PDA

View Full Version : Does suspension make sense?

Xtra
11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
In my opinion, that's a treat. You get into a fight, or miss five months of homework, or you threaten to kill a kid, and you miss school? That doesn't make sense? does anyone else think this way?

DragoniteMistress
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I agree to an extent. You miss a lot, you're really screwed. It increases the chances of loss of credits (in high school) or loss of your year/grade's curriculum giving you a higher chance of failing, which in the long run gives you an extra year of school which not many people want. There's a boy in my grade who busted one other boy's head open a while back, and still hasn't returned to school, so it's only obvious he's going to get held back considering he's missed two novels and half of Romeo and Juliet in English.

The Jr Trainer
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
It makes sence, but at the same time it doesn't. I think they are pretty pointless, and just make it more frustrating to go back to school after you were just sitting at home doing nothing with no education of anything. I mean, just give them so mental education if they go crazy and want to kill someone, knock some common sence into them. xD

Stuff About Suspensions at my school:
If you miss homework you get a suspension? :o Wow, in my school if you get a certain amount of detentions (I feel detention do completely nothing...), you get a suspence. Or do something bad...

In my school there are 'in-school suspension' where you just have to do that work that you would've done, but instead you sit in a room near the princables office in complete solitare doing you work and learning what you need to learn be yourself. No help at all. [/pointless]

~Jr

DragoniteMistress
11-11-2007, 05:06 PM
In my school there are 'in-school suspension' where you just have to do that work that you would've done, but instead you sit in a room near the princables office in complete solitare doing you work and learning what you need to learn be yourself. No help at all. [/pointless]

~Jr

A lot of schools have in-school suspension. My school in particular, however tends to have half a dozen of the "in-house" delinquets trailing after some social worker throughout the entire school for a week. They normally clean the halls, eat lunch, do some work, and then clean out the halls.

That was in the middle school, of course, I haven't seen any of the in-house students in the high school yet.

Black Label
11-13-2007, 12:08 AM
I think its a bad idea. I mean if you go to a Private school and you get held back, your parents are wasting money so you can repeat the same grade. Anyway in my school we have ISS too. What we do in that we go down to the Kindergarten room and have to stay there the whole day or how ever how long and do your normal classwork. Also if you get 3 detentions, you get an ISS. If you get 3 ISS, you get a OSS. If you get 3 OSS (I know they have crazy rules and an obbsecion with 3's) you CAN'T go on the school campus for a MONTH. I dont know what happens after that though... But anyway i dont like suspending it doesn't make sence.

Shadow Eevee
11-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Pff, we only have inschool suspensions. Then I think it's only like a house arrest. But trust me, the ISS lady is soo annoying.

Snow Fairy Sugar
11-16-2007, 06:31 AM
I think detentions makes more sense than suspensions.

Although, suspensions are justified sometimes. Like a guy in our school disfigured a car belonging to a professor with the help of his friends. They were suspended, but being rich hot-shots, they got away from the suspension. I daresay he should have been suspended. That's the only way people will learn, anyway.