PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon D/P... WHY?!

earth_type_rule
02-25-2007, 07:29 PM
As you all know, Diamond and pearl will be on the DS. For those people on the normal advance, or either an SP have to buy a DS too play the game.

Fair? or no fair?

EDIT: oops, sorry for the typo at advance there!

Negative Zone
02-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Even though I have a DS I still think it's unfair.

Ridley
02-25-2007, 07:31 PM
I own a DS so I dont care, as long as I can get it. :P

I've already put money down for it, anyway.

Legendary Wolf
02-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Screw those two above I own one so I dont care :P

Pooka
02-25-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm one of those people who might have to buy a DS but its happened before with gameboy to gameboy advance so I wouldn't say its unfair.

Leman
02-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I own one, but they should have one for the SP.

AquaMeowth
02-25-2007, 07:57 PM
:tongue: Truthfully, if they made one for Sp and Advance, the people that bought there copy for those two, woudn't have the same features. The reason they really put it on DS, is because Ds has Wi-Fi capilbilities, if they put it on Sp and GBA they would have to do alot more to the game so people could enjoy it...:oops:

earth_type_rule
02-25-2007, 07:57 PM
totally agree. I have better things to buy, like SW2E and PS3 with a cool game. DS will have no room in the spotlight for me

@ AquaMeowth: Meh so what! Just get the Whireless trade/ battle thingy and away you go! No need for WiFi on the DS :/

Tory vs Meaty II
02-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Dude, it is fair, I am sick of GBA Pokemon games, DS came out since 2004, so it is fair that D/P is on Ds, and in 2007, I am sick of people thinking it is unfair, GBA is getting freaking old now. They could of made Emerald Verison on the DS.

Lord Voldemort
02-25-2007, 10:58 PM
If it was on SP, then we wouldn't have any WiFi, and thats the pwnagest thing about D/P.

Charbok
02-25-2007, 10:58 PM
oh yea, it sure is unfair. they should never stop making games for old systems. seriously, what do you expect them to do? they cant just keep making games for older systems. quit complaining! do you think its unfair that they didn't make R/s/e for GB? id keep giving reasons but typing on a wii gets annoying.

Nirvash
02-25-2007, 11:04 PM
:tongue: Truthfully, if they made one for Sp and Advance, the people that bought there copy for those two, woudn't have the same features. The reason they really put it on DS, is because Ds has Wi-Fi capilbilities, if they put it on Sp and GBA they would have to do alot more to the game so people could enjoy it...:oops:

Sumed up right there.

With the Wi-Fi, it's much better. However, a lot of people just want to people and don't care about Wi-Fi. In that case, then I think it's unfair. But they don't care what we think. They just try to keep up to date. :P

Lord Voldemort
02-25-2007, 11:05 PM
totally agree. I have better things to buy, like SW2E and PS3 with a cool game. DS will have no room in the spotlight for me

@ AquaMeowth: Meh so what! Just get the Whireless trade/ battle thingy and away you go! No need for WiFi on the DS :/

Theres no "Whireless trade/ battle thingy" as you call it (and its wireless). Theres Netbattle, but anyone can make any team they desire, without doing anything.

oh yea, it sure is unfair. they should never stop making games for old systems. seriously, what do you expect them to do? they cant just keep making games for older systems. quit complaining! do you think its unfair that they didn't make R/s/e for GB? id keep giving reasons but typing on a wii gets annoying.

Cool! Typing on a wii!

Gamedude
02-26-2007, 12:39 PM
they have it on the DS for the pokepark upload thing were you have your fire red game or what every in the bottom and D or P in the top then you can upload any pokemon from that game on to D or P

earth_type_rule
02-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Alright, basicly people are telling the truth about buying a new console, since they won't make older ones. But Why did they make PMD for GBA/SP too than?

And it's also a small detail that I only want Pokemon D/P, and nothing else. Would be waste of money.

Shozuka
02-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Emerald should have been on the DS you know!

Making D/P on the SP is like making Pokemon Stadium on the Super Nintendo.

earth_type_rule
02-26-2007, 07:17 PM

well, they could have made a last blast on the GBA/SP though. Just like other producers do.

Seawolf
02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
I got my DS for free, so I could care less.

Honestly, Nintendo is a major company, they are going to release all their new, exciting handheld games for the DS because they want you to buy their products. If you can't shell out the money for one, then tough luck. You could always get a used one, or wait until the price gets lowered.

