PDA

View Full Version : -Pokemon FR/LG: Pallet Town Demo-

Zenaku
03-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Well, a few people should know i'm trying to make a game right? Well, if you checked the thread recently (In general forum) you'd know i'm trying out a new Program. I made this Demo to ty and get used to, and it really helped (I can now make maps, characters, text, etc), and once i figure out the Battle System coding, i'll be able to use the new Program for my game.

Anyways, this Demo is only so you can see what FR/LG will be like; thus all it lets you do is walk around Pallet Town, but more may be added at a later time (The Lab, houses, etc). Please, download and tell me what ya think.

Download- (http://www.gameroom.com/darkabsol/FRLGPalletDemo.zip) 1.13MB

NOTE: Password for Unzipping is "meteor"

Dash
03-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Well, a few people should know i'm trying to make a game right? Well, if you checked the thread recently (In general forum) you'd know i'm trying out a new Program. I made this Demo to ty and get used to, and it really helped (I can now make maps, characters, text, etc), and once i figure out the Battle System coding, i'll be able to use the new Program for my game.

Anyways, this Demo is only so you can see what FR/LG will be like; thus all it lets you do is walk around Pallet Town, but more may be added at a later time (The Lab, houses, etc). Please, download and tell me what ya think.

NOTE: Password for Unzipping is "meteor"

the page isnt working,for me atleast

Zenaku
03-20-2004, 02:20 AM
the page isnt working,for me atleast
A few people have had that problem, but its been sorted by using Right Click -> Save Target As...

Thanatos
03-20-2004, 02:55 AM
This is pretty awesome Dark Absol.

If you could add more, it would be even better.

Thunderbird
03-20-2004, 06:45 AM
I want to play it so much but i opened the Fire Red.exe and a msg pop up and says "This application has failed to start because audiere.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
I tried to re-install it but the same msg pop up again.
Help pls everyone??? :cry:

DoomDesire
03-20-2004, 07:20 PM
I need some help on the extracting part and stuff. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Zenaku
03-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Audiere.dll? When i look in the .zip file, the Audiere.dll file is there... O_o Anyways, as for unzipping or whatever, you might not need to. I've found a way to pack the game, taking its filesize down to about 50KB, without a zip file.. o_o' It should pack all nesseccary files along with it, so it should work...

DoomDesire
03-20-2004, 08:08 PM
After you extract it what do you do. No new icon or document appears.

Thunderbird
03-21-2004, 03:37 AM
After you extract it what do you do. No new icon or document appears.
at the bottom of the extraction u will see "Fire Red.exe"

i can finally play the game. Oh, it rocks! i really want to get out of the town :razz:

Jessu
03-21-2004, 03:55 AM
The darn thing ain't coming up! I think I see the problem in your post DA, I don't think that little hyphen isn't supposed to be there...

DoomDesire
03-21-2004, 04:09 AM
can some1 please help me? when i click Fire Red.exe+ it says A required .DLL file,AUDIERE.DLL, was not found. GRRRRRRR :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thunderbird
03-21-2004, 04:16 AM
can some1 please help me? when i click Fire Red.exe+ it says A required .DLL file,AUDIERE.DLL, was not found. GRRRRRRR :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
same problem here. strangly when i download it with the other computer, it works.

DoomDesire
03-21-2004, 04:45 AM
I got around it somehow. Its cool and simple. Simple and cool. :think: Must see more!

Mechaflame
03-21-2004, 02:12 PM
The page isn't working for me. :eh:

UltimateShadow
03-21-2004, 03:18 PM
The page isn't working for me. :eh:
Hey Dark Absol, Good Job!
It would be even better when more is attched...
But its still cool!!!

Zenaku
03-21-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm gonna try to add Route 1, and maybe later i'll add the Lab, etc...

If it won't show the page, just right click -> Save target as...

And i don't think the Hyphen has anything to do with the link; its in the text, not the link itself.

