PDA

View Full Version : Learning Disabilities?

Kecleonfan666
11-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Do you have or know anybody with learning disabilities, kind of like having something in your head, like some mental disease, commonly referred to as "retarded" kids?

I'm gonna be completely honest, yes, I have Asperger's Syndrom, and I aim to know more about it, as honestly, my mom claims it makes you think differnetly, and it's "special", and "beneficial". I seriously doubt, I swear to god. I think one of the reasons why I have such difficulty making good friends is because I think differently than the others, and why I'm always bullied.

I know many people with "problems" as they are usually referred to, including this one kid Alex, who can not read, I knew him in the past, but do not anymore. I could go on and on, but I'd be well, disclosing thingsn nobody wants to hear.

BTW, do you know challenged people and/or are a challenged person?

Shadow Eevee
12-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Yes, his name's "Billy" and he's in my gym class. Never do relay races with him. :\

Lord94
12-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I know what asperger's syndrome is... PM me and I'll explain.

DragoniteMistress
12-01-2007, 12:20 AM
My neurologist claims I have ADD, while a better neurologist who actually knew what he was doing claims that they're complex partial seizures, which I told the first neurologist in the first place =l

Anyway, my second cousin has down syndrome, and my one friend's friend has ADHD. There's a lot of people in my school with ADHD. It really gets annoying since I'm the passive to an extent (amazingly I haven't been violent yet), shy next-to-be-on-Oprah-discussing-her-novel.

Kecleonfan666
12-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes, his name's "Billy" and he's in my gym class. Never do relay races with him. :\

Is he by any chance on the Football Team?

It gets annoying, since I have to be in the same room with them almost every period of the day <_<

Chromatic Alchemist
12-01-2007, 12:27 AM
I have an issue about being hyper, I mean REALLY hyper. It sucks because everyone calls me crazy and stupid because I have that little problem. Note: I don't have ADHD.

RonRaygunX3
12-01-2007, 12:28 AM
My brother has ADD and I'm starting to think I have it too.

I have the worst time trying to concentrate in school :O

Shadow Eevee
12-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Is he by any chance on the Football Team?

It gets annoying, since I have to be in the same room with them almost every period of the day <_<

I don't think so.
Does he where glasses?
Ok, getting off topic. At my old school, there were a few kids who went to Extra Help during school hours, but they were mentally healthy.

DragoniteMistress
12-01-2007, 12:42 AM
I don't think so.
Does he where glasses?
Ok, getting off topic. At my old school, there were a few kids who went to Extra Help during school hours, but they were mentally healthy.

T.U.T.O.R.I.N.G.

I can't concentrate in school (sometimes), but it's really only when I feel I need to grant myself the privileges of a lazy day, which is practically: Don't do homework, and wriiite or draaaw and ignore the teaaacher.

Llama Commando
12-01-2007, 12:43 AM
There used to be a kid in my grade with ADHD. He would hide when the fire alarm went off, yell at people when they said calculator, Shakespeare, or ham sandwich; and freaked out when people said they beat Halo 5. He was pretty odd, but I felt bad for him.

Linoone
12-01-2007, 12:46 AM
There used to be a kid in my grade with ADHD. He would hide when the fire alarm went off, yell at people when they said calculator, Shakespeare, or ham sandwich; and freaked out when people said they beat Halo 5. He was pretty odd, but I felt bad for him.

Lol, Halo 5 wasn't even made yet. Not to be mean, but some of those words are really funny and random.
When I write stuff, I easily can mispell words and not notice it. Like when I write, I can spell the like thee.

Caecity
12-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Does autism count? Then yea, and there's a ton more.

terry
12-01-2007, 01:43 AM
My brother has ADD and I'm starting to think I have it too.

I have the worst time trying to concentrate in school :O

Dude, that's nothing bad. almost everybody in school has that problem.

Linoone
12-01-2007, 01:46 AM
ADD doesn't really matter. Like terry said, almost everyone has that. I think I got it.

terry
12-01-2007, 01:52 AM
hehe, I don't have it, but it doesn't seem so bad.

Kecleonfan666
12-01-2007, 02:43 AM

Lol, reminds me of this kid.

If anybody said the word blood, pain, or hur,t he would scream, put his folder over his hea,d and climb under the desk, and he does a whole bunch of...stuff, and everybody would make fun of him, but he can't even read, and that's sad. Really sad.

Kinda feel the same way you do, but I do not want anything to do with him, honestly.

The_Seventieth_Evil
12-04-2007, 04:51 AM
I have Asperger's and suffer from depression. I take three different pills for the "treatment" of depression. Is being shy a learning disability?

Wandering Mew
12-07-2007, 04:51 AM
If you can count it as a disibility, I got hit in the head with a baseball bat when I was 13. My niece was in the house, bopping a balloon with a metal baseball bat. I told her to be careful, then bent down to take off my shoes, and WHAM! Right on the forehead. D:

Ever since then, I've had a whacked out memory. Like, I know that a black box is orange, and that male platypi have venomous spikes on their back feet. But I can't remember what 6x8 is or I'll forget certain words. One day I forgot the word "fundraiser". :goofy:

I'm also one of those people who would rather die than speak in public. You don't want to see me when I present in class. :redface:

Misty Oak
12-09-2007, 09:59 PM
I went to this learning disabilities training yesterday and I was told that learning disabilities, ADHD and Aspergers' syndrome don't exist. That these situations can all be fixed with better teachers, and better educational rules and lessons. How does that sound?