PDA

View Full Version : Official Cloverfield Theory Thread

Maleficent
01-16-2008, 09:41 PM
I am Wondering(I KNOW you are too) what the heck "Cloverfield" is about.So i have Proposed to Put up this Thread, Hoping we all can fuse our idea's together.
My Theory:It's Godzilla/Genetic Monster Gone Wrong.

"Record this, So they all know how it went down in the Official Cloverfield Theory Thread"

ChthonicAustrian
01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
I've read this on Serebii. From there, I've gotten the idea that it's a giant frog-looking monster with tentacles, that's it.

Also, I heard

TheEvilDookie
01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
I think an alien came down from a meteor and is destroys everything. :P

Fire Away
01-16-2008, 10:17 PM
The Production Notes are online somewhere, I looked over them.

I didn't read it extremely thoroughly, but what I gathered is this.

OMFG SPOILERS D:

Apparently, this monster is a newborn. It rises from the sea and gets attacked by humans, it's scared, it starts destroying stuff. At one point, he scratches his back on a building, which destroys is, and also unleashes a lot of parasites. The parasites are apparently the size of a dog and eat humans.

Other than that I don't actually remember much.

gun6
01-16-2008, 10:21 PM
I think it's just a normal giant powerful monster thing. It's just "mysterious" to build hype to crowd theaters. :3

Maleficent
01-16-2008, 10:24 PM
The Production Notes are online somewhere, I looked over them.

I didn't read it extremely thoroughly, but what I gathered is this.

OMFG SPOILERS D:

Apparently, this monster is a newborn. It rises from the sea and gets attacked by humans, it's scared, it starts destroying stuff. At one point, he scratches his back on a building, which destroys is, and also unleashes a lot of parasites. The parasites are apparently the size of a dog and eat humans.

Other than that I don't actually remember much.

That sound's...Absurd. Once Again, A Alias Theory (That probaly isnt it)
Im Sticking with Godzilla.

Fire Away
01-16-2008, 10:25 PM
That sound's...Absurd. Once Again, A Alias Theory (That probaly isnt it)
Im Sticking with Godzilla.

It's in the production notes. o_O

Bryce
01-16-2008, 10:35 PM
OMFG! Frog monster? :D lmao

From the commercials, it looks like some gigantic godzilla thing (@_@) and it says "something has found us", so obviously it is not genetically made...

Well, i am going to see it this Friday with a bunch of my friends!

Can't wait! <3

Maleficent
01-16-2008, 10:36 PM
It's in the production notes. o_O

My Point is, the whole thing's shady-We dont know for sure.

Fire Away
01-16-2008, 10:37 PM
My Point is, the whole thing's shady-We dont know for sure.

...No...

The official production notes don't lie. o_O

EDIT: Here's a link. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40821

Elemental Brotherhood
01-16-2008, 10:40 PM
I reckon it's just mass hysteria. That's my theory to everything.

:hungry:

Maleficent
01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
...No...

The official production notes don't lie. o_O

EDIT: Here's a link. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40821

so dont my Hip's.
Or in that case, The Mystery dosent lie.
Maybe your right maybe your wrong.
ChthonicAustrian-I've read this on Serebii. From there, I've gotten the idea that it's a giant frog-looking monster with tentacles, that's it.CRAZY!

Fire Away
01-16-2008, 10:44 PM
so dont my Hip's.
Or in that case, The Mystery dosent lie.
Maybe your right maybe your wrong.
ChthonicAustrian-I've read this on Serebii. From there, I've gotten the idea that it's a giant frog-looking monster with tentacles, that's it.CRAZY!

...What?

Those are the official production notes.

It's kinda...irrefutable. :/

Maleficent
01-16-2008, 10:50 PM
...What?

Those are the official production notes.

It's kinda...irrefutable. :/

Those are production Note's... They are... Burnable.
Im Seeing Cloverfield today,Same with SawIV.

Fire Away
01-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Those are production Note's... They are... Burnable.
Im Seeing Cloverfield today,Same with SawIV.

...Do you even know what production notes are? :/

You're allowed to have a differing opinion on them, but don't pretend they're not legit.

Charbok
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
All I know, and all I want to know is that it's a monster movie.

Fire Away
01-16-2008, 10:55 PM
All I know, and all I want to know is that it's a monster movie.

Honestly though, through all the viral vids and repeated scenes and previews, etc., I feel like I pretty much know the entire movie. :P

It's not a bad ad campaign, but I'm not even planning on seeing it anymore. It feels like a lot of the suspense would be lost for me.

