PDA

View Full Version : Which game do you think was the best?

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 02:21 AM
The Blue/Red/ yellow/ green set
edit: The gold/silver/crystal set (forgot)
The ruby/saphire/ emerald set
the leafgreen firered set
or the diamond peral set, not including graphics

my personal favorite is the emrerald/ruby/saphire set because there is much more to do in it overall.
Plus they were much more creative with pokemon. Pokemon d/p has a couple of rare pokemon but they all have pressure ability, even the main 2 legendaries: dialga and palkia have it. While in the other set, although rayquaza didnt have it, it had its awsome move outrage that did 120 damage, while for dialga we ahave a 150 powered move but it requires recharge, rayqaza could deal 240 while dialga does 150. That goes for groudon and kyogre too. They have drought and drizzle abblites. with drought u have a 120 damage move: solar beam whiuch requires no charge because of his ability, and kyogre who automatically makes it rain so he could do 120 damage like groudon.

Please leave your opinion too :)

InfernoWingX
07-10-2007, 02:27 AM

my personal favorite is the emrerald/ruby/saphire set because there is much more to do in it overall.
Plus they were much more creative with pokemon. Pokemon d/p has a couple of rare pokemon but they all have pressure ability, even the main 2 legendaries: dialga and palkia have it. While in the other set, although rayquaza didnt have it, it had its awsome move outrage that did 120 damage, while for dialga we ahave a 150 powered move but it requires recharge, rayqaza could deal 240 while dialga does 150. That goes for groudon and kyogre too. They have drought and drizzle abblites. with drought u have a 120 damage move: solar beam whiuch requires no charge because of his ability, and kyogre who automatically makes it rain so he could do 120 damage like groudon.

Green version = Non exsistant.

You skipped the Silver/Gold era, my favorite...

Lord_Menace
07-10-2007, 02:28 AM

I liked the gold/silver/crystal set the best, esp. because of the legendary dogs

The Jr Trainer
07-10-2007, 02:29 AM
Green exsisted, it was just in Japanesse. But I like the fisrt 6 Games r/b/y/g/s/c.

troacctid
07-10-2007, 02:34 AM
I liked the gold/silver/crystal set the best, esp. because of the legendary dogs
They aren't actually dogs. Lion, tiger, and...um...leopard...? Well, anyway, those are all cats. But nobody thinks of them as cats. So I'd call them "beasts." Except that's too generic. So to avoid confusion, I recommend referring to them as gerbils. That solves everything.

Myself, I'm fond of Ruby and Sapphire. I think they really added a lot to the franchise. Then again, so did Gold and Silver. And Diamond and Pearl. In fact, I should say that it was the very first generation that added the most. Hmm. Well, I stand by my choice.

kadeon
07-10-2007, 02:41 AM
this belongs in the pokemon general (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7) area

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 02:42 AM
bu isn't it really be a "discussion" ( Discussion/Help)

troacctid
07-10-2007, 02:43 AM
bu isn't it really be a "discussion" ( Discussion/Help)
It isn't a Diamond/Pearl discussion, though.

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 02:47 AM
It isn't a Diamond/Pearl discussion, though.

oh i see,,, well if a mod comes along.. he could move it :P

finallegacy
07-10-2007, 02:55 AM
They aren't actually dogs. Lion, tiger, and...um...leopard...?

they actually were dogs, though raikou looked more like a tiger, he was a dog.

I personally liked the emerald version, it was cool, so the hoenn games were the best for me. I never played the G/S/C sadly, but that would have been really cool since you can go to the kanto region also.

kadeon
07-10-2007, 02:59 AM
they actually were dogs, though raikou looked more like a tiger, he was a dog.

I personally liked the emerald version, it was cool, so the hoenn games were the best for me. I never played the G/S/C sadly, but that would have been really cool since you can go to the kanto region also.

now does everyone see they are the LEGENDARY DOGS

Fire Away
07-10-2007, 02:59 AM
Who said they were dogs OR cats? As far as I know there's no reference to them being either, but they definitely look a lot more feline-esque than doggish to me.

GSC is still my favorite generation, by far. The massive amount of content was a dream come true. Revisiting the old gyms and owning them once again was great. :)

kadeon
07-10-2007, 03:09 AM
Who said they were dogs OR cats? As far as I know there's no reference to them being either, but they definitely look a lot more feline-esque than doggish to me.

GSC is still my favorite generation, by far. The massive amount of content was a dream come true. Revisiting the old gyms and owning them once again was great. :)

everyone where i live calls them the dog, INCLUDING ME!

Poring
07-10-2007, 03:11 AM
Like most people, I liked the 2nd generation. I think the music was the best in those games. Team Rocket's revival was awesome, and the Burned and Tin Tower story was also cool. Kanto wasn't very well done, but it was still very nostalgic.

Fire Away
07-10-2007, 03:13 AM
everyone where i live calls them the dog, INCLUDING ME!

