hi everyone

i really need some help with my LG team. this is what I have so far:

Blastoise (Bold): Earthquake, Surf, Blizzard/Hydro Cannon, Bite
^
not sure which one to use.... maybe I'll use
Blizzard until I get Hydro Cannon?
Gengar (Timid): Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Giga Drain, Psychic
Poliwrath (Adamant): Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Brick Break, Hydro Pump

I'm not too sure about natures and stuff but I had a go....

Also I'd like some help on deciding on the other three members of my team - I can't think of a Fire type I could use (Ninetales is the only one I could consider as I get her reasonably early in the game - but she wouldn't be my first choice....) so if anyone can help......

my thanks in advance :)

Chaos Mage
12-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Dude, this board is clearly for Competitive Battling online, using programs such as Netbatle; read the rules and enlighten yourself.

Since I'm here, I may as well comment that the Elemental Beams are absolute no-nos, as the users simply cannot afford to lose a turn.

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Maybe Post ALL your Pokemon? Levels are irrelevant, remember that, and Post them in this format so you don't hurt other peoples' eyes:

Pokemon Gender (Optional) @ Item ** Nickname (Optional)
Trait:
EV's
Nature (+? -?)
- Move #1
- Move #2
- Move #3
- Move #4. I may not be a Moderator, but at least try to use some Grammar, so we can understand what you're trying say.

Now for the rating...

1.) NEVER, and I mean NEVER use any form of Hyper Beam, and Hydro Cannon is one of them. Lol Bite Lol.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Bold Nature (+DEF, -ATK)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Rapid Spin / Reflect / Light Screen. I may be acting a little superior, but I met a guy on Pokecommunity who acted superior but only got Banned once. And that was before he started acting that way. I don't think the really matter since this is In-Game, needless to say.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+SPD, -ATK)
- Thunderbolt
- HP [ICE]
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball. HP [ICE] because I like it, Leftovers was standard. Damn, no Focus Sash. But oh well.

~ Michael.

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 11:32 AM
sorry, i'll make it clearer next time....

i used poliwrath 'coz firstly i think his stats are overall quite good and secondly he can learn a lot of TMs/HMs, which is also useful.

plus i like water pokemon, so why not?

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Wow, just wow. You choose that over him not being a good place on your Team? Just replace him something more useful. Hell, a Flareon would be more useful. But, don't use that. Use something would cover your Team's overall big weakness. And well.. Something like.. Well your Team does get resisted by Swampy, and no Gengar is NOT a counter with Giga Drain. Giga Drain sucks, for the most part. Damn, this is hard.. Something that resists of all of Its moves completely.. Edit: I'll leave it to somebody else.

i still think poliwrath's good... but ok

hmmm.... I'm thinking along the lines of a grass pokemon when you say that, but I'm having trouble thinking of one i can get reasonably early that doesnt suck

thanks for your help, though

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 11:55 AM
i still think poliwrath's good... but ok

hmmm.... I'm thinking along the lines of a grass pokemon when you say that, but I'm having trouble thinking of one i can get reasonably early that doesnt suck

thanks for your help, though

No problem. And Its kinda hard to find one in ADV. (A good Grass type.) But something that is Grass Type doesn't counter Swampert so well, unless it has a good base SDEF. :tongue: Otherwise, Ice Beam from Swampert kinda hurts. But then again, Its In-game, so yeah, anything that is super-effective against you're so called "Counter," will counter the sucky In-game people well, XD. I never saw a Swampert in In-game, so I was wrong. :tongue: R/S/E should've thought of that. And... Just use good Movesets and you're fine. I'll delete the other part of my post.. Because.. You know.. 0_o You can use pretty much anything In-game..

~ Michael.

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 11:59 AM
lol cheers

i don't mean to be annoying or anything, but I'm still stuck for a fire pokemon to use? flareon i considered, but the stats weren't all that great, so....

Hey i just had a thought (celebrate, it doesn't happen too often): if i use different types of pokemon to counter weaknesses and stuff but made sure each one was relatively high in one particuler stat? for example, a machamp for attack, a gengar for Sp.atk, etc.

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 12:07 PM
lol cheers

i don't mean to be annoying or anything, but I'm still stuck for a fire pokemon to use? flareon i considered, but the stats weren't all that great, so....

You're right there, lol. Charizard is not so great, but then again, anything works In-game, as long as you're over-leveled and other stuff. Arcanine could work well, too.

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Trait: Blaze
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Belly Drum
- Substitute. Bellyzard is preferred as his Special Movepool Isn't as good as > Gen, or next Generation. (4th.) :tongue: I don't know on Arcanine, I'm not good on lower tier Pokemon. :tongue: Edit: The last thought would be a good idea.

