PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eggs, Anyone?

Elemental Brotherhood
07-09-2007, 03:11 AM
I've found a couple of easter eggs in pokemon Diamond, and wondering if anyone can add to...

THE LIST!

1. Getting a Shiny Clefairy as the pointer in the bonus rounds of the slots.
2. The ghosts of Old Chateau
3. A kid in Oreburgh City calling you a n00b before you win the Oreburgh Gym Badge
4. Game Freak man in a house in the Lake Resort
5. Riley, the trainer you guide through Iron Mountain that owns a Lucario, looks a lot like Sir Aaron from the 8th movie
6. Man east of Canalave is thirsty, eg. the security guard you give tea to in FR/LG.
7. Jasmine, the leader of Olivine City's Gym in Johto, shows up in Sunyshore City
8. A trainer in the Battle Tower is quoted to say... "Do you like shorts?" Sound familiar? A trainer in R/B/FR/LG says that he likes shorts
9. In questionairres and so on, where you fill out words, you can choose the words "lol" and "rofl"

Any others?

xybob
07-09-2007, 03:12 AM
I've found a couple of easter eggs in pokemon Diamond, and wondering if anyone can add to...

THE LIST!

1. Getting a Shiny Clefairy as the pointer in the bonus rounds of the slots.
2. The ghosts of Old Chateau

Any others?

You got a shiny one?

:eh: I play those slots like every day, and I've never seen one.

-PK
07-09-2007, 03:16 AM
You got a shiny one?

:eh: I play those slots like every day, and I've never seen one.

I might have seen a shiny one. That was the 2nd time I got into the slots.
Does this count: After you beat Roark, Gardenia, Wake, Fantina(i think), the girl leader of Snowpoint and before you battle Volkner, they all appear in one other place in the game.

Elemental Brotherhood
07-09-2007, 03:19 AM
Whats that about gym leaders appearing in another place?

And it you play slots, if gotten it a couple of times, you may have seen a clefairy with greeny-blue ears... I beleive its called "Turquoise", but this isn't an art lesson, so ill just click "Submit Reply" now...

mistdragon
07-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Hmmm. Well, I never seen any other Easter Eggs...

All I ever noticed are the ghosts. I didn't even see a Shiny Clefairy lol.

-PK
07-09-2007, 03:23 AM
Whats that about gym leaders appearing in another place?

After you beat Roark, go to the underground the first time and he will be there
Gardenia will be in Eterna forest, outside the Old Chatue
I don't know if Maylene appears anywhere else
Wake is on the route before Stark Mountain
Fantina is in contests, I am not sure
Byron gives you a metal coat in the house on Iron Island
The snowpoint leader lets you into Snowpoint temple
Volkner is in the lighthouse before your battle.
Most of those happen after you get the National Dex.

Fire Away
07-09-2007, 03:24 AM
There's a lot of netspeak in dialogue that I like. My Pokemon is fight! Owned! Noob! It makes me laugh. :P

mistdragon
07-09-2007, 03:28 AM
There's a lot of netspeak in dialogue that I like. My Pokemon is fight! Owned! Noob! It makes me laugh. :P

I totally agree on the 'Noob' part.

I was walking to Oreburgh when;
'Other trainers will look down on you like you're a total noob if you have no badges eh?'

LOL~!

But is that an Easter? No right?

Fire Away
07-09-2007, 03:31 AM
I'd consider it an easter egg, since it was basically put in for people who would know the origins of that. I'd imagine it flies under the radar of those not aware.

Elemental Brotherhood
07-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Ya, i think i'll accept the noob thing, but the gym leaders are just part of the plot... so i think i'll leave them out soz :tongue:

Fire Away
07-09-2007, 03:36 AM
To further elaborate on what I said, one of the main translators from the game was a member/staff person or something from Something Awful. It's not like noob or owned were actually in the original Japanese dialouge. It was included on purpose to tickle those aware of the net lingo. It was put in for the player, and actually, a more specific group of players, making it, in my opinion, an easter egg of the truest sense.

mistdragon
07-09-2007, 03:37 AM
I'd consider it an easter egg, since it was basically put in for people who would know the origins of that. I'd imagine it flies under the radar of those not aware.
Understood, thanks for the enlightenment :)

Anyway, maybe Professor Oak is an Easter Egg? ROFL!

But meh, he appears in every version.

Elemental Brotherhood
07-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Not true, i dont believe he appears in R/S/E... well, maybe in E but i dunno...

mistdragon
07-09-2007, 03:51 AM
Not true, i dont believe he appears in R/S/E... well, maybe in E but i dunno...

Lol well, the kid who calls you noob is in Oreburgh City I believe.

Elemental Brotherhood
07-09-2007, 03:53 AM
K, thanks mistdragon, i'll just fly and check

killanotha1
07-09-2007, 04:02 AM
lol. "noob". I always thought that you only got shiny clefairy in the slot machines? I guess I'm lucky hehe.

In one of the walkthroughs for the game I saw someone say that you were supposed to meet Stephen in the game (he says something about the waterfall HM) I want to see stephen but I never did... That would have been a good easter egg.

anywho. Does the Game Freak guy at the resort count as an easter egg even though hes in every game?

mistdragon
07-09-2007, 04:05 AM
lol. "noob". I always thought that you only got shiny clefairy in the slot machines? I guess I'm lucky hehe.

In one of the walkthroughs for the game I saw someone say that you were supposed to meet Stephen in the game (he says something about the waterfall HM) I want to see stephen but I never did... That would have been a good easter egg.

anywho. Does the Game Freak guy at the resort count as an easter egg even though hes in every game?
I guess the Gamefreak guy SHOULD count as one!