I'm about to upload the packed version, so hopefully no Audiere.dll file error should appear.

Jirachi
03-21-2004, 10:01 PM

NOTE: Password for Unzipping is "meteor"It isn't working! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:It sounds cool,but it won't work.

DoomDesire
03-22-2004, 12:30 AM
Did you get the error I did earleir?

Zenaku
03-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Well, i'm sorry if you get any errors, but thats something i cant help. The Audierre.dll seems to be the problem, even though its certain to be in the .zip file. I'm going to reupload it with a few changes, but unless i can get a WAV to MIDI converting program, the filesize would be too large to upload... *Goes to search*

DoomDesire
03-22-2004, 09:02 PM
I found the fix. Click Fire Red.exe+ try to have it highlighted. Hit the icon "Check out".Click ok. It will basically install itself I guess. A new screen with icons appears. Click the icon At the top that says Fire Red Pallet Town Fire ... . Thats it! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thunderbird
03-23-2004, 09:38 AM
DA, when will u gonna make an upgraded demo??
i'm looking forward to it very much!!

UltimateShadow
03-23-2004, 02:32 PM
DA, when will u gonna make an upgraded demo??
i'm looking forward to it very much!!
Its so cool,
in the next version would there be sound?
but unless i can get a WAV to MIDI converting program, the filesize would be too large to upload... *Goes to search*
Good Luck, but i found one, but the unregistered version is only 1 try, 10 seconds...

DoomDesire
03-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Please add more to it. Or could you put demos for a different city/town?

Zenaku
03-25-2004, 12:11 AM
Well, here's a few modifications...

Route 1 Added
Sound- Both Pallet, and Route 1
Text Windows- Changed to match Windows shown when you read Signs
Animations- Small thing; Flowers, and Water, now animated

Fixes:
Tiles out of line; Now in rightful place

I'm also working on Battle Coding, so i can let you battle once or twice, and so far, i've managed to set the variables for Pidgeys stats, and i should hopefully be able to create a Battle screen...

Zombie
03-25-2004, 12:45 AM
dude, that was freaking awesome! keep up the good work :clap:

UltimateShadow
03-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Well, here's a few modifications...

Route 1 Added
Sound- Both Pallet, and Route 1
Text Windows- Changed to match Windows shown when you read Signs
Animations- Small thing; Flowers, and Water, now animated

Fixes:
Tiles out of line; Now in rightful place

I'm also working on Battle Coding, so i can let you battle once or twice, and so far, i've managed to set the variables for Pidgeys stats, and i should hopefully be able to create a Battle screen...
Whoohoo, keep up the good work!!! :eek:
Its would be completely avesome if you can even battle :surprised ,
pick you'r starter, battle gary...

DoomDesire
03-25-2004, 06:38 PM
It doesnt work for me...... Its the same as the old one not updated.

Zenaku
03-25-2004, 07:42 PM
I havent updated it yet, but i will later, as soon as i reduce the size of the Music files...

Mechaflame
03-25-2004, 08:02 PM
It isn't working for me. Why is that? :eh:

gamevoid
03-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Nevermind it works :silenced:

Um one thing are you sure that this is legal I mean with nintendo being money happy cant you get in truble for using the imges and ever ything? or do you have to charge people for it?

UltimateShadow
04-03-2004, 08:33 AM
I havent updated it yet, but i will later, as soon as i reduce the size of the Music files...
When?When?When?When?When?When?
I can't wait for it!!!
This is really cool DA!!!

Zenaku
04-09-2004, 02:07 AM
When?When?When?When?When?When?
I can't wait for it!!!
This is really cool DA!!!
Well, i might be able to package it into a setup file, thus reducing the filesize, in which case, it should be available for download tomorrow (The music version that is)... I'm actually testing out Battle Systems, and modifying them, so hopefully i can create my own from what i learn... After all, thats the best way to learn anything; Trial and Error...

