PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite characters?

manectrics_shockwave
04-10-2005, 04:52 AM
who out of the pokemon series do you think is the stupidest character?

mine personally is brock, he used to have pretty good pokemon but these hoenn pokemon of his suck.

LunaFlame
04-10-2005, 04:54 PM
May is so g*y. :biggrin:

I can't describe it, but I just hate her.

Marill
04-10-2005, 06:33 PM
My least favorite character... Hmm... Ash sometimes, because of his incessent immaturity. I love when he's actually an adult about things though. That's when the show gets good.

Zenaku
04-10-2005, 07:38 PM
LunaFlame, do not call a character "gay" without giving a reason, as some may take offence and accuse you of character bashing (Although I'm sure your opinion is based on her being a "replacement" of Misty, when she's not).

Just to note: if I see too much character bashing in this thread, or people begin flaming each other due to conflicting opinions, then I shall lock it without hesitation.

At any rate, the thread itself...

I'm not sure about my own least favorite character. Ash. although childish at first, is beginning to grow up and become a better Trainer (As shown by his almost fully evolved Team; I assume that Corphish and Grovyle will evolve before or during the League).

Brocks Pokemon don't really bother me, aside from his seemingly new love for Water Pokemon.

May is one of my favorite characters, mostly due to her increased character development, and the way she's changed when it comes to treating Pokemon, and raising them.

Max, well, he's annoying, at that's why I don't dislike him; there must always be someone annoying around.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-11-2005, 12:13 AM
I don't really like Max, he's a tag-along and he is very annoying, like Zenaku said, but I really don't like annoying people. I couldn't say much else since I've only seen the episodes up until Ash gets the badge from Wattson...*curses stupid Australian TV*

Marill
04-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Max is annoying sometimes, but that comes with his age and level of maturity as well. However, I wish that the writers would give him a Pokémon -- I think that would boost his maturity level, and decrease his annoyingness. What do you guys think?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Yes, Max should definately get a Pokemon, maybe a Poochyena or something like that. Well anything really.

Marill
04-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Well, back when he was at the Pokémon School, under the supervision of Roxanne, I wish he could have kept the Poliwag he was given. That would have been an awesome Pokémon for him to have! I would hope, however, that it wouldn't evolve for a while.

LunaFlame
04-11-2005, 02:41 AM
I also think Max is annoying.

Pryce
04-11-2005, 10:44 PM
yeah. Max does annoy me. He needs a Pokémon and a new voice actor. Poochyena definitely suits him.

Dragon_Seeker
04-11-2005, 11:05 PM
yeah. Max does annoy me. He needs a Pokémon and a new voice actor. Poochyena definitely suits him.

Yes... a female Poochyena would definitely go well with the b*tch of their group...

I personally hate Ash with a blazing passion and am awaiting the day he turns 17 and they make a pokemon spin off of Titanic using Regice as a giant glacier which the SS Aqua crashes into just to see him die a watery grave. I also despise the cuddly neutered Pikachu they have created, opposed to the badass one they had in the first episode. Pshh... I don't know about you, but if I were taken from my home, shoved into a glass and steel ball about the size of a tennis ball and bossed around by some dweeb, I would probably consider homocide.

I still hate Ash more though. His constant happy cheeriness and belief that friendship triumphs over everything, and love your pokemon disposition simply disgusts me and when those supposedly "mature" ways of dealing with things are contrasted with his immature character and lack of consistant character development, it makes him seem like an idiot who suffers from being unable to mature at all.

Pryce
04-11-2005, 11:59 PM
I too dislike Ash and there are three reasons:
1) The episodes he's NOT in are better than ones he IS in (And they didn't show these eps the US just because he's not in them)
2) I like the name Satoshi better than Ash
3) He is also rather dumb

absol2005
04-14-2005, 07:00 PM
may(at the beginning she is super-n00b)

Charmander #4
05-21-2005, 03:28 AM
Ash is getting annoying refusing to use his Pokemon at Prof. Oaks lab (Bayleef must cry itself to sleep because it hasn't seen Ash in so long), and always releasing his Pokemon ( I bet Pidgeot is still waiting for him), and Max needs a Pokemon. I think one of the Kanto starters, Pidgey or a Rattata would be good for him.

