PDA

View Full Version : Battle Tower Tycoon

mootixguy
05-13-2007, 07:57 AM
I just defeated the E4 and went to the Battle Tower, so I saw this guy who looks a lot like my rival, the Battle Tower Tycoon. Even before I got the game I looked through the sprites and already noticed that the Tycoon looked like some older version of rival. Also, he arrived with a THUD, similar to rival. Is this just some Nintendo joke or is the Tycoon the father of the rival?

Teo
05-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Lol, I wonder the same thing when I first encountered him. It could be his father since you don't see him in your rival's house.

mootixguy
05-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah. In all the games except RSE you never see your father. And in the same games, you never see the rival's father too.

Teo
05-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Actually in RSE You see May's father. Since he does run a Gym. I do find it quite odd that you never see a parent other then the mother. Its like, are all the fathers out being pokemon masters or something!? xD!

mootixguy
05-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Actually in RSE You see May's father. Since he does run a Gym. I do find it quite odd that you never see a parent other then the mother. Its like, are all the fathers out being pokemon masters or something!? xD!
Yeah that's why I said you can't see your father in all versions except RSE.

Then again, if the father was at home, he would be useless. The mother can heal your Pokes. The father would be, what, reading the newspapers?

Zavelin
05-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Does Japan really think so lowly of fathers?

It's as if the developers are trying to promote single motherhood. o.o

I mean, they could at LEAST make Daddy a gym leader like in RSE.

Teo
05-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah that's why I said you can't see your father in all versions except RSE.

Then again, if the father was at home, he would be useless. The mother can heal your Pokes. The father would be, what, reading the newspapers?

Lol, no wonder. I read it wrong. @.@ Being half asleep doesn't help me much either. xD!

Seriously though! Where are all the fathers at!? Why don't they ever like try to contact the kids!? You'd figure the father would be there at the start of the game to see their kid off on their pokemon journey! Or even congratulate you after you become champion at least!

Even your mom saying something along the lines of "Your father sent a letter to you saying Congratulations on becoming a pokemon master" or something like that! Anything to let you know you have a father at least! xD!!

theEND
05-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Well in DP, Byron was Roark's father.

And another father and son appearance in the same game other than RSE is GSC, where Giovanni is Silver's father.

The no-father concept is popular in most games of Japan. It is believed that this will later lead to some kind of memory flashback or incident that caused the father to not be present during their child's life. This concept is also popular in anime, which is also displayed in Pokemon since Ash probably doesn't even remember his father, none the less know him.