PDA

View Full Version : An Unfortunate Sunday Release

charmeleonblaze
04-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Who else here hates the fact that D/P are gonna be released on a Sunday? I mean, come on, it's the last day of the weekend, after that fun day, it's back to boring school. It's already bad enough I have to borrow my neighbor's ds since i don't have one, and this?!:susp:

spr bhav
04-17-2007, 07:45 PM
i will get mine around Friday or Saturday (the following) XD! I preordered from America, i live in the UK.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
Well I don't mind, since I can get it right when I wake up and not wait until after school.

Plus, I'm 19 years old. If I want to take Monday off, I'll write my own note. :wink:

Fire Pkmn Master
This could just be discussed in the D/P Discussion thread.

charmeleonblaze
04-17-2007, 07:46 PM
i will get mine around Friday or Saturday (the following) XD! I preordered from America, i live in the UK.

Aww man, youre so lucky!:susp: Well, at least we get it a week earlier.

spr bhav
04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Aww man, youre so lucky!:susp: Well, at least we get it a week earlier.
yeah true but i got freedom to play over weekends, i played 14 hours of ranger in 2 days, school days, XD!

*goes craving for pearl*

hehe, you saw NOTHING!

Seawolf
04-17-2007, 07:49 PM
I start school at three in the afternoon on Monday, so ... it's no problem for me.

spr bhav
04-17-2007, 07:51 PM
I start school at three in the afternoon on Monday, so ... it's no problem for me.
WOAH! Crickey! I go to school at 8:30am, so do all people in England, :tongue:.

Seawolf
04-17-2007, 07:51 PM
WOAH! Crickey! I go to school at 8:30am, so do all people in England, :tongue:.

It's a community college, and I just go to one class each day. :)

charmeleonblaze
04-17-2007, 07:53 PM

That's the time I'm usually picked up from school. I wish I took the bus...NOT!! I'd have to wait like an hour if I took the bus.

spr bhav
04-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Waaah... you're so lucky :evil:... ahh the post doesn't come 'till 10am so i have to get it after school... i wanted to show off to my friends. XD

Dragon trainner guy
04-17-2007, 08:10 PM

hahaha yep same here i dont have class till 630pm on monday so i got plenty of time to play with my sweat preal gald im outta high school

Lord Voldemort
04-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Who else here hates the fact that D/P are gonna be released on a Sunday? I mean, come on, it's the last day of the weekend, after that fun day, it's back to boring school. It's already bad enough I have to borrow my neighbor's ds since i don't have one, and this?!:susp:

Yes, I don't like that either. But I would rather get it on Sunday instead of waiting until next Friday.

Well I don't mind, since I can get it right when I wake up and not wait until after school.

Plus, I'm 19 years old. If I want to take Monday off, I'll write my own note. :wink:

Lucky you...

Nirvash
04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
It's on Sunday. I have Sunday school. I pick it up right after. My mom wouldn't be able to take me on normal conditions, but since we're already in the car.... :)

charmeleonblaze
04-17-2007, 08:45 PM
hahaha yep same here i dont have class till 630pm on monday so i got plenty of time to play with my sweat preal gald im outta high school

When you say you're outta high school, do you mean you're a drop-out?

Dragon trainner guy
04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
It's on Sunday. I have Sunday school. I pick it up right after. My mom wouldn't be able to take me on normal conditions, but since we're already in the car.... :)

ochie sunday school thas harsh not to offend but i cant see my self in school over the weekend to me thas just torure

Lord Voldemort
04-17-2007, 08:48 PM
It's a community college, and I just go to one class each day. :)hahaha yep same here i dont have class till 630pm on monday so i got plenty of time to play with my sweat preal gald im outta high school

Notice the bolded, extra-sized text.

Nirvash
04-17-2007, 09:35 PM
ochie sunday school thas harsh not to offend but i cant see my self in school over the weekend to me thas just torure

It's actually quite fun. I'm Jewish, btw, if you're wondering. We get an iPod break, which isn't just for iPods. I bring my DS to play. I'm bringing my Reciept and DS that day so I can play as soon as I get to the car. :P

Gastlygoo
04-17-2007, 09:41 PM
It's actually quite fun. I'm Jewish, btw, if you're wondering. We get an iPod break, which isn't just for iPods. I bring my DS to play. I'm bringing my Reciept and DS that day so I can play as soon as I get to the car. :P
I'm luckey! when I get it on sunday I'll have 2 days to play it I have a PA day on monday

*Laughs evily* Mwa Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris9898
04-17-2007, 09:43 PM
School has never stopped me from playing games... Heck I play Fire Red on my DS in my Grade 11 English class... I just sit in the back and hide it inside of my binder.

Nirvash
04-17-2007, 09:44 PM
School has never stopped me from playing games... Heck I play Fire Red on my DS in my Grade 11 English class... I just sit in the back and hide it inside of my binder.