!CeMAn
05-25-2005, 07:04 AM
may is the girl who replaced misty? i don't even watch pokemon anymore (not new episodes anyway)but if misty's gone, i dislike may cuz she replaced her. misty was classic! so pretty... my seel and her starmie would get along nicely :cool:.

LS
05-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I hate Ash for 3 reasons:

1)Every time he loses in an important battel he starts to cry.

2)He always sets his strong pokemon free.

3)He isnt mature enough.

Jack of Clovers
05-26-2005, 11:38 PM
yea, i'm not a fan of Ash's ideologies either. he never switches Pokemon from Prof. Oak. but there is a reason for that. if Ash switches Pokemon all the time, it would take up time in the half hour show that they can't spare. :eh:
besides that, of all the time Ash has spent on his journey, i don't think he's learned too much about Pokemon.

~Jack~

Zenaku
05-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Hm... Many dislike Ash as he releases his strongest Pokemon, yet you also claim him to be immature... Which is more mature: "We've been great friends, but it's time you followed your own path with your own life, rather than following mine", or "You're mine! I don't care how much you want to go, you're my Pokemon and you're staying with me!"

Obviously, the former is the more mature, and as far as I can see, that's the entire reason Ash releases Pokemon; so they'll be happy. Do you honestly think Butterfree would like Ash (And therefore obey him) if Ash refused to let him go and be happy with the Pink Butterfree? Unlikely.

The games are about raising strong Pokemon and beating Trainers. You won't find someone in real life who released a Pokemon in their game so it could "be happy", because the happiness factor doesn't stretch that far.

In the Anime, however, Pokemon emotions are much like people. If Ash didn't allow his Pokemon to go, or if he didn't release them so they'd be happier, it'd be like you falling in love and having your parents forbid all contact with the affection of your desires.

Ash is much more "mature" than people seem to give him credit for, as he cares for his Pokemons feelings more than anything else. True, he wishes to become a Pokemon Master, but not at the expense of losing the friendships he has gained. Anyone who denies this fact is immature themselves.

As for his skills altogether, he has learned a lot. His Hoenn Team is eons ahead of his previous League teams. I doubt he'll win the League though, as there seems to be a pattern.

In Kanto, he made the top 16. In Johto, he made the top 8 (As far as I know). In Hoenn, he's likely to make the top 4. Chances are there'll be another mini-series while DP are in the making, which Ash might win (As he did in the Orange Islands). In the 4th true League, Ash will likely get to the finals (Top 2), before becoming a Master in the 5th real League. Or maybe my observations have picked up the wrong pattern, and there'll only be 4 leagues, or he might even win Hoenn so he can be replaced with a fresh character. Meh.

LuigiWithCheese
05-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Nah, I've gotten over Ash's stupidity a long time ago. It's Max who pisses me off. Is he good for anything? How many Pokemon does he have? ZERO! :rolleyes:

Marill
05-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Hm... Many dislike Ash as he releases his strongest Pokemon, yet you also claim him to be immature... Which is more mature: "We've been great friends, but it's time you followed your own path with your own life, rather than following mine", or "You're mine! I don't care how much you want to go, you're my Pokemon and you're staying with me!"

Obviously, the former is the more mature, and as far as I can see, that's the entire reason Ash releases Pokemon; so they'll be happy. Do you honestly think Butterfree would like Ash (And therefore obey him) if Ash refused to let him go and be happy with the Pink Butterfree? Unlikely.

The games are about raising strong Pokemon and beating Trainers. You won't find someone in real life who released a Pokemon in their game so it could "be happy", because the happiness factor doesn't stretch that far.

In the Anime, however, Pokemon emotions are much like people. If Ash didn't allow his Pokemon to go, or if he didn't release them so they'd be happier, it'd be like you falling in love and having your parents forbid all contact with the affection of your desires.