Maleficent
01-16-2008, 10:56 PM
...Do you even know what production notes are? :/

You're allowed to have a differing opinion on them, but don't pretend they're not legit.

Oh they are legit.
And real
But as i said: production Note's are Burnable.lol.
And i know what they are.

VP4L
01-17-2008, 01:05 AM
i think that the monster is a sphinx a lion with a human head, if you watch the trailer that one guy who says its lion and its huge hint and the statue has a big claw mark on it.

Maleficent
01-17-2008, 03:50 AM
Well, Im Seeing tomorrow so i will update the board on it.
Im still going with Godzilla.

Synester
01-17-2008, 05:25 AM
It's not Godzilla -_-.

I believe this is the "sea creature" so many of you are reffering to: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/matrix_gs04/cloverfieldmonster.jpg.

That doesn't look like Godl\zilla to me xP.

-Kyon

Maleficent
01-17-2008, 05:33 AM
Maybe the Aquatic Version?

God, it' look's like me on a bad day.

VP4L
01-17-2008, 05:57 AM
It's not Godzilla -_-.

I believe this is the "sea creature" so many of you are reffering to: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/matrix_gs04/cloverfieldmonster.jpg.

That doesn't look like Godl\zilla to me xP.

-Kyon

:eek: wow thats huge

Maleficent
01-17-2008, 06:01 AM
the Theory is it's a newborn.
BIG MOMMA!

death_metal_lawn_gnome
01-17-2008, 09:36 AM
i was hoping it would be a giant robot gone evil you know built by the government

Orthar
01-17-2008, 10:18 AM
It's those god damn aliens.

Splishee
01-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I just saw it today!
I LOVED it!

Of course, the film made people sick because of the constant motion of the supposed handheld camera. That's always a downside. But it looks so realistic and the way it's presented is brilliant and creative.

The special effects left me in awe, every time I caught a glimpse of that.. thing.. made myy jaw drop and eyes widen. I just couldn't help it!

It's not like other movies where you're watching people getting attacked - you're the one BEING attacked, and it's a hell of an effect!

Some People Always Mumble
01-17-2008, 02:43 PM
im so sacred of this this monster i live in new y0rk and its causesing us to moove we r leafing tonight before this thing gets released at midnihgt i wonder y the goaverment is lettering them get away with destorying all of new york city :sad:

Fire Away
01-17-2008, 06:13 PM
im so sacred of this this monster i live in new y0rk and its causesing us to moove we r leafing tonight before this thing gets released at midnihgt i wonder y the goaverment is lettering them get away with destorying all of new york city :sad:

Um...what?

It's just a movie. :|

ChthonicAustrian
01-17-2008, 06:37 PM
New York is always targetted for the end of the world films because of the population, mass of sky scrapers, and the fact that it's right up there with London and Tokyo in forms of "popularity".

Hence "The Day After Tomorrow" x3

I really want to see this movie, though.

@Skullz: Last I checked that photo has been confirmed as a fake.

Maleficent
01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Woo Hoo! Godzilla Theory still stand's!
Dang Parent's bcause they all got the flu, i have to see it tomorrow!

Orthar
01-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Woo Hoo! Godzilla Theory still stand's!
Dang Parent's bcause they all got the flu, i have to see it tomorrow!
...It's not Godzilla. I've seen the movie, I've seen the monster.

Maleficent
01-17-2008, 10:33 PM
...It's not Godzilla. I've seen the movie, I've seen the monster.

Dang.
*Think's of Monster,lightbulb Appear's Above head* George Bush!

Synester
01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
New York is always targetted for the end of the world films because of the population, mass of sky scrapers, and the fact that it's right up there with London and Tokyo in forms of "popularity".

Hence "The Day After Tomorrow" x3

I really want to see this movie, though.

@Skullz: Last I checked that photo has been confirmed as a fake.Why yes, I keep track of all movie monsters in the world. I never said that was the monster in the movie. I was just putting a picture of those who claimed it to be a sea monster. It was just an interesting picture I saw :rolleyes:.

And its not Godzilla.

Maleficent
01-18-2008, 02:26 AM
Why yes, I keep track of all movie monsters in the world. I never said that was the monster in the movie. I was just putting a picture of those who claimed it to be a sea monster. It was just an interesting picture I saw :rolleyes:.

And its not Godzilla.

