Item: Leftovers
HP 252 Def 128 SpD 128
- Wil-o-wisp
- Pain Split
- Protect
- Thunder Punch

-Holland-
08-29-2007, 05:25 AM
A) Infernape has no need for Grass Knot. Thunderpunch and Close Combat cover all the advantages of a Grass move, so trash it. Ground types may prove a threat, but it's unlikely that they're very heavy, so Grass Knot won't be so helpful. Just use a STAB move to down them. As for filling in for Grass Knot, I'd say Shadow Claw or Stone Edge, depending on your preference. Mine has Shadow Claw because typically Psychic types are Special Sweepers. Shadow Claw also eliminates Gengar's advantages over Infernape.

B) Forretress is awesome. Maybe Rapid Spin is iffy, but awesome nevertheless.

C) I'm personally against Dusknoir being a stat attacker at all. His offensive move should be Night Shade, and then another move to attack Normal types if you would like. I recommend Night Shade, Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp, and Destiny Bond, but that's just me.

DragoniteMistress
08-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Diarago covered Infernape for me (Thank god) and as for Forretress, this might prove slightly better:

Forretress
Relaxed Nature
EVs: 252 Defense / 252 Sp. Defense / 4 HP
@ Leftovers
~ Spikes
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Stealth Rock
~ Explosion

Start off with Spikes, Toxic Spikes (x2), Stealth Rock, and then use Explosion to helpfully KO your enemy and send out your next Pokemon, with their team completely at mercy of Forretress' moves.

tonmon58
08-30-2007, 01:33 AM
this forretress survives till the end of battle...its taken down garchomps and salamences with 2 dd's + firefang...especially when they use fire fang...even an ev'd hp dragonite...im through with explosion...its too overused on spikers...plus my vaporeon heals forretress when he gets low.

DragoniteMistress
08-30-2007, 03:01 AM
this forretress survives till the end of battle...its taken down garchomps and salamences with 2 dd's + firefang...especially when they use fire fang...even an ev'd hp dragonite...im through with explosion...its too overused on spikers...plus my vaporeon heals forretress when he gets low.

You asked for an opinion; you get an opinion.

Just because a move is overused doesn't make it bad. Forretress isn't the best tank, the only reason it survived a Fire Fang was because of its defenses, when if you were to use Flamethrower that Forretress would be so KOed beyond belief it'd be frightening. Forretress is better used for its sturdiness, as well as versatile spiking. Explosion puts the icing on the cake, and is a great way to knock around your opponent's opener.

tonmon58
08-30-2007, 03:26 AM
yeah youre right...i just can't go and wait 6 turns to lay everything down...spikes + stealthrock + toxic spikes takes too long and can easily be rapid spinned with one turn...and flamethrower...i have protect to confirm that if they are spamming flamethrower then i switch to vaporeon...i use to have an arcanine to take it but i wanted something to counter skarm/bliss