PDA

View Full Version : White Goths?

Random1
01-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Me and my friend are thinking of making a statement, becoming white goths. Instead of wearing all black, I thought it would be pretty cool. Thoughts?

Deoxysfan3
01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
I don't think this topic should really be talked about.

ZadokRox
01-30-2007, 11:06 PM
When I saw 'White Goths', I thought "Aren't most goths white?". Perhaps you should have the mods change the name of the thread to 'Goths in White Clothes'.

That's an interesting idea drmrboy11 (though that sounds like something I saw on 'Yu-Gi-Oh! GX' with the vampires in white clothes). I say go for it.

Btw, if you have any female friends who's going to be involved in this, see if you can convince them to put on their lipstick like Queen Amidala did in 'Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace'. You know, full lipstick on the top lip and then just one streak in the middle.

Obsidian
01-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Actually Gothic people aren't Gothic. Gothic is an art style that has absolutely nothing to do with clothes. Do what you want to but though.

-O

lugia_ho-oh
01-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Actually Gothic people aren't Gothic. Gothic is an art style that has absolutely nothing to do with clothes. Do what you want to but though.

-O

That's allways wha tI wondered about it. It probally has somthing to do eith word origans, though. Now that's jsut palying weird, but ok.

Matt
01-30-2007, 11:25 PM

-O
You're referring to the Medieval Gothic art style. You can also use Goth in the sense of the Germanic tribes of the 3rd and 4th centuries, the Visigoths and Ostrogoths.

But drmrboy is correct in his use of it, as it is a musical and visual trend from the 80's through the present day as well.

Kenny_C.002
01-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Take gothic further back, and you have the famous Edgar Allen Poe. That's pretty much the original gothic art style, as I can't recall anything gothic earlier in time scale. Goth = grand decay. :3

Obsidian
01-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Actually goth is a sub-trend of early punk. Punk was formed by people making their own clothes because money was hard to make. Some believe it originated in England and others believe it originated in the US.

-O

Matt
01-31-2007, 01:54 AM
Actually goth is a sub-trend of early punk. Punk was formed by people making their own clothes because money was hard to make. Some believe it originated in England and others believe it originated in the US.

-O
That doesn't mean it can't be a style. It just means it grew from another style.

karmachameleon
01-31-2007, 02:05 AM
plum clothes > white clothes

Charbok
01-31-2007, 02:11 AM
plum clothes > white clothes

plum crazy? it sounds llike a statement, but it probably wouldnt look that good

karmachameleon
01-31-2007, 02:21 AM

plum crazy - best color ever

Charbok
01-31-2007, 02:23 AM
plum crazy - best color ever
do you ever hold any relevancy?

karmachameleon
01-31-2007, 02:26 AM
do you ever hold any relevancy?

i was just saying i thought it would be cool if goth people wore white clothes, but it would be cooler if it was plum crazy instead.

ZadokRox
01-31-2007, 02:29 AM

There used to be a nightclub in my general area called Plum Crazy. It was for mainstream young adults.

Back on topic: Yeah, go with the all-white clothing. Just remember that keeping them clean looking will be tough.

Charbok
01-31-2007, 02:29 AM
There used to be a nightclub in my general area called Plum Crazy. It was for mainstream young adults.

Back on topic: Yeah, go with the all-white clothing. Just remember that keeping them clean looking will be tough.

no, i say be original and wear all black

death_metal_lawn_gnome
01-31-2007, 03:53 AM
interesting, ya id say go for it, i like black, i wear alot of black, im what you you picture when you think of "that death metal kid"

skiboydoggy
01-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Personally? I say:
"Please, God no, no more Goths wearing whatever colour!"

ZiVixx
01-31-2007, 11:36 AM
It wouldn't be great for me... my favorite color is white:sad:

xxxSakura
01-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Personally I am a Punk Lollita since I prefer it over Gothic Lollitas, but a white Goth won't be the same, it must have a new name >D

Katera
01-31-2007, 06:55 PM
What's the point? 'Goth' isn't black cloth. That's just the stereotypical view on a 'goth'. i.e: "He's dressed in black; he's suicidal; he has dark hair, wears makeup and he listens to death metal (or some form of heavy rock/metal genre)." Something like that. That's false, isn't it? Yes. Who says gothic equals black cloth/death, etc? Gothic equals gothic. At most, it's a kind of dress-sense which is quite extravagant and elegant.

Wearing black cloth means you're wearing black cloth. There's nothing more to it.

Basically I'm saying "this is a pointless discussion". x

Random1
01-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Cool. Here is it more in depth. You can wear white and sometimes dark blue. You don't have to be uncheerful, just zen, or neutral. Anything else anyone thinks should be added in can just post here. You are right, it should have a new name.

silverfrost
01-31-2007, 08:58 PM
lol, I like this thread. :]

Ooooor- it shouldn't have a name at all, and people should try to make a "statement" with their personality rather than their appearance, but whateva.

Myst3rio565
01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
I wear black to express what I listen to and my personality.....I love metal (heavy, thrash, etc.) I also like Rock (hard, alternative, rap/rock, etc.) and I wear black....Does not mean I'm goth, I like life, why were living, I like talking and not being anti-social......It's just a color.....

Obsidian
01-31-2007, 11:38 PM
That doesn't mean it can't be a style. It just means it grew from another style.

I don't believe I ever said that the modern day trend called "goth" or "gothic" couldn't be a trend. I just simply stated where it came from.

