PDA

View Full Version : Proposal: Breeding

Lord Celebi
08-17-2004, 02:11 AM
Okay, I came up with this a little while ago. Lep, tell me what ya think (And everyone else).

You put 2 Pokemon in the Day Care Center (Which if you like my proposal, would have me as the old guy) which is just one Topic. In the first post, it explans the day care idea. In the second it has a list of all the people and then what 2 pokemon they have in here and if they have made an egg yet. This would be an example:

rust: Marshtomp and Azumarill EGG STATUS: Complete.

If the 2 Pokemon were in the Day Care Center for 24 hours, an egg will be made, though the pokemon have to be compatible (They wont be allowed in if they're non-compatible). The person who dropped off the pokemon can then pick up the pokemon and the egg and have to pay a small fee (Maybe $200 per Pokemon every 6 hours) which would go toward paying our breeders.

When you have the egg, you have to go through a certain number of battles with the egg in your party before it hatches (Depending on the Pokemon). So for example. If I was going to have a 2 on 2 Battle, and I had an egg, I would have Marshtomp as my only useable Pokemon, and my egg would be the second.

After the certain amount of battles are completed. The Egg Hatches. The Pokemon in the Egg and the Moveset for it are given to the person when they pick up their egg and Pokemon.

This would be a way to get Egg Moves and maybe Gonbe (Lol, though I dont think you'd go for that one lep). This is a well thought out challenging way (It would bring back the old URPGers who wanted Egg Moves) to get Egg Moves. Also, Sea and Lax Inscese could be sold at the Pokemart for breeding.

Jhem
08-17-2004, 03:05 AM
I'm sorry, Rust, but I kindof like Mana's idea better. Listen to what he has to say:
In terms of Move tutor, since they are FRLG's way of saying TMs, would they not be allowed when FRLG comes out in the fall? (Like, buying a TM and using it, since Move Tutors in FRLG are basically TMs in RBY... so like, wtf? :p)

Fyi, the breeding suggestion was this:

Item: Pocket Breeder (Or whatever fancy name)
$10,000 (adjustable)
Effect:
1) Max of 2 may be equipped to each pokemon (One use Item, btw).
2) Effect of a TM. Teaches the pokemon one of its breeding moves.

Basically, get breeding moves via the same idea behind a TM?

The one thing I would change are the name and the idea of it. It'll work the exact same way as Mana's, but just said differently. Instead of a pocket breeder, it could be a DNA injection that allows the Pokčmon to be able to learn one of its hereditary moves. For instance, for a move like Double-Edge, there would be a MI(move injection):Double-Edge. All of the different MI's (a catchy name I jsut thought of :biggrin: ) can have their own number, like TM's or HM's. And each injection can run up to costs of 10-15,000 dollars, because if they're inexpensive, then there will be a major rush to get to them, some mons learn hereditary moves that make it twice as hard to defeat than they would have been before. And, the same, There would be a limit of 1or 2 hereditary moves that a monster could learn. The limit would be to make sure, once again, that some mons can't get too powerful to defeat.

Basically, I think breeding itself is not that great of an idea. Because people would keep breeding and breeding and it would make the Story Capture thing obsolete. I think I would rather work harder by writing a story to get a mon, just like everybody else, rather than just getting it in a trade from someone. EVEN THOUGH WRITING TO GET A MON IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE! The graders really need to cool down on their grading. But I'm not saying that they should just nearly let someone catch like a Chansey or something else extremely rare.

mlugia
08-17-2004, 03:22 AM
MI: move name a much harder idea to execute because the breeding moves vary WAY too much, which means if someone has to go through the ENTIRE movelist to check it out, it'd easily add 250+ MIs to the pokemart, which is why the general purpose pocket breeder.

And as for general breeding:

Breeding is of course a great idea, but as the Read First thread says, it's overly complicated just to pull off, and requires people who are dedicated to the URPG to a T working overtime just to pull it off, which would end up killing all the workers...

Jhem
08-17-2004, 03:25 AM
Okay, well, instead of having numbers, then you could just ask for a hereditary move injection.. I mean... pocket breeder. I know it's a good name, but we won't actually be breeding. :think:

Lord Celebi
08-17-2004, 04:34 AM
I'm sorry, Rust, but I kindof like Mana's idea better. Listen to what he has to say:

The one thing I would change are the name and the idea of it. It'll work the exact same way as Mana's, but just said differently. Instead of a pocket breeder, it could be a DNA injection that allows the Pokčmon to be able to learn one of its hereditary moves. For instance, for a move like Double-Edge, there would be a MI(move injection):Double-Edge. All of the different MI's (a catchy name I jsut thought of :biggrin: ) can have their own number, like TM's or HM's. And each injection can run up to costs of 10-15,000 dollars, because if they're inexpensive, then there will be a major rush to get to them, some mons learn hereditary moves that make it twice as hard to defeat than they would have been before. And, the same, There would be a limit of 1or 2 hereditary moves that a monster could learn. The limit would be to make sure, once again, that some mons can't get too powerful to defeat.

