Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 38 HP / 252 SpAtk / 220 Spe
Nature: Modest
- U-Turn
- Overheat
- Air Slash
- Will-o-Wisp/Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Electric

Great lead, especially paired up with Dugtrio. It is basically Heatran fodder, and when I U-Turn right into Dugtrio, its GG for that ugly molten punk. Not to mention it takes out most of the top 15 leads.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpDef / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Best revenge killer in the game. End of story.

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 78 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Impish
- Knock Off
- Force Palm
- Thunderpunch/Whirlwind
- Ice Punch/Whirlwind

God damn does this thing rock. I've built so many teams with no answer for Gyarados, Weavile, and Tyranitar, but this guy can stop all of them. He is now for sure a staple on my team. I don't really think Whilrwind is worth it, but maybe someone can tell me otherwise.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 158 SpDef
Nature: Calm
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This can handle SpecsMence + MixApe + Electivire + Azelf + ScarfChomp and also gives me a Status Absorber.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Quick Attack
- X-Scissor

Every team needs a strong Bug attack, right? This guy demolishes Celebi and is a very good late game sweeper.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 116 HP / 158 SpAtk / 236 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

Most dangerous Pokémon in the game if you don't come prepared for it. Hariyama takes out Tyranitar and Weavile, who can otherwise Pursuit it all day long. The EVs get it past Jolly Garchomp (30 Speed IV for HP Fighting).

I'm looking to switch Scizor and Cresselia out for something that can handle Gengar better and a Rapid Spinner. I really, really need a Rapid Spinner with Moltres.

Fire Away
02-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm looking to switch Scizor and Cresselia out for something that can handle Gengar better and a Rapid Spinner. I really, really need a Rapid Spinner with Moltres.

True. This was going to be the first thing I pointed out. :x

As for something to respond to the Gengar problem, you could try Spiritomb. He can switch in on basically all of Gengar's attacks and deliver a coup de grace with Sucker Punch or Pursuit. Special sets could do the same, with Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse (though both of those moves lack the utility the physical moves have).

Any of the OU Rapid Spinners can find room in your team. Starmie is fast and can respond to most ghosts (except Spiritomb) that want to block her Rapid Spin very well.

Pulse
02-23-2008, 11:50 PM
How do you think CBWeavile > Dugtrio and Donphan > Scizor would be? As great as it is to stop Heatran, I doubt it will be a huge threat considering Hariyama resists Fire and the only way it'll hurt is with Specs. And with Specs, basically anything can outrun it and kill it. Meh, I'm not sure... I never am sure with my teams.

Leman
02-24-2008, 12:40 AM
How do you think CBWeavile > Dugtrio and Donphan > Scizor would be? As great as it is to stop Heatran, I doubt it will be a huge threat considering Hariyama resists Fire and the only way it'll hurt is with Specs. And with Specs, basically anything can outrun it and kill it. Meh, I'm not sure... I never am sure with my teams.

Imo, Duggy would work better in the team. Goes better with U-Turn, imo, for trapping stuff.

Pulse
02-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Imo, Duggy would work better in the team. Goes better with U-Turn, imo, for trapping stuff.

Pursuit acts as a great PsuedoTrapping device while Weavile hits A LOT harder than Duggy could even imagine, but I'll of course test both out.

Itachi_2007
02-24-2008, 02:23 PM
U-Turning to Dugtrio from Moltres lead to being ko'ed by Fire Blast. (Because Duggy can't really take a Special hit).

187.74% - 220.75% yeah...

Pulse
02-24-2008, 03:52 PM
U-Turning to Dugtrio from Moltres lead to being ko'ed by Fire Blast. (Because Duggy can't really take a Special hit).

187.74% - 220.75% yeah...

If you're going to make a rate, you need to actually make it understandable and correct. First off, U-Turn would be used on the turn they switch, so Dugtrio would not be coming into a Fire Blast. Secondly, the only way Duggy would get hit would be if it is facing the weaker ScarfTrans. But I had another idea. What if I ran Aerodactyl in Dugtrio's spot? That would let me outspeed even ScarfTran. I'll test them out.

But next time, think a little bit more before you make the rate.

Itachi_2007
02-24-2008, 08:16 PM
If you're going to make a rate, you need to actually make it understandable and correct. First off, U-Turn would be used on the turn they switch, so Dugtrio would not be coming into a Fire Blast. Secondly, the only way Duggy would get hit would be if it is facing the weaker ScarfTrans. But I had another idea. What if I ran Aerodactyl in Dugtrio's spot? That would let me outspeed even ScarfTran. I'll test them out.

But next time, think a little bit more before you make the rate.

Sorry, but how is that not comprehensible? I'm scoffing now, ignore me. :D

Pulse
02-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Sorry, but how is that not comprehensible? I'm scoffing now, ignore me. :D

Lol, I guess I need to explain it.

I send out Moltres.
He sends out Bronzong.

------

He switches to Heatran.
I U-Turn and go to Dugtrio.

------

I OHKO unless it is holding a Choice Scarf.

Now do you get what I was saying? The problem with your post is that you did not specify if the Heatran was Choice Spec'd or Scarf'd, and if it was Spec'd it would get OHKO'd making your calculations worthless.