PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea 3 news

Jet
09-08-2007, 11:06 AM
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0708/disgaea328.jpg

good news: MORE PRINNIES!!! seems bad-ass as well

bad news: PS3 exclusive so far x_X. Hopefully they'll release a PS2 version. and this game sadly seems focuses on lifting x_x see screenshot where there are a HELL lot of characters holding up a bridge for the main char to cross XD

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2007/08/disgaeascans.jpg

The protagonists are Mao, Almaz and Raspberyl. Mao (that geek with the glasses XD) is the son of an overlord in Netherworld and an honor student; Almaz (guy with the sword) is a self-proclaimed hero, yet he lacks self confidence, he sees Mao as his rival; and Raspberyl (girl with... drumstick???) is a girl who labeled as Netherworld Delinquint, she would try do anything to surpass Mao.

Mao looks wierd and cool in both ways, Raspberyl looks familiar... Almaz seems like Ash from Phantom Brave...

pics/screenies/details found here:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0708/game070829a.shtml

boo ps3 x_x

ReclusiveDemon
09-08-2007, 11:44 AM
PS3 exclusive so far
Surprise, surprise.

Hopefully they'll release a PS2 version.
Hope won't help you here, Bubba. By the time they release it in 2008, it is quite doubtful it will be released for the PS2 as well. The PS2 is starting to get pretty bleak right now, so by '08 it's quite doubtful anything will be released. However, I do find it amusing a game as simplistic and moderately basic as Disgaea is going to have "broad horizons" on an endless possibility platform such as the Playstation 3.

Mao looks wierd and cool in both ways, Raspberyl looks familiar... Almaz seems like Ash from Phantom Brave...
Another "big" surprise there. Nippon Ichi is starting to get rather bad about recycling the looks of characters. While I'm glad to see another Disgaea game will be coming out, I'm not happy about the main characters so far. I DO NOT WANT A LAME SCHOOL-TYPE SRPG. :\

Also, I feel disappointed already with these "new features". If lifting is going to be a main thing for the future game, I won't bother. I loved Disgaea 2, but I expected more and was left highly bored. It was too similar to the original, much the same as how God of War II was too similar to the original.

God, this game better show me something decent in future updates, or I won't even bother buying it. :\

Prince J
09-09-2007, 12:45 AM
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!
The main character is not that cool tho. :ermm:
Adell and Laharl was much more cooler.
Too bad it's on PS3 ... guess i'll start counting my money to buy one...

Yggdrasill
09-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Disgaea 3!! =D
PS3 Exclusive?! =(

As much as I like Disgaea; I won't be buying a PS3 solely for it. Looks like I'll have to miss out on this installment of Disgaea.

theEND
09-09-2007, 01:11 AM
I actually mistook Almaz as Laharl's son or familiar. O_O The girl looks like some sort of young version of Etna. White, ghosty Flonne wouldn't be too bad, I guess. >3>

When will they make an actual sequel for the original Disgaea's storyline.....

Jet
09-09-2007, 09:06 AM
uh... note guys its STILL not sure whether its PS3 exclusive; there was this game where its going to be released in PS3 AND in PS2... so who knows..

as for the lifting thing, I just based that from observing the scans in the link above... not really sure =P

seems like, the more NIS games are, the mroe secret characters there are supposed to be... so in Disgaea 3... there would probably be...

- Laharl, Etna, Flonne
- Adell, Rozalin
- Marona, Ash
- Prier
- Zetta

and of course the reappearances of Majorly, Baal, Pringer X, Pram & other overlords in Makai Kingdom, even Plenair

seems kinda typical but kinda exciting at the same time lawl..

oh, almighty NIS master Kenny, what game is Asagi from?

Kenny_C.002
09-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Asagi doesn't have her own game. I still have no clue why that is the case, considering her game as planned for after Makai Kingdom, and would likely have used the free-flowing mechanics of it as well. What we do know is that Asagi is an apprentice to Mr. Badass himself (Zetta), and by Soul Nomad, she has control of Yoshi (the big-ass ship that prinny Baal had), zam. x3

We don't really know if D3 will have a continuation of the D2 storyline (like how D2 was a sort-of continuation of the D1 storyline), so no guarantees on whether or not some of the old characters would show up as mains rather than secrets.

Jet
09-11-2007, 02:35 AM
it doesn't have to have a continuation right? look at Makai Kingdom; they placed in Laharl/Flonne/Etna in... so did Marona/Ash...

meh... the bad news of D3 has slipped my mind, now that...

SOUL NOMAD IS COMING XD

Yggdrasill
09-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm still looking forward to the PSP release of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, that will be a great game.

I hope Laharl, Flonne, Etna, etc. at least make an appearance in the game, it'll be even better if they turn out to be hidden secret characters.

George Jefferson
09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm still looking forward to the PSP release of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, that will be a great game.

I hope Laharl, Flonne, Etna, etc. at least make an appearance in the game, it'll be even better if they turn out to be hidden secret characters.

The Overlord, the Beauty Queen, and the Love Freak, IMHO, were the best main characters in the series. <3 Etna.

Yggdrasill
09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
The Overlord, the Beauty Queen, and the Love Freak, IMHO, were the best main characters in the series. <3 Etna.
That's true. I like Rozalin and Adell as well, but not nearly as much as Laharl, Etna and Flonne.
The humour between the three was really well done. =D

George Jefferson
09-11-2007, 10:11 PM
That's true. I like Rozalin and Adell as well, but not nearly as much as Laharl, Etna and Flonne.
The humour between the three was really well done. =D

'Course, this isn't the thread to talk about how we like the first main charas better.

Anyways, God forbid they make it PS3 only, as said before, I'm not wasting 500 bucks on a PS3 for Disgaea 3. ):

Kenny_C.002
09-12-2007, 03:22 AM
Well eventually people will be getting a PS3 or a 360, though it seems like PS3, with everything built in, seems to be the better deal nowadays.

Anyhow, Disgaea has had only 1 sequel, which was a continuation, so I don't know if that would be the case or not. Hidden characters are not an indication of continuity in a game series.