, I'm looking forward to finding one without rust in it.

Dog of Hellsing
10-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Well I quit. being in an RP isn't worth dealing with rust. Ihope Neo cranks out those new RPs soon, I'm looking forward to finding one without rust in it.

It's attitudes like that that ruin good RPs.

Sent, you can't sit there and blame rust for his keeping you from doing what you wanted! You wanted to come in and just blow us up without so much as a peep from us, and that's not how things happen in the real world! We're trying to help you out, telling you what can and can't be done, but you want to ignore what's being said to you and god-mode to give yourself an upper hand. *Shakes head.* But fine, if you want to leave you're welcome to, it's your right. I just wish people would stop getting so worked up...

Thoughts: I hope Neo gets on soon so we can fix this whole thing...

Sent Reglay
10-10-2006, 11:35 PM
I really wouldn't minded trying to fix my post, but they wouldn't even tell me what I could hve fixed. all they were doing (rust in particular) was yealling at me for being a n00b and saying godmoding. does that really help? give me an alternative.

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 11:35 PM
If Neo can't manage to fix this somehow ToD is finished....

I move for an immediate lock of the thread.

I g2g I'll be back real soon can't risk leaving to long...thats sad..

~Isaiah

Dog of Hellsing
10-10-2006, 11:48 PM
I really wouldn't minded trying to fix my post, but they wouldn't even tell me what I could hve fixed. all they were doing (rust in particular) was yealling at me for being a n00b and saying godmoding. does that really help? give me an alternative.

Well, like I said, why not just say that you and Gonzap left after the battle with Regigigas and Aruseus? That way, we don't even have to worry about the whole deal concerning Moltres and the fiasco with the engine room and everything else.

EDIT: Nevermind, I don't think I'm posting in the RP anymore until Neo gets on. So unless you feel like it, don't bother editing your posts or whatever. I gotta go for the night, so yeah. I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

Wario
10-11-2006, 12:28 AM
It sounds like a plan. And btw, I wasn't godmodding. I just commanded gigas to use giga atack; I attempted to blow up the room, but Rust, in his next post could have easily stopped me.

Lord Celebi
10-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Please. I told you exactly what you couldn't do. You ignored me, like n00bs do, so I called you a n00b.

I was the only one stopping you from god-moding to the top. If you quit, I have no regrets.
It sounds like a plan. And btw, I wasn't godmodding. I just commanded gigas to use giga atack; I attempted to blow up the room, but Rust, in his next post could have easily stopped me.
You couldn't have even gotten down to the Engine Room.

Yeah! We can get back to normal RPing now!

Neo Emolga
10-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Okay, I did it... >.<

It's really the only way, since things have gotten far too out of hand, and instead of getting RP practice in, people are just yelling at each other, which I'm not happy to see at all...

Just hang tight, I should have some extra time at work to really write these new RPs up, and it won't be like the last one, trust me. Not to mention, with the activity spread out, it will allow more people to take part without the feeling like they need to be active and on PE2K all day in order to stick with the RP storyline. It's too hard for those who are too busy all day to constantly check the RP.

Just give me time, guys.

Lotad
10-11-2006, 12:48 AM
EDIT: Nevermind, I don't think I'm posting in the RP anymore until Neo gets on. So unless you feel like it, don't bother editing your posts or whatever. I gotta go for the night, so yeah. I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

Neo will probably lock the current one with all of the fighting that has been going on with it. And I haven't posted anything for the reasons that I really am not up to moving, and I want to know what Neo will do before I do post in the RP.

SiberianTiger
10-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Neo saves the day!

Its really to bad it had to end this way, but it was just a bit to hectic and everything was messed up, maybe we should post a few rules and regulations on the first page of the Rp?

I'm just glad its getting sorted out.

~Isaiah

Charizard Michelle
10-11-2006, 12:51 AM
That a shame. I was just getting back in the game. I was posting right when you closed the thread Neo. haha. Still ok.

So Neo. ANything you can tell us about these RPs for ToD? Tidbit? Plot and setting?

Neo Emolga
10-11-2006, 12:57 AM
That a shame. I was just getting back in the game. I was posting right when you closed the thread Neo. haha. Still ok.

So Neo. ANything you can tell us about these RPs for ToD? Tidbit? Plot and setting?

I'm still working on it though. I didn't really get down to writing it due to the fact I needed to finish up a spreadsheet thing at work, and then went to a job fair which took up a lot of my afternoon away.