Uh. Okay? That doesn't mean everyone else in the world agrees.

Kairyu
07-10-2007, 03:20 AM
Uh. Okay? That doesn't mean everyone else in the world agrees.

Exactly.

But, back toward the TOPIC,

Yellow.

Yellow owned.

The first games were the best.
You got to know your roots. ;D

Lord_Menace
07-10-2007, 03:33 AM
Um they do LOOK like dogs....so that's what I call them. Entei especially, with his big dog paws and fur. Suicune looks sort of like a wolf, and Raikou looks more like a dog than any other animal in my opinion.

Also, their eyes aren't cats' eyes (the thin slits)

Lord_Menace
07-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Yes, when I first got yellow, I was so excited to have Pikachu follow me everywhere. I felt like Ash from the show.

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 04:32 AM
err... ur making me wanna buy them.. all you guys seem to love it

AshMistyMayfan
07-10-2007, 06:01 AM
edit: The gold/silver/crystal set (forgot)

Boy, that's a tough one. I really LOVE the WI Fi set up where you can trade in so many faraway places without you know having to call on the phone. I'm so busy on Diamond, I have yet to try Pearl. I hope if they do a remake on Johto, please include the Wi Fi and some of the Sinou Pokemon. My only disappointment on Diamond is there's no opportunity to get a rematch with the gym leaders, as in when Ash fought Roark in rematch, he got to fight Rampardos, and sadly, there's no opportunity to fight gym leaders again.

What was great about Hoenn was the opportunity (thought some can call it 'ahem' cheating) to bring in other Pokemon. I had a blast formulating other teams. I had fun on Emerald with the move set changer as my Blaziken learned Volt Tackle and Raichu learned Pay Day (I know, those were hacked moves, but it was fun to try new things.)

I always beat those games before I got into, you know, the Action Replay. But I still do things honest as possible.

THe villains are a tie as I like both Magma, Aqua, and now Galactic. Mars to me looks pretty in her outfit and so does Jupiter.

I think the contests on Ruby/Sapphire were easier along with making the berries. The 'poffin' is so hard to make, and I went through 2 units already because I had to spin so fast to make poffins on the screen. I don't know if it wears the sylus down that it leaves a mark and then I can't move items to dress my Pokemon up in.

As for Pokemon:
I like the starters in all 4 generations.

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 06:19 AM
I dont see the point of trading wen u got the action replay....wats the point of trading a groudon for a shiny pokemon when u can get it urself :P

kill_shot
07-10-2007, 06:23 AM
D/P

new pokemon
online wifi

The only thing is it was easier.

but trading is a little easier in a way.

i don't like non escalating lvl E4

but it was fun.(i don't think i ever lost a gym battle..)
and my team wasn't that good, mostly common ones like
rapidash
starapter
starter
gyarados(cool)
and some other non used ones

but Kanto is my favorite other than the special stuff. Harder and lots of stuff to do(7 islands)

Golden-Silver
07-10-2007, 10:47 AM
i think that it is the d/p set ect.cuase of the awesome new pokemon and moves

Tokoro
07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I think I'd probably have to say R/B/Y mainly because I loved the first 150 pokemon. Gold and Silvers pokemon were pretty good too but I really didn't like Ruby and Sapphires. Diamond and Pearl are awesome too. so I think I'd have to say R/B/Y is first, D/P second, G/S third, and R/S last^^

Drift
07-10-2007, 03:43 PM
They aren't actually dogs. Lion, tiger, and...um...leopard...? Well, anyway, those are all cats. But nobody thinks of them as cats. So I'd call them "beasts."

I know! x3 I think the only dog-like one is Suicune, but Entei is def. a lion, and Raikou is def. a tiger. ;3
Anyway, my favorite series was G/S/C. (Particularly Crystal.)
And I'm so sad that my Crystal's internal battery died. T_______T

InfernoWingX
07-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Psypokes says Entei's species is Volcano, Raikou's is Thunder, and Suicune's is Aurora. No referance to Dogs or Cats.

Anyway: Has anybody heard about the possible Silver/Gold remakes for the DS? Those would be the absolute best :D

Electric27
07-10-2007, 03:48 PM
we all agree that in every pokemon game they are called dogs so end this i mean they are only pokemon programs anyway. I like leaf green

Haunted Cereal Box
07-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Gold/Silver/Crystal were the best by far

evil raquaza
07-10-2007, 05:10 PM
gold/silver/crystal is so much the best
raikou: tiger
entei: lion
suicune: wolf

wrathofgod
07-10-2007, 06:02 PM
i like b/r/y i like blue and red because i caught 120 lvl flower pokemon lol and i really love yellow because i can get all starters easier

ZERO-X
07-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Diamond and Pearl set, the legendary Dialga pwns Palkia by stats and learnable moves.

ovi_one
07-10-2007, 11:26 PM
silver version