PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Bowl Week

MaskedJackal
12-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Is anyone watching the bowl games? Man, I can't wait for New Year's Day. Go Michigan, pwn Florida!

TheEvilDookie
12-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I'll be watching a few, like the big ones and if im not tired from partying on new years' eve, im gonna watch my team, UVA.

SpaceUnicorn
12-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I hope LSU kills Ohio State, OSU plays no one and they do not deserve to be number one. I'll be rooting for my team Virginia Tech agaisnt Kanas, they should have no trouble beating them. Oh, I'll also be supporting Hawaii, since I think they are way under rated.

MaskedJackal
12-23-2007, 12:49 AM
I hope LSU kills Ohio State, OSU plays no one and they do not deserve to be number one. I'll be rooting for my team Virginia Tech agaisnt Kanas, they should have no trouble beating them. Oh, I'll also be supporting Hawaii, since I think they are way under rated.

Being a Michigan fan, I hate Ohio State, but I hate the SEC even more. Michigan was plagued with injuries this year though, so that wasn't as big of a game for OSU as it usually is. No need to worry though, since Michigan will have the spread offense goin next year and they will roll OSU and Tressel regularly. =)

I picked Virginia Tech over Kansas, but Kansas is a good team. They've got a chance.

SiberianTiger
12-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Ohio > LSU

Anymore need to be said?

~Isaiah

Haze
12-23-2007, 01:11 AM
All I can say is that I wont be watching many bowl games this year because my team N C State didnt make one. Just to throw this out there Texas Tech will destroy Virginia in the Gator Bowl(Correct me if I'm wrong) I was UVA play in person and they are so overrated. And VT will kill Kansas to the person to posted that earlier. Kansas didnt play Texas or Oklahoma, thats why their record is so good

MaskedJackal
12-23-2007, 02:01 AM
All I can say is that I wont be watching many bowl games this year because my team N C State didnt make one. Just to throw this out there Texas Tech will destroy Virginia in the Gator Bowl(Correct me if I'm wrong) I was UVA play in person and they are so overrated. And VT will kill Kansas to the person to posted that earlier. Kansas didnt play Texas or Oklahoma, thats why their record is so good

Kansas had a crap schedule, but they didn't just sneak by those teams. They beat those teams like a good team should. They deserve their spot in the BCS.

Texas Tech can beat Virginia. Gram Harrel and that wide-receiver, (forget his name) are too much for the Cav's defense.

Haze
12-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Kansas had a crap schedule, but they didn't just sneak by those teams. They beat those teams like a good team should. They deserve their spot in the BCS.

Texas Tech can beat Virginia. Gram Harrel and that wide-receiver, (forget his name) are too much for the Cav's defense.

I'm not sayin Kansas doesnt deserve a spot but Missouri should have been there instead, they won head to head

MaskedJackal
12-23-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm not sayin Kansas doesnt deserve a spot but Missouri should have been there instead, they won head to head

Yeah, but Missouri had two losses. I think they should just ditch the stupid "each conference only gets 2 BCS teams" rule, and replace Georgia with Missouri. Georgia didn't even win their own section of their own conference... Also, I think the Big 12 was way better than the SEC this year.

On another note, why is everyone saying Florida will blow out Michigan? Michigan has gotten much better against the spread system, and have beaten a few teams this year that use it, (Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue). Also, Henne and Hart could be back at 100%. Florida's defense is Swiss cheese as well, so Manningham could have a big day.

Haze
12-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, but Missouri had two losses. I think they should just ditch the stupid "each conference only gets 2 BCS teams" rule, and replace Georgia with Missouri. Georgia didn't even win their own section of their own conference... Also, I think the Big 12 was way better than the SEC this year.

On another note, why is everyone saying Florida will blow out Michigan? Michigan has gotten much better against the spread system, and have beaten a few teams this year that use it, (Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue). Also, Henne and Hart could be back at 100%. Florida's defense is Swiss cheese as well, so Manningham could have a big day.

Missouri's second loss came in the Big 12 title game. It's exactly the same as Georgia becasue Kansas didn't win their section either. Well I'm done with this argument

SpaceUnicorn
12-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Ohio > LSU

Anymore need to be said?

~Isaiah
Are you kidding? Can you tell me how many ranked teams OSU has played this year? Or any decent team? LSU will bowl over OSU.

I agree UVA is over rated, they really haven't played anyone all season. I was pissed that their coach won best coach of the ACC this year.

MaskedJackal
12-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Are you kidding? Can you tell me how many ranked teams OSU has played this year? Or any decent team? LSU will bowl over OSU.

I agree UVA is over rated, they really haven't played anyone all season. I was pissed that their coach won best coach of the ACC this year.

OSU is crap. Their offense is a joke. They won't be beating Michigan anymore either, since we're going to be running the spread offense now.