Tell me when you get caught. :P

Chris9898
04-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Tell me when you get caught. :P

Haha I've been doing it for at least a year now... And somehow I'm managing to keep a 75 average with just playing Pokemon all class long.

MagmarMan
04-17-2007, 09:47 PM

Or he graduated...:susp: :susp:

Anyway, I don't care. I'm just happy that it's here and that I have the entire day to play it. On Monday I'll just play after school as much as I can!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Phantom Kat
04-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Since my Pearl is going to be shipped from EB, I don't know when it's going to get here (anybody have a clue?) but more than likely, I won't get on Monday. Too bad, too since we have Monday off due to Teacher Inservice.

I really don't mind since all this week we're having final exams and after that, school will be a lot more tolerable.

rufus6june
04-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Ha ha ha ha.

My vacation begins Monday. Mua ha ha ha ha. Plus floods this week. I get a 2 week vacation.

So Ill be playing non stop.

Pika-pika
04-17-2007, 09:58 PM
What's so unfortunate about a Sunday release? My mom said we'll stop at Wal-Mart after church and buy it if it's there. Though I doubt it.

Trainer Kris
04-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I hate it, but it's better than a week day(not Friday cause Friday would be awesome xP).

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-17-2007, 10:29 PM
What's so unfortunate about a Sunday release? My mom said we'll stop at Wal-Mart after church and buy it if it's there. Though I doubt it.

Call them and see if you can get one put under the counter! :wink:

Miltonic
04-17-2007, 10:34 PM
it sucks that it comnes out on sunday but its not that bad for me considering i got my diamond game back in september. (japanese version)

Pika-pika
04-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Call them and see if you can get one put under the counter! :wink:
Not what I meant. I mean I think Walmart gets em in late.MD was 2 days late. I'm not worried about them being sold out. Pokemon isn't that popular.Some of you guys are talking about camping out, no ones gonna buy em all.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Not what I meant. I mean I think Walmart gets em in late.MD was 2 days late. I'm not worried about them being sold out. Pokemon isn't that popular.Some of you guys are talking about camping out, no ones gonna buy em all.

Dude, don't be naive.

I live in a tiny little city called Sault Ste. Marie in Ontario... Barely a dot on the map... And the stores here are predicting every copy to be gone on day one, especially EBGames. Good thing I pre-ordered both versions and the guide. :wink:

rebelde33
04-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Well I really hate it that they come out on Sunday because school is the next day. :(

Pika-pika
04-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Dude, don't be naive.

I live in a tiny little city called Sault Ste. Marie in Ontario... Barely a dot on the map... And the stores here are predicting every copy to be gone on day one, especially EBGames. Good thing I pre-ordered both versions and the guide. :wink:

I live in Florida. Hardly matters at all, because, Pokemon isn't as popular here as Japan. Besides, it's a Pokemon game, but....*gaspity gasp* IT'S ON THE DS!*gasps are heard*[/sarcasm] As I said, at least where I live, it probably won't get sold out quick. Besides, me thinks the people at the store told you that so you'd preorder.

Well I really hate it that they come out on Sunday because school is the next day. :(

What does thathave to do with anything? What does school have to do with anything??

Strawberry Maelstrom
04-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm fine with the release date. Though I would love to have it on the 21st... That way I get two days to play and it comes sooner.

Trainer Kris
Dude, don't be naive.

When I went to pick up my copy of Emerald on the day it came out, noone else was there to get it but me. And I live in the capital of Ohio. The same happened with MD.

Though, just to be safe, when you preorder it, that means they'll keep one for you until you pick it up right? xD; Or will they sell mine if I'm there after every copy is sold out? I don't think they would, but I'm not sure..

The Maple Syrup Baptist
What does thathave to do with anything? What does school have to do with anything??

In his case, I guess he can't stay up late to play.

When I went to pick up my copy of Emerald on the day it came out, noone else was there to get it but me. And I live in the capital of Ohio. The same happened with MD.

Though, just to be safe, when you preorder it, that means they'll keep one for you until you pick it up right? xD; Or will they sell mine if I'm there after every copy is sold out? I don't think they would, but I'm not sure..

And Trainer Kris, they won't sell your game. That's why you pre-ordered it; it's yours already.

Unless they're scum bags, but that could get them in a lot of trouble.

rebelde33
04-17-2007, 11:17 PM

In my case, like many others, I have school to attend which takes about 6 hours each day on top of homework and having to work a job. I'm guessing that's not bad enough?:susp:

Ravenn
04-17-2007, 11:24 PM
I know what you mean but I doubt mine will even come until the friday after it comes out anyway since I couldn't pay for express shiping(I preordered it online).

Emeraldsuicune
04-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Hehehehehe, I'm homeschooled so can play it whenever, wherever!! WOOOOOOOT!

