PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Breeding Q&A Chit-Chat

Scorch Ry
03-21-2004, 02:51 AM
Here, you people can post any questions relating to anything about Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Breeding! Enjoy and start asking questions! ^__^

Xiander
03-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Can you breed a starter pokemon with another to make a baby starter?

Scorch Ry
03-21-2004, 02:55 AM
Yes you can. ^__^. If you want a baby Treecko with good attacks, I suggest you raise a female Sceptile and teach it some attacks like Dragon Claw or Dragonbreath. Then, breed it with another Treecko to get a baby Treecko with some good moves. ^__^.

Next Question Please!

Xiander
03-21-2004, 02:57 AM
Yes you can. ^__^. If you want a baby Treecko with good attacks, I suggest you raise a female Sceptile and teach it some attacks like Dragon Claw or Dragonbreath. Then, breed it with another Treecko to get a baby Treecko with some good moves. ^__^.

Next Question Please!Can u do it with a non- starter pokemon?

Scorch Ry
03-21-2004, 03:00 AM
Yes, but certain pokemon can breed with certain other pokemon. For example...two Ampharos. One Ampharos knowns Thunderbolt. Most likely, your baby Mareep will know Thunderbolt when its born. ^__^. But, certain pokemon cannot breed at all, including legendaries.
================================================== ========
Next Question Please!

Xiander
03-21-2004, 03:03 AM
no, I mean A starter and a non-starter.

Scorch Ry
03-21-2004, 03:07 AM
Absolutely! You know what, since you are very nice about asking questions, I'll post tonight/tomorrow what pokemon each starter pokemon is capable of breeding with!

So, to answer your answer...a starter pokemon can breed with a non-starter.
Next Question Please! ^__^. This Thread Is Wonderful!

Xiander
03-21-2004, 03:12 AM
Absolutely! You know what, since you are very nice about asking questions, I'll post tonight/tomorrow what pokemon each starter pokemon is capable of breeding with!

So, to answer your answer...a starter pokemon can breed with a non-starter.
Next Question Please! ^__^. This Thread Is Wonderful!YAY! will you put it here? or a new therad?

Scorch Ry
03-21-2004, 03:23 AM
I'm posting it....here and now! I hope this helps you AND anyone else with the same question!
Sceptile
Breeding Capability: Part I-Monster | Part II-Dragon
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Nidoran {F}
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran {M}
Nidorino
Nidoking
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Cubone
Marowak
Lickitung
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Kangashkhan
Lapras
Snorlax
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Slowking
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar
Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Tropius
Ekans
Arbok
Horsea
Seadra
Magikarp
Gyarados
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Kingdra
Swablu
Altaria
Seviper
Feebas
Milotic
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamence
Egg Moves (Learnable Through Breeding)
Mud Sport
Endeavour
Crunch
Leech Seed
Crush Claw
Dragonbreath

boltAge
03-21-2004, 03:27 AM
This thread is utterly pointless, if people want help, they MAKE their own thread with their own questions. What's the point of the RS board if everybody post here instead of making their own thread? CONSIDER the uses of threads before you post them

kthxbai. I hope somebody locks this soon, it's bound to become a "Daily Chit-Chat" without a lock :rolleyes:

Xiander
03-21-2004, 03:28 AM
YaY!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Me Is HAppy!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Scorch Ry
03-21-2004, 03:43 AM
I'll make this thread a Pokemon Breeding Help one...if there is already one, then I can't do anything about it except for help people there. Anyways, here's the next starter breeding help!
Blaziken
Breeding Capability: Part I-Ground
Rattata
Raticate
Ekans
Arbok
Pikachu
Raichu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran {F}
Nidoran {M}
Nidorino
Nidoking
Vulpix
Ninetales
Diglett
Dugtrio
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Ponyta
Rapidash
Farfetch'd
Seel
Dewgong
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Tauros
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Sentret
Furret
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Aipom
Wooper
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Girafarig
Dansparce
Snubull
Granbull
Sneasel
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Swinub
Piloswine
Delibird
Houndour
Houndoom
Phanpy
Donphan
Smeargle
Miltank
Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken
Poochyena
Mightyena
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Skitty
Delcatty
Mawile
Electrike
Manectric
Wailmer
Wailord
Numel
Camerupt
Torkoal
Spoink
Grumpig
Spinda
Zangoose
Seviper
Kecleon
Absol
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Egg Moves (Learnable Through Breeding)
Counter
Reversal
Endure
Swagger
Encourage
Rock Slide

Thunderbird
03-21-2004, 04:48 AM
This thread is utterly pointless, if people want help, they MAKE their own thread with their own questions. What's the point of the RS board if everybody post here instead of making their own thread? CONSIDER the uses of threads before you post them

kthxbai. I hope somebody locks this soon, it's bound to become a "Daily Chit-Chat" without a lock :rolleyes:

In the old PE2k there is indeed a stickied thread for breeding help, so i don't see any wrong for posting one here. though this thread is a bit spammy. :doh:
maybe we should find a mod to post an official breeding help thread!

boltAge
03-21-2004, 08:41 AM
In the old PE2k there is indeed a stickied thread for breeding help, so i don't see any wrong for posting one here. though this thread is a bit spammy. :doh:
maybe we should find a mod to post an official breeding help thread!The thread's original title was:
"Official Help/Q&A Chit-Chat"
And breeding was not in the title. That's why I posted. Pffft.

