PDA

View Full Version : Un Official Madden NFL 2008 thread

Orthar
08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
With Madden 08 just 1 day from release(in the US anyway) I thought I would, once again, make another thread dedicated to a single video game, with good reason I might add. Madden 08 is going to be in an instant hit, but you already know that. This years Madden has features exclusive to each of the 7th generation consoles. The Wii's "Party Mode" is a great example.

If you want, post what version of the game your getting and what thing(s) your looking forward to seeing.

I myself am picking it up for the Wii.

Clutch
08-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Just one more day... I've been waiting for MONTHS. I'm so glad my dad's buying it for me, tomorrow. :D

I'm not sure which system I want it for. I'm leaning towards 360, since I'm used to just using the hunk of plastic and pressing buttons. :P

Maybe the Wii, because passing's always fun, as well as juking and spinning.

Probably the 360, but we'll see.

Also, as soon as I pop in it, I always check out the rosters, just incase I have to edit anything to keep it up to date. I might just have to remove Vick from the Falcons. :O

Orthar
08-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Just one more day... I've been waiting for MONTHS. I'm so glad my dad's buying it for me, tomorrow. :D

I'm not sure which system I want it for. I'm leaning towards 360, since I'm used to just using the hunk of plastic and pressing buttons. :P

Maybe the Wii, because passing's always fun, as well as juking and spinning.

Probably the 360, but we'll see.

Also, as soon as I pop in it, I always check out the rosters, just incase I have to edit anything to keep it up to date. I might just have to remove Vick from the Falcons. :O
I might have to remove Vick from...yeah. I also check the rosters but I always play 1 game first. The game is my dream Super Bowl game...and boy is it a dream. It's always the Dallas Cowboys vs Unknown. Last year I faced the Chargers. This year I'm leaning towards either the Bengals, Patriots, or who I think the darkhorse of this is year is going to be, the Titans.

After that I dive into franchise mode and let the fantasy draft begin.

Linoone
08-13-2007, 08:38 PM
I wish I could get the game. But I can't...I don't know why though......;-;

Clutch
08-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I might have to remove Vick from...yeah. I also check the rosters but I always play 1 game first. The game is my dream Super Bowl game...and boy is it a dream. It's always the Dallas Cowboys vs Unknown. Last year I faced the Chargers. This year I'm leaning towards either the Bengals, Patriots, or who I think the darkhorse of this is year is going to be, the Titans.

After that I dive into franchise mode and let the fantasy draft begin.
Fantasy Draft > You.

Simple as that.

Orthar
08-14-2007, 06:46 PM
I picked up Madden 08 last night at a midnight release. All I have to say is: Awesome. It has to be one of the best Madden games to date. The controls for the Wii are really easy to get a hang of and fun to use. I started my Franchise mode and I am 1 and 0 so far in pre season. I did a fantasy draft and my starters for the main offense position are:

QB-Tony Romo
RB-Marion Barber
WR- Larry Fitzgerald/Santana Moss
TE-Jason Witten
FB-I forget his name

I'll post a full roster later when I get the chance.

Clutch
08-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Ughh, I wasn't able to get it yesterday. My dad was at work all day, and I had football pictures, then football practice after that. By the time that was all over, it was 8pm, and it was probably sold out by then; seeing as I wanted it for 360. :neutral:

I don't think I'll be getting it for a while now. Maybe Friday, or this weekend if I'm lucky.

Clutch
08-20-2007, 12:41 AM
I finally picked it up yesterday at Circuit City for the 360. :biggrin:

This game is absolutley outstanding. The graphics are phenomenal, the framerate consistently stays at 60FPS, which it's never been at before. (Used to be 30 FPS.) The details are great as well. Helmet scuffs, wrinkled jerseys, torn grass, detailed player models, authentic stadiums, and just about everything else you could possibly think of.

I started up a Franchise last night. No, I didn't do a Fantasy Draft; I just chose my good ol' Washington Redskins, put the settings to All-Pro, time to 7 minutes per quarter, and started. So far, I'm 0-2 in the pre-season, but that was only due to costly mistakes.

