PDA

View Full Version : ok, so i officially hate gravellers.

Berserk Gene
07-13-2007, 08:26 PM
So here i am on iron mountain, EV training for defense against gravelers. When all of a sudden, i see something weird.

Yes, a shiny graveler appeared.

It was so beautiful, it was a dark brown with a small hint of gold. It looked like a heavenly meatball, with arms and legs.

The pokemon i was ev training (scizor) was 20 levels higher than this graveler, and it had PP left for iron head..only.

I didn't want to kill off this beautiful thing, so i refrained from using the move. I remembered that i had luck with repeat balls. I caught my first shiny in a repeat ball (banette)

So, i throw it and hope for luck.

This is the sequense of events that followed:

:Wild Graveller apeared!
(shing shing shing [shiny noise])
:Axl used one repeat ball!
:Oh noes! The pokemon broke free!
:Wild Graveller used Selfdestruct!

I'm still not completely over it, so no making fun. :susp:

mjb4991
07-13-2007, 08:29 PM
1. dont make a thread about this.
2. At least you have shinys.:susp:

Hippopotasjunkie
07-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Wow that just totally sucks im sorry :neutral: if it makes you feel better i thought the blue shellos was shiny when i first got d/p and i caught it and freaked out, yet i found two more in 10 minutes lol

Berserk Gene
07-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, what should i do in this type of situation? I mean an exploding shiny..

1. dont make a thread about this.

?

Fire Away
07-13-2007, 08:32 PM
There really isn't anything you CAN do to prevent it from using Selfdestruct.

Also

It was so beautiful, it was a dark brown with a small hint of gold. It looked like a heavenly meatball, with arms and legs.

I lol'd

kill_shot
07-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Wow that just totally sucks im sorry :neutral: if it makes you feel better i thought the blue shellos was shiny when i first got d/p and i caught it and freaked out, yet i found two more in 10 minutes lol

lol same thing happened to me..I WAS LIKE HOLY CRAP!!! shiny!
then I looked it up and it was east:(

Berserk Gene
07-13-2007, 08:33 PM
How does the ability damp work? Does it prevent the other pokemon from using the selfdestruct move completely?? Because next time i go shiny hunting...a pokemon with that ability will be at the top of my party.

Fire Away
07-13-2007, 08:35 PM
How does the ability damp work? Does it prevent the other pokemon from using the selfdestruct move completely?? Because next time i go shiny hunting...a pokemon with that ability will be at the top of my party.

Oh...there is damp. XD

Yeah, that's basically the gyst of how it works. IIRC Poliwag, Psyduck and the Wooper lines all have that ability.

The Jr Trainer
07-13-2007, 08:36 PM

No, just yours, and the same thing happened to me but, I cuaght it. Well I have had stuff in the Safari zone that was Shiny(SHINY CHANSEY FR, IN THE SAFARI ZONE)...

Fire Away
07-13-2007, 08:40 PM
No, it prevents other pokemon. That'd be silly sense I don't remember any of those pokemon being able to Selfdestruct/Explosion.

Archeopterix
07-13-2007, 09:07 PM
This is why you should have been EV training a Golduck instead.

rebelde33
07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
That sucks. I've heard many stories about people finding shiny Gravelers and then selfdestructing. Hopefully you'll find a better shiny pokemon next time. :happy:

-PK
07-13-2007, 09:13 PM
That is why you should always have a masterball or 2 with you.

Linoone
07-13-2007, 09:14 PM

I don't have and I don't even know how totrade items?

Phantom Kat
07-13-2007, 09:14 PM
This is the reason why I haven't used my Master Ball on any of the legendaries.

Sorry for your loss and we all lose shinies in some way or another (me thinks of Shiny Piplup) and I hope you have better luck next time.

Flan
07-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't have and I don't even know how totrade items?

Simple.
Attach item to Pokemon, make sure other person has the item you want attached to their Poke, and then trade. XP
Easy to figure out, no? XD

Roy G Biv
07-13-2007, 09:17 PM
that sucks man, sorry! That's some really bad luck...

slashy
07-13-2007, 09:19 PM
hey, it doesent help if you find a shiny marril in the safiri zone (like me) and all you have are pokeball, and rocks(which will make em run away) i was so NERVOUS when i found that marril in the safiri zone, but i caught it. (yea me) sorry for you thou, i wish you had my luck ;) (but not if it means taking away mine)

Berserk Gene
07-13-2007, 09:24 PM

i have one...but i'm saving it for something extreme. Like, if i find a two headed mewtwo with fricken lazer beams attatched to it's fricken head, there is a 50% chance that i will consider using it.

[/ends austin powers reference]

Flan
07-13-2007, 09:25 PM
i have one...but i'm saving it for something extreme. Like, if i find a two headed mewtwo with fricken lazer beams attatched to it's fricken head, there is a 50% chance that i will consider using it.

0:
That will never happen, I'm sorry to say. >.>

Burningfenix
07-13-2007, 09:27 PM
that almost happened to me, i was in iron mountain and i was helpign that riley guy get out of it and out of no where a onix and shiny gravler appeared i was so happy, my first shiny on DP except couldnt catch it since there were 2 pokemon out, so i attack onix and Rileys lucario uses some steel move on the Gravler and it bearly lives, so i kill lucarion then onix and then i cought my shiny Gravler, right after i cought him another gravler apeared and used Slef destruct, i was so happy it didnt use SD :D

Phantom Kat
07-13-2007, 09:28 PM

Lie Flan siad, I doubt that'll happen.

I would have used it on the Graveller. What else is there after you've caught all the legends?

Lord Celebi
07-13-2007, 09:29 PM
This forum is not for moping about missing Shinies. There is a topic for Shiny Discussion in the General Board.

*Locked*