PDA

View Full Version : My wi-fi is getting me really angry! ( still need hep)

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 04:07 AM
My laptop is working with wi-fi and yet my nintendo ds doesn't pick it up. My friends came over and they used their ds's here and it didnt work.. so theres no prob with my router or ds. Why isn't it working.. it cold be that i'm to far away, but my laptop is pickiing it up, why not my ds... i put this thread in d/p discussion cuz d/p is the only with wi-fi capibility:sleepy::sleepy:

troacctid
07-10-2007, 04:51 AM
My laptop is working with wi-fi and yet my nintendo ds doesn't pick it up. My friends came over and they used their ds's here and it didnt work.. so theres no prob with my router or ds. Why isn't it working.. it cold be that i'm to far away, but my laptop is pickiing it up, why not my ds... i put this thread in d/p discussion cuz d/p is the only with wi-fi capibility:sleepy::sleepy:
You did set up the connection on the Wi-Fi Settings menu, right? Just checking.

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 05:10 AM
You did set up the connection on the Wi-Fi Settings menu, right? Just checking.

thw wfc and settings? if that's wat ur taking about.. yes i did go and chek there

troacctid
07-10-2007, 05:24 AM
thw wfc and settings? if that's wat ur taking about.. yes i did go and chek there
What? I'm talking about the option on the same menu that has "Continue" and "New Game." Did you do the "Search for an Access Point" thing?

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 05:27 AM
What? I'm talking about the option on the same menu that has "Continue" and "New Game." Did you do the "Search for an Access Point" thing?

ya thats what i meant.. only 2 connections show.. up neither the one my laptop got..

AshMistyMayfan
07-10-2007, 05:29 AM

Mr. Wi Fi, don't make me angry. you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

I think it could be you might have to get closer to your unit. I got my DS unit sitting about 8 inches above my DSL, and just about 18 inches or so away from my leg is my Wi Fi unit behind my computer tower that is always on. I thought putting my unit on the desk wouldn't catch the signal but thus far, it has caught it each time despite the fact the printer is in front of the unit along with some books so my signal is never blocked.

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Mr. Wi Fi, don't make me angry. you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

I think it could be you might have to get closer to your unit. I got my DS unit sitting about 8 inches above my DSL, and just about 18 inches or so away from my leg is my Wi Fi unit behind my computer tower that is always on. I thought putting my unit on the desk wouldn't catch the signal but thus far, it has caught it each time despite the fact the printer is in front of the unit along with some books so my signal is never blocked.

ya but i put the ds on the same spot as my laptop.. still no connection

PokemonBoy2106
07-10-2007, 07:21 AM
The same thing is happening with my Wi-Fi. Last night, I was sitting in exactly the chair, in the same spot in the GTS and this morning...BAM! My Wi-Fi connection on the computer is strong but my bro and I's DSes say "No acccses point, blah, blah,blah!" SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!!!!!

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 05:03 PM
The same thing is happening with my Wi-Fi. Last night, I was sitting in exactly the chair, in the same spot in the GTS and this morning...BAM! My Wi-Fi connection on the computer is strong but my bro and I's DSes say "No acccses point, blah, blah,blah!" SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!!!!!

ysy some1 who understands:tongue:

kirkeastment
07-10-2007, 06:44 PM
what error code are you getting when you try to access wifi

you might want to check that your not using a different DS system or a different game with the same DS

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 06:50 PM
wat error code.. im not even getting my router in the list... and i no its not my location cause my laptop is using it at the same location

rebelde33
07-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Have you tried resetting the router?

kirkeastment
07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
ok have you done all of the following

1: set-up your DS to connect to your router

if so, did you use a manual set-up

if not then that may be the problem.

in order for your DS to connect to a router, sometimes you need to choose manuel set-up

the reason to choose a manual set-up is because some routers require you to enter a WEP key, and also require an SSID code.

2: whenever you try to use the GTS or wifi, without success, plz make notes of the error code you received as it is very helpful to know these.

Also there is always an error code, so don't BS me saying that there isn't one, because thats a lie.

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
ok have you done all of the following

1: set-up your DS to connect to your router

if so, did you use a manual set-up

if not then that may be the problem.

in order for your DS to connect to a router, sometimes you need to choose manuel set-up

the reason to choose a manual set-up is because some routers require you to enter a WEP key, and also require an SSID code.