Once was when I was playing the Titans, and it was tied up 24-24. It was the 4th quarter, 24 seconds left, and I was in the Red Zone. I had Brunell at QB and Betts in at Half Back. I faked the handoff to Betts, and waited for Chris Cooley, the TE, to get into the corner of the End Zone. He was in single-coverage, so I thought I could squeeze the ball in. But I thought wrong. The corner broke off into a 45 degree angle, and swiped the ball out of the air, and ran it back for a TD. After the score, it was 31-24, with about 8 seconds on the clock. I return the ball to the 25. About 3 seconds left. I try a deep pass to Moss down the right side of the field. He catches it, but was tackled at the 30. Final Score: Titans 31 - Redskins 24.

In the next game, I played the Steelers. Again, it was the 4th quarter, but it was tied up 21-21. I'm on the 18 yard line, in the Red Zone. A little under 30 seconds were left, and I call a Timeout to think over what play I should call, and to stop the clock. Should I run the ball with Betts, who's done so well on the ground, or should I throw the ball to the Full Back, Mike Sellers, right in the middle of the end-zone? I chose to run the ball, since I still had a Time Out. Brunell hands the ball off to Betts. He gets hit by Troy Polomalu, and Fumbles. A Steeler DB picks it up, but luckily, Brandon Lloyd, the WR, tackles him at around mid-field. On that possesion, they couldn't get the First Down, and kick a field-goal. Score's 24-21, I'm down by 3. I return it with Randel El. I fumble, AGAIN... just great... And a Steeler takes it to the house; end of the game. Final Score: Steelers 31 - Redskins 21.

I plan to win next week's game, as long as something as unlucky as that doesn't happen again. :tongue:

Orthar
08-21-2007, 01:51 AM
I finally picked it up yesterday at Circuit City for the 360. :biggrin:

This game is absolutley outstanding. The graphics are phenomenal, the framerate consistently stays at 60FPS, which it's never been at before. (Used to be 30 FPS.) The details are great as well. Helmet scuffs, wrinkled jerseys, torn grass, detailed player models, authentic stadiums, and just about everything else you could possibly think of.

I started up a Franchise last night. No, I didn't do a Fantasy Draft; I just chose my good ol' Washington Redskins, put the settings to All-Pro, time to 7 minutes per quarter, and started. So far, I'm 0-2 in the pre-season, but that was only due to costly mistakes.

Once was when I was playing the Titans, and it was tied up 24-24. It was the 4th quarter, 24 seconds left, and I was in the Red Zone. I had Brunell at QB and Betts in at Half Back. I faked the handoff to Betts, and waited for Chris Cooley, the TE, to get into the corner of the End Zone. He was in single-coverage, so I thought I could squeeze the ball in. But I thought wrong. The corner broke off into a 45 degree angle, and swiped the ball out of the air, and ran it back for a TD. After the score, it was 31-24, with about 8 seconds on the clock. I return the ball to the 25. About 3 seconds left. I try a deep pass to Moss down the right side of the field. He catches it, but was tackled at the 30. Final Score: Titans 31 - Redskins 24.

In the next game, I played the Steelers. Again, it was the 4th quarter, but it was tied up 21-21. I'm on the 18 yard line, in the Red Zone. A little under 30 seconds were left, and I call a Timeout to think over what play I should call, and to stop the clock. Should I run the ball with Betts, who's done so well on the ground, or should I throw the ball to the Full Back, Mike Sellers, right in the middle of the end-zone? I chose to run the ball, since I still had a Time Out. Brunell hands the ball off to Betts. He gets hit by Troy Polomalu, and Fumbles. A Steeler DB picks it up, but luckily, Brandon Lloyd, the WR, tackles him at around mid-field. On that possesion, they couldn't get the First Down, and kick a field-goal. Score's 24-21, I'm down by 3. I return it with Randel El. I fumble, AGAIN... just great... And a Steeler takes it to the house; end of the game. Final Score: Steelers 31 - Redskins 21.

I plan to win next week's game, as long as something as unlucky as that doesn't happen again. :tongue:
Sounds sweet. I'm 3-1 so far. I only lost against the Miami Dolphins 44-40 in a heart breaker. It was 40-37 me and I knew that I needed TD to win the game. I was on like the 7 yard line and I had tried to run it in with a combination of Marion Barber and Corey Dillon. So on fourth and goal, since I had ran the previous 3 plays I decided to see if I could get the defense to bite on a play action pass to the right corner of the end zone, where I had Larry Fitzgerald. It was single coverage when I through it but when Fitzgerald went up for the ball he got popped and the ball fell right into Ty Law's hands. He ran it back all the way as time expired.

Dolphins 44-Cowboys 40.

Darnit. xP