PDA

View Full Version : Age Limit To Pokemon

Tory vs Meaty II
10-05-2007, 02:12 AM
Do you think there is an age limit to Pokemon? Be honest!

ronjocox
10-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Never.
Nope, that is my humble opinion.
Never.
Seriously, there are more concepts to Pokemon.
Never.
That kids never understand.
Never.
Like EVs, IVS, and natures.
Never.
Heck, I seen lots of people play Pokemon.
Never.
My Friends Grandma still plays it.
Never.
Yes, I probably will get bored of it eventually, I honestly don't think that there
Never.
is an age limit to Pokemon.
Never.

Yep, just read the lines between "Never" and it is easy to read.

eb90
10-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Never.
Nope, that is my humble opinion.
Never.
Seriously, there are more concepts to Pokemon.
Never.
That kids never understand.
Never.
Like EVs, IVS, and natures.
Never.
Heck, I seen lots of people play Pokemon.
Never.
My Friends Grandma still plays it.
Never.
Yes, I probably will get bored of it eventually, I honestly don't think that there
Never.
is an age limit to Pokemon.
Never.

Yep, just read the lines between "Never" and it is easy to read.

lol

Anyway, I agree no age limit.

Tory vs Meaty II
10-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Can a super moderator please edit the question on this poll. "Gae to age," I don't know how did I typed that in. Good point eb90!

Phantom Kat
10-05-2007, 02:28 AM
There is no such thing as an age limit on Pokemon. Let's say, I get tired of Pokemon (which I highly soubt) when I turn 17, well, that's me. That doesn't mean 17 is the age limit, that just means it's my limit.

And I agree that there is stuff that kids won't understand like Breeding for the perfect Nature, IVs, moves, or how to form a well though out moveset so there's obviously older people that play Pokemon because then why woudl Nintendo add that? :/

So, yeah, there's no age limit, Pokemon (among a lot of stuff) can be enjoyed by all ages and if anybodys says otherwise, they just don't understand.

- Kat

Stubby Boardman
10-05-2007, 02:31 AM
never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never

get the point

pokemaster1111
10-05-2007, 02:33 AM
There is no such thing as an age limit on Pokemon. Let's say, I get tired of Pokemon (which I highly soubt) when I turn 17, well, that's me. That doesn't mean 17 is the age limit, that just means it's my limit.

And I agree that there is stuff that kids won't understand like Breeding for the perfect Nature, IVs, moves, or how to form a well though out moveset so there's obviously older people that play Pokemon because then why woudl Nintendo add that? :/

So, yeah, there's no age limit, Pokemon (among a lot of stuff) can be enjoyed by all ages and if anybodys says otherwise, they just don't understand.

- Kat

Lol, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Tory vs Meaty II
10-05-2007, 02:34 AM
ronjocox really made my day. Ev's, and Iv's. Heck, I have a adamant Torterra. And it has a sp.atk+ characteristic. "Somewhat vain."

ronjocox
10-05-2007, 02:35 AM
ronjocox really made my day. Ev's, and Iv's. Heck, I have a adamant Torterra. And it has a sp.atk+ characteristic. "Somewhat vain."
I don't really get that post for some reason. xD

earth_type_rule
10-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Man Falling off a cliff: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................ *poef*

Shen
10-05-2007, 07:20 AM
I say no, there shouldn't be. And if you're wndering why I said "yes" in the poll...I hate my computer sometimes...>< It screwed up, and I accidentally clicked yes" when I mant to click "no." If thatwas modifiable, then I would...or maybe, if possible, a mod could do that for me. So, sory for the confusion, but my true opinion is "no age limit!"

Tamer Marco
10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
If you're thirty-five, and still sleep in your Pikachu pajamas and Ash hat, I think its time to quit.

Charbok
10-05-2007, 01:22 PM
There is not an age limit to anything, except relations of the intimate nature (accursed menopause!) :tongue:

Frozen_Mystic
10-05-2007, 03:25 PM
2 words: Heck NO! Pokemon is awesome! I liked it since Kindergarten and I'll keep liking it till I'm dead.

karmachameleon
10-05-2007, 04:06 PM
There is not an age limit to anything, except sex (damn menopause!) :tongue:

Menopause only affects pregnancy.

While it is kind of childish, I don't think there is a certified age limit to Pokemon games.

Charbok
10-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Menopause only affects pregnancy.

While it is kind of childish, I don't think there is a certified age limit to Pokemon games.

But it also makes the lady really moody, and if you give it a shot she'll probably rip your balls off.

