PDA

View Full Version : Secret Bases and Battling trainers from other games for EXP?!

Alakazam
03-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Someone mentioned that they train against their friend's pokémon at their Scret Bases...how does one do this? Do you mix records, and then go to your friend's base?

Thunderbird
03-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Yes, link up two GBAs and mix records, then u can access your friend's secret base and battle him/her.

Kento Kasha
03-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Dude, that's awesome. A sweet feature that not many know about, but it's awesome. I assume that you can check out each other's SBs before going to battle them?

voidsign
03-15-2004, 11:05 PM
That's right, you get to see all their items and stuff when you enter their base, its pretty nifty.

One thing though, when you enter their base you must register it by accessing their computer, once that's done the base will be stored on your game. other wise when you share records with some one else their base will disappear ( at least that's what I think happens, I've never not registered a base :confused: )

Another thing you can only have up to 10 bases stored on your game at any one time, but thats not a bad thing though as you can have up to 10 great battles a day and rack up a ton of EXP for you Pokemon.

TotodileHop24
03-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Yet another great reason why I love playing the game... once I get bored battling at Sky Pillar, I visit all of my friends secret bases to battle. :wink:

A few more things about this feature:

Depending on your gender and the last number of your ID, you will have your own specific sprite. For example:

If you are Male and your last number of your ID ends with...
0 or 5 = Youngster
1 or 6 = Bug Catcher
2 or 7 = Rich Boy
3 or 8 = Camper
4 or 9 = Cooltrainer (Male)

If you are Female and your last number of your ID ends with...
0 or 5 - Lass
1 or 6 - School Kid
2 or 7 - Lady
3 or 8 - Picnicker
4 or 9 - Cooltrainer (Female)

Also, the Pokemon that you have had in your party at the time that you mixed records will be the same ones that will be battling against whoever happens to find your base. So if you want to make some changes to your team, just select the Pokemon you want, then mix records again.

Steven
03-17-2004, 06:22 AM
The only way a base can disappear is if it's unregistered, and someone else makes a secret base in the exact same place, or if you delete it yourself.

Also, when you trade records, all your secret bases get transfered. for example:

[John]---|
.............|---[Steven]---[Robert]
[Jake]---|

(don't pay attention to the periods above)

what happens above, is John trades rex with me and so does Jake, so now I have mine, John's and Jakes, and then when I trade with Robert, all my bases go over to his game, so he'll have four, and so will I.

Another cool thing about trading records is that you can CLONE!

To clone, just trade your team to another person, trade records, trade back pokemon and when you go to their secret base to fight them, they'll have your pokemon, but since to trade back, you have your's as well! It's a great way to level up, because you have equal pokemon, and you already know your own weaknesses, and if you level up your own a few levels before fighting your self, you'll have the edge. I just hope you don't lose to the AI version of yourself... :redface:

Browz
06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
That's right, you get to see all their items and stuff when you enter their base, its pretty nifty.

One thing though, when you enter their base you must register it by accessing their computer, once that's done the base will be stored on your game. other wise when you share records with some one else their base will disappear ( at least that's what I think happens, I've never not registered a base :confused: )

Another thing you can only have up to 10 bases stored on your game at any one time, but thats not a bad thing though as you can have up to 10 great battles a day and rack up a ton of EXP for you Pokemon.

Could you plz explain to me how you create a base.

rnc2b1
06-07-2007, 02:17 AM
On route 111 there is a boy standing in front of a tree that gives you the tm that contain secret base.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
06-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Please don't revive old threads. If you have a question, you can make a new thread.

Once you've taught the TM Secret Power (that rnc2b1 is talking about) to your Pokemon then you can go up to a tuft of grass, a large tree or an indent in a rock wall and use Secret Power to create a base.

If you need further help, you can just ask in here ^^
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1269