~ Michael.

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 12:29 PM
You're right there, lol. Charizard is not so great, but then again, anything works In-game, as long as you're over-leveled and other stuff. Arcanine could work well, too.

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Trait: Blaze
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Belly Drum
- Substitute. Bellyzard is preferred as his Special Movepool Isn't as good as > Gen, or next Generation. (4th.) :tongue: I don't know on Arcanine, I'm not good on lower tier Pokemon. :tongue: Edit: The last thought would be a good idea.

~ Michael.

I can't use arcanine, I'm playing LG unfortunately

but I could use maybe someone like Machamp or Nidoking or Muk? they can all learn flamethrower and have quite a good range of moves and move types, TM-wise

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I can't use arcanine, I'm playing LG unfortunately

but I could use maybe someone like Machamp or Nidoking or Muk? they can all learn flamethrower and have quite a good range of moves and move types, TM-wise

I would use Muk, except with Fire Blast, and Subpunch:

Muk @ Leftovers
Trait: Sticky Hold
Quiet Nature (+SATK, -SPD)
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Thunderbolt. Such a short name, XD. Sticky Hold for the few Burglars Item stealers out there. (A Pokemon with Thief.)

~ Michael.

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 12:42 PM
ok, so if that's my team so far, then I've got:

Blastoise ------> Defense
Gengar -------> Sp. Atk
Muk -----> Sp. Def

all i need is attack (Dragonite, Machamp?), Speed (.....jolteon...dugtrio?), and either HP (Chansey, Snorlax?) or an overall guy (Dragonite, Gyarados, Snorlax?)

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Dragonite --> Speed --> Jolteon Dugtrio just gives you more of a Ice Weakness. --> I wouldn't use Chansey, otherwise, you'll get owned. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOUX0T7Dt84) Use Snorlax. also, with Thick Fat, he takes less damage from Ice Attacks, if it matters. And if you use Chansey, you'll either get owned, like the video says, or you'll get Killed. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzkb7E_ZjT8&feature=related)

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 12:55 PM
lol

i just checked Dragonite's stats and his speed is actually his worst (might still use him).... but i'll definitely use snorlax - any ideas on movesets?

btw, snorlax's abilities are good too

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 01:00 PM
lol

i just checked Dragonite's stats and his speed is actually his worst (might still use him).... but i'll definitely use snorlax - any ideas on movesets?

btw, snorlax's abilities are good too

Uh.. Dragonite is OU in Competitive Play. (Overused.) And you know, you don't check Stats. or you get killed by Prof. Oak. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cMgvjiY_20&feature=related) So why wouldn't you use Dragonite again?

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 01:35 PM
no, i will use him, but I dunno if I can be bothered to train him, he takes ages..... ah, what the hell.

so i have:

Blastoise -----> Def
Gengar ----> Sp Atk
Muk -----> Sp Def
Snorlax -----> HP/Overall
Dragonite -----> Speed/Overall
? -------> Atk

One thing, last time I used Dragonite but I didn't let him evolve from Drantini until he learnt Outrage - should I do that again? I i let him evolve he's stronger but he'll learn Outrage at Lv.56 (Dragonair) or Lv.61 (Dragonite)

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 01:40 PM
no, i will use him, but I dunno if I can be bothered to train him, he takes ages..... ah, what the hell.

so i have:

Blastoise -----> Def
Gengar ----> Sp Atk
Muk -----> Sp Def
Snorlax -----> HP/Overall
Dragonite -----> Speed/Overall
? -------> Atk

One thing, last time I used Dragonite but I didn't let him evolve from Drantini until he learnt Outrage - should I do that again? I i let him evolve he's stronger but he'll learn Outrage at Lv.56 (Dragonair) or Lv.61 (Dragonite)

Outrage is perfect. Despite the confusion. And.. Gyarados for the last slot.. Go here. It's Lord of the Rings! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPXJeT9sb0&NR=1)

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 01:47 PM
so..... don't evolve him?

also, can you suggest movesets ('coz, as you probably figured by now, I'm retarded)

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 02:00 PM
so..... don't evolve him?

also, can you suggest movesets ('coz, as you probably figured by now, I'm retarded)

Evolve him, of course. Where did you get that?

Dragonite @ Leftovers ** Lord of the Rings
Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage. Fire Blast is a given on him, even with the Special Attack drop. BTW, you get that long of a name on Netbattle, (A R/S/E/F/G simulator, Or put simply, ADV.)

