PDA

View Full Version : Is this wrong?

Mr_Naive
07-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

During my school year, I brough my camcorder to school, and taped with 3 friends them flipping off my camera, well i had it out during class, and my teacher took it away.

Now this is were the unfair part comes in she looked through the whole tape... now me and my friends got in trouble! We got a "CXonduct" refferal [Bad, very bad]

Now I think it's my camcorder and my private stuff, she looked through my birthday videoes and everything. I didin't do it to her so do you think it's fair?It's my camcorder and my private stuff.If you had a camera and a teacher took it, do you want her to look through your stuff?

Sooooo...Do you think she should've looked through my photos and videos? And do you think I deserve a conduct refferal?

Blue-
07-14-2007, 10:36 PM
I think it's fair that she gave you a refferal, (because you shouldn't of had it out during class, especially with that photo on it) but it isn't fair that she looked through the camcorder. That's invading personal privacy.

Berserk Gene
07-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I think it's fair that she gave you a refferal, (because you shouldn't of had it out during class, especially with that photo on it) but it isn't fair that she looked through the camcorder. That's invading personal privacy.

bingo.

Was she from out of the country? Because teachers that are from different places may not be familiar with things like that. My french teacher (from belgium) told me i was writing with the "wrong hand" (lefty) and told me a should use my other hand. I was like "uhh...no?" and she reffered me to the office.

Of course, she got in trouble, not me. She didn't get fired or anything.

The Jr Trainer
07-14-2007, 11:02 PM
I think you can Sue people for what see did, all the Teacher can do I confenscate stuff if they look though it, it is like searching somebodies house for a Specific Item, then going look they stole this from me, when it was never stolen.

You souldn't of done, what you did, but she shoudn't of look thoguh your personal stuff.

Shadow Eevee
07-14-2007, 11:32 PM
bingo.

Was she from out of the country? Because teachers that are from different places may not be familiar with things like that. My french teacher (from belgium)Fench Fires were also made in Belgium.:susp: told me i was writing with the "wrong hand" (lefty) and told me a should use my other hand. I was like "uhh...no?" and she reffered me to the office.

Of course, she got in trouble, not me. She didn't get fired or anything.W00t! Justice is served!

Anyway, for what she did, you didn't even have a right to bring it, but looking at it made her the criminal.

Mr_Naive
07-14-2007, 11:59 PM
W00t! Justice is served!

Anyway, for what she did, you didn't even have a right to bring it, but looking at it made her the criminal.

I did have the right to bring it..

Listen if I went through her cell phone I would get in trouble right, or her camera I'm not her property nothing I own is hers she doesn't have the right to looks through my stuff.

KOR
07-15-2007, 12:04 AM
You should have been smart and just not brought your camera at all. You should have thought of the risk of her looking through it if it got caught.

Shadow Eevee
07-15-2007, 01:58 AM

Listen if I went through her cell phone I would get in trouble right, or her camera I'm not her property nothing I own is hers she doesn't have the right to looks through my stuff.

I meant as in, is it a field trip? Did she allow you?

Professor Geoffrey
07-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Looking through private stuff is BAD. Can't you sue for that? Not that I'm giving away ideas to make everyone's life miserable... Well, you can sue for just about everything now... That judge that went after that family-owned laundormat over a pair of pants was stupid. Nobody represents themselves in a court of law. Probably why he lost. Me and my mom always joke around that if somebody does something bad, we'll sue 'em for $500,000,000. XD

Matt
07-15-2007, 02:40 AM
Um, Brown vs. Board of Education. There's your answer.

~Falcon~
07-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Matt, remember your dealing with 11 year olds who probably think thats a boxing match, not a supreme court case.

I personally think she had every right to do that, you brought something you weren't supposed to bring to school. So "privacy" isn't an excuse :P

Shadow Eevee
07-15-2007, 03:03 AM
You have a point on the first line.

I'm not so fond of line 2, though.
Just tell your parents.

IBeatRyan
07-15-2007, 03:06 AM

During my school year, I brough my camcorder to school, and taped with 3 friends them flipping off my camera, well i had it out during class, and my teacher took it away.

Now this is were the unfair part comes in she looked through the whole tape... now me and my friends got in trouble! We got a "CXonduct" refferal [Bad, very bad]

Now I think it's my camcorder and my private stuff, she looked through my birthday videoes and everything. I didin't do it to her so do you think it's fair?It's my camcorder and my private stuff.If you had a camera and a teacher took it, do you want her to look through your stuff?

Sooooo...Do you think she should've looked through my photos and videos? And do you think I deserve a conduct refferal?

She is in the wrong for looking though your privite stuff what ever you do is up to you

Shadow Eevee
07-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Just asking, was there anything reputation damaging?

PokemonBoy2106
07-15-2007, 05:34 AM
Perhaps her meaning of looking through it was to see if you were doing anything wrong, but she couldve skipped through if she realised it wasnt wha you had just been caught doing. Perhaps next time, copy the files onto ur computer and then take the videos off the camera. In general, no she should've looked through all the stuff on ur camera

Jack of Clovers
07-15-2007, 06:41 AM

Having it out during class was your fault. She can confiscate anything that might disrupt class, though, a simple warning to put it away should have been made first. Now, her looking through the camera, she has no right to do that, no matter what was on the tape. That's a personal violation of privacy.

Every school's rules are different. So I'd read the student rules and see if the teacher violated any. Even if what she did was ok by school standards, it's still a very immoral thing to do.

~Jack~

Pokemonstrosity
07-15-2007, 07:38 AM

I'm sure there is something in the school hand book that they distributed on the first day about bringing recording equiptment to school and the legal hinderences.
You are entering a sort of legal limbo when you enter school property. Yes, you have rights, but not the sort of property rights you would have outside of school (and, depending on the state you live in even your 4th amendment can be... well, amendended when you are on school property).

Check your handbook.
Um, Brown vs. Board of Education. There's your answer.
Answer being: racial discrimination is bad?

IBeatRyan
07-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Yeah the school system can be really mean some times

Teo
07-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Actually, here is the odd thing. When you're in school. You pretty much have no rights. So, she could have by all means done what she wanted with it as long as you had it out in class. In other words, its your own fault really. You should have kept it in your bag out of sight from the teacher.

Yeah though, when you're in school, you pretty much don't have basic rights. Well considering its only from elementary through high school. If I remember correctly, you're still with in the schools jurisdiction on your way to school, while your in school, and on your way home from school.

As sad as it may sound. You have no real power when your at school. So what ever the teacher says pretty much goes as long as it abides by the schools code of conduct.