PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 64 2?

Hariken4
03-16-2004, 10:26 PM
I've found several adds on the internet for the last couple of days about Nintendo making a second version of N64. Has anyone else seen them?

Agent Orange
03-17-2004, 12:37 AM
By second N64 they might have meant the Gamecube... :think: Were they old or new ads?

Neo Emolga
03-17-2004, 12:48 AM
By second N64 they might have meant the Gamecube... :think: Were they old or new ads?

Yeah, I would ask the same question. There's no point for Nintendo making a new system that is only 64 megs again. And again, who would want to have a downgraded system when there's better stuff out there.

I honestly don't think Nintendo has any plan of releasing a second N64.

boltAge
03-17-2004, 04:49 AM
Maybe Nintendo 64 2 = 64 x 2 = 128megs. lol.

Heh, I don't believe it's the GC, because GC has been out for ages :snooty:

jangofett
03-17-2004, 10:11 PM
ok, first of all, they are making somthing, but not a n 64 2, it's a handheld called nintendo ds. it looks like a gba sp, only two screens and graphics like gamecube.

Hariken4
03-18-2004, 11:59 PM
I don't know if it's new or old. I don't check dates on adds but if it was an old add, why would it still be on the internet? But I've only seen it once...

Kento Kasha
03-19-2004, 01:10 AM
There is no such thing as the Nintendo 64 2, there never was and there never will be. What you saw was probably a hox, pre-GCN gossip, or one of the N64 variations that flopped. I'm talking, of course, about the N64 with the tapedeck. Anyone remember that? It had the VHS slot right there on the bottom. It flopped because people already had a VHS player and just wanted the N64. I would have bought it! :biggrin: Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. :wink: I'm also pretty sure that it's accurate too.

Tamer Marco
03-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Yes I doubt there will be a new N64. But there may be a new gamecube. Now i'm just being hard headed.

Jirachi
03-27-2004, 12:20 AM
ok, first of all, they are making somthing, but not a n 64 2, it's a handheld called nintendo ds. it looks like a gba sp, only two screens and graphics like gamecube.Yes that is right.It looks cool.

Kan
03-27-2004, 01:34 AM
There is no such thing as the Nintendo 64 2, there never was and there never will be. What you saw was probably a hox, pre-GCN gossip, or one of the N64 variations that flopped. I'm talking, of course, about the N64 with the tapedeck. Anyone remember that? It had the VHS slot right there on the bottom. It flopped because people already had a VHS player and just wanted the N64. I would have bought it! :biggrin: Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. :wink: I'm also pretty sure that it's accurate too.

That was a disk drive, not a tape deck. You know the Master Quest version of Ocarina of Time that's on the GC? That was originally going to be a N64DD game, but plans were scrapped/delayed. :confused:

_DarkCharizard_
03-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Nintendo actually have 2 consoles confirmed to be on the horizon.

DS - the Dual screen portable, which although I dont want it to, will probably fail miserably, thanks to PS2- fanboys making love to their PSPs and a whole load of sheep (companies and customers) following them.

and N5 - the fifth Nintendo home console, no official pictures yet, but keep your fingers crossed that this will be the one to win back the market for good ol' NInty.

PS. Im a "Nintendo Loyalist" so please dont offend them when Im around, I have a tendency to go crazy and defensive.

Kento Kasha
04-19-2004, 05:52 PM
That was a disk drive, not a tape deck. You know the Master Quest version of Ocarina of Time that's on the GC? That was originally going to be a N64DD game, but plans were scrapped/delayed. :confused:

Oh really? I thought it was a tape deck. Oh well, and yes, it was the N64DD! That's the name. I couldn't remember it. :ermm: Well either way, that would have been a cool innovation back then *points to quote* Wonder why the scrapped it.... Oh well, it doesn't matter, MQ of OoT is on GCN. :biggrin: