PDA

View Full Version : Bleach

Nick_Roge
09-07-2007, 02:10 AM
Why is Bleach called that? If it's because of something past episode 12 don't tell me.

Xerion
09-07-2007, 02:17 AM
The wonderful anime Bleach, was created by the Japanese manga artist Kubo Tite. In this fantastic action-adventure title, comes dramatic sequences that pull the viewers attention to the quality and quantity of content that is expressed. The story itself is based on a 15 year old (Ichigo Kurosaki); an exhuberant individual with bright orange hair, and anything but a normal life. The interesting aspect of Ichigo is his keen ability to see ghosts, this ability is primary focus of Ichigo's character in Bleach.

One special day his life was altered forever, this being due to an encounter with a Shinigami named Rukia Kuchiki. With this unusual encouter, Ichigo's family is dramatically attacked. With the help of his new found aquaintance, Ichigo and Rukia are able to defeat an evil spirit. Afterwards Ichigo wises up and realizes that he must accept his calling to the dangerous life as a Shinigami, the adventure now begins.

Side Notes: Shinigami is term used in many other anime as the "Death God" or "Soul Reaper". They basically direct the good spirits to "heaven" and kill the evil spirits. And evil spirits happen to be drawn to Ichigo because of his high psychic energy (ex: he can see ghosts). In other words, it means 'Cleansing the Soul'

-Xerion

Nick_Roge
09-07-2007, 03:04 AM
What did that have to do with my question?

Kenny_C.002
09-07-2007, 07:30 AM
I have no clue myself either. I just thought the guy wanted to call it Bleach as a tribute of sorts, but I don't have any real confirmation on that stuff.

Stubby Boardman
09-07-2007, 10:18 PM
thats a great question but i like the show a lot

Furyflame
09-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Why is Bleach called that? If it's because of something past episode 12 don't tell me.
It refers to purifying the soul. :P

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-07-2007, 11:54 PM

Do you have any source to back that up? :S

There could be various reasons.

Furyflame
09-08-2007, 12:02 AM

No, I don't. :P But numerous people say that's what it means.

Nick_Roge
09-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Well, I suppose that would make sense, since in a sense, bleach "purifies".

Hatchet
09-08-2007, 12:10 AM
No, I don't. :P But numerous people say that's what it means.
It also actually makes sense.

Like I said.
That really makes sense.
The wonderful anime Bleach, was created by the Japanese manga artist Kubo Tite. In this fantastic action-adventure title, comes dramatic sequences that pull the viewers attention to the quality and quantity of content that is expressed. The story itself is based on a 15 year old (Ichigo Kurosaki); an exhuberant individual with bright orange hair, and anything but a normal life. The interesting aspect of Ichigo is his keen ability to see ghosts, this ability is primary focus of Ichigo's character in Bleach.

One special day his life was altered forever, this being due to an encounter with a Shinigami named Rukia Kuchiki. With this unusual encouter, Ichigo's family is dramatically attacked. With the help of his new found aquaintance, Ichigo and Rukia are able to defeat an evil spirit. Afterwards Ichigo wises up and realizes that he must accept his calling to the dangerous life as a Shinigami, the adventure now begins.

Side Notes: Shinigami is term used in many other anime as the "Death God" or "Soul Reaper". They basically direct the good spirits to "heaven" and kill the evil spirits. And evil spirits happen to be drawn to Ichigo because of his high psychic energy (ex: he can see ghosts). In other words, it means 'Cleansing the Soul'

-Xerion
It's known as "Spiritual Pressure", "Reiatsu", or "Spirit Energy."
Not Psychic energy. He has high Reiatsu, I believe, due to the fact that his father was a "Shinigami/Soul Reaper/Death God" himself and he was a former captain as well I believe.
If I recall in one episode in the Ryoka saga one of the Shinigami said "His spritual pressure....could he be..... No, there's no way that could be...."

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Just because it makes sense doesn't mean it's official. Just like people speculating a Pokemon Opal version. It could happen, it's probable, but never say something is true without a source.

FinalCrimson
09-18-2007, 01:25 AM
imagine a battle featuring zaraki VS. Senna VS. kariya VS. Ichigo (complete hollow form) VS. Byakuya VS. Aizen VS. Grimmjow
xD

Sapphire Dragon
09-27-2007, 07:56 PM
It is called Bleach because bleach makes things white... and the main job of a shinigami is to send souls to Soul Society and purify hollows by killing them.. thus implementing the name "bleach."

if u want it more detailed, go to bleachexile.com

imagine a battle featuring zaraki VS. Senna VS. kariya VS. Ichigo (complete hollow form) VS. Byakuya VS. Aizen VS. Grimmjow
xD

ZOMFG!!! that would be an awesome battle!! XXDDDD but.. three technical reasons that would not work though:

1. Senna never existed- she's DEAD.
2. Kariya is also dead
3. Grimmjow got his arm cut off.... i don't think he would do so good at this point.

think of THIS battle:

Ichigo complete hollow VS. Zaraki VS. Hitsugaya VS. Byakuya VS. the shinigami leader (the old man in charge of everything) VS. Aizen VS. Tousen VS. Rukia VS. Ikkaku

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Why:

Kubo Tite - the creator of Bleach - is rumored to be an avid Nirvana fan. Nirvana made an album named Bleach, so there's one option.
The whole cleaning a soul thing explained by others.
The color of Ichigo's hair could be a part of it, since he's been picked on cause of his orange hair. Supposedly, bleaching black hair leads to an orange color.

You really got to ask Kubo Tite about it. No one knows expect him and the other people he told.

-]DU[-