PDA

View Full Version : The Chi Power!

Tamer San
08-20-2004, 12:41 PM
I used to belive in something called inner energy in any living being as long as they still have a heart beat. Recently, or actually yesterday, I was in the club with my friends and our Scouts Leader who is also a martial artist and plays Yoga as well. One of my friends had an awfull headache while Bagpipping and our Scout Leader simply asked my friend to relax.

While relaxing, our leader simply put his palm, an inch far away from my friends face, and started moving it very very slowly. Suddenly all the pain and awfull headache was gone and he told us that he gathered all unlikeable energy (Which is pain) in my friend's head and body into one single spot then taking it to his own body and rleasing it to the air.

Ofcourse I did my reasearches and found out that there is something called Chi, pronounced qi. And this is a Chinese word meaning Cosmic Energy or Inner Energy of some sort. There are many words as well, Ki in Japanese, mana in pugmies, prana in Indian and diyin in Apache. Well, I just liked to start this subject so I can see your own points of views about this.

Cosmic Energy; fake or real?

Supporting website: Chi, Tapping your Inner Powers with Martial Arts! (http://www.lifepositive.com/Body/martial-arts/chi.asp)

~Tamer

mlugia
08-20-2004, 02:00 PM
lol, mana in pugmies.

It's actually called Qi in Chinese, pronounced similar to the anglosized "Chi"

(Qi by itself refers to air. when referring to self/body, it's the inner energy that you posess)

and uh, No idea, I did tai chi for a while last school year, but ._.

I'm sure there's some kind of power in us, I just haven't been able to tap into it =[

Matt & Vulpix
08-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Chi is supposed to be the power of yourself, your inner self. They refer to it a lot in "Jackie Chan Adventures", yet I never knew really what it was until a month or two ago. I believe in it although there is no proof of its existance.

Tamer San
08-20-2004, 03:19 PM
many people belive in it, but OMG, I saw it in front of me. I even touched my leader's hand after absorbing pain energy from my friend. It was extremley hot that I couldn't touch it. But after he released the energy (I couldn't see the energy, its either colorless or invisible) his hand became warmer. That was so exciting...

Matthew
08-20-2004, 07:19 PM
I surely beleive in it. I like to think of it when I am in a tight spot... and I hope that my inner spirt strengthens me when I need it... that way I boost my confidence allowing me to perform my action successfully... not all the time though.

tonytrainer
08-20-2004, 08:20 PM
What I know about Chi, filles a post!
In the old Chinese culture, there was a believing that an energy that covers the world in diferent fluxes! It is said that this energy, revieves from any human being and any human being can learn how to control it!

That is what I can say now about Chi...

Matt & Vulpix
08-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Woah, on an off-topic note, *looks at Matthew's VPP Pokemon, then looks at the post count and feels weird*.

But Chi does exist. Not proven but I have to be sure that it does exist in some form or another. We are made of something, and I think Chi is a component.

liquid crystal
08-24-2004, 01:00 AM
Bah, the Jackie Chan Adventures completely murders the notion of qi/氣 (does anyone know the tone mark?), and most other Chinese principles. Seeing as I spend a lot of time at an acupuncture clinic (both my mom and sister go there on a regular basis) I've read up on it a lot, and it isn't green lasers that shoot out of a dried fugu.

Anywho, that thing you described about your Scout Leader was probably a co´ncidense. As a double read player (like yer bagpiping friend), I get those head aches all the time playing the oboe (they're caused by too much preasure in yer head caused by improper breathing) and they go away as quickly as they come. =/ I think it was for show and he snickered at the fact that you (and other people apparently) believed it. As for the hot hands, he most likely has excess superficial heat (learned that at the acupuncturist :silly:)...

Anywho (again, lol), I certainly don't doubt that qi exists I'm questioning the fact that you can manipulate it just by puting your hand in front of the ailing appendage. Bah, don't get angry at me; just my oppinion.

Tamer San
08-24-2004, 09:36 AM
Well, a Bagpipe headache can be from 30-60 minutes, but his headache was gone in 5 minutes my friend. I couldn't belive my eyes and my friend even said that he felt the pain gathering into one location (exactly facing my Scouts leader palm) and getting out so quickly. He felt it, and I doubt he was lying because he hates headaches and he was so happy afterwards...