PDA

View Full Version : How do i construct a Time Capsule?

Black Fang
10-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Well i'm doing a project for science (communicating with the future) and we have to make some sort of small Time Capsule. Well i have no idea on how to create one, and i only have weeks to do it.

I have already tried googgling but they just give me random jibberish or They just tell me to use one thing and i'm meant to make it out of various materials.

So any help here?

Shady
10-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure you can make a time capsule out of anything you want. A cardboard box if you want. xD

Did you get any guidelines or anything for the assignment?

If you didn't get any, I'm sure all you'll have to do is get some sort of container and put some things in it that would tell someone about you (that is, if it lasts until the future xD).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_capsule

^That has some good examples of time capsules, if that helps.

Black Fang
10-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Hmm thanks...

My mom suggested a Glass container with just some plastic wrapped around it, it looks effective, would that work?. Oh and no guidelines haha.

Well I'm thinking of just throwing in a train time-table and Australia's common 5 cent in 2007 at the moment because it dosen't have to be about me really.

That wiki link helped, thanks :D

Shady
10-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Hmm thanks...

My mom suggested a Glass container with just some plastic wrapped around it, it looks effective, would that work?. Oh and no guidelines haha.

Well I'm thinking of just throwing in a train time-table and Australia's common 5 cent in 2007 at the moment because it dosen't have to be about me really.

That wiki link helped, thanks :D

Yeah, a glass container would be fine I should think. As long as you can't see inside it. xD

Anything that tells you about today's life would be great to put in. Maybe the front page of today's newspaper? (or the day you put it away)

The 5 cent might also be good. I heard from somewhere that they might be phasing them out soon. I don't know if that's true or not. xD

Black Fang
10-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Hmm, well i think i will just stick withh my current glass-plastic container right now.

Shadow Eevee
10-28-2007, 08:11 PM
A shoe box would also work.

Team Devastation
12-19-2007, 08:00 AM
A shoe box would also work.
Or a tissue box, or something.

~Jake

Blaziken Knight
12-22-2007, 05:18 AM
Yeah, a glass container would be fine I should think. As long as you can't see inside it. xD

Anything that tells you about today's life would be great to put in. Maybe the front page of today's newspaper? (or the day you put it away)

The 5 cent might also be good. I heard from somewhere that they might be phasing them out soon. I don't know if that's true or not. xD
a glass container would be fine whether or not u could see inside it. since time capsules go under ground. no one is going to see them >.> but u should atleast make sure there are no holes in whatever your using or in 20 years (thats how long ur meant to keep em underground) dirt and mud and stuff will get into it