PDA

View Full Version : Something is going on!

The Crimson Rose
05-09-2007, 02:55 PM
My Yahoo account is getting constant spam! Please tell me if any of you guys got it too, but I'm getting weird stuff asking for my personal information. I keep deleteing it, but it just comes back. Help me! P.S: One of the messages say I won the UK Lottery. :tongue:

pika2000
05-10-2007, 01:23 AM
That happens, get used to it^^
If you use your email address on multiple sites you'll start receiving spam after a while.
Just ignore them.

My mother doesn't use her email address anywhere but only for particpating at sites where you can win prices (and it's just one site and you only enter your email address and don't even sign up) , yet she still gets a lot of spam.

My Gmail account has currently 634 emails in the spam box^^;

Diesel 34
05-10-2007, 01:26 AM
My Yahoo account is getting constant spam! Please tell me if any of you guys got it too, but I'm getting weird stuff asking for my personal information. I keep deleteing it, but it just comes back. Help me! P.S: One of the messages say I won the UK Lottery. :tongue:

Congratz to you. What did you win. LOL:biggrin:

Alonso
05-10-2007, 03:27 AM
That's weird. I rarely get spam on my hotmail. The junk box is empty, too. I wonder why. The only times I get unwanted e-mail is when hotmail sends some stuff about changes in the e-mail service or when I get hi5, tickle, or other social network crap from friends. Other than that, I don't get spam.

Yggdrasill
05-10-2007, 07:02 PM
I've won the lottery about 7 times.... well, according to SPAM emails. =P

EmBreon
05-10-2007, 08:50 PM

The more often you use your e-mail address, the more junk mail you're going to get. Nothing you can do about it really. :P

Pooka
05-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Don't do chain letters, that's how loads of these people get hold of your e-mail address. For me it's almost got to the stage that I hardly check mine anymore because my inbox is just soo full of it and it takes hours to sort it all out. I seem to get tonnes of it asking if I want cosmetic surgery for knock down prices!!!:tongue:

George Jefferson
05-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I'd just make a program that if you open up any mail, the program immediately finds the programmer of the spam and gets raped multiple times in the butt.

>_> Soooooo, anyways... Just live with it. ._.

DaRkUmBrEoN
05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah, Yahoo shows you a lot of spam messages, though be glad you don't get to see those who didn't pass the filters XD.

I get like 40 spam messages a day, some of them are like not spam at all. :S
Another thing Yahoo beats Hotmail with. ^^ I utterly despise Microsoft and it's products.

-]DU[-

BeserkerFury
05-11-2007, 07:54 PM

I hate getting the UK lottery one,its anpying XD

Crossfire Chaos
05-11-2007, 08:00 PM
I have two accounts.

One is what I use for every site sign-up.

The other one is used for personal messages. (friends and family)

The latter gets all the spam. The first gets no spam.

Both are Yahoo. So I'm thinking it's Yahoo's fault.