UltimateShadow
04-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Well, i might be able to package it into a setup file, thus reducing the filesize, in which case, it should be available for download tomorrow (The music version that is)... I'm actually testing out Battle Systems, and modifying them, so hopefully i can create my own from what i learn... After all, thats the best way to learn anything; Trial and Error...
Cool...
Will there also be more to explore?

Thunderbird
04-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Cool...
Will there also be more to explore?
I'll answer it for DA :tongue:
Yeah of coz! In the end we'll have several cities to access and several gyms to defeat, wild pokemon for capturing and fighting, nice music to hear...
:silly:

I'm looking foward to your game DA :happy:

UltimateShadow
04-10-2004, 03:00 PM
I'll answer it for DA :tongue:
Yeah of coz! In the end we'll have several cities to access and several gyms to defeat, wild pokemon for capturing and fighting, nice music to hear...
:silly:

I'm looking foward to your game DA :happy:
................cool!
But it is looking more and more like a rom...
Is'nt this illegal?

Thunderbird
04-11-2004, 03:52 AM
................cool!
But it is looking more and more like a rom...
Is'nt this illegal?
No, it's just a fan-made pokemon computer game. So it's not illegal.

UltimateShadow
04-11-2004, 09:17 AM
No, it's just a fan-made pokemon computer game. So it's not illegal.
Ok(ok, ok, ok, ok, i just don't wanna spam)

Zenaku
04-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Sorry, havent been online in the last few days... Uh, gyms to defeat? Well, its possible, if i can get a part-like battle system set up, otherwise, it'll just be exploring and talking to people... So far, Pallet, and Route 1 are accessible, along with sound, but it'll take at least half an hour to get all the files ready to be compressed into a setup file (I have to add each file one by one). Plus, since i've been dealing with a few bugs in my Reffing Program, i doubt i'll have time to create a setup file until tomorrow morning, sorry...

UltimateShadow
04-12-2004, 08:54 AM
Sorry, havent been online in the last few days... Uh, gyms to defeat? Well, its possible, if i can get a part-like battle system set up, otherwise, it'll just be exploring and talking to people... So far, Pallet, and Route 1 are accessible, along with sound, but it'll take at least half an hour to get all the files ready to be compressed into a setup file (I have to add each file one by one). Plus, since i've been dealing with a few bugs in my Reffing Program, i doubt i'll have time to create a setup file until tomorrow morning, sorry...
U can use the program install creator, its fast and easy to use!
Download it Install Creator Install File (http://www.clickteam.com/webftp/files/4/5/icinst.exe)
(right click, and save/open)
If it does'nt work, go to the site Install Creator Site (http://www.clickteam.com/English/install_creator.htm)
The only thing u have at the end whith the free version, is that if the program is installed there will come:This is created whith the free version of install creator.

Zenaku
04-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks, but the Package and Deployment Wizard i use is just fine, plus it has nothing like "This was created by the VB Package and Deployment Wizard. Click HERE to download yourself." or w/e... I'll upload the Setup in about half an hour, so i'll edit my post then...

pokemon fan
04-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Its great make sure you post when you update it keep the job up. :razz:

Zenaku
04-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Alright here it is, and, if it doesnt work from clicking, then right click -> save as...

Download (http://www.angeltowns.com/members/darkabsol/PFRLG_Setup.zip) -65.6kb

The download may be small, but if i didnt put it in a Setup file, then it would be 11.3MB! (Seems almost impossible lol)

pokemon fan
04-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Mines not working it says setup cannot find 'C:/documents
I extracted all of the files!!! :twisted:

Matthew
04-12-2004, 11:20 PM
It says the same for for me... I have been waiting forever to play this too! XD

pokemon fan
04-13-2004, 12:35 AM
whats weird is that after I downloaded it a hour later someone tried to hack my computer? :eek: luckly I had the norton antivirus internet security and it stoped it!