Dragon01
10-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Nah. I don't think there's an age limit to pokemon. If you like something then you like it. If you don't you don't. Pokemon games are still played by gamers, tey may not like to create sprites n stuff but they like the games, so they like pokemon.

No age limit, maybey a 'growing up' limit. Growing out of it.

JentleViolence
10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I've seen adults at, like, age 30 play Pokemon. They help their kids on the games. :P

You might grow out of it, and that's pretty much natural...

You don't have to stop playing, though.

Dark Lightning
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM
im not quite sure to be honest,they might,they might not.

Hakken
10-05-2007, 07:10 PM
No. Nothing has an age limit, it's all up to you if you're too old for it or not.

Ranma
10-05-2007, 07:12 PM
If you're thirty-five, and still sleep in your Pikachu pajamas and Ash hat, I think its time to quit.

I agree with that.

I dont think there is much of one but how many of you know people 80 + playing pokemon?

MaskedJackal
10-05-2007, 07:42 PM
No, there is NOT an age limit to Pokemon! Still, everyone is biased against it and views it as childish, because the anime is so terrible (IMO :D).

Tamer Marco
10-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I agree with that.

I dont think there is much of one but how many of you know people 80 + playing pokemon?

All of the old people in nursing homes who never get out. They're ultimate quest is to stop being bored, and forget who Pikachu is.

Shadow Eevee
10-05-2007, 09:12 PM

I agree with that.

I agree. IMO if you're 30, it's no big deal, but if you're like 72 playing, you should stop.

ZERO-X
10-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooh! I though you were talking about the pokemon's age! Not the viewers/players age! I think yes.

RonRaygunX3
10-05-2007, 09:35 PM
No there is not an age limit to Pokemon, but I do find it rather disturbing when I see 30-40 year olds playing.

Espeon EX
10-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't think there's an age limit to pokemon since it's for players all ages...Though what Marco said, I agree to that..

Hoshika
10-05-2007, 11:17 PM
... What does the poll mean? D=

Anybody can play whatever they want. Except if they're, hypothetically, 3 years old and playing a Mario Halo 2 mod. That's just wrong. o_o

Rudolf
10-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Yes, when you are liek Dead...Wel, if by any chance a 80 year old wanted to be barried with a TV plugged in to the anime, and the games all inb his graves...Or painte dhis do lke a Pikachu killed it and barried it with him...

[Do not say 'you can play it in heaven' I know tat]

Leman
10-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Somewhat. Like I'd say you'd have to be 6/7 to play the game, and probably shouldn't play it after 85, becuase it might cause problems.

MagmarMan
10-06-2007, 12:46 AM
I don't think so. If you like pokemon you should keep playing it.

Professor Geoffrey
10-06-2007, 03:01 AM
There is no such thing as an age limit for anything, unless it's for something that's too young for something.

Lapras all the way! :wink:

tai sky
10-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Does that fact that I remember having blue wool socks with Ash's head on them and furry Poke Balls attatched to the sides tell anybody anything? NO...EFFING...AGE LIMIT!!!!! POKEMON FOREVER!!!!! :biggrin:

Poltergeist
10-08-2007, 01:49 AM
The only age limit to pokemon is the one you give yourself. I am in high school and I have a few friends who also play it.

Nitro
10-08-2007, 03:31 AM
I think that it is a sorta child thing and that my parents wouldn't like it much, but I like it a lot and I think the more fans the merrier!!

Groudon_fan
10-08-2007, 03:40 AM
No, nada NO WAI YO!

Anyone can like anything.

Wandering Mew
10-08-2007, 06:55 AM
If it isn't hurting anyone and you like to play it, why should you stop? No age limit baby!

EDIT: I accidently clicked yes instead of no, great. -_-

The_Seventieth_Evil
10-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Seems to me that Pocket Monsters is an experience with no age limit. However, I notice that there is strentgh as to how popular an experience it is with AGE GROUPS. Seems that there are more 10 - 14's where I live and that I have seen. But this is not the world as whole but in part.

Dr Scott
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Man Falling off a cliff: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................ *poef*

Scrubs, not only Scrubs but Dr. Cox ...

Congrats, you rock.

Episode with Dan Dorian visiting (which is odd, JD's brother is Dan and he dates a Danni ...)

Hmmm, anyways, you can't really place an age on a game. Sure, the anime has an age limit, but with the game there's strategy in it, etc. Your age depends on how you see it, sure, but I don't think there's a real age difference.

HorrorScope
10-10-2007, 02:53 PM
No, I don't think there should be, anybody can like Pokemon if they want.

Kudzu
10-12-2007, 03:45 AM
There is no "age limit" to Pokemon. Period.