PDA

View Full Version : Mah team, rate por favor!

TheEvilShyGuy
09-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Well, I'm new to going in depth metagaming or what have you, but I have compiled what I hope is a descent team. It's members and movesets are as follows...

Sceptile
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Dragon Pulse
Frenzy Plant

Charizard
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz
Shadow Claw

Garchomp
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Dragon Rush
Earthquake

Empoleon
Drill Peck
Hydro Cannon
Surf
Ice Beam

Kabutops
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Giga Drain
Night Slash

Rhyperior
Rock Wrecker
Hammer Arm
Stone Edge (don't know whether to use this or Mega Horn)
Earthquake

So, is it good, or did I waste much time training and trading for them and tm's?

shedinjask
09-09-2007, 01:14 PM
1. If they're the same type and they do damage (except in cases of Specs!Overheat clones), take one off.
2. Hyper Beam and all moves derived from it suck.
3. Lurk moar.

Prince J
09-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, I'm new to going in depth metagaming or what have you, but I have compiled what I hope is a descent team. It's members and movesets are as follows...

Sceptile
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Dragon Pulse
Earthquake

*Never ever use Frenzy Plant or any of the other Hydro Cannon attacks. Keep in mind that Energy Ball is overall stronger than Frenzy Plant. Since Frenzy Plant forces you to have a recharge turn, it'll never get stronger than 150 power in two turns, while Energy Ball achieves 160 power in two turns

Charizard
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Shadow Claw//Aerial Ace//Rock Slide//Dragon Claw

*Don't use more than one damaging attack of the same type on one Pokemon. That means, if you have two offensive moves (like Water or Fire or Electric etc.), then choose only one of them and delete the other. The reason behind this is that each Pokemon needs to be versatile and handle types that they are weak against. If you put two or more attacks of the same type on one Pokemon, you are limiting their potential to beat other Pokemon.

Garchomp
Dragon Claw
Crunch//Fire Fang
Sword Dance
Earthquake

*Dragon Rush was too inacurate and you already had D-Claw

Empoleon
Agility
Grass Knot
Surf
Ice Beam

*Hydro Cannon = No good.
Standard Special sweeper

Kabutops
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Waterfall
Night Slash//Brick Break

*I don't think you want Giga Drain since it's special and Kabutop's base special attack stat is 65, when his attack is 115. Waterfall for STAB.

Rhyperior
Megahorn
Avalanche
Stone Edge (don't know whether to use this or Mega Horn)
Earthquake

So, is it good, or did I waste much time training and trading for them and tm's?

Post Evs, natures and held items of the pokemons.
Edit in Bold.

TheEvilShyGuy
09-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Cool, cool, thanks! So, uh, where would I get the Swords Dance TM? And what should I replace the egg moves with if I don't have the time or patience to raise another whole pokemon, which I don't? And that's about it, thanks for the advice.

I don't know what you mean by Evs(experience values, yes, but what on the pokemon?) but for items...

Sceptile
Rose Incense(I'd use wise glasses, but don't know where they are)

Charizard
Charcoal

Garchomp
Shell Bell

Empoleon
Quick Claw

Kabutops
Razor Claw

Rhyperior
Don't know 'bout this one, Hard Stone maybe?

Cucumber
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, I'm new to going in depth metagaming or what have you, but I have compiled what I hope is a descent team. It's members and movesets are as followed
Sceptile
SUBSTITUTE
Energy Ball
Dragon Pulse
LEACH SEEd

Charizard
DRAGON CLAW
EARHQUAKE
Flare Blitz
DRAGON DANCE

Garchomp
FIREFANG
Crunch
Dragon Rush
Earthquake

Empoleon
Drill Peck
SHADOW CLAW/GYRO BALL
Surf
Ice Beam

Kabutops
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Giga Drain
Night Slash

Rhyperior
MEGAHORN
AVALANCHE
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Well all the edits i made are all capitilized.Thats my opinion.You need walls and less sweepers

Prince J
09-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Cool, cool, thanks! So, uh, where would I get the Swords Dance TM? And what should I replace the egg moves with if I don't have the time or patience to raise another whole pokemon, which I don't? And that's about it, thanks for the advice.

I don't know what you mean by Evs(experience values, yes, but what on the pokemon?) but for items...
Evs are Effort Values. There is a guide (http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml) that explain everything about them. But if you don't want to restart your pokemon, it's useless since your pokemon's EVs are already maxed out.
Sceptile
Petaya Berry//Leftovers

Charizard
Salac Berry

Garchomp
Leftovers//Life Orb

Empoleon
Leftovers

Kabutops
Salac Berry

Rhyperior
Leftovers