PDA

View Full Version : Woah! That's not a red gyrados!!!!

WifiFX
04-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Ok.....I'm at lake of rage trying to get that gyrados but when I battle him, It's a normal one not a red one!!!!!! WTH? Will someone explain if I should reset it or get that one as a "nintendo's games are not perfect" symbol. Heres my chart:

http://pokedream.com/games/goldsilver/walkthrough/redg.gifTalk to it. Its a http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/gyarados.png not a: http://serebii.net/anime/NextOn/237.jpg That was just for those who like pics.

MagmarMan
04-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Huh... that's really weird.:goofy: I guess it's just a little glitch but you should still catch it. Wouldn't it be funny if you still got the red scale:eek: :eek: . How else would you get experience share???

Ness
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
It could be that you randomly encountered another Gyrados right before you talked to the red one :rolleyes:.... other then that it would just be a glitch and just reset unless you saved already.

Ryouko
04-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Ya i agree you probably ran into a regular garados right before the red one...though highley un-likely. If thats not true your games probably glitchin....I think...:confused:

WifiFX
04-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Ya i agree you probably ran into a regular garados right before the red one...though highley un-likely. If thats not true your games probably glitchin....I think...:confused:It's a glitch because right when I PRESSED A ON IT it say gayooho or whatever and It came up...Besides what are the chances of finding one lv.30, right infront of him? P.S. I caught it.

MagmarMan
04-07-2007, 11:03 PM
It's a glitch because right when I PRESSED A ON IT it say gayooho or whatever and It came up...Besides what are the chances of finding one lv.30, right infront of him? P.S. I caught it.

Well the red Gyrados always says "gayooho" when you click on him.

shinycelebi
04-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Pity...Did you get the Red Scale?i caught ANOTHER red gyrados, and it also had the Red Scale!I took the second Red Scale to Mr. Pokemon,and he said"I'm out of Exp Shares,come back tomorrow for a new one."WTH!Anyway, i came back the next day,and he said"Here's a new Exp Share,but I've got enough red scales,I don't need any more now."This happened in my Silver version,where i think the odds of wild shines are 1 in 2000.

spr bhav
04-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Pity...Did you get the Red Scale?i caught ANOTHER red gyrados, and it also had the Red Scale!I took the second Red Scale to Mr. Pokemon,and he said"I'm out of Exp Shares,come back tomorrow for a new one."WTH!Anyway, i came back the next day,and he said"Here's a new Exp Share,but I've got enough red scales,I don't need any more now."This happened in my Silver version,where i think the odds of wild shines are 1 in 2000.
actually 1/8192 i believe, i just remembered the number :tongue:

Holy_Crusafix
04-12-2007, 11:13 PM
The problem is definatly not encountering another wild gyrados.
I've encountered wild gyrados in the lake before getting the red gyrados. The problem might be shiny related, kinda like legendary shinies. Maybe that one red gyrados was a "shiny" one and that made it unshiny. Anyways that sucks for you because now u cant get shiny gyrados.:sad:

PokéChao
04-12-2007, 11:19 PM
I know exactly what happened! It was a shiny but if it wasn't a shiny it would've been shiny, so it reversed it and made it regular Gyrados. But still, that's weird!:confused:

charmeleonblaze
04-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Wow, I'm surprised at the amt. of ppl who still play RBY and GSC. Anyway, there's no point in restarting. The fact that it's shiny has no signifigance or value, since it's always shiny.

Hoshika
04-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow, I'm surprised at the amt. of ppl who still play RBY and GSC. Anyway, there's no point in restarting. The fact that it's shiny has no signifigance or value, since it's always shiny.

But since shinies in G/S/C have higher Special stats, the red Gyarados would've been a better catch.

charmeleonblaze
04-12-2007, 11:33 PM
But since shinies in G/S/C have higher Special stats, the red Gyarados would've been a better catch.

It's still not worth it. Going through at least 4 badges only to restart is a completely foolish idea.

Lucavi
04-12-2007, 11:34 PM
But since shinies in G/S/C have higher Special stats

Actually, shinies have lower IVs than most regular pokemon

PokéChao
04-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Wow, I'm surprised at the amt. of ppl who still play RBY and GSC. Anyway, there's no point in restarting. The fact that it's shiny has no signifigance or value, since it's always shiny. Of course people still play The old games. It's the only way I can use Celebi and Mew. Because I don't have a GBA Gameshark

Steva
04-13-2007, 06:00 AM
I think that it's a glithc. :eek:

shinycelebi
04-13-2007, 01:35 PM
You ppl are confusing me with all the "if it wasn't shiny it would be shiny" explainations. :crackup: And WifiFX,you still haven't answered my question,DID YOU GET THE RED SCALE!!!

hell rider
04-15-2007, 07:03 PM
maybe it was a shiny garaydos but then since its supposed to be shiny it made it unshiney.

Ness
04-16-2007, 03:34 AM
maybe it was a shiny garaydos but then since its supposed to be shiny it made it unshiney.

It must be another error in the game then if the Gyarados WifiFX talked to was the one that is the topic of this thread. The Deter Values (DVs are the cause for shiny Pokemon in GSC) of this Red Gyarados will always be the same so it is impossible for it to be normal coloured or 'unshiny' by chance. In theory, there should be a 0% chance of this happening so if / when it does it is an error in the game.

kadeon
04-21-2007, 03:31 AM
Ok.....I'm at lake of rage trying to get that gyrados but when I battle him, It's a normal one not a red one!!!!!! WTH? Will someone explain if I should reset it or get that one as a "nintendo's games are not perfect" symbol. Heres my chart:

http://pokedream.com/games/goldsilver/walkthrough/redg.gifTalk to it. Its a http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/gyarados.png not a: http://serebii.net/anime/NextOn/237.jpg That was just for those who like pics.

:eek: i dont think that ever happend before

mootixguy
04-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Wow that's freaky. I don't think it can never be not shiny so that's probably a glitch. Oh well. Not like the Red Gya was anything special, since everyone got it.

MustangGT
05-02-2007, 01:44 AM
he doesnt care that it wasnt red, what he cares about is that it was blue.(if i got it right) his game is glitchin

Ness
05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
he doesnt care that it wasnt red, what he cares about is that it was blue.(if i got it right) his game is glitchin

Probably doesn't care at all anymore seeing as the first post is almost a month old :oops:.

MustangGT
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
:oops: ur right ness. just out of curiosity, was that his last post in this threaD?

hes only got 2 posts in here

Ness
05-03-2007, 03:43 PM
:oops: ur right ness. just out of curiosity, was that his last post in this threaD?

hes only got 2 posts in here

Yea he just kind of posted and left. I'm guessing a lot of us posted after he lost interest :tongue:.

uxie
05-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I know exactly what happened! It was a shiny but if it wasn't a shiny it would've been shiny, so it reversed it and made it regular Gyrados. But still, that's weird!:confused:

*blink blink* Come again?