Jolteon @ Leftovers ** Naruto
Trait: Volt Absorb
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- HP [ICE/GRASS]
- Wish. For Hidden Power, just go with whatever one you didn't choose on Gengar.

Snorlax @ Leftovers ** Get in my Belly
Trait: Thick Fat
Careful Nature (+SDEF, -SATK)
- Shadow Ball / Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest. Shadow Ball for chance of striking Ghosts. and yes, It's Physical, so it is safe to use.

Gyarados @ Leftovers ** Sea Serpent
Trait: Intimidate
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- HP [Flying]
- Taunt. Taunt to stop Skarm from blowing you away. and yeah, can't really run Surf or Waterfall STAB.

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Evolve him, of course. Where did you get that?

He'll learn Outrage at Lv.61 if he evolves and by the time I'm at the Elite Four i;m usually Lv.56-60, so......

Dragonair learns it at lv.56 and drantini at lv.50

Dragonite @ Leftovers ** Lord of the Rings
Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage. Fire Blast is a given on him, even with the Special Attack drop. BTW, you get that long of a name on Netbattle, (A R/S/E/F/G simulator, Or put simply, ADV.)

Dragon Dance is an egg move right?

Jolteon @ Leftovers ** Naruto
Trait: Volt Absorb
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- HP [ICE/GRASS]
- Wish. For Hidden Power, just go with whatever one you didn't choose on Gengar.

got to say, a little but confusing here..... where does jolteon come into it?

now, i'm not saying I don't trust your judgement or whatever but say I wanted to change them..... would it make a difference if i changed a couple of moves? because generally my tactic is "HIT THEM HARD AND HIT THEM FAST"

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 02:19 PM
He'll learn Outrage at Lv.61 if he evolves and by the time I'm at the Elite Four i;m usually Lv.56-60, so......

Dragonair learns it at lv.56 and drantini at lv.50

Dragon Dance is an egg move right? For Dragonite? No. It learns it at Level 53.

got to say, a little but confusing here..... where does jolteon come into it? [QUOTE]Dragonite --> Speed --> Jolteon Dugtrio just gives you more of a Ice Weakness. --> I wouldn't use Chansey, otherwise, you'll get owned. Use Snorlax. also, with Thick Fat, he takes less damage from Ice Attacks, if it matters. And if you use Chansey, you'll either get owned, like the video says, or you'll get Killed./QUOTE]

now, i'm not saying I don't trust your judgement or whatever but say I wanted to change them..... would it make a difference if i changed a couple of moves? because generally my tactic is "HIT THEM HARD AND HIT THEM FAST"

Comments in bold. Check Serebii's Pokedex on Dragonite.

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Outrage is perfect. Despite the confusion. And.. Gyarados for the last slot.. Go here. It's Lord of the Rings! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPXJeT9sb0&NR=1)

so that would mean I have:

blastoise
gengar
muk
snorlax
dragonite
gyarados
jolteon

I only have six slots......

and yes, dragon dance is an egg move

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 02:27 PM
so that would mean I have:

blastoise
gengar
muk
snorlax
dragonite
gyarados
jolteon

I only have six slots......

and yes, dragon dance is an egg move

Oh yeah, maybe I was checking Gyarados. x.x And yes, don't you think I know you have only six slots? I mean, who doesn't? I just didn't heck your last on the 1st page. :tongue: So yeah, ignore Jolteon's Moveset. It seriously Isn't that hard to Breed, though.

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 02:30 PM
lol yeah gyarados learns dragon dance as a move

ok thanks for your help

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 02:33 PM
lol yeah gyarados learns dragon dance as a move

ok thanks for your help

No problem. Do you need any more help? If so, just Post it here, or PM me.

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 02:40 PM
ummmm...... do i looked on http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/147.shtml and it said that dragon dance was an egg mvoe but i looked somewhere else and it says it's not.... thats a bit retarded, to be honest

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 02:49 PM
ummmm...... do i looked on http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/147.shtml and it said that dragon dance was an egg mvoe but i looked somewhere else and it says it's not.... thats a bit retarded, to be honest

Well yeah, sometimes they put fake moves in their Pokedex, but I don't think they meant to do that. 0_o

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 02:53 PM
so would you say that Drantini can learn Dragon Dance?

Itachi_2007
12-25-2007, 02:54 PM
so would you say that Drantini can learn Dragon Dance?

Uh.. Yeah.. Because the baby gets the Move. :tongue: But if you mean without breeding, I don't think it can. x.x

pokemidget
12-25-2007, 03:02 PM
ok

only thing is... i gotta get a male horsea to lv50 (when it learns dragon dance) so i can breed.... why couldn't the makers make this so much simpler!