PDA

View Full Version : ([{RmT}])

XÍnaz
02-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Hey, I've been working on a team for quite some time, and tonight I finally made one that I just freaking LOVE! It incorporates slapping some Paralysis on my opponents, and then just leaving them in the dust with quite a few options. So without further ado, here is my FIRST TEAM THAT I AM HAPPY WITH!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa385.png
Jirachi @ Leftovers ** Estrella
Impish Nature
252 HP / 10 ATK / 216 DEF / 32 SPE
--Body Slam
--Zen Headbutt
--Stealth Rocks/U-Turn/Sunny Day
--Wish
Basically, I completely stole this moveset from Obi. I've been testing it, and I've found Stealth Rocks to be a waste of a moveslot for this team. I'm considering U-Turn on it, but I'm open to other options. Sunny Day also might help my team in the late game. This isn't one of those leads I let die immediately, I can save it later. You can see why Sunny Day might come in handy as a weather changer later on in this RMT... Anyways, I love this lil' thing to death. It just SCREAMS "Garchomp come rape me," only to Body Slam it and slap a Paralysis on it 60% of the time, completely ruining Garchomp. Then I can have either Dragonite come in on the EQ/Fire Blast to OHKO with Draco Meteor or I can have this lil' girl come in..

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa468.png
Togekiss @ Leftovers ** Sereno
Modest Nature
164 HP / 42 DEF / 52 SPE / 252 SPATK
--Thunderwave
--Air Slash
--Aura Sphere
--Roost
Ah, the serene beauty of Togekiss. The set may look strange, but bear with me... First off, the Speed gets you to 209, an ideal speed for getting past CBTar and those who are geared to outrun CBTar by one point. DDTar is not a concern, as I can Thunderwave if it is in fact insane enough to try and DD in my face. Next we have HP: gives me 352 HP, perfect for Leftovers gain. Then of course, I pump up its Special Attack. I don't think anyone realizes how much of a punch this thing packs until they're on the receiving end of an Air Slash. Finally, I dumped the rest of the EVs into Defense. I really wanted to come up with effective EV Spreads for this team (in the past I've used the standard ****, and I'm tired of it) and I gotta say I couldn't be happier with this set.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa242.png
Blissey @ Leftovers ** Enfermera
Calm Nature
20 HP / 252 DEF / 62 SPATK / 176 SPDEF
--Thunderwave
--Softboiled
--Flamethrower
--Grass Knot
The third and final paralysis inducer on my team. This is my slightly different variation of the standard Blissey. Most don't give any HP, I decided to dump a little HP in for optimum Leftovers recovery. The rest is meh... I mainly use this evil nurse to slow down my opponents with Thunderwave while still hitting decently hard. I know ya hate her, but I also know you love her. :wink:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com//sprites/dpffb/dpffb488.png
Cresselia @ Leftovers ** Luna
Bold Nature
252 HP / 200 DEF / 58 SPDEF
--Calm Mind
--Psychic
--Ice Beam
--Moonlight
Once most of my opponents team is handicapped, this is one of the Pokémon I turn to when I want to put the hurt on my opponent. If I had to sum Cresselia up into one battle, it would be my FIRST one with this team. I'm down 4-1 with Cresselia out, Calm Mind once while they switch to their next Pokémon, Calm Mind again while they Rain Dance for set up, take Hydro Pump like a beast while I Calm Mind again, and I win the match with a four Pokémon sweep. The EVs are pretty straight forward; I didn't want the Timid set since I want to be able to counter Garchomp fairly well, so I decided to run Bold with high Defenses. I really am surprised with its effectiveness.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa214.png
Heracross @ Choice Band ** MEGACUERNO
Adamant Nature
104 HP / 252 ATK / 152 SPE
--Close Combat
--Megacuerno
--Stone Edge
--Sleep Talk
Witness the power of CBCross. He is one of, if not the most powerful physical hitter in the game. Sure, not the highest attack stat, but with two 120 Base Power STAB moves and a Choice Band, it can 2HKO even the likes of Skarmory. This works pretty well against Tyraniboah for me; I can come in, resist Dark Pulse and Focus Punch while hitting it hard with Megacuerno. Then Jirachi can Wish him back some health later on. Even better is the fact that if my opponents team is all either Paralyzed or slower than 269, then I have a good chance of winning the game. Sleep talk is pretty nice for Breloom; I have a 2/3 chance of KOing it after the Spore IIRC. Overall, an immensely overpowered Pokémon.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa149.png
Dragonite @ Life Orb ** Luchador
Mild Nature
94 HP / 116 ATK / 48 SPE / 252 SPATK
--Draco Meteor
--Fire Blast
--Focus Punch
--Roost
Most definitely my best and favorite moveset I've ever made. I cannot believe how well this does in battle, and if you would like to test it feel free. It outruns CBTar, OHKOs Blissey with Focus Punch, can destroy SO MUCH with Draco Meteor, and with just 94 HP I take 24-36ish Damage from a Suicune Ice Beam when I use Roost... Such a beast. Even without paralysis support, I cause so many switches that his incredibly high Base Power attacks (140 STAB, 120, 150) wreck havoc on the battlefield. Obviously, Life Orb will be taking HP away in order to make this set most effective. ****** right? WRONG! Roost off the damage when you're done...

