PDA

View Full Version : Gameshark

Alienshroom
04-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Can you trade sharked pokemon into D/P or get them via Wi-fi?

Caecity
04-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I think you can but if you can..I'm sorta shrewed with some of my pokemon.

MagmarMan
04-14-2007, 05:07 PM
I think that you can but there's a good chance something would happen to someones game. That's why I wont be trading over Wi-fi, just battling.

Tory vs Meaty II
04-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Can you trade sharked pokemon into D/P or get them via Wi-fi?

You mean the ones with 999 status, and illegal moves? If you do that, the admins of WiFi will tempbanned you. Don't do that. Pokemon that has cheated with rare candies? That is okay.

MagmarMan
04-14-2007, 05:16 PM
You mean the ones with 999 status, and illegal moves? If you do that, the admins of WiFi will tempbanned you. Don't do that. Pokemon that has cheated with rare candies? That is okay.

He might mean the regular pokemon that you have that you sharked into the game. Like a shiney snorlax if they wanted one.

spr bhav
04-14-2007, 05:24 PM
yeah probly as i sure a vid with a SHINY LATIAS...

Zavelin
04-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Besides, you COULD just use the Quick Level up code.

Your Pokemon levels the same as if you hand-raised it, unlike Rare Candies which tend to weaken the Pokemon a bit.

Caecity
04-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Wait you mean there WiFi admins?

MagmarMan
04-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Wait you mean there WiFi admins?

Maybe they look out over Wi-Fi or something... I've never heard of them...

Zavelin
04-14-2007, 06:21 PM
I guess he means "referees" or something like that.

Nintendo knows that cheaters have the potential of ruining the ENTIRE battle system, so it makes sense that they would monitor it.

pika2000
04-14-2007, 06:22 PM
I've heard (not tested myself since I don't use cheating devices) that the GTS won't accept Pokémon which can't be gotten in a legit way.
For example and Aruseus or a Dialga at level 1 certainly has to be cheated, you can't get them in the game.

I don't know what happens when you try to though.

Tory vs Meaty II
04-14-2007, 07:09 PM
He might mean the regular pokemon that you have that you sharked into the game. Like a shiney snorlax if they wanted one.

I know that. There are a sorts of Sharking. And it is also okay to use shiny Pokemon. Long as they don't have illegal movesets.

Lucavi
04-14-2007, 07:11 PM
it all depends on to what exactly you sharked. Illegal moves on pokemon are detected by the wi-fi anti-DMA feature, so you won't be able to trade those. If you cheat for shiny, or modify wild pokemon then it won't be detected

StarStruck
04-14-2007, 08:02 PM
I'll be trading over Wifi, regaurdless if there are cheaters on there, I do it sometime, none of my games have evveerrr had any problems at all, and I used to sit there in ruby and sapphire, and use codes to get things like Squirtle, Charmander, Lugia and such. I've done this since back in the days with gold and silver, just to get those Pokemon. And not once has my game ever so happened to glitch. I'm going to do it for Diamond and Pearl too. Glitching in the game, I think is very rare, cheating doesn't make it happen often, if it does, it must happen very rarely, because I do it ALOT.

MewCrystal
04-14-2007, 08:08 PM
My brother is buying a Gameshark to get a Mew, Arceus, Lugia. ect...
I'm only using it for Arceus (I'm NOT using him on Wi-Fi Battles) and Shaymin. I'm going to find a code for Oak's Letter and Heaven's Pipe, so I can get them the semi-fair way.

Lucavi
04-14-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm going to find a code for Oak's Letter and Heaven's Pipe, so I can get them the semi-fair way.

cheats like those won't work, as what's important isn't the item itself but rather the way you get them (ie: Nintendo event). For instance, in Emerald, if you cheated for an Eon ticket, you could never get to the Southern island

StarStruck
04-14-2007, 08:29 PM
cheats like those won't work, as what's important isn't the item itself but rather the way you get them (ie: Nintendo event). For instance, in Emerald, if you cheated for an Eon ticket, you could never get to the Southern islandThat isn't true, because I use action replay, and it got me there, so don't say it doesn't Lol ^;^

Lucavi
04-14-2007, 08:44 PM
That isn't true, because I use action replay, and it got me there, so don't say it doesn't Lol ^;^

hm, no

using a cheat to get to Southern island does work. However, using a cheat to get the Eon ticket then going to the ship to get taken to Souther island does NOT work. That's because Nintendo events add a code that AR or GS can not add by simply adding the special item code

Alienshroom
04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone, Ya I meant like trying to get Deoxys er something cause I was going to get him from GTS.

pika2000
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks everyone, Ya I meant like trying to get Deoxys er something cause I was going to get him from GTS.
Well, you can't get a Deoxys from the GTS, since you've got to have seen the Pokémon to request it there.

Alienshroom
04-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Well, you can't get a Deoxys from the GTS, since you've got to have seen the Pokémon to request it there.

ARE YOU FOR REAL! Whered you get this info???