PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite type of console/computer game?

Snow Fairy Sugar
04-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Which is your favorite type of computer/console game?

My favorites are first person sharpshooters{Halo, Counterstrike}, Racing[NFS, Speed Thief :P] and Adventure types...which kill time, Like Lemmings Revolution. XD

What about you guys? ;]

Spartan MK-6
04-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Which is your favorite type of computer/console game?

My favorites are first person sharpshooters{Halo, Counterstrike}, Racing[NFS, Speed Thief :P] and Adventure types...which kill time, Like Lemmings Revolution. XD

What about you guys? ;]

why am i even bothering to post here? xD

halo owns, counterstrike sucks @$$.

NFS owns, speed theif sucks @$$ xD

i dont even know what lemmings revolution is O.o

HALO OWNS!

Neo Emolga
04-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I like first person shooters, as well as adventure games. RPGs can also be really good, but lately there haven't really been any good ones.

And I'm looking for a good online first person shooter game where people don't act like idiots and server admins don't abuse the very players that make their servers popular and successful...

Sudo
04-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I still love the 2D Super Mario games that I grew up on. ::tongue:

Kenny_C.002
04-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Fav here are RPGs and fighting games for the most part. Neo doesn't know how to look for RPGs, since a good one just came out like a couple of weeks ago for the PS2. XP

LordZangoose
04-10-2007, 05:01 PM
I love Halo 2, but for some reason, I hate Gears of War. I live on RPGs and play Oblivion almost every day for at least an hour. Guitar Hero 1 and 2 are both great games, despite being increibly simple to play. Jade Empire is a great game that is often overlooked by non-RPG freaks that I happen to love. BFME 2 is my favorite RPS of all time, but Age of Mythology is a close second. Spore (by Will Wright, creator of Sims) will be the greatst game ever made if they ever get it out.

Ness
04-10-2007, 05:09 PM
I grew up on RPGs pretty much. Played Lufia, Final Fantasy, Super Mario RPG, and Legend of Zelda as a kid so RPGs have a fond place in my heart. I really like Online Third Person Shooters and fighting games like Rakion and Gunz though my wireless router makes these games to frustrating to play. Super Smash Bros. is also one of my all-time favorites.

Neo Emolga
04-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Fav here are RPGs and fighting games for the most part. Neo doesn't know how to look for RPGs, since a good one just came out like a couple of weeks ago for the PS2. XP

Most RPG games are more of the same. And if you're talking about Final Fantasy XII, that's great, but so far I haven't heard or seen anything really that impressive about it that the previous ones didn't already have. Not to mention the last batch of FF games have been pretty rotten, and the only ones left liking the series are fanboys.

Sorry, but its safe to say its been years since a truly groundbreaking RPG has been released.

LordZangoose
04-10-2007, 05:26 PM
What about the Elder Scrolls series? Morrowind and Oblivion were fairly ground-breaking in my opinion. Mass Effect has the potential to be mind-blowingly ridonculously awesome, and Too Human looks great. KOTOR had a great system too, even if it wasn't neccessarily ground-breaking.

Neo Emolga
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
What about the Elder Scrolls series? Morrowind and Oblivion were fairly ground-breaking in my opinion. Mass Effect has the potential to be mind-blowingly ridonculously awesome, and Too Human looks great. KOTOR had a great system too, even if it wasn't neccessarily ground-breaking.

I don't know, Oblivion seems to be more like a Medieval first person shooter to me, only with swords, spells, and the like. I've only seen it though, never really played it myself.

I guess my problem is I usually overlook the hundreds of Medieval RPGs and only look for the rare few that are modern or very unique and different.

And maybe because I'm a little stubborn when it comes to playing new games...

LordZangoose
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
That would mean we're polar opposites. I get obsessed with way too many games before they come out and want to play all of them and I get disappointed when, for obvious reasons, I can't play all of them, even though I knew I couldn't ahead of time.

Neo Emolga
04-10-2007, 06:06 PM
That would mean we're polar opposites. I get obsessed with way too many games before they come out and want to play all of them and I get disappointed when, for obvious reasons, I can't play all of them, even though I knew I couldn't ahead of time.

Yep, I guess that's so. I just really hate being a newb to new games...

I have plenty of games I haven't even touched yet. I play some games my brother doesn't care for, but he plays many more I'm just not really into. When you reach 25, every game you see reminds you of a game you've already played... :P

If I were to fully play all the games we have... you'd never see me at PE2K. So many I've never touched, others I've only played for a short while.

Oblivion reminds me a lot of a old game called Heretic, but with way better graphics. Gears of War seems a lot like Quake, and Halo even reminds me of the original Doom. Guess I'm really showing my age here. XD

LordZangoose
04-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I see the similarities between Doom and Halo, but I was never a big Doom fan, so I guess it never bothered me.