Pika-pika
04-17-2007, 11:26 PM
In my case, like many others, I have school to attend which takes about 6 hours each day on top of homework and having to work a job. I'm guessing that's not bad enough?:susp:
Oh. Okay. I didn't know that.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
04-17-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't have school on earth day... aka D/P release date. TO BAD EARTH! I have to get my dad to drive me to the mall. Sunday isn't a great day though. Only a couple hours to play:sad:

WifiFX
04-17-2007, 11:46 PM
I live in Florida and I'm very close to toys r us...I get it before half of you!!! yay!!!

spartan117
04-17-2007, 11:49 PM
I live in Florida and I'm very close to toys r us...I get it before half of you!!! yay!!!
Im in NY and Im like 5 blocks away from toys r us and bestbuy so I can get it but not sure on sunday tghough.

MewCrystal
04-18-2007, 12:33 AM
I pre-ordered from Toys-R-Us, just like my friends. I begged my mom to let them come over to my house so we could start our games together, but no dice...
I don't mind it being on Sunday. Why? I leave for school at 9 am, I wake up at 6 am. 3 hours of playing, plus about another four in the afternoon... >3

Pika-pika
04-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I pre-ordered from Toys-R-Us, just like my friends. I begged my mom to let them come over to my house so we could start our games together, but no dice...
I don't mind it being on Sunday. Why? I leave for school at 9 am, I wake up at 6 am. 3 hours of playing, plus about another four in the afternoon... >3
You people go to school on Sundays?0_o

Chris9898
04-18-2007, 12:52 AM
My buddy Marc is sleeping over the night before and we are going to watch Pokemon movies to celebrate the release.

Pika-pika
04-18-2007, 12:58 AM
My buddy Marc is sleeping over the night before and we are going to watch Pokemon movies to celebrate the release.
!

You guys are lucky!

risrilla
04-18-2007, 01:05 AM
I know. D=

For a few days I thought that it was being released on Saturday. I was all like "W00T! The day after school!" But then my friend told me that the 22nd was on a Sunday.

Peanut12
04-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Dude, don't be naive.

Diamond and pearl here are not going to be sold fast case I live in a much smaller town its Val Rita 10 km from Kapuskasing. Its about 9 hours from here Sault Sainte Marie. So were close by! COOL!

Dialga913191
04-18-2007, 01:17 AM
it sux:tongue:

mootixguy
04-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Uh, four words rule.

I don't really care about the release date being on a Sunday. At least it's on a no-school day, so I can spend the day catching up on latest info. And I'm not likely to preorder anyway. I shall get it the day it releases in Singapore shops.

NinjaDuelist
04-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Better on a Sunday than another day later, in my opinion. I mean, its bad enough to have to wait out these days at it is! I can't sleep at night!

Also, I requested Sunday off due to its release, and my job denied it as it was "not appropriate for requesting off." I didn't argue, as they had a good point, as well as there were a few more days coming up that I needed to request off for serious purposes.

Emeraldsuicune
04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
4 days left!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!

Seda
04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
4 days left!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO! I'm soooooo excited!!!!

Dragon trainner guy
04-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Better on a Sunday than another day later, in my opinion. I mean, its bad enough to have to wait out these days at it is! I can't sleep at night!

Also, I requested Sunday off due to its release, and my job denied it as it was "not appropriate for requesting off." I didn't argue, as they had a good point, as well as there were a few more days coming up that I needed to request off for serious purposes.

lol did u actully say i want this day off so i can play this game all day lol wow thas a new one i would of came up with a beatyful like family sumthing at least but lucky me i dont have to work that day

mjb4991
04-18-2007, 07:39 PM
I agre that it could be worse. Imagion that it came out on a Monday:eek: . They are not going to relaese it early just because we want it to. So it is better on a Sunday then having to wait for the next Friday. :cool:

Teni-chaan
04-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Oh :0 Im actually kinda excited its finally coming out this sunday. But I guess it does suck since the next day is a Monday(schoool D:)

charmeleonblaze
04-18-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm soooooo excited!!!!

4 word rule dude. But i'm really excited too!! And Ninja Duelist, it may be really exciting it's only 4 days away, but it's not something you shouldn't be able to sleep over.:rolleyes:

Venusaur456
04-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm probably gonna get mine on Tuesday at Toys R' Us or Gamestop. Probably Toys R' Us, though. It has lots of video games.

DeadlySin7
04-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Im getting mine in the mail. To bad that the mail man wont come till monday, i cant stay up till 3am playing it like i planned to. Im just kidding im not that big of an addict....only 2am.:oops:

Dialga of time
04-18-2007, 10:48 PM
You guys are so freakin lucky monday thru friday school and then teamquest thursday to monday !!!!

DeadlySin7
04-18-2007, 11:05 PM
If you can drive up to NY I got a 2nd ds you could have.:oops: