PDA

View Full Version : Banjo-Kazooie 3

Light Manaphy
01-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Yes, we all loved Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie for the Nintendo 64. Now Rare is making a third game of the series and it appears as if Gamespot has a teaser trailer on it.

As far as I'm concerned, not much is known about it, except for the fact that Banjo, Kazooie, Gruntilda, and someone else is going to be in this game.

So... post your opinions about the game here and any updates/news relating to this new game.

Personally, I love the Banjo-Kazooie games, but what ticks me off is that Rare has switched their games over to the XBOX and XBOX 360. They still need to think about the people who don't have anything but Nintendo consoles, in my opinion.

Anyways, if you know about this game, discuss it here for the time being. =D

Moe2
01-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Yes, we all loved Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie for the Nintendo 64. Now Rare is making a third game of the series and it appears as if Gamespot has a teaser trailer on it.

As far as I'm concerned, not much is known about it, except for the fact that Banjo, Kazooie, Gruntilda, and someone else is going to be in this game.

So... post your opinions about the game here and any updates/news relating to this new game.

Personally, I love the Banjo-Kazooie games, but what ticks me off is that Rare has switched their games over to the XBOX and XBOX 360. They still need to think about the people who don't have anything but Nintendo consoles, in my opinion.

Anyways, if you know about this game, discuss it here for the time being. =D
Its on the 360 :'(
why did Rare have to leave nintendo :'(

Fire Away
01-19-2008, 07:32 PM
You guys are being silly. Rare needs to think about people who only have Nintendo consoles?

How about they think of what's good for their company so they can continue to make great games? :P

I'm very excited for Banjo-Threeie or whatever it ends up being called. Banjo-Kazooie is, IMO one of the best 3D Platformers, and easily just under Mario64 for that gen of consoles.

SpaceUnicorn
01-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Rare didn't leave Nintendo, Microsoft just bought them out.

Light Manaphy
01-19-2008, 07:42 PM
You guys are being silly. Rare needs to think about people who only have Nintendo consoles?

How about they think of what's good for their company so they can continue to make great games? :P

I'm very excited for Banjo-Threeie or whatever it ends up being called. Banjo-Kazooie is, IMO one of the best 3D Platformers, and easily just under Mario64 for that gen of consoles.

What? It isn't fair to every old school Nintendo 64 fan who loved Banjo-Kazooie that Rare has to make Banjo-Kazooie 3 for the 360, I mean if they don't have a 360.

And before you say, "They can buy one!", think about the people who can't afford a system like that after they've gotten a Wii and probably 5-10 games with it from their parent(s). I'm just saying what I think. :wink:

I hope the gameplay is still great (which it probably will be). I remember in Banjo-Tooie that there was an alternate Kazooie who looked like a green Jinjos with wings and instead of pecking like Kazooie does, it (or she, since Kazooie is a female) breathes fire. The alternate Kazooie, which I called Tooie, had the same flying abilities that the original Kazooie had, but an extra twist to it.

I'm psyched about this game, regardless of which console it's coming out on. I mean, there's always demos at the mall, right?

Fire Away
01-19-2008, 07:44 PM
So technically the only way it'd be 'fair' is to release it on the N64.

I get it now. :P

Light Manaphy
01-19-2008, 07:46 PM
So technically the only way it'd be 'fair' is to release it on the N64.

I get it now. :P

No, since N64 is out of style now.

I'm just saying that Rare shouldn't have done the Microsoft-Nintendo switch over.

SpaceUnicorn
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
No, since N64 is out of style now.

I'm just saying that Rare shouldn't have done the Microsoft-Nintendo switch over.

Companies do it all the time. Look at Square-Enix they were making games for Nintendo a long time. Then Sony released the Playstation and they started making their games for that console.

Fire Away
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
But why?

Seriously?

Ethics? Attachment? Rare is a third party company, they're free to do as they please. They're going to develop for whoever pays them more. That's like turning down a job promotion with a 10K increase on your salary because you've grown attached to the people you work with.

Light Manaphy
01-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Companies do it all the time. Look at Square-Enix they were making games for Nintendo a long time. Then Sony released the Playstation and they started making their games for that console.

That's true, but look at the awesome graphics on the Playstation systems. Final Fantasy was born for graphics like that, in my opinion. =D

But good point.

@ Fire Away: Well, that's true, so let's get back to discussion. =D

Stormdancer94
01-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Aww... My Dad has an XBOX at his house, but there is no way he'd ever buy a 360 :(

I got a Nintendo 64, First console I ever learnt to play ^_^ Such good memories, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie were the best games ever!!!!!!!!!

Banjo Tooie was great because of the multiplayer mode, always loved that...

