PDA

View Full Version : Dialga Help Needed (not catching)

Shadow Pidgey
05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
(I'm sorry for posting this again, but I realized the title on my previous thread made it sound like I was giving tips to get dialga without catching... :dazed:

What's a good nature for it to have, and what would be good for its moveset?

I was trying for a shiny before, but now I'm ready to give up... I atleast want to have one with a decent nature, and to find out good movesets.

I have no problem with catching Dialga, I tested something to see if the natures will differ after each softreset to see if it'll be a different dialga, (I found that pokemon hatched from eggs will not be any different no matter how many times you softreset) and each time I caught it, I got it with one quick ball... xP

DeadlySin7
05-10-2007, 09:03 PM
I didnt really check to see what mine had as a nature. I guess you should get a nature that gives it a high special attack. :tongue:

Shadow Pidgey
05-10-2007, 09:04 PM
I didnt really check to see what mine had as a nature. I guess you should get a nature that gives it a high special attack. :tongue:

I'm not to sure which nature that'd be... :tongue:

Eiyoko
05-10-2007, 09:17 PM
(I'm sorry for posting this again, but I realized the title on my previous thread made it sound like I was giving tips to get dialga without catching... :dazed:

I was trying for a shiny before, but now I'm ready to give up... I atleast want to have one with a decent nature, and to find out good movesets.

I have no problem with catching Dialga, I tested something to see if the natures will differ after each softreset to see if it'll be a different dialga, (I found that pokemon hatched from eggs will not be any different no matter how many times you softreset) and each time I caught it, I got it with one quick ball... xP

Advanced Edit allows you to fix the title of your post.

Quick Balls are designed to be used as soon as the battle starts for a good catch rate. Besides, from what I hear, Dialga isn't that difficult to catch.

Also, I do not find it very suprising what you were testing to see. Each Pokemon, no matter what stage of growth/evolution it is in (yes, this includes eggs) is given an ID number. That ID number makes reference to its nature, gender, personality, etc. This means that when the pokemon in question appears for the first time, the game generates an ID number. This also means that if the pokemon faints, then the ID number is forgotten, in a sense.

I think.

Legendaries aren't exactly easy to catch. Catching Dialga in a Quick Ball might have been efficient in its own way but you still have to be lucky to pull that off.

Unless it's some sort of hidden effect...

As for natures, do they really affect stats?

Shadow Pidgey
05-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Advanced Edit allows you to fix the title of your post.

Quick Balls are designed to be used as soon as the battle starts for a good catch rate. Besides, from what I hear, Dialga isn't that difficult to catch.

Also, I do not find it very suprising what you were testing to see. Each Pokemon, no matter what stage of growth/evolution it is in (yes, this includes eggs) is given an ID number. That ID number makes reference to its nature, gender, personality, etc. This means that when the pokemon in question appears for the first time, the game generates an ID number. This also means that if the pokemon faints, then the ID number is forgotten, in a sense.

I think.

Legendaries aren't exactly easy to catch. Catching Dialga in a Quick Ball might have been efficient in its own way but you still have to be lucky to pull that off.

Unless it's some sort of hidden effect...

As for natures, do they really affect stats?

Yes, that's right with the ID number. Softreseting does change that number, though. With eggs, most people think they can change that number by saving when it's close to hatching then softreseting if it isn't shiny or anything, but they probably didn't know that the ID number was given to the egg itself, not given after it hatches.

EDIT: I forgot to add this...

Thanks for telling me about the Advanced Edit thing. I didn't know that, knowing that will definatley help... Dx

Eiyoko
05-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes, that's right with the ID number. Softreseting does change that number, though. With eggs, most people think they can change that number by saving when it's close to hatching then softreseting if it isn't shiny or anything, but they probably didn't know that the ID number was given to the egg itself, not given after it hatches.

EDIT: I forgot to add this...

Thanks for telling me about the Advanced Edit thing. I didn't know that, knowing that will definatley help... Dx

Don't mention it. I didn't know about it at first either.

As for the case with Egg IDs, it should be blatantly obvious (or maybe so obvious we look right over it). You can view a summary of an Egg like you can a poke'mon. When you do, you can find the ID.

Now that I think about it, the ID case is sort of a bit different with runners. The instant the pokemon begins to run, the ID number is set in stone, the only way to reset it being resetting and redoing the event so it'll rerun. That's alot of re's. o.o;

How do I know this? Simple. We already know that an ID number for a pokemon contains its genetic information, such as personality, nature, gender and species. That being said, it's only logical for it to record other data, such as its stats, abilities, attack moves, level, and most of all, Current HP and PP. It makes sense.

You can also have two completely identical pokemon, and say one of them has just paid a visit to a Gym, so his HP's been beat around a bit. ID numbers differentiate between the one that's been snoozing in the PC and the one that's been training.

But now I'm getting carried away.

If those quick balls ever fail you in catching Dialga, you might consider PP burning his Roar of Time. You may be reviving alot, but it helped me.

Shaymin
05-11-2007, 12:20 AM

if u want to use physical+special attack a lot maby get a naughty otherwise get mild and max out EVs on special