PDA

View Full Version : DBZ: Buu's Fury

Tamer Marco
11-07-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm thinking of getting it for christmas, and I ask is it worth buying? I don't have much money, and I wouldn't want to buy something that I didn't like.

VenusaurTrainer
11-07-2004, 05:32 PM
I beat it, and I thought it was too easy so I dont condisered buying it.

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Meh, Legacy of Goku 2 was better... :susp:

VenusaurTrainer
11-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Well I prefer the first Legacy of Goku of all of them.

Tamer Marco
11-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Well I prefer the first Legacy of Goku of all of them. Eww, that one sucked. <_<

Is it like the second one. With pretty much everything going on in the sagas?

VenusaurTrainer
11-07-2004, 06:15 PM
I liked it because it was the hardest out of the 3.

Tamer Marco
11-07-2004, 06:19 PM
True, but you could beat everyone with a combination of Solar Flare and Kameameha, or punches. Frizea and the others had a lot of endurance, but with that combo, they were pretty much dead. You could use Solar Flare, then they wouldn't be able to see for a while, and you could get more Flypoints, or charge energy. #1 wasn't fun, or hard.

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-07-2004, 06:34 PM
I never knew about the up down left right code until I beat the game... :dazed:

Tamer Marco
11-07-2004, 10:10 PM
I never knew about the up down left right code until I beat the game... :dazed: XD. I learned that when I was fighting Raditz.

VenusaurTrainer
11-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Meh I hate cheat codes.

Tamer Marco
11-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, so do I. I only used it for Frieza when my friends were playing. (i'll admit, I used it too). I hate DBZ 1 for lots of reasons though. One was the short sayain saga.

Zenaku
11-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Eh... Buu's Fury is pretty easy, but still good as far as most games go. Unlike LOGII you can equip characters with Items and the like, and yeah all the sagas there, right down to the special movie enemies Broly and Janemba.

Bah... It was way too easy though... Right after Super Buu turned into Kid Buu (I was about Lv140, with both Goku and Vegeta) I went into the final battle with Kid Buu and beat him easy, even though just after he transformed Vegeta (Or Goky... I forget which) said "Let's train as much as we can to beat him!" (Giving you a chance to train). Hey, if a game gives you a chance to train for a supposedly "super powerful" boss, then just go right ahead and beat him; those types of bosses are easy as hell. If they put Kid Buu around Lv200 however... Then it might have been a challenge.

Theres a little Senzu Bean trick in there as well, which is pretty disappointing. See, if you eat the bean Goku gets for Videl (Instead of giving it to Gohan) then the Gohan Senzu Bean switch is on but you have 0 as the value. Take away 1 from a value of 0 and it goes to the maximum (255) as theres always a max of 255 items. If only they added an "IF Senzu Bean < 1 Then Say('Get a Senzu Bean')" function. :susp:

Anyway, if you're a big DBZ fan and know the saga then it might be a good game, despite being easy. Eh... I'll do something on it:

Graphics: 8/10 - Great detail on the graphics, but it isnt uncommon to be standing in front of an object and have it overlap the character.

Story: 9/10 - It has practically all the Saga from this area of the DBZ series, including the special movies. Broly however was too weak compared to his movie counterpart, which doesnt add that realistic feel, let alone his plot didn't have anything to do with the movie plot itself.

AI: 6/10 - The enemies AI is fairly decent, but sometimes lacks reality. One second someones shooting huge rockets at you, and the next minute they're running like a little school girl. Not once does it seem like the enemies work together either... If they ganged up on you, then it would be a lot better.

Replayability: 3/10 - Sure, you have great fun throughout the game, destroying boss after boss, becoming the strongest you can be. Once you beat Kid Buu however, fighting gets boring and theres no point. Not much to do once the games finished other than collect the special Exhibits and unlock Gogeta, but that's not very exciting in itself.

Total score: 26/40 - Even diehard DBZ fans will find this boring after the first runthrough. Even worse is there's no hard mode! WHat were Atari thinking by not adding a hardmode to this game?! I suggest you buy it, beat it, and take it back the next day.

Hope that helps, but opinions from one person arent always the best. :P

Tamer Marco
11-09-2004, 10:21 PM
I think i'll buy it. And if i'm disatisfied, i'll return it.

VenusaurTrainer
11-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah the Kid Buu battle was way too easy.

boltAge
11-10-2004, 04:14 AM
If you're a DBZ fan, yes, this is probably the best GBA DBZ game. But otherwise, go pick something else, there's a part of the game where you can train like hell and not get hurt, and level up so bloody quickly. I practically used 20 mins to shoot up to 100 level.