2: whenever you try to use the GTS or wifi, without success, plz make notes of the error code you received as it is very helpful to know these.

Also there is always an error code, so don't BS me saying that there isn't one, because thats a lie.

sigh.. i no there is an error code.. i am saying b4 i used to go to my connection ( mine is unlocked) and it would say connection succesful, or sometimes say i need to get a bit closer, but now it doesnt even have it in my list so i dont BS, and u only get an error code if you use a connection and it fails.. but now there is no connection ( that is mine) that is there. ( i never had to enter my WEP key b4.

rebelde.. ill try now

kirkeastment
07-10-2007, 07:59 PM
sigh.. i no there is an error code.. i am saying b4 i used to go to my connection ( mine is unlocked) and it would say connection succesful, or sometimes say i need to get a bit closer, but now it doesnt even have it in my list so i dont BS, and u only get an error code if you use a connection and it fails.. but now there is no connection ( that is mine) that is there. ( i never had to enter my WEP key b4.

rebelde.. ill try now
sorry my bad i mis-read your posts i thought you were still able to connect.

another thing to check, is that you have the correct drivers installed for your router and also make sure you've got the most up to date software for your router installed

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 08:02 PM
sorry my bad i mis-read your posts i thought you were still able to connect.

another thing to check, is that you have the correct drivers installed for your router and also make sure you've got the most up to date software for your router installed

there is no prob in my router cause it works on my laptop perfectly

kirkeastment
07-10-2007, 08:07 PM
there is no prob in my router cause it works on my laptop perfectly
thats because your laptop isn't a nintendo DS, all newer hardware usually requires newer software upgrades.

so even though your laptop works with the router, doesn't mean your DS will, without updated software your router may not recognise your DS

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 08:09 PM
ugghh so i need a new one?

SunshineWingull
07-10-2007, 08:11 PM

Do you have dial-up Internet like Sage or People PC? If so, same mistake.

Oh, yeah, right... And if you don't, go to a battle or trade place. Do the test, first. But you'll still be registered on the thing on the computer, so go battle or trade first. even if you don't plan on doing it.

I didn't get my friend code until I said "I'll see who wants to fight!" (THAT DOES NOT, WORK WITH BATTLE, ONLY TRADE), tried it, didn't work (aw, you know why, I just told ya), and WHALA! I got my Friend Code!

P.S. NEVER switch from something like Road Runner or DirecTV to People PC. People has better protection, yeah (you can download similar stuff anyway), but it's SLOW and can't do Wi-Fi.

kirkeastment
07-10-2007, 08:12 PM
ugghh so i need a new one?
no you don't need a new one.

this is just an example: just go to the website that your router is from, so if you have a linksys router go the the linksys website, they will have all the updates necessary for any router problems.

so whatever company made your router will have a website for you to download software updates from

bigboy
07-10-2007, 08:12 PM
If you have read nintendowifi,com it says that not all routers can be used with the DS. That maybe why.

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 08:17 PM
If you have read nintendowifi,com it says that not all routers can be used with the DS. That maybe why.

mine is there and it has 5 stars.. ok ill try new software.. i have cable vision.. mad fast

SunshineWingull
07-10-2007, 08:37 PM
mine is there and it has 5 stars.. ok ill try new software.. i have cable vision.. mad fast

Just go buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, dude!

mazharrules
07-10-2007, 08:38 PM
it costs more than my router

and i took the NAT test.. and it failed so i cant use it
i turned off my firewall uninstalled my virus protection just for the scan and it didnt

SunshineWingull
07-10-2007, 08:54 PM
it costs more than my router

and i took the NAT test.. and it failed so i cant use it
i turned off my firewall uninstalled my virus protection just for the scan and it didnt

I need you to help me help you.

Do you have dial-up or no? You know, where it makes that annoying sound?

kadeon
07-11-2007, 12:34 AM
did you register you and your Friends ds?

soulja boy jr
07-12-2007, 04:48 AM
if u have wirless internet connection it will work but if not u need a usb for ds

Berserk Gene
07-12-2007, 05:53 AM
ugh i have lots of problems to. about 2% of the time i get a connection. 100% of that time, the connection breaks.

Most of the time, the icon turns green with all three bars almost instantly, but never actually connects, it just stays there.