Ash is much more "mature" than people seem to give him credit for, as he cares for his Pokemons feelings more than anything else. True, he wishes to become a Pokemon Master, but not at the expense of losing the friendships he has gained. Anyone who denies this fact is immature themselves.

As for his skills altogether, he has learned a lot. His Hoenn Team is eons ahead of his previous League teams. I doubt he'll win the League though, as there seems to be a pattern.

In Kanto, he made the top 16. In Johto, he made the top 8 (As far as I know). In Hoenn, he's likely to make the top 4. Chances are there'll be another mini-series while DP are in the making, which Ash might win (As he did in the Orange Islands). In the 4th true League, Ash will likely get to the finals (Top 2), before becoming a Master in the 5th real League. Or maybe my observations have picked up the wrong pattern, and there'll only be 4 leagues, or he might even win Hoenn so he can be replaced with a fresh character. Meh.

I take it that you're like me -- You don't like being spoiled either?

I believe that Ash does possess a lot of mature qualities in various places throughout the episodes. In the movies, at least, I believe he exhibts the most maturity than in the regular anime. For the most part, he seems to have his head on straight, and he knows what he's after.

His passions and energy are focused on one particular goal, so that he may overcome all obstacles set before him. However, there are some times when his real age gets to him, and he is limited to the depth of character in which he can display. This is where I get angry.

Characters should be dynamic and round, however I believe that they should not keep on alterating between personalities. They should have a gradual change and metamorphosis, but once that sequence is done, they need to leave the individual into what they have bloomed into.

Okay, enough of my soap box.

RedEeveeMaster
05-31-2005, 04:00 PM
grrr... Ash would not be my least favorite if he kept his promises!!!

Primape episode: "don't worry, I'll be back for you!"

Pidgeot: "I'll be back after the pokemon league!"

there are plenty more but those are my highlights...

Marill
05-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Well, who's to say that Ash still won't come back and finish his promise? Just because he hasn't done so now, doesn't mean that he won't in the future. When his journey is all said and done, I bet that he will have a few closing episodes, focusing on his past journeys with his old Pokémon. In turn, this may prompt him to go and retrieve those he had promised to. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. The world may never know. Heh.

RedEeveeMaster
05-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah, our only hope is that they will make it based on fire red or leaf green. At least, that's what some people think. I'm placing my bet on the rumored "lightning Yellow"

Pika57
06-10-2005, 07:49 PM
On the issue with ash saying he'll be back for his Pokemon might just be something that sounded good to the script translators. In Japn he might have said something like see you agin or something else similar to that. Also if Max gets a Pokemon Get him a Ralts not a Poocheyena. He'll probably catch one anyway. I mean from his personality I can tel lthat he'd probably just go crazy and catch liek 20 Pokemon on the first day he had one.

My least favorite character would have to be Torchic though. All it does as yap a ton eat and sit around. Maybe itll be better when it evolves(I think it doe son the episode tomorrow) but now its worthless.

Lightning Yellow is silly
Water Blue duh(sarcastic)

Chavz
07-15-2005, 05:48 AM
I personally dislike the new characters (Max, May). Because I like it how it sed to be with Ash, and Misty, and Brock. Its like the good old days. You really start to miss them after a while. THe fact of it was so hard I stopped watching the newr episodes. I also stay with the older games such as the original pokemon ones. Thats why I love Leaf-Green and Fire-Red so much.

Guardian_Kai
01-20-2006, 09:10 AM
i dont like misty cuz she is always using her big mouth all the time plus i hate her attitude when she goes around a water pokemon and everyone and i hate that episode when she said its the beauty from the outside that counts!!! blaah when u say misty is a tomboy think first no wonder Mimi Tachikawa and i like may sooooo much thank god misty left!!!!!

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
01-20-2006, 09:32 AM
I'd say you're one of the few that feel that way.

Anyway, do not revive old threads.