PDA

View Full Version : Internet and Wifi Help Needed

Onion Knight
09-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Okay, I have a Wii, but I want Nintendo Wifi for it. So, first off, I live in a pecan orchard, and I do not have Internet yet. I want high-speed wireless, so first off, how can I get it? We use BellSouth phone service, but some people tell me I must get Altell internet, but do they have it? Which packages are cheap, but work just as good? I live in a small town in Georgia, USA. Ojay, my second question is, how do I get a thing for NWC so I can play PBR and Pearl and my other DS games on it? What does it work with? I tried to play my Pearl at wireless high-speed places around the city where my grandma lives, but it just wont work. Do I have to have a special cord to get Nintendo WiFi or something? The best I can do with a computer is use Microsoft Excel. Help please.

If this is in the wrong place, please move it.

Josh
09-22-2007, 05:31 AM
You need a broadband connection to use the wireless. That said, if you live a long way out of town it's quite possible you might not be able to get it.

As for finding wireless spots, if they are encrypted (and you don't know the key) and are not WEP then you can't use it. Nintendo DS didn't have WPA support.

Onion Knight
09-22-2007, 06:16 AM
You need a broadband connection to use the wireless. That said, if you live a long way out of town it's quite possible you might not be able to get it.

As for finding wireless spots, if they are encrypted (and you don't know the key) and are not WEP then you can't use it. Nintendo DS didn't have WPA support.

Okay. My dad has wireless at his house where I am right now. I know the key, but I cant use it. Oh well, I guess I will have to buy my own. Thanks.