-O

top8inUSA
01-31-2007, 11:48 PM
I've seen a white goth. Unless you want to be called an "evil angel from hell" for the rest of your life, I suggest you don't.

xxxSakura
02-01-2007, 11:20 AM
What's the point? 'Goth' isn't black cloth. That's just the stereotypical view on a 'goth'. i.e: "He's dressed in black; he's suicidal; he has dark hair, wears makeup and he listens to death metal (or some form of heavy rock/metal genre)." Something like that. That's false, isn't it? Yes. Who says gothic equals black cloth/death, etc? Gothic equals gothic. At most, it's a kind of dress-sense which is quite extravagant and elegant.

Wearing black cloth means you're wearing black cloth. There's nothing more to it.

Actually, what I meant is that Gothic Lollita actually refers to really spunky clothes in dark colours. And black and white are not considered as scientific colours.

So, it should have another name, IMO. That'll make it seem more original.

skiboydoggy
02-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Actually, what I meant is that Gothic Lollita actually refers to really spunky clothes in dark colours. And black and white are not considered as scientific colours.

So, it should have another name, IMO. That'll make it seem more original.
Lolitas are really ho... Cute.
I remain behind my statement of less goths. Go ahead and write gothic, just make sure it's good.

Zenaku
02-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Eh, it's been done.

In .hack//G.U. Vol3, not only is the character Aina a white Goth, she's a Goth Loli to boot (The game calls her a Goth Loli specifically). It does work well though.

miyoun
02-01-2007, 07:19 PM

This is why I love you Kat.

:]

Orange_Flaaffy
02-02-2007, 05:13 AM
Me and my friend are thinking of making a statement, becoming white goths. Instead of wearing all black, I thought it would be pretty cool. Thoughts?
White in Japan is actually on the same level as black is in the US so many gothic characters wear all white in anime to show their evil side ;)

Callum
02-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I hate to sound mean, but I laughed when I read the first post. You shouldn't feel the need to make a statement. And doing something so, outrageous as labelling yourself a "white goth", is a little laughable. I personally don't think that there is anything cool about acting gothic. I can't understand the appeal. That's my oppinion. If you want to make a statement, get a cool talent which people respect. Respect and getting noticed are different things entirely. =D

xxxSakura
02-03-2007, 12:44 PM
I hate to sound mean, but I laughed when I read the first post. You shouldn't feel the need to make a statement. And doing something so, outrageous as labelling yourself a "white goth", is a little laughable. I personally don't think that there is anything cool about acting gothic. I can't understand the appeal. That's my oppinion. If you want to make a statement, get a cool talent which people respect. Respect and getting noticed are different things entirely. =D
Lol... Outrageous and straight-forward as usual, ne? XP Well, I don't like gothic and emo people, but still, I'm trying to give a piece of advice here. Gothic usually refers to dark colours, but, mya, I guess there are exceptions o.O

skiboydoggy
02-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Lol... Outrageous and straight-forward as usual, ne? XP Well, I don't like gothic and emo people, but still, I'm trying to give a piece of advice here. Gothic usually refers to dark colours, but, mya, I guess there are exceptions o.O
Not so much dark colours as a general darkness. A complete lack of colour is also perfectly gothic.
See: White/Purple dressed gothic lolitas in anime.
Besides, what Callum said is perfectly true. Give it up.

Orange_Flaaffy
02-03-2007, 04:10 PM
There is nothing wrong with making a statement, as long as you don't become bitter, start beating people up, or join a gang becuase of it.

The world would be a dull place if no one ever dressed up to show their personality. While I never liked the goths much when I was in high school I still thought they were brave for dressing however they wanted to.

And emo, well I just don't like that label at all, it's become more of a thing to tease people with when we they show even a little emotion (which is normal and good for the human mind) rather than anything to do with clothing :P.

As I understand it, I dressed emo in high school before there was that label..

So, becuase I predate the label (at least in common everyday usage like it is used now) I can say that really, it is not enough of a fashion that it really needs one to began with :P

* Puts down her two cents and rolls up in a wooly ball*

Callum
02-03-2007, 05:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with making a statement, as long as you don't become bitter, start beating people up, or join a gang becuase of it.

The world would be a dull place if no one ever dressed up to show their personality. While I never liked the goths much when I was in high school I still thought they were brave for dressing however they wanted to.

So, becuase I predate the label (at least in common everyday usage like it is used now) I can say that really, it is not enough of a fashion that it really needs one to began with :P

* Puts down her two cents and rolls up in a wooly ball*

Your right what you say, making a statement through your clothes. Don't get me wrong, I like to express myself through my clothes too, but just more subtly. It is just so extreme to do something as silly. You have to draw the line between making a statement and making yourself a fool. :oops: Sure, it's brave to wear all white clothes, and be gothic, but I would call it extreme.

Orange_Flaaffy
02-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Your right what you say, making a statement through your clothes. Don't get me wrong, I like to express myself through my clothes too, but just more subtly. It is just so extreme to do something as silly. You have to draw the line between making a statement and making yourself a fool. :oops: Sure, it's brave to wear all white clothes, and be gothic, but I would call it extreme.
But what matters is what you think of what you are wearing, not what anyone else thinks. If they think you are a fool than let them think that, if they ever get to know you for yourself rather than how you dress than they will see what a good person you are. If they don't than they are not ever going to be your friends and it does'nt matter all that much :)