Thunderbird
04-13-2004, 06:41 AM
I cannot play the setup too... it says the same for me like cannot find C:/ files :ermm:

pokemon fan
04-13-2004, 10:06 PM
I guess the demo is working for no one.

crazy blue eyes
04-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Audiere.dll? When i look in the .zip file, the Audiere.dll file is there... O_o Anyways, as for unzipping or whatever, you might not need to. I've found a way to pack the game, taking its filesize down to about 50KB, without a zip file.. o_o' It should pack all nesseccary files along with it, so it should work...
that's right....i found the file there.maybe there's some problem in Audiere.dll*....

pikachuchu
04-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Great job Dark Absol!
Must see more!
:happy:

Matthew
04-14-2004, 04:46 PM
I think it is missing a file... I try to start the setup but al I get is the following message...

"Setup cannot find 'C:\unzipped\PFRLG_Setup[1]\PFRLG_Setup.LST'. Setup is aborting..."

So you are missing an LST file, whatever that is (I think)

UltimateShadow
04-17-2004, 09:25 AM
I think it is missing a file... I try to start the setup but al I get is the following message...

"Setup cannot find 'C:\unzipped\PFRLG_Setup[1]\PFRLG_Setup.LST'. Setup is aborting..."

So you are missing an LST file, whatever that is (I think)
The exactly same error comes at my window... :dazed:

Max
04-18-2004, 03:20 PM
There is a way to play the whole game now... its in japanese though... :devious:

Matthew
04-18-2004, 05:41 PM
There is a way to play the whole game now... its in japanese though... :devious:

Yeah... it is called a ROM and it is absolutely 100% ILLEGAL, so don't mention it....

crazy blue eyes
04-19-2004, 08:49 AM
i think this message will be deleted.... :tongue:

boltAge
04-19-2004, 09:18 AM
i think this message will be deleted.... :tongue:
The message is fine, he's just saying you can use a ROM to play, but he didn't say where to get ROMs, and other stuff.

Anyway, if you're really stupid to go around telling people "I PLAY ROMS!!!", then it's really illegal. Keep it to yourself if you really play one.

The game doesn't amaze me at all(I have the Japanese ROM), it's just the RBY games with better graphics. The mailbox seems to have no use, and Professor Oak does the same old thing. The lab looks kinda uglier anyways. I'll take some screen shots when I have the time to. :\

And DA, good luck with this thing :-)

Bashaamo
04-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Cool Demo, thanks for sharing that. I'm so exiced about the release. I just wish the guy could move so nicely in the real games.

-Bash

Chiki
04-23-2004, 12:25 AM
This isn't working for me :naughty: It says error 404 (whatever that means)

does anyone know what is wrong? :pray: i really wanna try it

RaichuGuardian
04-25-2004, 11:47 PM
I wanna try this, but it says I need a password for every file!

§hadow
04-25-2004, 11:55 PM
error 404

its not working

RaichuGuardian
04-26-2004, 02:50 AM
:sad: I got some viruses from that thing.....

pokemon fan
04-26-2004, 02:56 AM
I wanna try this, but it says I need a password for every file!

The password is meteor but i still cant get in it keeps on saying "Setup cannot find 'C:\unzipped\PFRLG_Setup[1]\PFRLG_Setup.LST'. Setup is aborting...".

You too I did not get viruses but I got hacked :ponder: but it did not do any damage thankfully :sweat:

RaichuGuardian
04-26-2004, 03:01 AM
I got this...Ebate. Thank god, I am ok. Gonna go now, run some virus scans. Thanx for the password!

boltAge
04-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Tell that to a dog and it might wag its tail at you. :rolleyes:

I suppose DA has been busy recently, so a new version ain't out yet.

Zenaku
04-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Bah, yeah i've been busy lately, but since this setup file is causing so many problems ill have tojust put the files themselves into a zip file, but it'll be about 3MB...

Matthew
04-29-2004, 12:23 AM
I don't mind that DA! I am just anticipating it... that all.

gamevoid
05-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Not to rush youor anything but when are you going to fix the game up?