That's why my new theory is George Bush

Splishee
01-18-2008, 02:41 AM
The Godzilla theory is wrong. It is nothing of the sort.

It is EXACTLY what Fire Away said, in the Production Notes. To the people who said he was wrong, shame on you.

Maleficent
01-18-2008, 02:57 AM

It is EXACTLY what Fire Away said, in the Production Notes. To the people who said he was wrong, shame on you.

*Gulp's,Back's away slowly*Umm...

Gaia
01-18-2008, 03:44 AM
Dang.
*Think's of Monster,lightbulb Appear's Above head* George Bush!

That's not funny.

And this is not the Others: Chat board.

Anyways, I'm so watching Cloverfield. Trailer looks too great. :D

Maleficent
01-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Im going tomorrow, will be so much fun.

Elemental Brotherhood
01-18-2008, 06:09 AM
No matter what the evidence shows, I still think it's Mass Hysteria...

:hungry:

Maleficent
01-18-2008, 06:16 AM
About the Monster or the movie?

Fire Away
01-18-2008, 10:18 AM

Thanks, Splishee. XD

I'm seeing this movie tomorrow. I haven't changed my mind really, but my friends apparently have. I'll probably end up enjoying myself though. :]

Dark Lightning
01-18-2008, 05:59 PM

Hence "The Day After Tomorrow"
I love that movie.
And yeah, you're right about that. Nothing can get as destructive as monster taking down skyscrapers. Doctor Who chose London for their end-of-the-world sences, though.
I can't wait - Cloverfield's gonna rock!

Orthar
01-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Spoilers:

The image that Skullz posted is not a fake. That is indeed the monster.

Maleficent
01-19-2008, 05:01 AM
It isnt,I saw the Movie Today.
It's indescribable.

spartan117
01-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Im probably gonna see the movie tomorrow.
If thats true ....The image that Skullz posted is not a fake. That is indeed the monster....than wow.

Maleficent
01-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Skullz-You are Wrong, i saw the movie and it look's nothing like that.The pic's are not on google yet.

death_metal_lawn_gnome
01-19-2008, 06:49 AM
i just came from cloverfield, it was terrible, shaky amera the whole way through ala blair witch, but worse, the movie left about a million questions, my girlfriend just started a group on facebook called cloverfield, wost movie in history, i dont recomend this to anyone i love violent action sci-fi movies, but whoever wrote and directed this peice of garbage should be slapped

Treeky111
01-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I think its a bit of a remake of Godzilla only in NY and its killing everything and no one can see it. I saw the preview and I'm going to look at the trailer right now.

Rekhyt
01-19-2008, 12:46 PM
It's not a remake of anything.

And it's a Giant Sea Monster, how do I know? Because I went to it.

Fire Away
01-19-2008, 01:07 PM
i just came from cloverfield, it was terrible, shaky amera the whole way through ala blair witch, but worse, the movie left about a million questions, my girlfriend just started a group on facebook called cloverfield, wost movie in history, i dont recomend this to anyone i love violent action sci-fi movies, but whoever wrote and directed this peice of garbage should be slapped

I'm not sure I get this post. What 'million questions' were left? If you're wondering about the origins of the monster, don't. There isn't some random scientist in this film who happens to be an expert on this creature who can and will tell the victims what's going on. I think that's part of the reason I liked it so much.

death_metal_lawn_gnome
01-19-2008, 08:14 PM
nothing is disclosed in the movie, i dont see how anyone could enjoy it, hey lets go see a movie where the camera shakes the entire time, with a lackluster story line, plot and ending, ya mabey it doesnt leave a million questions, but it certainly doesnt give a million answers now does it

Fire Away
01-19-2008, 08:19 PM
nothing is disclosed in the movie, i dont see how anyone could enjoy it, hey lets go see a movie where the camera shakes the entire time, with a lackluster story line, plot and ending, ya mabey it doesnt leave a million questions, but it certainly doesnt give a million answers now does it

If you went to the movie expecting a lesson in monster biology, you went with the wrong frame of mind. This isn't one of those movies where you watch an alien pod crash onto Earth and observe a hideous beast emerge from a slimy sac. It's unexplained, which makes it terrifying. You're supposed to experience it as if you were there when it happened. That's why they use the POV they do. That's why you basically learn nothing except for what you can see.

Maleficent
01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
yep,that's it.It is a Sea monster,Not a Remake of anything.