Horus
02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Though it may not seem fair it is. I have a GBA SP and wish for D/P to be on it, it won't work. Nintendo has to appeal to the popular majority. The popular majority in Japan and the US would be the consumers with the DS. If it weren't for the DS, they might lose thier money.

~Strider

Razzmatazz
02-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Its fair. The DS has been out for what, three years now? Plenty of time to upgrade.

:rambo:

Vaporeon
02-26-2007, 11:52 PM
I already own a DS, so I don't care if its fair or not. Hey, life's tough. :oops:

Soda
02-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Ive got a color,advance,SP,and DS so I really could care less ummm if your gonna use a SP then fine but come on like everyone says Its came out three years ago:rolleyes: and
in three years you can get some money do sometin I mean the price has lowered how much are they 100 bux well in three years you cant get that im sure you could get a used
one for 50 bux maybe lower so honesly i shouldnt be waisting my time giving my fingers the burden but hey my opinion(its true maybe or am i just full of it you decide:smile::rolleyes:

Tory vs Meaty II
02-27-2007, 12:35 AM

Yeah, same thing I just said while ago.

Espeon EX
02-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Heck i don't even care for the others, I own 2 DS's, ones black camo and the other one is a bllack lite.

Nirvash
02-27-2007, 12:49 AM
I don't care anymore. I have a regular that still works. A Color that still works. An advance that still works. An SP that still works. And a DS that still works. :P

Tory vs Meaty II
02-27-2007, 01:14 AM
There is something else I have to say too:

Red Verison = Game Boy
Blue Verison = Game Boy
Green Verson = Game Boy

Yellow Verison = Game Boy Color

Gold Verison = Game Boy Color
Silver Verison = Game Boy Color
Crystal Verison = Game Boy Color

Ruby Verison = GBA
Sapphire Verison = GBA

Fire Red Verison = GBA
Leaf Green = GBA

Emerald Verison = GBA

Nintendo DS = 2004

D/P = Nintendo = 2007

So you guys had all of them years to buy a Nintendo DS and you guys are complaining about D/P for the DS? Get a grip. The Nintendo only cost $120 - $150. I would be very piss off if I found out if that Diamond & Pearl was for GBA, then it would be stupid if they come out with a new Nintendo handheld this year when that happends. Do you know how old is the Nintendo DS is? And you guys had all three years, I got a job to get, and people who want a 2007 Pokemon GBA game, trust me, it will kind of fell the same as the previous GBA games, and you will get tired of D/P so quick, and then you guys will complain agian.

And the people who say that they don't care about it, they have a Nintendo DS, is just, ... stingy. That is on you guys, not me.

Professor Geoffrey
02-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I don't have to worry. I have DS and DS Lite. :D

The only thing about systems I hate, is that the DS and DS Lite can't play GBC games. I was afraid of this when the DS came out.

Pearl Player
02-27-2007, 02:10 AM
Saying this is unfair is like saying that the ones one GBA/SP are unfair to the people who had only a GBC or GB. Also the DS has all the features like wi-fi and wireless stuff, better graphics, and a lot more. ^_^ So no, I don't think this is unfair.

earth_type_rule
02-27-2007, 02:47 PM
eh, than I know enough about this subject :/

Mods can close this if they like.

Neo Emolga
02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I have a DS, I think the change is necessary at this point. Look at the game itself, I doubt the same features would be possible on the SP.

Draconic_Espeon
02-27-2007, 11:46 PM
No fair. Man, I want a DS... T_T

Ultima Boss
02-28-2007, 07:33 AM
I own a DS, and the "two above" should buy a DS as well. After all, you can play your GBA games on there. If you really need a link-up then go buy a cheap, used GBA.

Iridium
02-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Yes, it is unfair. I don't have a DS. I think they should release DP for SP too.

Laxee-BB
03-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Screw you It's been out for how long:rolleyes:
And if they would have made just another game for the SP
and Advamce it wouldn't be new or cool I mean no WiFi or
anything.And they gave you a break with Mystery Dungeon

burnedmagix
03-09-2007, 04:06 AM
I have a ds and a dslite.My ds is getting you know,worked up.Almost broken.D/P is gonna come out on april 22 ...

Lonsie
03-09-2007, 05:32 AM
Screw the two above, I already own a DS :)

As seen in my above qoute, I already own a DS and a DS lite. Yay me! :)

Ryouseiken
03-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Heh, I also got a Nintendo DS, so yeah, you can guess which choice I picked. XP