Snow Fairy Sugar
04-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Oblivion reminds me a lot of a old game called Heretic, but with way better graphics. Gears of War seems a lot like Quake, and Halo even reminds me of the original Doom. Guess I'm really showing my age here. XD
I remember the original games..Lion King, Hexen, heretic, Doom I, with all those bizarre aliens, the guns, Wolf...

Honestly, those old games were much more interesting than the new ones.

....All except Halo.

Jack of Clovers
04-11-2007, 09:51 AM
I like games with great replay value after you beat it. Online multiplaying helps. RPG, FPS, Strategy and Puzzle games.

~Jack~

InvertrevnI
04-11-2007, 06:30 PM
MMORPGs, hack 'n slash, turn-based strategy, flight simulators, FPS war games, and RPGs with plenty of hours of gameplay.

~Posted on Wii~

Yggdrasill
04-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I like RPGs and Turn-based strategy games the best, RPGs have pretty much always been my favourite genre of game and that won't ever change.

Neo Emolga
04-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I remember the original games..Lion King, Hexen, heretic, Doom I, with all those bizarre aliens, the guns, Wolf...

Honestly, those old games were much more interesting than the new ones.

....All except Halo.

The original Wolfenstein was great as well. Cruddy graphics by today's standards, but back then, even just fighting in a 3D world brought me excitement.

Doom was great and a true classic, and Heretic was like a Doom clone only with a Medieval theme. Funny thing with Heretic was, cheat codes that worked in Doom would do exactly the opposite to you in Heretic. The invincibility cheat would instantly kill you, and the all weapons code would leave you totally disarmed. Hilarous. I bet some programmers had fun with that one. XD

Halo IS good, but it does lose a lot of its thrill after some time. Also, combat feels... really slow. I'm also not a fan of the fact that in Multiplayer, all it takes is someone to run away and they can regenerate their shield completely...

Charbok
04-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Hmmm... My favorite games are RPG's, followed by RTS's, FPS's, Racing, then Sports.

Kenny_C.002
04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Most RPG games are more of the same. And if you're talking about Final Fantasy XII, that's great, but so far I haven't heard or seen anything really that impressive about it that the previous ones didn't already have. Not to mention the last batch of FF games have been pretty rotten, and the only ones left liking the series are fanboys.

Sorry, but its safe to say its been years since a truly groundbreaking RPG has been released.
Neo, you have to understand that the genre is mature. There will never be another "groundbreaking" RPG game this late in the genre's lifespan, unless somebody decides to really go out of the way to do things.

FFXII is good, but we should look at the 2D realm to see how that side of the RPG spectrum is faring, if you know what I mean.

The Crimson Rose
04-11-2007, 11:55 PM
I like the turn-based strategy and MMORPG's the most. They don't get boring right away.

Snow Fairy Sugar
04-14-2007, 10:30 AM
The original Wolfenstein was great as well. Cruddy graphics by today's standards, but back then, even just fighting in a 3D world brought me excitement.

Doom was great and a true classic, and Heretic was like a Doom clone only with a Medieval theme. Funny thing with Heretic was, cheat codes that worked in Doom would do exactly the opposite to you in Heretic. The invincibility cheat would instantly kill you, and the all weapons code would leave you totally disarmed. Hilarous. I bet some programmers had fun with that one. XD

Halo IS good, but it does lose a lot of its thrill after some time. Also, combat feels... really slow. I'm also not a fan of the fact that in Multiplayer, all it takes is someone to run away and they can regenerate their shield completely...
Oh yeah, I remember all those weapons. They were fun.

You had to start with a Golden crystal, right? Afyer which you found all those super cool weapons?

I remember many of them, lol. Like the one starting with "T" and Etheal arrows, but what I loved most was the hands thing, when those Aerodactly thingies came close, the hands used to jolt them. XD

Not very effectove, but good to scare em off. Of course, wish Halo 2 was like that...

Halo one is more fair for multiplayer, I'll say. What with health and stuff, the person has a chance to win/lose.

hell rider
04-15-2007, 08:10 PM
i love final fantasy 3 (on DS) and all the other ones from V-XII. i cant find any MMORPG out there besodes horrible ones like runescape, pokemon has the worst eplay value in every game created on earth, and final fantasy 3 can be extremely hard as first boss is the DjInn, with 1200 HP, next is Bahamut, with 600,000 HP (your suposed to run =P) then a giant rat 6000 HP, or the Nepto Dragon thats *cough cough* unbeatable *cough cough* and then Hein, 10,000 HP and the weakness changes... and then after you beat goldor, nailing with geomancarey, Garuda is way over powered. 14,000 HP. blech... and he can 1 hit KO all your guys using lightning. so im just saying they jump back and forth so its annoying.

mootixguy
04-26-2007, 12:22 PM
MMORPGs (anything downloadable), turn based strategy ROCKS (Advance Wars!!), RTS as well (Civ), RPGs basically (Pokemon), platformers (Mario)!!! Pretty sure I have many more likes.

I don't know why I like everything but shooters. Hmm. I'm a weirdo.