Basically, I think breeding itself is not that great of an idea. Because people would keep breeding and breeding and it would make the Story Capture thing obsolete. I think I would rather work harder by writing a story to get a mon, just like everybody else, rather than just getting it in a trade from someone. EVEN THOUGH WRITING TO GET A MON IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE! The graders really need to cool down on their grading. But I'm not saying that they should just nearly let someone catch like a Chansey or something else extremely rare.
You'd only get an egg for the Female. You wouldnt get a random Pokemon. Also, depending on the move (How effective it is) there is a lower chance to get a better move, and the only way to get 2 egg moves on a Pokemon is for both the parents to know that move.

JohtoTrainer
08-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Sorry Rust, but that won't work, it's too confusing. The URPG tried something similar to that back in the day, it failed miserably. Mana's Pocket Breeder is perfect for the URPG.

Marth
08-17-2004, 08:56 PM
I like mana's idea, and limit it to only 2 breeding moves.

koolcurtis
08-18-2004, 02:16 AM
This won't work. What would happen to the mon you already tm'ed? This would be a waste of time and money if you had to tm another one up.

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 02:27 AM
This won't work. What would happen to the mon you already tm'ed? This would be a waste of time and money if you had to tm another one up.
This is for Egg moves. And if BOTH Parents knew a TM/HM/Egg Move/Move Tutor Move, the Egg would know it along with an Egg Move (Unless the egg move randomly chosen was known by both parents).

koolcurtis
08-18-2004, 03:04 AM
But then you can start with one pkmn with tm's and then after the breeding you have 2 pkmn with the same tm's and then people would trade the pkmn away. This would create too many pkmn for people. It's basically duplicating the same mon. If someone has a chansey they can duplicate it and trade it to other people and everyone says chansey is rare, but this way chansey would become a common mon. :neutral:

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 03:12 AM
But then you can start with one pkmn with tm's and then after the breeding you have 2 pkmn with the same tm's and then people would trade the pkmn away. This would create too many pkmn for people. It's basically duplicating the same mon. If someone has a chansey they can duplicate it and trade it to other people and everyone says chansey is rare, but this way chansey would become a common mon. :neutral:
That's if its a female.

Well, maybe there can also be a limit for how many times you can breed a Pokemon (Say you can have one egg for each Egg Mvoe it has the potential to learn).

JohtoTrainer
08-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Chansey is ALWAYS female. Sp everybody in the whole damn URPG would have a Chansey. It just won't work. I hope Jack let's Mana have his Pocket Breeder thing, it's an awesome idea.

Jack of Clovers
08-18-2004, 09:33 PM
here's my idea. i think breeding moves should be harder to learn, since they take time in the game. so check my layout for the breeding idea.
--------
URPG Daycare Center

Welcome. You have stumbled upon a great business opportunity. Let's get you going on learning those Breeding Moves.

Here's what you get when you sign up:

Payment- $10,000 to the Daycare
Pokemon- You may drop off 1 or 2 Pokemon.
Duration- One full week stay from the time you post.
Breeding Move- You select only 1 move for each Pokemon to learn for this week.

Rules:
(1) Only 5 Trainers can have their Pokemon at the Daycare at any given time. So at most 10 Pokemon can be looked after from 5 different Trainers.

(2) A single Pokemon can learn a maximum of 2 Breeding Moves.

(3) You cannot make another visit until 2 weeks from your original drop-off post. This is to give other people a chance to use the Daycare.

(4) The Pokemon to learn the move may not learn a Breeding Move that is given to them as a TM.

Ex. Abra can't learn Fire Punch through Breeding because it can already learn it from a TM.
Ex2. Mr. Mime can learn Giga Drain through Breeding because it can't learn it from a TM.

(5) Pokemon that can't be breed are useless here and cannot learn any moves.

Ex. Magnemite, Staryu

(6) The Pokemon evolution line can learn what the lowest can through normal Breeding. The Pokemon can be evolved or not evolved, it can still learn the Breeding Moves.

Ex. Charizard can learn Bite just like Charmander can.

(7) In order to drop of a Pokemon, you need to have more than 1 Pokemon in your party. Can't let you walk around without a Pokemon on your belt. :P

*Extra Important*
Your Pokemon stay at the Daycare for a week. That means you can't use it for a battle, trade, anything. It stays in the Daycare. However, if you do take it out (purpose or accidental) there will be a $1,000 fine and your Pokemon has to start a new week to relearn the move. Rule 3 still applies in this case.

There will be Daycare Employees to help out in case of trouble or questions. They will check your Pokemon and the move you want to teach it to make sure it is valid. Once you post, your Pokemon stays here unless an Employee disagrees. So you don't have to be approved, you can only be disapproved.

Now, for your stats. You MUST put with your Pokemon which Breeding Moves it has learned. This is for all Refs and Mods to know and check to make sure no one is cheating the Daycare Center. If you are caught cheating, like everything else, there will be penalties.