Fire Away
01-19-2008, 08:28 PM
For the love of all that is holy, mark your spoilers, please. :/

P.S. I definitely said that on the first page. :P

death_metal_lawn_gnome
01-20-2008, 03:15 AM
ya fire away, i get it, i didnt know going into it that the whole movie was POV, otherwise i just wouldnt have gone. and the fact that you think the way they didnt explain the monsters background of how it got there, may leave something to the imagination that exictes terror in ones self but i think when you have more information than what was provided it makes it more interesting. and no, i didnt expect a lesson in monsterology thanks.

spartan117
01-21-2008, 04:05 AM
Im watching it right now. Actually I just started and Im excited to see it.

EDIT: Holy Crap! I just finished it and Im speechless. All I can say is WOW.
That was so close to my house....I couldve been in that situation.

Seawolf
01-24-2008, 04:26 PM
The movie was actually quite scary. I liked it.

However, it's unfortunate that the monster looked like a cross between a praying mantis and the Michelin Man. =/

Oh, and a question that I have to keep in white because it's a spoiler-
What happened to the girl that got bitten? Did she vomit blood, or explode, or what?

Rekhyt
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM

However, it's unfortunate that the monster looked like a cross between a praying mantis and the Michelin Man. =/

What happened to the girl that got bitten? Did she vomit blood, or explode, or what?

I'm pretty sure that she died.

SiberianTiger
01-24-2008, 04:40 PM
My background is black.

Good game.

~Isaiah

Cybernetic Ghost
01-25-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm not sure I get this post. What 'million questions' were left? If you're wondering about the origins of the monster, don't. There isn't some random scientist in this film who happens to be an expert on this creature who can and will tell the victims what's going on. I think that's part of the reason I liked it so much.

Where its from. What is is. What happens. Why a camera survives mass bombings. If you do the viral marketing, you know the main character was going to japan to work for Shlusho, a fake drink company, that drills for its main ingredient from the ocean, and I'm going to ASSUME its near Japan, since the company is based out of there, but it still attacks New York.

I just really don't think its a good movie. Its pretty much Final Fantasy X and the Blair Witch Project combined. It has some funny moments(although I'm not sure if you were supposed to laugh at some of the things I did), but overall, I wouldn't see it again.

Whatever. To each his own I guess.

And Megumi, pretty sure her head exploded

Maleficent
01-25-2008, 05:13 AM

She went Kaplooey or Explodey.
P.S-How come you dont know? it was you after all. (Complmenting C.G)

LS
01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
I BET ITS BUSH'S FAULT. HE WAS LIKE LETS MAKE A BIG UGLY MONSTER THINGY LOL AND THEN HE DID IT AND GOT SCREWED.

I just think its an alien that likes destroying stuff for the lulz.

Black Fox of the Darkness
01-27-2008, 03:06 AM
I thought it was a decent movie.I want a picture of the cloverfield monster.I also think it should have a sequel.
And does everyone remember when Hud was like"wouldn't it be scary if a flaming homeless guy came outta nowhere!"LOLZ XD

The_Seventieth_Evil
01-27-2008, 04:03 AM
I thought it was a decent movie.I want a picture of the cloverfield monster.I also think it should have a sequel.
And does everyone remember when Hud was like"wouldn't it be scary if a flaming homeless guy came outta nowhere!"LOLZ XD

I saw this movie on Tuesday.

All I can say is what I posted on another forum:

Godzilla Snacks: The Movie

as in the story of the too slow victims who can't run to save their lives.

EDIT: As for the bitten girl from Macy's. There was a gunshot and a 'water balloon'.

"Knowledge is unimportant because evil has portents." ---I said this to my boss, but if someone infamous beat me to it, their name I know not.

TheEvilDookie
01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know where the monster cam from? Does anyone know what happened to the monster after the scene under the bridge? The people didn't really explain everyhting as well as they could have.

Spolier question:

Also, what happened to Lilly? I didn't see much of her after Hud died

Black Fox of the Darkness
01-28-2008, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know where the monster cam from? Does anyone know what happened to the monster after the scene under the bridge? The people didn't really explain everyhting as well as they could have.

Spolier question:

Also, what happened to Lilly? I didn't see much of her after Hud died

Lilly probably lived because she was on another copter

Fire Away
01-28-2008, 02:07 AM

Mark your spoilers please. -_-

death_metal_lawn_gnome
01-28-2008, 05:55 AM
exactly cybernetic ghost, thank you

Dark Lightning
02-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Highlight: I thought nobody survived?
It will have a sequel.
Here's the monster. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Official-release-cloverfield-monster.jpg)