SpaceUnicorn
12-23-2007, 07:20 PM
OSU is crap. Their offense is a joke. They won't be beating Michigan anymore either, since we're going to be running the spread offense now.
Yeah, I won't mind Michigan now since Rodriguez is their coach. I like him a lot, though I hated WVU. Their fans are so arragant.

Stubby Boardman
12-24-2007, 12:29 AM
ill be watching the wisconsin game and the hawaii game

MustangGT
12-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Is anyone watching the bowl games? Man, I can't wait for New Year's Day. Go Michigan, pwn Florida!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
THANK YOU!
I'm not the only Michigan fan here!!
Kinda sucks I moved to Florida.
Just more fun to give them flak about the Maize and Blue kickin' their butts.

MaskedJackal
12-24-2007, 05:29 PM
THANK YOU!

Hell yeah! Michigan's offense is gonna be healthy, and Tebow is gonna need a proctologist to find his Heisman.

AshMistyMayfan
12-24-2007, 11:48 PM
I missed the PapaJohn.com bowl. I wonder if Cincinnati college got thier free pizzas after the game?:crackup:

I want to catch LSU and Ohio State, friend of mine grew up in Ohio, loves the college.

Do NFL teams watch these games and draft from those colleges? It seems like a few colleges get snubbed in the NFL draft.

Haze
12-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I missed the PapaJohn.com bowl. I wonder if Cincinnati college got thier free pizzas after the game?:crackup:

I want to catch LSU and Ohio State, friend of mine grew up in Ohio, loves the college.

Do NFL teams watch these games and draft from those colleges? It seems like a few colleges get snubbed in the NFL draft.

NFL Teams draft from the combine mostly

DragoniteMistress
12-30-2007, 05:15 AM
THANK YOU!

That feels so weird coming from you.

I'm a Michigan fan, too. Duh xP

Wolverines > Spartans, any time :P

MaskedJackal
12-30-2007, 12:35 PM
That feels so weird coming from you.

I'm a Michigan fan, too. Duh xP

Wolverines > Spartans, any time :P

I think we've got Pryor committed. Our defense is young and growing, and they should be great next year. Our offense should be great as well. We'll be running a spread-option attack, in the Big Ten. MSU and OSU will be owned regularly. :happy:

Shael
01-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Got one more Michigan fan here! I actually go to Eastern Michigan which is about 20 minutes away, but I was raised in Ann Arbor so I bleed Maize and Blue. That four and out at the end of the game our defense put on the Heisman winner back on New Years day was gold.

Usually Michigan fans are happy any time OSU loses, but I'm not sure if I want them to lose the championship game. If they lose, people will never shut up about how the Big 10 is overrated.

Linoone
01-07-2008, 12:57 AM
LSU ftw. They're will be thousands of people here to go to the Superdome to go against Ohio!

MaskedJackal
01-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Got one more Michigan fan here! I actually go to Eastern Michigan which is about 20 minutes away, but I was raised in Ann Arbor so I bleed Maize and Blue. That four and out at the end of the game our defense put on the Heisman winner back on New Years day was gold.

Usually Michigan fans are happy any time OSU loses, but I'm not sure if I want them to lose the championship game. If they lose, people will never shut up about how the Big 10 is overrated.

Florida was overrated. Was I the only one expecting them to beat Florida? :P

The game right now, Bowling Green vs. Tulsa, is awful. It's 35-0 Tulsa...

Manly Blissey
01-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Florida vs. Michigan was a great game. I can't wait for the BCS National Championship Game though. Go Bucks!

Linoone
01-07-2008, 10:39 PM
No, LSU shall pwn Ohio. :evil:

Manly Blissey
01-08-2008, 08:06 PM
I knew OSU would lose, but i had to root on my favorite team.

Linoone
01-08-2008, 08:17 PM
LSU's defense was pretty nice. The tackle on the punt must have hurt the kicker..a lot! To bad the coach is leaving, well we are getting an awesome coach for return anyways! =D

TheEvilDookie
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Lol, OSU got pwned again in the National Championship. xD Maybe next year they actually won't be put in... :susp:

Did anyone hear the news that they might have a 4-team playoff in a couple years? Correct me if i'm wrong but that's how I interpreted it. :tongue3:

Linoone
01-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Lol, OSU got pwned again in the National Championship. xD Maybe next year they actually won't be put in... :susp:

Did anyone hear the news that they might have a 4-team playoff in a couple years? Correct me if i'm wrong but that's how I interpreted it. :tongue3:

lol.
I didn't see that on the news. 4 team playoff? You mean 4 teams are going to go against each other in the same dome! :o
Or there will be a playoff just like the NFL.

pikachu25king
01-08-2008, 09:26 PM
I hate florida, so i am going to michigan, and i will be watching.

MaskedJackal
01-09-2008, 02:21 AM

An 8-team playoff sounds better.

Also, Michigan finished 18th in the AP poll. Not so bad after underachieving all year besides the bowl game.