Thanks and please make yourself at home.
--------
~Jack~

Tamer San
08-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Very good Jack, I actually liked the idea. It is mana's actually, still loved it. And I guess it will work just fine ^^

Lord Celebi
08-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Oh... Nice idea Lep.

JoshE
08-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Great Idea Jack. I could help you run the Pokemon Breeding Center if you would like. I'm pretty active and you need a very active members to run it.

mlugia
08-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Jack, that idea is great!

Definately a topic to bring up at the meeting!

JohtoTrainer
08-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Great work Jack that is awesome, I can't make it to the meeting so *cries*

Lord Celebi
08-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Great work Jack that is awesome, I can't make it to the meeting so *cries*
Same, I dont even have AIM.

And Lep, I could help too,

Marth
08-19-2004, 08:14 PM
BTW, is it 10,000 per pokémon per move or just for a week in the day care?
And, another thing......aren't we having control on some breeding moves?
For example, there could be a pokemon that can learn both rock slide and outrage from breeding, but can only learn ONE of them at a time. There will be no limits in this case?
Marth.
Everything else is kool, but I think there are many stickies in this "General" board. Can't you make an extra one, where we put all the Pokemart, Auctions, Daycare and that stuff?

Matthew
08-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Is it possible to create a Sub forum for that stuff?

tonytrainer
08-20-2004, 07:55 PM
The idea is great Jack!
I could also help u out!

Jack of Clovers
09-02-2004, 06:04 AM
ok, here's the updated format for the Breeding Center idea.
----------------
URPG Daycare Center

Welcome. You have stumbled upon a great business opportunity. Let's get you going on learning those Breeding Moves.

Here's what you do when you sign up:

Payment- $10,000 to the Daycare
Pokemon- You may drop off 1 or 2 Pokemon.
Breeding Move- You select only 1 move for each Pokemon to learn for their time here.
Duration- 3, 4, or 5 days depending.
-Three Days-
Lowest Evolution form
-Four Days-
Second Evolution form
-Five Days-
Third Evolution form and Non-Evolutions

Rules:
(1) Only 10 Trainers can have their Pokemon at the Daycare at any given time. So at most 20 Pokemon can be looked after.

(2) A single Pokemon can learn a maximum of 2 Breeding Moves. That means it takes two visits for that Pokemon to learn any two moves it can through breeding.

(3) You cannot make another visit until 1 week from when you leave the Daycare. This is to give other people a chance to use the Daycare.

(4) The Pokemon to learn the move may not learn a Breeding Move that is given to them as a TM.

Ex. Abra can't learn Fire Punch through Breeding because it can already learn it from a TM.
Ex2. Mr. Mime can learn Giga Drain through Breeding because it can't learn it from a TM.

(5) Pokemon that can't be breed are useless here and cannot learn any moves.

Ex. Magnemite, Staryu

(6) The Pokemon evolution line can learn what the lowest can through normal Breeding. The Pokemon can be evolved or not evolved, it can still learn the Breeding Moves.

Ex. Charizard can learn Bite just like Charmander can.

(7) In order to drop of a Pokemon, you need to have more than 1 Pokemon in your party. Can't let you walk around without a Pokemon on your belt. :tongue:

(8) You may not reserve your Pokemon to be next in line. You must wait for their to be an opening to get into the Daycare.

*Extra Important*
Your Pokemon stay at the Daycare three/four/five days. That means you can't use it for a battle, trade, anything. It stays in the Daycare. However, if you do take it out (purpose or accidental) there will be a $1,000 fine and your Pokemon has to start over to relearn the move. Rule 3 still applies in this case.

There will be Daycare Employees to help out in case of trouble or questions. They will check your Pokemon and the move you want to teach it to make sure it is valid. Once you post, your Pokemon stays here unless an Employee disagrees. So you don't have to be approved, you can only be disapproved. (in the real post, more will be stated what the employees do.)

Now, for your stats. You MUST put with your Pokemon which Breeding Moves it has learned. This is for all Refs and Mods to know and check to make sure no one is cheating the Daycare Center. If you are caught cheating, like everything else, there will be penalties.

Thanks and please make yourself at home.
---------------
updates
-Rule 8
-Duration of stay 3,4,5 days
-10 Trainer limit instead of 5
-the format of the rules will most likely be different

if you have anything to say, do it here. suggestion, problem, comment. the more you help, the faster the Breeding moves can be available. :goofy:

~Jack~

akdude
09-02-2004, 06:34 AM
Rust, I like u're idea. Basically along the lines of my idea with the eggs. Except...there's no breeding. And y not make it more relalistic here. Why put an egg in a battle? See, my idea is to give trainers eggs and they have to complete a set number of battles with each egg they get. The egg does not go into battle. Y would u do that? That could cost most trainers a lose.

But this really is a good idea. And I'm willin to help out with it if u wish.