PDA

View Full Version : My Shoddy Battle team

cyl3x
08-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Well... I need help with my shoddy battle team. Here it goes.

Lopunny@Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
Trait: Klutz
EVs: 28 HP, 248 Atk, 232 Spd
-Ice Punch
-Switcheroo
-Agility
-Baton Pass

This thing screws Garchomp/Salamence Leads. With 334 Speed, it outruns jolly Chomp. Switcheroo is given to screw with physical leads. Ice Punch screws over Dragons. Although, I could use Thunder punch and Return over the Agilpass. I'm not quite sure on that.

Blissey@Wide Lens
Bold Nature
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Def, 116 HP, 140 SAtk
-Focus Blast
-Charge Beam
-Ice Beam
-Softboiled

My sweepbliss. She uses charge beams a few times and sweeps. Yes. Wide lens and Serene Grace boosts Charge beam's Reliablility and Focus Blast's Accuracy. NOTE: Her leftovers loss is explained later.

Tangrowth@Leftovers
Careful Nature
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP, 184 SDef, 56 Def, 16Atk
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Sleep Powder

Well, He's my precious Physical Wall. Sub seeding works wonders. Sleep powder is for keeping sweepers at bay. Power Whip is for the sake of a reliable attack. I would use a set involving sunny day but Leaf Guard isn't on shoddy yet so...

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Bold Nature
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP, 252 Def, 68 SAtk
-Baton Pass
-Surf
-Substitute
-Aqua ring

Okay, as mentioned before, Blissey doesn't have leftovers. So she'll lose health more easily. WRONG. I'll pass a Substitute to Bliss and Aqua ring. Aqua ring serves as leftovers so that Bliss can sweep and wall at the same time.

Electivire@Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk, 176 Spd, 84 HP
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

Electivire is my Physical Sweeper of this set. With Vaporeon hanging out here to take hits, he comes in nicely with a predicted electric hit. Boost with speed and that crazy attack, he'll sweep like there's no tomorrow.

Heatran@Choice Specs
Modest nature
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtk, 4 HP
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Overheat

He's my precious Special Sweeper. He kills.

I need critique and possibly powerful counters for modification.

Shadow Charizard
08-24-2007, 02:26 PM
i think this is an awesome team but i would replace heatran with something because not many people allow legendaries in battles against them.

chadi
08-24-2007, 07:13 PM
On Electivire, you could do:

Electivire@Expert Belt
Lonely Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 176 Spd, 80 SpAtk
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

Beats SkarmBliss.

RonRaygunX3
08-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Mabye replace Heatran for Arcanine? Cause often times legandaries arebaned from battle, so Arcanine could take his place and still get FlashFire power up so it wouldn't mess with your tactics or anything.

-Holland-
08-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Alakazam or Gengar will make for excellent special sweepers.

cyl3x
08-25-2007, 12:47 AM
i think this is an awesome team but i would replace heatran with something because not many people allow legendaries in battles against them.
Heatran is generally an OU pokemon and has been accepted so far as an OU pokemon. I guess I could try T-bolt on Eletivire. I'll see how that turns out.

Cool Kid 94
08-25-2007, 02:46 PM

Lopunny@Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
-Ice Punch
-Switcheroo
-Agility
-Baton Pass

This thing screws Garchomp/Salamence Leads. With 334 Speed, it outruns jolly Chomp. Switcheroo is given to screw with physical leads. Ice Punch screws over Dragons. Although, I could use Thunder punch and Return over the Agilpass. I'm not quite sure on that.

Blissey@Wide Lens
Bold Nature
-Focus Blast
-Charge Beam
-Ice Beam
-Softboiled

My sweepbliss. She uses charge beams a few times and sweeps. Yes. Wide lens and Serene Grace boosts Charge beam's Reliablility and Focus Blast's Accuracy. NOTE: Her leftovers loss is explained later.

Tangrowth@Leftovers
Careful Nature
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Sleep Powder

Well, He's my precious Physical Wall. Sub seeding works wonders. Sleep powder is for keeping sweepers at bay. Power Whip is for the sake of a reliable attack. I would use a set involving sunny day but Leaf Guard isn't on shoddy yet so...

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Baton Pass
-Surf
-Substitute
-Aqua ring

Okay, as mentioned before, Blissey doesn't have leftovers. So she'll lose health more easily. WRONG. I'll pass a Substitute to Bliss and Aqua ring. Aqua ring serves as leftovers so that Bliss can sweep and wall at the same time.

Electivire@Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

Electivire is my Physical Sweeper of this set. With Vaporeon hanging out here to take hits, he comes in nicely with a predicted electric hit. Boost with speed and that crazy attack, he'll sweep like there's no tomorrow.

Heatran@Choice Specs
Modest nature
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Overheat

He's my precious Special Sweeper. He kills.

I need critique and possibly powerful counters for modification.

IMO Lopunny could use Fling instead of Switcheroo. 30 Power AND Burns. And you don't get the Choice Specs from a SpecsMence.

Blissey@Leftovers (Natural Cure)
Bold (252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def)
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Seismic Toss
Softboiled

That's a Blissey. Most people use Thunder Wave and Aromatherapy over Toxic and Stealth Rock... BTW you can double Recover with Aqua Ring and Leftovers.

Heatran shouldn't be EV'd in Speed. Let it be slow. Unless you're planning on AgilPassing it.

ronjocox
08-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Heatran shouldn't be EV'd in Speed. Let it be slow. Unless you're planning on AgilPassing it.

Actually, it should be max Eved in speed unless it's choice scarfed.

Hyper Blaze
08-25-2007, 05:25 PM

Lopunny@Iron Ball
Jolly Nature
-Ice Punch
-Fling
-Agility
-Baton Pass

Fling will pwn combine with Iron Ball, while they get the item.

Blissey@Wide Lens
Bold Nature
-Focus Blast
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Softboiled

Stealth Rock IS needed

Tangrowth@Leftovers
Careful Nature
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Sleep Powder

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Baton Pass
-Surf
-Substitute
-Aqua ring

Electivire@Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Timid nature
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Flash Cannon

Heatran is only good with Choice Scarf + Timid if it has Speed.

All changes in bold.

Cool Kid 94
08-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Hyper Blaze, his Tangela has Substitiute for a reason... And they don't get the Iron Ball if you Fling it.

Hyper Blaze
08-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Hyper Blaze, his Tangela has Substitiute for a reason... And they don't get the Iron Ball if you Fling it.

Yeah, remember your mewtwo got the Flame Orb?

Lucavi
08-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Huge Heracross problems. Gyarados also poses a big threat

cyl3x
08-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Huge Heracross problems. Gyarados also poses a big threat

Gyarados isn't much of a problem from experience. You know, I could switch in with my bliss, and it'll taunt me, as I fire up charge beams lol. But I do agree with heracross. I need help on that. I think I need another physical sweeper. I think I might have to sacrifice my awesome unpredictable lead lopunny. She's killed chomps for me.