PDA

View Full Version : Define One Word

Steven
11-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Okay, basically, you have to define one word without looking it up in a dictionary or anything, just what you think the word means, and try to talk about it, and make discussion, and then the word will change later.

Here's the first word:
Eternity

I'll just help spark it, here's what I think of it:

no ending, no beggining... just going on in circles without repeating, yet it connects at two ends, if it's even possible... I really don't know.

Neo Emolga
11-07-2004, 07:47 PM
To me, it means forever and ever, something that is ceaseless and invincible. To whatever lasts for eternity, there is no time, only ensured existance that can never be stopped no matter what.

Tamer Marco
11-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Eternity: Forever, no ending, begining and end.

I'm not exactly the best word definer.

Alakazam
11-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Eternity is the the only concept that is not bound by time. It is an abstraction, that which always was, is, and ever shall be. It suprasses human comprehension, and will persist long after we are gone. It contains such power that cannot be fathomed of gainsaid. Man cowers before it.

Matthew
11-08-2004, 06:15 AM
Eternity to me is a boudless plane... one with no limits, time being non existant. Eternity has always been existant, and shall remain so. Heh... though this has been said before, it is what I would have said even if they hadn't posted.

Metal Mario
12-28-2004, 10:12 PM
I think eternity means forever
So does my dad

Thunderbird
12-29-2004, 10:16 AM
My definition of eternity is quite similar with Alakazam and Matthew... it is an abstraction which time is meaningless.

Steven
12-30-2004, 05:24 AM
New word: Fail

Sudo
12-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Fail:to be unsuccessful,below the required standard (from the dictionary). I think of failure to be not living up to yourpersonal goals asperations.

Kenny_C.002
01-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Eternity: Without end, yet an unknown beginning exists.

Fail: to be unsuccessful at the task.

Agent Orange
01-03-2005, 01:21 AM
Fail: To not complete your goal, to fall behind, to flunk.

Matt & Vulpix
01-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Eternity:
Either a never-ending period of time or a very long time. It is unstopable in every way, because it never ends.

Fail:
To do uncorrectly or to not do successfully.

Techno Treecko
02-17-2005, 01:13 PM
This seems more like a game than an important discussion topic. :ermm:

boltAge
02-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Well TT, the stupidity in this board has gone up pretty much. Not like any mod cares, anyway,

Techno Treecko
02-18-2005, 04:31 AM
Heh, for once I actually agree with you. I can see why CS hasn't bothered to really visit this forum anymore. No one here but a few unmentioned names can really debate worth sh!t anymore.

And with all this *coughUN-NEEDEDEXTRAWTFRYANYOU'VELOSTYOURMARBLEScough* moderation, you'd think they could actually do their jobs rather than showing off their powers just to edit things like "fu.ck" out of people's posts. :: \

Neo Emolga
02-18-2005, 04:56 AM
Well, it's a month old. I'm sure most people forgot about this thread.

And considering the fact that it's over a month old (before people were modded), take the time to realize that locking this thread wasn't the first thing we were itching to do once it happened... :rolleyes:

And TT, I might not agree with what you say but you do have the right to say it.

Techno Treecko
02-18-2005, 05:01 AM
Heh, I didn't seem to realize the date of the thread or the latest post. I assumed since it was higher up on the first page that it was a fairly new thread.

boltAge
02-18-2005, 05:37 AM
Well, it's a month old. I'm sure most people forgot about this thread.

And considering the fact that it's over a month old (before people were modded), take the time to realize that locking this thread wasn't the first thing we were itching to do once it happened... :rolleyes:

And TT, I might not agree with what you say but you do have the right to say it.
Well, actually, you may want to know we're allowed to post in inactive threads which are in inactive boards.

Neo Emolga
02-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Well, actually, you may want to know we're allowed to post in inactive threads which are in inactive boards.

Yeah, well most of these are old and the board is inactive. Everyone's discussed stuff like capital punishment and abortion a million times before...

There's really not that much left...

boltAge
02-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah, well most of these are old and the board is inactive. Everyone's discussed stuff like capital punishment and abortion a million times before...

There's really not that much left...
Well, if we're allowed to post in old threads, I don't see why you're quarelling with TT about him posting in an old thread when you can just lock this :rolleyes:

Neo Emolga
02-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Well, if we're allowed to post in old threads, I don't see why you're quarelling with TT about him posting in an old thread when you can just lock this :rolleyes:

Fine, have it your way. Sheesh...