This is by far the best team I've ever built. I have always had trouble finding the synergy needed to make a good team, and its record aint to shabby either. After one night of building and battling, this team has a 12--0 record in Ladder Matches. Yet there are threats this team has to deal with, namely Heracross and Weavile. Tyranitar looks like it can cause mischief, but I'm yet to be completely dumbfounded by one yet. Jirachi is my only real option against Heracross and Weavile, taking neutral from all their attacks, but it can only come in to revenge kill if Heracross is using a STAB move. My current main answer is just prediction, but that only goes so far. If I can slap a T-Wave on it, even with the Guts boost I can then stop it with Togekiss. Same goes for Weavile in fact, and Tyranitar for that matter.

As you can see, the synergy I have been looking for has been acquired. If I can get paralysis on my main threats, I'll win. Thanks for reading, and if you do read make sure to post your thoughts/opinions/improvements.

XÍnaz
02-07-2008, 01:46 AM
After battling for a while, the team did decently. Right now this original version is 19-2, but I've been testing Mismagius > Dragonite. I love the set, but man I just don't know if this team is best for it. Mismagius has been sweeping teams with ease as the boosted Paralysis support is nicely welcomed. I've had trouble stopping strong Fire Moves, especially from Heatran... Not sure what I will do to change that; only time will tell.

C'mon people, give me some advice.

Leman
02-07-2008, 02:32 AM
I don't think Missy would work, and personally I love that Draggy set. :o Mixnite owns. :D I think you should try and run some sore of bulky-ish slower sweeper, if your gonna get rid of Draggy. Metagross/Rhyperior/Gardevoir/Gallade come to mind. Overall I like the set. Only thing might be that on Toge use something instead of Aura Sphere, as it doesn't abuse Serene Grace. Tri Attack/Flamethrower come to mind.

Fire Away
02-07-2008, 02:38 AM
I don't think Missy would work, and personally I love that Draggy set. :o Mixnite owns. :D I think you should try and run some sore of bulky-ish slower sweeper, if your gonna get rid of Draggy. Metagross/Rhyperior/Gardevoir/Gallade come to mind. Overall I like the set. Only thing might be that on Toge use something instead of Aura Sphere, as it doesn't abuse Serene Grace. Tri Attack/Flamethrower come to mind.

What'd be the point of more status effects when the idea is to paralyze, though? For this team paralysis seems like it contributes a lot more to the synergy.

I'm glad someone else recognizes how much better CBCross is than ScarfCross. :[

I like this team a lot. That's all I really have to contribute right now, since I'm a little tired and full of cold medicine. The Dragonite set looks awesome. Sorry I'm lame and unhelpful. :oops:

Leman
02-07-2008, 02:43 AM
What'd be the point of more status effects when the idea is to paralyze, though? For this team paralysis seems like it contributes a lot more to the synergy.

I like this team a lot. That's all I really have to contribute right now, since I'm a little tired and full of cold medicine. The Dragonite set looks awesome. Sorry I'm lame and unhelpful. :oops:

Well, I was thinking, that this gives you a hit on Vire/Jolteon/Toxic\Burn Orb users .

XÍnaz
02-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Aura Sphere is very, very necessary for Tyranitar. For some reason, people love trying to switch in TTar on Togekiss, just to get whacked with an Aura Sphere to the FACE! Also, Missy does in fact work. I've tested it and it does great. I like both versions of the team, but I still think I could find an even better replacement for Dragonite/Mismagius and have them on their respective teams to tear **** up better.
Well, I was thinking, that this gives you a hit on Vire/Jolteon/Toxic\Burn Orb users .
Vire looks like a threat, but in all honesty I have had no problems with it at all. Cresselia can usually just use it as Set-Up fodder.

CBCross is such a beast, and on this team you'll be outrunning **** like ScarfCross does while still 2HKOing nearly everything in the game. Thanks for the compliments, you should try the Draggy set out; it is a lot of fun. ^_^