PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Federal Election June 28

Kenny_C.002
06-29-2004, 03:17 AM
You know, I should have posted this thread earlier.

Anyway, as it stands right now, it looks like the Liberal party will be heading into a minority government with the NDP as the part of its coalition. Conservative looks to be the leader of opposition and le partie Quebecois looks to be another deciding factor if indeed it is the minority government. How do you feel?

Leaders of the 3 major parties:
Martin - Liberal
Harper - Conservative
Layton - NDP

As I said, looks like Martin will need to co-operate with Layton. There are also speculations that there might be another federal election in 12 months. This might be another factor to consider.

mlugia
07-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Well, it's Martin. Considering minorities average barely over a year in lifespan, I'll be old enough to vote for the next election.

Problems with this election:

The parties suck.

Conservative: Dropping the Progressive part of it, they seem overly right winged, and the idea of an extremist government doesn't appeal to many.

NDP: The other side of the scale. A little bit farther left and it might just merge with the communist party. In all reality, NDP has the best promises of all 4 major parties, but the problem is that history has shown then to be promising things they can't deliver, and they're very fiscally irresponsible.

Bloc: The goal of the Bloc: Answering the question "WHY IS QUEBEC EXCLUDED". Canada doesn't matter.

Liberals: Sponsorship scandal, Gun registry, and ESPECIALLY Dalton McGinty and other things brought down their trustworthiness. If they promise to cut taxes, how do we know they won't go and make another "health premium"? As well, they've ruled the country for quite a while, and franky, Canada hasn't gotten anywhere, except maybe have outdated machines for peacekeeping.

Another problem is the issues.

The Issues are irrelevant to youths.

How many 18 year olds do you know that care about RRSP or Two tier Healthcare? Why not tackle issues like Music Piracy laws and things like that? Attract the voters, not bore them to death.

And come the next election, I honestly don't know who to vote for. Maybe the Green party.

Kenny_C.002
07-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Unless it's coalition, it's gonna be another election next year. lol

Anyway, I don't know about who I'm voting for either. Really Liberals can't do crap. Conservatives are idiots. NDP showed promise (I mean Layton looked most promising of them all), but might not be up to the job in the end. Bloc is pro-independence to begin with and doesn't want to do with anything other than Quebec. Green Party will never make it in, like the highest record they'll ever have is 3 seats...

So I don't know either, probably NDP, Bloc (they don't even have ridings outside of Quebec), or green party. lol

mlugia
07-02-2004, 02:40 AM
Yeah, the one thing about NDP though is that to accomplish their goals, they might just raise all taxes by like 50% (exaggeration) or risk not being able to fulfill their promises, and I mean, the last NDP gov't in Ontario's done very poorly, leaving a huge deficit at the end of their term and leaving behind higher taxes and stuff like that, and nothing's improved.