Waterfall HM? I thought it was Jasmine...

Fire Away
07-09-2007, 04:07 AM
Stephen was an easter egg in Emerald. After you beat the E4, you can go into (some cave that slips my mind right now) and waterfall your way up to him, where you can battle.

killanotha1
07-09-2007, 04:27 AM
Stephen was an easter egg in Emerald. After you beat the E4, you can go into (some cave that slips my mind right now) and waterfall your way up to him, where you can battle.

Awww. I wanna battle Stephen again. Although Cynthia was much harder as a champion .. (or was that because i only had 3 Pokemon left ^^;)

Yay. I thought of a an easter egg! *goes back to reading about nonsense on wikipedia*

PokemonTmaster
07-09-2007, 04:30 AM

whos stephen?

troacctid
07-09-2007, 04:31 AM
whos stephen?
He means Steven.

Poring
07-09-2007, 05:13 AM
Doesn't Riley look like Sir Aaron? He owns a Lucario and has the same look, just with more modern clothes. Does that count as an easter egg?

Elemental Brotherhood
07-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Whos Sir Aaron?

mistdragon
07-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Whos Sir Aaron?

Y'know Movie 8, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew?

Sir Aaron is Lucario's OT.

Elemental Brotherhood
07-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Oh, sorry, havnt seen that mov.
Yeah, i think ill add that...

Phantom Kat
07-10-2007, 04:17 AM
There's also this security guard (forgot where) who says he's thirsty. In R/B/Y, you had to give a guard a drink to let you pass to Saffron City.

Elemental Brotherhood
07-12-2007, 03:26 AM
Hmmm... thats kinda an easter egg coz only those who have played R/B/FR/LG would get it...
What does everyone think?

rebelde33
07-12-2007, 05:28 AM
Hmmm... thats kinda an easter egg coz only those who have played R/B/FR/LG would get it...
What does everyone think?
I think that would count as an easter egg. Also don't forget Jasmine casually being in Sunnyshore and remembering that she also lives by the sea (AKA Olivine City) so she should be an easter egg too. :happy:

Sir Namu
07-12-2007, 08:54 AM
easter eggs hmmm oh i have a easter egg that went off

Its called haveing so much bad luck to run into a shiny aron that knows roar... oh the humilation.
hey did bertha have a shiny hipodown to you guys she did for me

Elemental Brotherhood
07-12-2007, 09:30 AM
It wasn't a shiny, the male and female hippowdons have different colours, and that Aron thing isn't an easter egg, it's just reall, really bad luck :oops:

Lord_Menace
07-12-2007, 08:37 PM
What is an "easter egg" anyway?

mjb4991
07-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Pretty much something extra. Like shiny pokemon.

Elemental Brotherhood
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
An easter egg is just something extra included in the game that some people may recognise from another game or something else. eg. the crash bandicoot demo in Spyro :oops: lol

Tokoro
07-12-2007, 11:38 PM
one thing I found funny was in the text select thing (like questionnares) they have the word lol in them. I found that pretty funny.

Spindry
07-13-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't know if it counts, but I was in a beauty contest against Jasmine. She used her Steelix and beat the pants off of my Milotic and I.

Also, is it just me, or does Bertha from DP look a whole lot like she should be the sister of Agatha from the old games?
Their names even sound alike.

Elemental Brotherhood
07-13-2007, 05:47 AM
yea, she did kinda look like Agatha...
I think i might add this... or should i? :hungry:

Jack 7
07-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Easter Egg (media reference)-Something extra added to a game or other form of media that would remind the player/watcher of something else or give them something to look for,but has no real signifigance to the game/media.

I think the bold part of the definition is the most important so we can let people kown that glitches and cheats don't really count.

Would the munchlax shaped rock in sunnyshore city count?

Blue_Dragon_Mew
07-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Also, is it just me, or does Bertha from DP look a whole lot like she should be the sister of Agatha from the old games?
Their names even sound alike.

She did remind me of Agatha. And they're both in the E4.

Your mom appears in the master rank contests with a Kangaskan.

The Joy look-alike at the Contest registration desk appears in the master rank contests with a Chansey.

Psycho__Ryan
07-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Prof. Oak is in the front row of the Super Contests, on the Visual Judging. He never gives hearts........Also, in Ry/Sa/Em, The Ice Leader of Johto is watching the contests from the back row.

killanotha1
07-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Uh at the resort when you find the lady's suite key does the lava cookie you get count as an easter egg?

Flan
07-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Prof. Oak is in the front row of the Super Contests, on the Visual Judging. He never gives hearts........Also, in Ry/Sa/Em, The Ice Leader of Johto is watching the contests from the back row.

Yep, also in R/S/E, Jasmine is watching as well. ;D

Elemental Brotherhood
07-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Sorry, away for a few days. I think most lookalikes would b easter eggs.. i'll add them

lol bananaphone...:oops:

rebelde33
07-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Yep, also in R/S/E, Jasmine is watching as well. ;D
I was always looking for Jasmine in the contests in Sapphire but never saw her...

Jewel_the_Eevee
07-20-2007, 12:12 AM
I don't know if this is an easter egg or not but in Pal Park as soon as you get inside Look to the right and you will see a patch of grass shaped like a footprint.

charmeleonblaze
07-20-2007, 12:33 AM
1st of all, Jasmine was in the game to give you waterfall, so she's not an easter egg. 2nd of all, I see in no way how the word "noob" is an easter egg.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
07-20-2007, 06:52 AM
I don't know if this is an easter egg or not but in Pal Park as soon as you get inside Look to the right and you will see a patch of grass shaped like a footprint.

Not really an easter egg. My sis's game freezes whenever she runs into a pokemon their.