PDA

View Full Version : Rhyperior Moveset Tweaking

Deoxys Ribonuke
09-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Okay, I have a Rhyperior that I'm currently training, and I think he has a 31 IV in ATK, so he is a BEAST. Anyways, due to Serebii's Pokemon of the Day featuring him, I followed his advice on nature/moveset/EVs for him, but I need a little bit of tweaking with his moves.

Rhyperior @Leftovers
Adamant (+ATK -SpATK)
252 HP // 176 DEF // 82 ATK
Solid Rock
-EQ
-Stone Edge
-Avalanche
-Substitute/Hammer Arm

Which two of the three moves should I pick for the last two moves if I wanna use him in the Battle Tower as well as competetive play? Should I get rid of Substitute?

Cool Kid 94
09-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Okay, I have a Rhyperior that I'm currently training, and I think he has a 31 IV in ATK, so he is a BEAST. Anyways, due to Serebii's Pokemon of the Day featuring him, I followed his advice on nature/moveset/EVs for him, but I need a little bit of tweaking with his moves.

Rhyperior @Leftovers
Adamant (+ATK -SpATK)
252 HP // 176 DEF // 82 ATK
Solid Rock
-EQ
-Stone Edge
-Substitute/Avalanche/Mega Horn
-Substitute/Avalanche/Mega Horn

Which two of the three moves should I pick for the last two moves if I wanna use him in the Battle Tower as well as competetive play? Should I get rid of Substitute?

Alright, Avalanche > Megahorn. Since they're both 120 power (unless something else uses a lower priority move). Sub or Hammer Arm is definitely the fourth move.

Deoxys Ribonuke
09-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Alright, Avalanche > Megahorn. Since they're both 120 power (unless something else uses a lower priority move). Sub or Hammer Arm is definitely the fourth move.

Ah, okay! *edits* So...now you've brought me to another dilemma; Hammer Arm or Substitute? Hammer Arm has come quite in handy, but I bred Substitute on... Hmm...

Cool Kid 94
09-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Ah, okay! *edits* So...now you've brought me to another dilemma; Hammer Arm or Substitute? Hammer Arm has come quite in handy, but I bred Substitute on... Hmm...

I'd rather pick Sub... my bro has Hammer Arm on his, but I think he was planning to change it to Sub.