PDA

View Full Version : Butterfree and Beedrill Movesets

Cool Kid 94
09-07-2007, 04:53 AM
What's a good moveset for a Butterfree? Here's what I came up with.

Butterfree@Focus Sash
Compoundeyes
Timid (252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
-Sleep Powder
-Nightmare
-Dream Eater
-Bug Buzz

Butterfree@Focus Sash
Compoundeyes
-Sunny Day
-HP Fire/HP Flying/Psychic
-Solarbeam
-Bug Buzz

I like the first one better than the 2nd one... But I still think there's a better moveset.

And Beedrill. What's good for it?

Beedrill@Focus Sash
Swarm
Adamant/Jolly (252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
-Swords Dance (Jolly)/Agility (Adamant)
-Brick Break/Aerial Ace (Filler)
-U-Turn/X-Scissor
-Poison Jab

I need lots of help on this one, lol. I think I should use Adamant with Agility, what about you?

cyl3x
09-07-2007, 05:48 AM
What's a good moveset for a Butterfree? Here's what I came up with.

Butterfree@Focus Sash
Compoundeyes
-Sleep Powder
-U-Turn
-Tail wind
-Bug Buzz

Butterfree@Focus Sash
Compoundeyes
-Sunny Day
-HP Fire
-Solarbeam
-Bug Buzz

I like the first one better than the 2nd one... But I still think there's a better moveset.

And Beedrill. What's good for it?

Beedrill@Focus Sash
Swarm
Jolly (252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
-Swords Dance
-Brick Break
-X-Scissor
-Poison Jab

I need lots of help on this one, lol. I think I should use Adamant with Agility, what about you?

1st moveset for butterfree. changes in bold.

Cool Kid 94
09-07-2007, 06:37 PM
1st moveset for butterfree. changes in bold.

Alright, so with Tailwind, does it have to be Timid?

zukirin
09-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Butterfree@Focus Sash
Timid/Hasty
252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
U-Turn
Bug-Buzz

Double Powder, pretty standard. You can change the last two slots for something like Sunny day or Tailwind if you want.

shedinjask
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Butterfree should be Specs/double powder for NU and always double powder (refer to above set) for higher. cyl3x's set works for Beedrill.

TatankaToT
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
bug/flying, what a bad typing

Cool Kid 94
09-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Butterfree@Focus Sash
Timid/Hasty
252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
U-Turn
Bug-Buzz

Double Powder, pretty standard. You can change the last two slots for something like Sunny day or Tailwind if you want.

I guess U-Turn and Tailwind, making it Jolly.

bug/flying, what a bad typing

Lol yeah I know, but don't SPAM.

Got_Ganlon
09-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I absolutely LOVE my Butterfree for NU battling:

Butterfree: Compoundeyes
Timid @ Leftovers
252 Spd, 252 S.Atk, 6 HP
-Sleep Powder
-Substitute
-Dreameater
-BugBuzz

First step- Requires you either be faster than your opponent, or be able to survive a hit. You can easily land Sleep Powder thanks to compoundeyes. But beware of pokemon with Early Bird, Vital Spirit, or Insomnia.

Second- While your opponent is sleeping, get a Substitute up. Hopefully your opponent will maintain sleep for at least two turns.

From here, it's virtually smooth sailing- Start dishing out damage with Bug Buzz, or use Dreameater coupled with Leftovers to regenerate what you lost in making Substitutes. Should your opponent wake, your sub will take the damage for you, at which point, just pop another Sleep Powder, Substitute, Rinse, and Repeat!

Cool Kid 94
09-07-2007, 11:42 PM
I absolutely LOVE my Butterfree for NU battling:

Butterfree: Compoundeyes
Timid @ Leftovers
252 Spd, 252 S.Atk, 6 HP
-Sleep Powder
-Substitute
-Dreameater
-BugBuzz

First step- Requires you either be faster than your opponent, or be able to survive a hit. You can easily land Sleep Powder thanks to compoundeyes. But beware of pokemon with Early Bird, Vital Spirit, or Insomnia.

Second- While your opponent is sleeping, get a Substitute up. Hopefully your opponent will maintain sleep for at least two turns.

From here, it's virtually smooth sailing- Start dishing out damage with Bug Buzz, or use Dreameater coupled with Leftovers to regenerate what you lost in making Substitutes. Should your opponent wake, your sub will take the damage for you, at which point, just pop another Sleep Powder, Substitute, Rinse, and Repeat!

Lol, in NU 262 Spd will hopefully be enough. I like this moveset a lot.

Note - I didn't need the movesets for an actual Butterfree.

Ace123456789
09-08-2007, 12:41 AM
This butterfree works well with a Bellyzard/Medicham:
Butterfree w/ Focus Sash
252 Speed, x
JOLLY nature
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
Tail Wind
U-Turn

Pretty much you cripple their team so you can set up a sweep. Here's a rule of thumb: ALWAYS USE SLEEP POWDER ON THE HAZERS!!! Switch Butterfree in after you opener gets knocked out my a skarmory, use sleep powder on it, maybe kick off a tail wind and then u-turn to Medicham/Bellyzard.
More Strategy:
When using the Butterzard combo, you only really need to put your opponent to sleep and then u-turn out. With Medicham, you if you can pull off a tail wind it would be incredibly beneficial to the length of Medicham's sweep. Also you can instead try to paralyze most of his team and then use U-turn. that way Medicham almost guarentee's a first strike.

shedinjask
09-08-2007, 01:20 PM
blah blah dream eater
Sleep clause.

Cool Kid 94
09-08-2007, 02:28 PM
This butterfree works well with a Bellyzard/Medicham:
Butterfree w/ Focus Sash
252 Speed, x
JOLLY nature
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
Tail Wind
U-Turn

Pretty much you cripple their team so you can set up a sweep. Here's a rule of thumb: ALWAYS USE SLEEP POWDER ON THE HAZERS!!! Switch Butterfree in after you opener gets knocked out my a skarmory, use sleep powder on it, maybe kick off a tail wind and then u-turn to Medicham/Bellyzard.
More Strategy:
When using the Butterzard combo, you only really need to put your opponent to sleep and then u-turn out. With Medicham, you if you can pull off a tail wind it would be incredibly beneficial to the length of Medicham's sweep. Also you can instead try to paralyze most of his team and then use U-turn. that way Medicham almost guarentee's a first strike.

Yeah this is the one I was gonna put, thanks.