They will be good RPs though, I would honestly be surprised if someone can't find one they can enjoy.

I'll get to writing them now though, but I definitely won't finish tonight. I'm trying though, and I'm sorry things had to come to this, but it was just too chaotic to let it continue.

But... I do have to ask another question, which does come as a bit of a surprise...

Does everyone still want the Battleship campaign thing going on after all, or does everyone just want it to be team RPing and nothing more?

SiberianTiger
10-11-2006, 01:00 AM
Good question, hmm I don't know I guess thats up to the team leader seens how thats who it effects directly.

~Isaiah

Charizard Michelle
10-11-2006, 01:02 AM
Good question, hmm I don't know I guess thats up to the team leader seens how thats who it effects directly.

~Isaiah

Agreed. I say yes so it be more then just an RP event. Still it the leaders vote since they are effected by them.

Poltergeist
10-11-2006, 01:13 AM
I agree that without the Battle ship it would be just another RP, that and we would have to change the name. I think it would be a fun little extra but obviously wou would have to talk to the leaders of our organizations.

Finallly I hope you aren't to dissapointed at how this ended Neo because you did give it your all and I truthfully loved the plot. Team Rocket I assure you will try better next RP and learn from our mistakes so that this doesn't occur again.

Deoxysfan3
10-11-2006, 01:34 AM
We need to seriously cut down on the number of posts by each person. I am about to dropout of the Tides because I can't follow.

Enishi
10-11-2006, 01:39 AM
There weren't really any Delta members RPing. I think two or three and that's it. How many signed up?

Dr Scott
10-11-2006, 01:57 AM
~ First off, it's not Neo's fault this thing went cwazy. It's ours.

Second off, I'd personally rather it not be a Battleship, I've never even played the game (But yet, I know all about it) ... It's just not really the game for me. Though, I'd be more then happy to sign up for a not-battleship one. I would be happy to see the people who do want to do the Battleship thing get what they desire, and I might even join. Heck, the reason I joined ToD was to roleplay though, I never really wanted to have to deal with hits and where to strike and what to buy ... But again, if people want to do it I say let them do it, because it's a good idea, just not one for me.

And I retract my previous statement, Magic CAN be done right if used correctly. Just very limited / choose one or two from a list kind of thing ...

Anyways, I would love to see a Greek / Japanese / Camelot type, though I've already given all my thoughts on that, so to say more would be redundant. And you know what they say about that. You're a Re-Dund-Ant! HAHAHA!

Yes, I know that makes no sense.

*Tips his hat to Neo*,
Scott

SiberianTiger
10-11-2006, 02:09 AM
like I said before it really only affect Neo, and the leaders, though I will say if we don't have the battleship thing it will leave more time for neo to focus on the actual Rp and ect.

~Isaiah

Caite-chan
10-11-2006, 02:14 AM
There weren't really any Delta members RPing. I think two or three and that's it. How many signed up?
There were more Delta people than there were Rockets.

Lotad
10-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Alot have... it's just that people are becoming tired of the Rocket and Aqua God War... :/

Second off, I'd personally rather it not be a Battleship, I've never even played the game (But yet, I know all about it) ... It's just not really the game for me. Though, I'd be more then happy to sign up for a not-battleship one. I would be happy to see the people who do want to do the Battleship thing get what they desire, and I might even join. Heck, the reason I joined ToD was to roleplay though, I never really wanted to have to deal with hits and where to strike and what to buy ... But again, if people want to do it I say let them do it, because it's a good idea, just not one for me.
Same with me. The Battleship thing really isn't needed if you can just score points with RPing...

And I retract my previous statement, Magic CAN be done right if used correctly. Just very limited / choose one or two from a list kind of thing ...
That's true... I can handle being a limited spellcaster... ^^

Anyways, I would love to see a Greek / Japanese / Camelot type, though I've already given all my thoughts on that, so to say more would be redundant. And you know what they say about that. You're a Re-Dund-Ant! HAHAHA!
Japanese is primary for me... though I could easily do a Camelot type, and I am sure no one would want to do an Ancient Chinese... ;_;

Sent Reglay
10-11-2006, 02:15 AM
sorry I was acting like a n00b earlier. I realize that most of the reason it got out of hand was my fault. I promise to try harder next time. seriously.

Caite-chan
10-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Alot have... it's just that people are becoming tired of the Rocket and Aqua God War... :/

I just get tiered of rust and his whole army bullcrap that we can't touch because he has this unlimited Aqua Grunts and makes it look like half the world is on his side.