*awaits something to happen*

Deoxys
03-21-2004, 03:06 PM
What about Swampert? I NEED to know cause I am Trading A Mudkip Egg for a Treeko Egg. Please let me know If you know. :neutral:

Thunderbird
03-21-2004, 03:35 PM
What about Swampert? I NEED to know cause I am Trading A Mudkip Egg for a Treeko Egg. Please let me know If you know. :neutral:
no wt? do u mean how to get a Swampert egg?
see the full list here: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/260.shtml

Deoxys
03-21-2004, 03:41 PM
no wt? do u mean how to get a Swampert egg?
see the full list here: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/260.shtml

thank you! This really helps me.

Scorch Ry
03-21-2004, 05:12 PM
For any other questions, please post them here about breeding ONLY! ^__^

Deoxys
03-21-2004, 06:58 PM
I went to this link:http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/260.shtml
but I don't know how to tell who to breed with who.. '.' :sad:

Scorch Ry
03-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Don't worry! I'll post Swampert's Egg Breeding Capability Tonight or Tomorrow!

Thunderbird
03-22-2004, 12:09 PM
I went to this link:http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/260.shtml
but I don't know how to tell who to breed with who.. '.' :sad:
scroll to near the bottom of the page 'Egg Groups'

Alakazam
03-24-2004, 01:16 AM
Okay, now we all hopefully know that Azuril is the pre-evolved form of Marill, and one would assume that if you breed two Marill, the offspring would be an Azuril, right?

I thought so too, but a recent hatching has confounded me...

I bred a level 30 female Marill with a level 31 male Marill (I even caught them from the same spot), and when the egg hatched it was a MARILL!! -_-

What did I do wrong?

dhee
03-24-2004, 02:18 AM
Okay, now we all hopefully know that Azuril is the pre-evolved form of Marill, and one would assume that if you breed two Marill, the offspring would be an Azuril, right?

I thought so too, but a recent hatching has confounded me...

I bred a level 30 female Marill with a level 31 male Marill (I even caught them from the same spot), and when the egg hatched it was a MARILL!! -_-

What did I do wrong?
You need the female Marill to have Sea Incense attached to it then you breed it with the male and hopefully you will get an Azurill

Edit:MALE Marill

Alakazam
03-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Oh, I see...thanks!

boltAge
03-24-2004, 11:35 AM

Next Question Please!
Not true.

Male Parent- Passes attacks
Female Parent- Passes species

So if I breeded a Female Treecko and a Male Dratini(which knows slam), when the baby comes out, it'll be a Treecko and it'll have Slam. Note: I'm not 100% sure of Trecko and Dratini's compability to breed. This is just an example.

Thunderbird
03-24-2004, 01:22 PM
You need the female Marill to have Sea Incense attached to it then you breed it with the male and hopefully you will get an Azurill
What i see in another guide is u should attach Sea Incense to the MALE marill and breed it with a female marill ...

pokemon fan
03-25-2004, 02:55 AM
How do you know if your pokemon are going to have an egg what will the old man say?
:think:

Thunderbird
03-25-2004, 10:23 AM
How do you know if your pokemon are going to have an egg what will the old man say?
:think:
if your pokemon has an egg, the man will walk in front of the fence and say sth like "your pokemon has an egg! talk to my wife" sth like that.

pokemon fan
03-26-2004, 02:11 PM
if your pokemon has an egg, the man will walk in front of the fence and say sth like "your pokemon has an egg! talk to my wife" sth like that.

No I ment how do you know that your pokemon is going to have an egg what is the man going to say to you?

jangofett
03-26-2004, 02:18 PM
how do you get a sea license, i need a azuril.

Scorch Ry
03-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Alright. To get the Sea Incense, you can get it on Mt. Pyre or the Abandoned Ship. Check those two places and see. I will post Swampert's Breeding Capability later today...right now, I'm in Computer Class in School. ^__^

Thunderbird
03-26-2004, 02:27 PM
No I ment how do you know that your pokemon is going to have an egg what is the man going to say to you?
he will say 'They don't like each other.' or 'They appear to care for each other.'

Alright. To get the Sea Incense, you can get it on Mt. Pyre or the Abandoned Ship. Check those two places and see. I will post Swampert's Breeding Capability later today...right now, I'm in Computer Class in School. ^__^
it is in Mt. Pyre.

Black~Ninetales
03-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Oh, how nice. A breeding FAQ! ^^ I have a really though question here, that I have asked many times, but never got an answer.

Is there a breeding chain that will get you a baby Sandshrew with both Swords Dance and Rock Slide? :eh:

Kan
03-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Not in R/S...but I think you can teach Swords Dance to a 'shrew/'slash w/RS in FR/LG... :smile:

Black~Ninetales
03-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Ok, thanks for the answer, Kan! ^^ I'll just go with Slash then..Or maybe Brick Break..*Starts to mumble*

Scorch Ry
03-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Alright, this is what I'll do: Whoever needs a list for a R/S Breed Capability for a pokemon, post the pokemon here so I can tell you.