If you liked Banjo Tooie, I'd recommend playing Conker's Bad Fur Day, it's on the Nin64 as well, rated M15+, but that's only because of some bad language and because you can use your pee as a weapon at one point in the Men's Room :p

Seawolf
01-20-2008, 01:09 AM

The 360 is a nice system; there's no need to trash it. :o

Uh... I thought Rare dropped off the face of the planet. This is interesting news.

The_Seventieth_Evil
01-20-2008, 05:12 AM
I haven't touched an XBox since the best for it was Cel Damage. But for Banjo 3 my mind will quickly change. Call it what though?

Banjo-Threesixtooie?

Stormdancer94
01-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Apparently, it's just Banjo Kazooie 3. How dull... They suggested Bano Threeie in the end of Tooie :p, And you have to admit, it does sound a hell of a lot funnier and better than Banjo Kazooie 3 :p

Moe2
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Apparently, it's just Banjo Kazooie 3. How dull... They suggested Bano Threeie in the end of Tooie :p, And you have to admit, it does sound a hell of a lot funnier and better than Banjo Kazooie 3 :p

it was under development, but when rare was baught out all the games they were going to make for the gcb were scrapped, one of them being banjo-Threeie

Light Manaphy
01-20-2008, 10:31 PM
The 360 is a nice system; there's no need to trash it. :o

Uh... I thought Rare dropped off the face of the planet. This is interesting news.

I'm not trashing the 360. I'm just a little sad that this game isn't coming out for a system like, say, the Wii.

I know... been a long time since Rare has made a Banjo game.

I haven't touched an XBox since the best for it was Cel Damage. But for Banjo 3 my mind will quickly change. Call it what though?

Banjo-Threesixtooie?

The XBOX systems do have a lot of Mature games, but some aren't that bad.

Lol XD. Banjo-Threesixtooie.

Banjo-Kazooie 3 is what Wikipedia is calling it, but Gamespot is calling it Banjo-Threeie. Hopefully Rare will make the name something creative like Threeie. ^_^

Stormdancer94
01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Apparently, it is schedueled for a VERY tentative release this year *crosses fingers*

I think somewhere, on something said that Threeie was a little too 'immature' and they wanted to make it a little bit more mature, like Conker's Bad Fur Day, but not that rude :tongue:

I hope we see Bottles again, he is like... t3h 4w3$0m3$$ :p scuse my bad crappy 1337 :p

!CeMAn
01-25-2008, 03:06 PM
I never did finish Tooie...
This new one is probably worth checking out. My roomate has a 360 so it might even be possible. The series was pretty fun. Wasn't so fond of having to collect 56 000 things in each world however.

(BtW, i was pretty miffed when Capcom took thier Mega Man franchise and hopped over to PlayStation. Leave us the Battle Network and Zero series?? WtF is THAT?)

Stormdancer94
01-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Eh, I prefer the Playstation, it's just a good and simple console, with good games that aren't too adulty or childish.

XBOX games are more for the 15+ side of gamers really. There are a rare few games that are good for XBOX I think...

I finished Banjo Tooie, I nabbed it from a friend, finished it and gave it back to they could mess around on it :smile:

It was a great game! I played Banjo Kazooie... I think I finished it... I forgot... But that was a friends game also... So... They're REALLY REALLY hard to find at second hand game stores, as the other stores don't sell N64 games anymore... And not many GBA games either... Kinda sucks...

Light Manaphy
01-26-2008, 08:04 AM
But that was a friends game also... So... They're REALLY REALLY hard to find at second hand game stores, as the other stores don't sell N64 games anymore... And not many GBA games either... Kinda sucks...

Wow, you were lucky. I'd give my left foot to buy Tooie anywhere.

There's a funny teaser trailer on IGN. It's worth checking out. =D

!CeMAn
01-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Wow, you were lucky. I'd give my left foot to buy Tooie anywhere.

I have Banjo - Tooie.
I swear, i will sell it to you for your left foot.
(or if you're absolutely serious, we can work it out monetarily)

Stormdancer94
01-27-2008, 04:30 AM
Aaah... I'd buy Tooie from my friends, but it seems a little... I don't know... It's kinda uncomfortable. And besides, their Mum would just say, 'You don't play it anymore anyway, so you can have it!' It's just my nature, I get uncomfortable asking for things :redface:

I'd give my left AND right foot for both games :p I'd buy them off someone on Ebay or Amazon, but I don't trust Paypal or anything like that... Neither do I fancy driving halfway across town to visit someone's house for it :tongue: I am so lazy

Light Manaphy
02-06-2008, 01:09 PM
@ !ceman: I was being sarcastic. :wink:

xD

Hmm... it appears as if this game is more than halfway done in development... I'm happy the Banjo games come out for us earlier than elsewhere. =D

Stormdancer94
02-09-2008, 06:51 AM
GASP! IS THERE A RELEASE DATE YET?!?!?!

*Crosses fingers* Please for something I have a console for... Please for a PC, PS2 or XBOX...

I like Bottles. Bottles is teh aw3som3n3ss.